What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL2 Rosters (draft order #68, pos order #70) and draft discussion (1 Viewer)

I want to discuss the 1PK strategy a bit.

I'm not sure I'm sold on it, to be honest. I understand that if you get a stud you can ride him every week, but the weekly variability of practically every PK in the NFL is just not a great idea. For example, if a team scores 28, the PK gets just 4 despite the above-average scoring by his team. Couple this with the human element where a kicker could get hurt, fall out of favor or even get cut, and I'm not thrilled by this approach.

I decided to look at the numbers and compare PK to D/ST, since that's usually the position where the choose 1 vs. choose 2 debate starts. Looking at last year's PDSLs - 32 defenses and 33 PKs were taken. A reasonable sample for both.

Here's what I found:

D/ST:

Average:

Standard Deviation:

Kicker:

Average:

Standard Deviation:

So they're reasonably comparable - Defenses score 1-2 more points but they vary more too.

I went further again and just looked at the frequency of subpar performances - scores of 3 or less for PK and 4 or less for defenses - nearly identical (252 for PK, 147 for D/ST) - about 30% each. That means, on average, 5 out of 17 weeks will be a weak link for either PK or D/ST - so if you're comfy with the 1 PK approach, then you should be almost as comfy with the 1 D approach.

I don't know - I think I'd be more conservative to survive.

I welcome the debate on the other side though Bloom (or anyone else who wants to add their opinion)>

I want to discuss the 1PK strategy a bit.I'm not sure I'm sold on it, to be honest. I understand that if you get a stud you can ride him every week, but the weekly variability of practically every PK in the NFL is just not a great idea. For example, if a team scores 28, the PK gets just 4 despite the above-average scoring by his team. Couple this with the human element where a kicker could get hurt, fall out of favor or even get cut, and I'm not thrilled by this approach.I decided to look at the numbers and compare PK to D/ST, since that's usually the position where the choose 1 vs. choose 2 debate starts. Looking at last year's PDSLs - 32 defenses and 33 PKs were taken. A reasonable sample for both.Here's what I found:D/ST:Average:7.65Standard Deviation:5.97Kicker:Average:5.58Standard Deviation:4.10So they're reasonably comparable - Defenses score 1-2 more points but they vary more too. I went further again and just looked at the frequency of subpar performances - scores of 3 or less for PK and 4 or less for defenses - nearly identical (252 for PK, 147 for D/ST) - about 30% each. That means, on average, 5 out of 17 weeks will be a weak link for either PK or D/ST - so if you're comfy with the 1 PK approach, then you should be almost as comfy with the 1 D approach. I don't know - I think I'd be more conservative to survive. I welcome the debate on the other side though Bloom (or anyone else who wants to add their opinion)>
You didn't highlight the most important part of your numbers - kickers only average 5.58, so you have less to gain by doubling up. I like the two defense strategy (assuming you dont forgo favorite skill position sleepers to do it) because they have more 12+ point weeks due to turnover or TD binges. I looked at what second kickers contributed in SLs last year and found that they scored less than half the time and usually contributed about what they averaged - 5-6 points. That's the best case scenario, half the time your lineup will get a 5-6 point bump. The ranks of second kickers are riddled with guys who lose their jobs or get mired in weak offenses, that risk is what puts them in the second kicker tier, so you don't always get that when you take a second kicker, you just hope to get that.Throwing another dart at your weakest position might be fruitless, or even unneeded (if you're lucky), but I would argue that the probability of A) ending up needing help at your weakest position and B) hitting on your 16th or 17th round pick (which does have a premium because most people are taking PK and DST in those rounds so you can snag a much better player than the quality in the 18th/19th, when the decent WR/RB/TE options remaining get depleted quickly) makes the extra pick at the weakest position much more likely to have a material difference on whether your team survives than the possibility of a 5-6 pt bump about half of the time. If my team is good enough to make it to December, using that extra pick on a skill player becomes even MORE important, because of injury attrition and turnover on the depth chart. Many skill players who were barely in the box score in September are important players in the fantasy playoffs, and they are exactly the types of players we take in the late rounds - young fliers at WR/TE who need time to develop and backup RBs. Again, the extra dart at your weakest position is much more likely to have a material difference on the outcome of your season than the possibility of the modest bump from the 2nd kicker.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked at the WSL1 eliminations last year - only once did the team eliminated have less than 5 at kicker, and that time it was a 4.

When I think about what gets a team eliminated, a poor K score doesn't seem nearly as likely to be the reason as poor depth or bye week/injury triangulation at a position. Using that extra pick as protection against the second scenario seems wiser to me than protecting against the first.

Couple this with the human element where a kicker could get hurt, fall out of favor or even get cut, and I'm not thrilled by this approach.
Your injury prone or shaky kickers are usually the ones taken after PK16, as second kickers, this is actually an argument against taking a second kicker.

Thanks for the breakdown Bloom. :lmao: I agree with pretty much everything you said, although I think just because I reached on my RB's that they aren't going to produce decently. As for the Tim Hightower knock, I agree that he's been seeing less play lately, but he finished 13th in scoring last year. If anything AZ will be looking to run the ball more with Warner retiring, keeping all the opportunities available for Hightower. To my knowledge, the Cards haven't made any notable moves or statements in regards to looking for a new RB and from what I've seen Chris Wells hasn't shown himself capable of carrying the load by himself yet.

I think in a few months the Garrard pick may be seen as the biggest reach. Heh.

There are definately two strong sides to this argument. I've been in the position of being knocked out of a survivor league by only a couple of points, and found that it was my single kicker that scored only 3 or 4. A four or five point swing is often more then enough to justify having him on board.

I also have been rocked by injuries, and short a position player. In the end, it's better to take a 0 or 2 at a K position then it is at a starting RB or WR slot.

SO that's where it gets tricky. One could argue that the quality of RB or WR in rounds 17/18/19/20 usually is not going to help much, if at all. If a 3rd string RB is forced into you lineup due to attrition, is his contribution more then the 4 or 5 points you get from the second kicker 4 or 5 times during the season? Personally...I don't think so.

Bloom's argument makes a lot more sense in the later survivors, the summer leagues where we only have 18 rounds (thus, fewer backups across the board.) IN these early leagues, I think it's better to go with two, but not overpay for them. DST20 is not much of an advantage over DST32, while the backup WR/RB available in the 15th is significantly more likely to be useful then the one available in the 18th or 19th. Similarly, the later "bad" kickers often turn out to be valuable in fantasy, as long as you can avoid the guys with uncertain jobs. AT this point, that cutoff is usually in the PK25/26 area....meaning that it could be said that PK26 is every bit as valuable as PK18, yet can generally be had a couple of rounds later, allowing for a better WR5/6 or RB4/5.

I believe Bloom's argument justifies the risk of waiting and potentially being short, but does not justify it as a standard strategy. (At least in the WSL's and PDSL's where we get 20 picks.)

I just looked at the WSL1 eliminations last year - only once did the team eliminated have less than 5 at kicker, and that time it was a 4. When I think about what gets a team eliminated, a poor K score doesn't seem nearly as likely to be the reason as poor depth or bye week/injury triangulation at a position. Using that extra pick as protection against the second scenario seems wiser to me than protecting against the first.
I think you could have argued that Heartly and Folk were good enough last year to just take one. That could have killed you. I would rather have one DEF than on kicker, at least I know I will field a DEF every week but the bye.

Couple this with the human element where a kicker could get hurt, fall out of favor or even get cut, and I'm not thrilled by this approach.
Your injury prone or shaky kickers are usually the ones taken after PK16, as second kickers, this is actually an argument against taking a second kicker.
Well, to counter that - what about Adam Vinatieri or Nick Folk last year? I'm probably missing others, but I think kickers get "disposed of" nearly as often as injured.I do get your side of the argument - so I like the concept. Not sure I'd go down that road in a 20-pick Survivor, but I can see it when the spots drop to 18.Good discussion, Bloom. :lmao:

There are definately two strong sides to this argument. I've been in the position of being knocked out of a survivor league by only a couple of points, and found that it was my single kicker that scored only 3 or 4. A four or five point swing is often more then enough to justify having him on board.

I also have been rocked by injuries, and short a position player. In the end, it's better to take a 0 or 2 at a K position then it is at a starting RB or WR slot.

SO that's where it gets tricky. One could argue that the quality of RB or WR in rounds 17/18/19/20 usually is not going to help much, if at all. If a 3rd string RB is forced into you lineup due to attrition, is his contribution more then the 4 or 5 points you get from the second kicker 4 or 5 times during the season? Personally...I don't think so.

Bloom's argument makes a lot more sense in the later survivors, the summer leagues where we only have 18 rounds (thus, fewer backups across the board.) IN these early leagues, I think it's better to go with two, but not overpay for them. DST20 is not much of an advantage over DST32, while the backup WR/RB available in the 15th is significantly more likely to be useful then the one available in the 18th or 19th. Similarly, the later "bad" kickers often turn out to be valuable in fantasy, as long as you can avoid the guys with uncertain jobs. AT this point, that cutoff is usually in the PK25/26 area....meaning that it could be said that PK26 is every bit as valuable as PK18, yet can generally be had a couple of rounds later, allowing for a better WR5/6 or RB4/5.

I believe Bloom's argument justifies the risk of waiting and potentially being short, but does not justify it as a standard strategy. (At least in the WSL's and PDSL's where we get 20 picks.)
:lmao: Well said.

I went solo last year with Vinteiri. I surived about 3/4s of the season with a zero at the kicker spot. When I did get eliminated, it was by so many points that another kicker wouldn't have helped. That said, using the extra pick at another position only helps if 1) you use it wisely; 2) it's at a postion that turns out to be a weakness. In other words, not only doesn't it have to be a hit, it has to be in an area of need between RB/WR/TE/QB

Ive explained my love for the 1 PK strategy, Seabass is durable and he was ridiculously accurate last year. As long as the curse of Russell is over, Oakland's O should produce more points. I don't love ATL's D, but Douglas return will help the return game, and the young secondary should get better. The hope is for them to be a winning team and play from ahead more. Detroit had more explosive games than STL, made them the easy choice at DST31, guys like Avril, Levy, Delmas, and hopefully McCoy/Suh will give Schwartz some fun pieces to scheme with and hopefully Derrick Williams makes some steps in the return game. The plan here was to get two defenses cheaply as possible, I think ANY two defenses, even the last two will produce well enough to keep a team alive in this league.

Please fire away at my team, or my reviews of your team and others. This draft was a blast and I appreciate the time everyone puts in to make these leagues THE best kept secret in the fantasy football world. All of our games are better for it! :bag:
I'll comment on the half a loaf after I've high lighted Sig's review of the #31 DEF team. I mean, hey.....this is really why this stuff is so great, where guys take oodles of their own time to spend time dispensing knowledge and just some plain old fun-for-the-writing essays.I mean think about it: commenting on everybodies team and then breaking down the #31 ranked DEF for it's upside.....gotta Love It....and that's the passion that is this effort.

"Best Kept Secret".....that's an understatement. Thanks to Sigmund and to all the guys in every one of these Leagues for the passion to do this and to spend time commenting on the results. It just takes a load of passion and commitment to do this and to spend that time and effort commenting on it all....so, thanks to all and that #31 DEF write-up is a classic statement as to why this is the Best Kept Secret.

Now, to the rest of the story, the GOBW Team (supplemented by BassNBrew and by Toads):

The team is a compilation of three guys input as I believe that BNB picked the WR's at the 7-8 turn.

At that point, the five WR's had been secured and it was a simple matter to luck into the #28 QB as a BUQB as he represented the Last Of The Mohicans at that position.

From there, Arian Foster was a must as he was picked over some pretty fair RB's. Because Kubiack is somebody I keep track of, I was all over his late season discussions about Foster and his talent level and I expect that Foster will have a big roll in HOU.

Buckhalter is a steal if he maintains his roll and I suspect that he'll get as many carries next year as he did this last year. He was very effective in his performance and he adds the perimiter to the DEN running attack. The irony of Moreno's season is that he was injured on his third carry in pre-season. He exihibited some flash before he was in injured.....I swear he did. He was actually quick, and had a "burst," for carries #1 and #2.

The rest of the team is "just there" as the majority of the points will be scored by the first eight players to ten players drafted....with perhaps a score or two coming from the late drafters.

Thanks again for this exercise in "let's take a chance." It will get better as the bye weeks unfold and players are furthur down the information highway.

:thumbup:

I'm not sure I'm sold on it, to be honest. I understand that if you get a stud you can ride him every week, but the weekly variability of practically every PK in the NFL is just not a great idea. For example, if a team scores 28, the PK gets just 4 despite the above-average scoring by his team. Couple this with the human element where a kicker could get hurt, fall out of favor or even get cut, and I'm not thrilled by this approach.

I decided to look at the numbers and compare PK to D/ST, since that's usually the position where the choose 1 vs. choose 2 debate starts. Looking at last year's PDSLs - 32 defenses and 33 PKs were taken. A reasonable sample for both.

Here's what I found:

D/ST:

Average:

Standard Deviation:

Kicker:

Average:

Standard Deviation:

So they're reasonably comparable - Defenses score 1-2 more points but they vary more too.

I went further again and just looked at the frequency of subpar performances - scores of 3 or less for PK and 4 or less for defenses - nearly identical (252 for PK, 147 for D/ST) - about 30% each. That means, on average, 5 out of 17 weeks will be a weak link for either PK or D/ST - so if you're comfy with the 1 PK approach, then you should be almost as comfy with the 1 D approach.

I welcome the debate on the other side though Bloom (or anyone else who wants to add their opinion)>
Love that Standard Deviation discussion as my Doctorate Disseration is in "Stastical Analysis From A Lay-Man's Perspective" as issued by the School Of Hard Knocks.The discussion is most meaningful when it's applied to the high end of the deviation....which in this exercise is the TE position.

Example: in WSL-4, I doubled up with what I intuitively believed to be the best advantage available at the dice table: the Standard Deviation as it applies to a strong TE position.

Here was my reasoning: with two points per reception, TE's have in-ordinately big weeks. Let's take the duo of the #1 and the #7 TE: Dallas Clark paired with Visanthe Schiancoe. My observation leads me to believe that quality OFF players exceed their weekly average in 9 out of 16 weeks. It's a rare and consistent player that exceeds their weekly average for more than ten weeks in any given year.

Using this reasoning, and realizing that Clark is real likely a sit candidate for the two last weeks, I drafted Schianco as the #17 TE, believing him to be clser ranked to the #7 TE.

Now, if both players have nine quality weeks and some of those weeks off-set each other, the theory of Standard Deviation From The Mean comes into play with two top ranked TE's, based on the analysis you've provided.

If you want to continue the dialogue, let's focus where the leagues's scoring benefit takes us.

What are the comparable figures for TE's? Specifically, what's the weekly average for the top TE's and how does the strategy of going two deep strong at TE come into play......stastically speaking of course?

:X

Here's what I found:

D/ST:

Average:

Standard Deviation:

Kicker:

Average:

Standard Deviation:

Love that Standard Deviation discussion as my Doctorate Disseration is in "Stastical Analysis From A Lay-Man's Perspective" as issued by the School Of Hard Knocks.the discussion is most meaningful when it's applied to the high end of the deviation....which in this exercise is the TE position.

Example: in WSL-4 I doubled up with what I intuitively believed to be the best advantage available at the dice table: the Standard Deviation as it applies to a strong TE position.

Here was my reasoning: with two points per reception, TE's have in-ordinately big weeks. Let's take the duo of the #1 and the #7 TE: [uDallas Clark paired with Visanthe Schiancoe. My observation leads me to believe that quality OFF players exceed their weekly average in 9 out of 16 weeks. It's a rare and consistent player that exceeds their weekly average for more than ten weeks in any given year.

Using this reasoning, and realizing that Clark is real likely a sit candidate for the two last weeks, I drafted Schianco as the #17 TE, believing him to be clser ranked to the #7 TE.

Now, if both players have nine quality weeks and some of those weeks off-set each other, the theory of Standard Deviation From The Mean comes into play with two top ranked TE's, based on the analysis you've provided.

If you want to continue the dialogue, let's focus where the leagues's scoring benefit takes us.

What are the comparable figures for TE's? Specifically, what's the weekly average for the top TE's and how does the strategy of going two deep strong at TE come into play......stastically speaking of course?

:shrug:

Here's what I can provide:For 2009 PDSLs, 43 different TEs were selected. That's too many to review, so let's confine it to the ones that were taken in all four leagues - that's 29 TEs.

Average: 10.71

StdDev:9.89

HTH

Here's what I found:

D/ST:

Average:

Standard Deviation:

Kicker:

Average:

Standard Deviation:

Love that Standard Deviation discussion as my Doctorate Disseration is in "Stastical Analysis From A Lay-Man's Perspective" as issued by the School Of Hard Knocks.the discussion is most meaningful when it's applied to the high end of the deviation....which in this exercise is the TE position.

Example: in WSL-4 I doubled up with what I intuitively believed to be the best advantage available at the dice table: the Standard Deviation as it applies to a strong TE position.

Here was my reasoning: with two points per reception, TE's have in-ordinately big weeks. Let's take the duo of the #1 and the #7 TE: [uDallas Clark paired with Visanthe Schiancoe. My observation leads me to believe that quality OFF players exceed their weekly average in 9 out of 16 weeks. It's a rare and consistent player that exceeds their weekly average for more than ten weeks in any given year.

:blackdot:

Here's what I can provide:For 2009 PDSLs, 43 different TEs were selected. That's too many to review, so let's confine it to the ones that were taken in all four leagues - that's 29 TEs.

HTH
Now we are getting somewhere as The Mean Value indicates that half the time the figures are above the mean figure and half the time they are below that figure.The mean deviation is a little more sketchy as to it's derivation/meaning so I'll google it: "definition of mean deviation": is the measure of variation of scores in a distribution from the mean."

So, the mean is different from the average. When you supply the mean figure (as apposed to the average) it translates to the figure for 29 TE's. What this indicates is that the mean figure for 29 TE's is the same as the average score for the #15 TE....if half are above the figure and half are below the figure that's the same as the average for the #15 TE is equal to 10.71 points/week.

Then, the deviation from that figure is (+/-) 9.89....which all this implies that the #1 TE AVERAGES about 20.60 points/week and the #7 TE averages about half way between the #1 TE and the #15 TE or about 10.71 points/wk plus 1/2 of 9.89 points/wk or about 15.55 points/week.

Now, you can argue as to how many times the #1 TE prevails and how many times the lesser reanked TE prevails during the 16 week season....but, it's pretty evident to me that Scoring by TE's is a key to this competition.

Bye the way:

What are the figures for QB's, WR's and RB's.....as long as I've got your interest?

Here's what I found:

D/ST:

Average:

Standard Deviation:

Kicker:

Average:

Standard Deviation:

:goodposting:

HTH
Now we are getting somewhere as The Mean Value indicates that half the time the figures are above the mean figure and half the time they are below that figure.The mean deviation is a little more sketchy as to it's derivation/meaning so I'll google it: "definition of mean deviation": is the measure of variation of scores in a distribution from the mean."

So, the mean is different from the average. When you supply the mean figure (as apposed to the average) it translates to the figure for 29 TE's. What this indicates is that the mean figure for 29 TE's is the same as the average score for the #15 TE....if half are above the figure and half are below the figure that's the same as the average for the #15 TE is equal to 10.71 points/week.

Then, the deviation from that figure is (+/-) 9.89....which all this implies that the #1 TE AVERAGES about 20.60 points/week and the #7 TE averages about half way between the #1 TE and the #15 TE or about 10.71 points/wk plus 1/2 of 9.89 points/wk or about 15.55 points/week.

Now, you can argue as to how many times the #1 TE prevails and how many times the lesser reanked TE prevails during the 16 week season....but, it's pretty evident to me that Scoring by TE's is a key to this competition.

Bye the way:

What are the figures for QB's, WR's and RB's.....as long as I've got your interest?

I can do QB.Same approach - I took the QBs that were selected in all four drafts. 34QBs:

Average: 14.43

Std Dev: 12.95

RB and WR are much harder to do - I'd have to look at ADP and grab say the Top 48 RBs and 64 WRs - just not an easy sort with so many backups taken.

I see what you mean, it is an exaustive task with that many in the sample. Plus, half of 64 is 32....32 WR's above and below the median is a large spread.

I'd imagine that RB's are 13.00 (+/-) 13.00 and that the WR's are about the same..... maybe with the first figure being lower and the spread lower for WR's......just a guess there. That would leave the top RB/WR's scoring 25-26 points/week. and the top TE's scoring 20-21 points/week. The fall off to the center line (the median) is more pronounced with more players in the sample.

:confused:

I've participated in several SLs to date, but I feel like I'm finally starting to get comfortable with the format. I've never had a great deal of success in any of the SLs (don't believe I've ever had a top three finish), but as many have already mentioned, the true value in these drafts isn't a win.

First of all, if you have 16 (really 64 considering there are four WSLs) FFers drafting in freaking January and February you know you're getting the hardest of the core. The competition level is as elite as they come. Then there is the commentary. Not only do we have excellent MBers with dynamite analysis and contributions, but we're also privy to the opinions of proven FBG staffers like Rudnicki, Pasquino, and Bloom. The pace of these drafts---the slow burn of strategy and tinkering; the hands off management (draft and done); the competition level---these SLs are definitely some of my favorite activities of the FF year.

The Draft

Drawing the 1.07 was a gift---I absolutely love attempting to scoop value that falls of the turns. The middle of the draft is the place to do it, where you don't have to struggle through the long valleys without any picks. Its harder to get a heads up on positional runs, but you're also rarely left in the dark.

BPA was my basic strategy in the first few rounds. This slowly turned into a focus on acquiring a deep WR core. Obviously you need a strong team with some bye-week and injury-related breaks to make it far in the WSLs, but I've fully moved to the belief that the WR position is the most make-or-break part of a squad.

1.07 - Steven Jackson, RB6, St. Louis Rams - Of the tier 2 RBs (Gore/Jackson/Turner/Mendenhall/Willams/Stewart), Jackson is my favorite. I'm biased as I've owned the guy in my keeper league for the last four years. His situation holds him back, but his talent, drive and determination are unparalleled. What he did on the pathetic Rams last year was truly a marvel. I'm slightly concerned about his apparent chronic back/disc pain, but if Blooms isn't worried about it (thanks Audible!) I'll try not to worry about it. Love SJax as my foundation.

2.10 - Calvin Johnson, WR10, Detroit Lions – This makes two years in a row I've taken Megatron in the second round of WSL 2. At WR10, this seems like value. I think we saw Calvin's floor last year, and I think the consensus on his upside is top three. At this point in the draft I'm laughing at my own blinders, though---Calvin and SJax are the core of my main keeper league as well.

3.07 - Tony Gonzalez, TE5, Atlanta Falcons – Looking back at 2009's WSL 2 draft, it appears that I'm making a pattern of RB/WR/TE starts. Maybe thats a good thing? Tony doesn't have much upside at this pick, but he's the last of the top tier TE1s that I like and there's no way he would've made it back to me at 4.10. With a top TE secured, I'll be able to slough TE2 unless I see some value drop in my lap.

4.10 - Fred Jackson, RB22, Buffalo Bills – Was hoping Roethlisberger would fall to me here. Once he was gone I knew I wouldn't be going QB. I liked what Fred Jackson did in the poor Buffalo offense (especially considering how drastically he outperformed "more talented" Marshawn Lynch). I could easily see him becoming a bell cow in Chan Gailey's offense. The futher away I get from this pick, the more I like it.

5.07 - Kyle Orton, QB13, Denver Broncos – Yes, this was a homer pick (and I admitted as much), but with QBs continuing to fly off the board, was it so bad? Despite the McNabb rumors, I believe McDaniels will stick with Orton for at least one more year (perhaps out of necessity). Going into his second year in a notoriously hard to grasp offensive system (which he looked more than competent in at times last year), I think Orton will easily finish as QB13 or above. If the Broncos draft Bradford or Clausen :goodposting: , well then I'm likely due for a November/December exit in this thing. With a weak QB1 I'm going to be looking for one of the top end QB2s relatively soon.

6.10 - Derrick Mason, WR32, Baltimore Ravens – Maybe I'm higher on the guy the most, but I was shocked that Mason made it to me, especially with the news breaking that he likely is going to return as Baltimore's defacto #1 WR. Maybe the Marshall/Boldin trade talk has folks a little scared? At WR32 this seems like a steal to me.

7.07 - Austin Collie, WR38, Indianapolis Colts – The Colts four receivers went 01.09, 05.16, 07.07 and 07.12. I'm thinking at least two of us won't be pleased with the results. I actually like Collie a great deal better than Garcon, especially after Garcon's ill-timed Super Bowl drop and Peyton's subsequent perceived loss of confidence in him (thanks again Bloom/Audible!). Actually, this Peter King article is what really has me high on Collie. That said, I'm not sure he is a worthy WR3.

8.10 - Matthew Stafford, QB20, Detroit Lions – Last of the QB2s I wanted, plus I need a high upside guy to balance out Orton. Love this kid's toughness and the possibly synergy with Megatron. Hopefully Detroit and Denver don't have the same bye week.

9.07 - Chaz Schilens, WR53, Oakland Raiders – The most hyped sleeper of 2009 didn't see the field nearly enough to earn his preseason praise, but he's still the de facto #1 WR in Oakland in 2010. Can he stay healthly? Will the Oakland situation improve? The answers are murky, but I love his upside as my WR4.

10.10 - Chester Taylor, RB46, UFA – As the clear-cut top UFA RB this offseason, I love Taylor's chances. As RB46, I drafted him below his floor and he has tremendous upside. My trio of RBs allows me to explore other parts of my roster for the next eight rounds.

11.07 - Todd Heap, TE19, Baltimore Ravens – I'm not counting on him to play a full season, but with Gonzo on board as TE1 I don't need to. One of the better second TEs on any squad.

12.10 - San Francisco 49ers, DST6 – I'm looking for the Niners to improve on their 2009 performance, which included nine top 16 weeks, five of which were top five performances during the last eight weeks of the season. Trajectory---up.

13.07 - Nate Washington, WR77, Tennessee Titans – At this point of the draft I'm looking for occasional bursts of upside---consistency be damned. In 2009, Washington proved to be good for a few WR2 type starts with the rare WR1 upside possible. I imagine his numbers could be eaten into by Britt's growth, although I think he's still likely to have a one or two week scoring burst for team BusMan.

14.10 - Kansas City Chiefs, DST24 – Not all second DSTs are created equal. KC finished first one week and second in another, averaging a 14.1 positional rank over the season---good for 10th highest average (tied with Arizona). They're young, too, so there is room for optimism. That said, they could just as easily stumble. As DST24, worth the risk.

15.07 - Nate Keading, PK4, San Diego Chargers – Kicker time! Kaeding had a rough ending to 2009, but he's too good to pass up as a legit PK1.

16.10 - Jay Feely, PK15, UFA – Wanted a second kicker with a secure job---so much for that! Hopefully Feely finds a home soon (and perhaps it'll be his old one in New York).

17.07 - Kevin Ogletree, WR87, Dallas Cowboys - I'm definitely drinking the Ogletree Kool-Aid. As an UVA alum (and ex-season ticket holder) Ogletree was one of the few offensive bright spots for the Wahoos two years ago. When he left school early I was dissapointed and certain he was making a poor decision. I thought he graded out as a 3rd rounder the middle of his junior year, but he ended up going undrafted. The kid has skills, and only has Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton to pass for a starting spot. The staff/FO in Dallas seems to be in love with him. Ogs just might be the key to a late season burst for team BusMan (if I'm around that long).

18.10 - Jason Avant, WR94, Philadelphia Eagles – I had Avant on my list for quite a few rounds, and he ended up being the last WR on my list still available here. If last year was any indication, he'll far exceed his draft spot (two top tens performances plus an additional three weeks of WR2 production). I don't see the QB situation determining his upside---Philly has been high on Avant for a while.

19.07 - Maurice Morris, RB71, Detroit Lions – Time for some RB flyers. Probably my least decisive pick of the draft. Didn't really love anyone here so I took a guy that might get some quality starts in the early part of the year. Could help cover my RB corps in case Lynch somehow sticks in Buffalo and gets the opening day nod. Or SJax's back flares up. Or Chester re-signs with Minnesota. Likely won't be producing the entire year, though, as Detroit might bring in some outside help (did somebody say Chester Taylor?) or draft a back or two. Guess they could forget they don't like Kevin Smith, too.

20.10 - Montario Hardesty, RB80, Rookie – This rookie comes with the Bloom-wanted-him seal of approval. Dig that. I'll be paying attention to Draft Saturday to see where he lands (or maybe Draft Friday?).

QBs could be my undoing. I thought long and hard about Pennington or Bradford as a QB3, but ultimately decided I should get some RB depth and roll with what I think are two solid 16-game starters this year.

My RBs are solid---nothing explosive but likely average or above.

Love the upside of the WR corps.

TEs are definitely above average as a combo.

DEFs and PKs are suitable.

I'm not as optimistic as Bloom's write up (thank you, sir) indicates I should be, but for now, I like this team. A lot.

I'll have more later...

polish edited

Busman, I still remember drafting vs. you in a MB vs staff a few years ago - I personally think you've only gotten better (and you were pretty solid to start) - I hope you have noticed the same improvements.

Doing MBSL / PDSL / SSL are HUGE advantages to those of us heading into redrafts. Not only do we have ADP info, but we have a feel for the risers and fallers and we know virtually anyone and everyone who's to be drafted.

Busman, I also like your team. Nice job.

..........if you have 16 (really 64 considering there are four WSLs) FFers drafting in freaking January and February you know you're getting the hardest of the core. The competition level is as elite as they come. Then there is the commentary. Not only do we have excellent MBers with dynamite analysis and contributions, but we're also privy to the opinions of proven FBG staffers like Rudnicki, Pasquino, and Bloom. The pace of these drafts---the slow burn of strategy and tinkering; the hands off management (draft and done); the competition level---these SLs are definitely some of my favorite activities of the FF year.
BusMan, I've got to agree with you about the competition level and the solid analysis & commentary. It is second to none around these boards. These drafts are also some of my favorites every year and I always look forward to each and every one of them.
Doing MBSL / PDSL / SSL are HUGE advantages to those of us heading into redrafts. Not only do we have ADP info, but we have a feel for the risers and fallers and we know virtually anyone and everyone who's to be drafted.
I have been doing these MB survivors going into my fifth year now and I have only gotten better as a fantasy player due in huge part to my continued participation. I personally am honored to draft each year with the quality of posters and participants that is offered by these survivor drafts.Also, having drafted with you both, I can surely say I love the challenge of drafting against such excellent competition! That statement really applies to all of the MB survivor participants from WSL's right on through the MBSL's.

..........if you have 16 (really 64 considering there are four WSLs) FFers drafting in freaking January and February you know you're getting the hardest of the core. The competition level is as elite as they come. Then there is the commentary. Not only do we have excellent MBers with dynamite analysis and contributions, but we're also privy to the opinions of proven FBG staffers like Rudnicki, Pasquino, and Bloom. The pace of these drafts---the slow burn of strategy and tinkering; the hands off management (draft and done); the competition level---these SLs are definitely some of my favorite activities of the FF year.
BusMan, I've got to agree with you about the competition level and the solid analysis & commentary. It is second to none around these boards. These drafts are also some of my favorites every year and I always look forward to each and every one of them.
I have been doing these MB survivors going into my fifth year now and I have only gotten better as a fantasy player due in huge part to my continued participation. I personally am honored to draft each year with the quality of posters and participants that is offered by these survivor drafts.Also, having drafted with you both, I can surely say I love the challenge of drafting against such excellent competition! That statement really applies to all of the MB survivor participants from WSL's right on through the MBSL's.
:thumbup: What he said!

Busman, I still remember drafting vs. you in a MB vs staff a few years ago - I personally think you've only gotten better (and you were pretty solid to start) - I hope you have noticed the same improvements.Doing MBSL / PDSL / SSL are HUGE advantages to those of us heading into redrafts. Not only do we have ADP info, but we have a feel for the risers and fallers and we know virtually anyone and everyone who's to be drafted.Busman, I also like your team. Nice job.
:thumbdown: These drafts have taking my FF game to a whole different level

YLIU

2.03 - Peyton Manning - QB3 - Ind

10.03 - Michael Vick - QB28 - PHI

1.14 - DeAngelo Williams - RB10 - Car

3.14 - Shonn Greene - RB16 - NYJ

6.03- Ronnie Brown - RB26 - Mia

19.14 - Fred Taylor - RB74 - NE

20.03 - Kahlil Bell - RB76 - CHI

4.03 - Mike Sims Walker - WR19 - Jax

7.14 - Julian Edelman - WR40 - NE

9.14 - Eddie Royal - WR56 - DEN

11.14 - Louis Murphy - WR70 - OAK

12.03 - Lance Moore - WR73 - NO

15.14 - Matt Jones - WR84 - CIN

18.03 - Sammie Stroughter - WR92 - TB

5.14 - Kellen Winslow II - TE10 - TB

8.03 - Jeremy Shockey - TE16 - NO

13.14 - Garrett Hartley - PK2 - NO

17.14 - Connor Barth - PK28 - TB

14.03 - MIA - DST19

16.03 - TB- DST29
Cant argue with Peyton at 2.03, but maybe a better backup would have been a smart pick, one of my teams petered out this year even though I made the final three because of the Colts late season philosophy. Either that, or just hope for the Titans or Texans/other div leaders to keep it close use the pick elsewhere, because Peyton is so durable and consistent. DeAngelo is a fine pick at 1.14 and will seem like value by the time the season is here. Greene is a bit of a risky pick just because TJ could stay and LWash should return. Brown is a nice upside pick to soothe the pain, but if Brown is slow to come back from foot surgery and TJ comes back to NYJ, this team could be a one back unit to start the season. Would have liked to another RB pick before the 19th to prepare for that possibility.

The WR corps worries me, because if Welker can come back for week 1, and Marshall stays in Denver, I'm not really sure where the production will come from early, and combining that with the possible RB issues early could be a recipe for an early exit. I did love the late Stroughter pick, and Lance Moore could also be a massive steal if NO lets Reggie Bush go.

Winslow was a steal in the late 5th, but I thought Shockey was unnecessary and that 8th should been used at QB or WR. Shockey is getting older and more fragile - other than a two TD game to open against Detroit, he was barely looked at in the red zone, and he's not explosive anymore. I think KW is good enough that a strong backup is not needed

Would have preferred one kicker with such a good #1 in Hartley, like that the D combo was cheap and TB really came on in the second half of the season, was hoping I could snag them as a my DST2.

If guys like Greene, Brown, Royal, and Moore can stay healthy and play at their top level, this team could go deep, but only in that scenario.
I think with the news of TJs release and the realistic time table now out on Welker this team looks alot better now.

YLIU

14.03 - MIA - DST19

16.03 - TB- DST29
Cant argue with Peyton at 2.03, but maybe a better backup would have been a smart pick, one of my teams petered out this year even though I made the final three because of the Colts late season philosophy. Either that, or just hope for the Titans or Texans/other div leaders to keep it close use the pick elsewhere, because Peyton is so durable and consistent. DeAngelo is a fine pick at 1.14 and will seem like value by the time the season is here. Greene is a bit of a risky pick just because TJ could stay and LWash should return. Brown is a nice upside pick to soothe the pain, but if Brown is slow to come back from foot surgery and TJ comes back to NYJ, this team could be a one back unit to start the season. Would have liked to another RB pick before the 19th to prepare for that possibility.

The WR corps worries me, because if Welker can come back for week 1, and Marshall stays in Denver, I'm not really sure where the production will come from early, and combining that with the possible RB issues early could be a recipe for an early exit. I did love the late Stroughter pick, and Lance Moore could also be a massive steal if NO lets Reggie Bush go.

Winslow was a steal in the late 5th, but I thought Shockey was unnecessary and that 8th should been used at QB or WR. Shockey is getting older and more fragile - other than a two TD game to open against Detroit, he was barely looked at in the red zone, and he's not explosive anymore. I think KW is good enough that a strong backup is not needed

Would have preferred one kicker with such a good #1 in Hartley, like that the D combo was cheap and TB really came on in the second half of the season, was hoping I could snag them as a my DST2.

If guys like Greene, Brown, Royal, and Moore can stay healthy and play at their top level, this team could go deep, but only in that scenario.
I think with the news of TJs release and the realistic time table now out on Welker this team looks alot better now.
Mos def, and Marshall trade could put you over the top, you much more foresight than I gave you credit for :confused:

I promised Jeff P. I'd get to the board and check in. First let me say sorry that I disappeared from the draft but I ended up in the ER and admitted with post-surgical problems(Nov.) from a Thorocotomy(chest surgery) and a long Myotomy(Esophageal Reconstruction). In plain words they filleted me like a side of beef and it's been difficult recovering from it. I haven't worked in over a year and may be some time before returning but I'm getting pretty close to retirement age so I may just take an extended vacation until then :goodposting: I hope it didn't create to much of a problem but it looks like you guys carried right along without me and I'm glad for that. I really loved getting involved in these survivor drafts mainly because of the people involved in them.

I have been doing FF for over 20 years now and I must say without reservation that you guys that participate in Survivor drafts are the cream of the crop. No other football site can hold a candle to you guys. This is the best collective community of guys and gals in fantasy football on the internet. I know, I've been to just about everywhere online that there is concerning FF. Football is a very big part of my life and being here at FBG's has enriched that immensely along with the fellowship of others like me that I've found here . I share a common bond with all of you, even if I don't know you personally, and I am very grateful for that. I'm not trying to be sappy but what I've gained from all of you since coming to FBG's is immeasureable. While I continue to battle with health issues coming here has certainly helped me cope with those issues a lot better. As long as I'm able to click onto the site I'll be able to deal with what life throws at me.

I want to shout out a very heartfelt THANK YOU to TOADS for stepping up to the plate in my absence. He has been privy to alot of what I've been dealing with and his friendship means very much to me. It's guys like Toads here that make this board the first place I check into when getting online and the whole community of guys here is a part of my life I wouldn't trade for the world. I want to thank all of you for some of the greatest days and moments I've had in my life recently and I'm so very glad to have been able to be a part of sharing a hobby I cherish with you. Given the uncertainty of what my health's gonna do I'm not going to venture into any more drafts for the time being but I'll be checkin' in frequently to get the best fantasy football knowledge and insight that all of you share. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say how sorry I am for missing out on the rest of WSL2 but you can bet ole GoBW ain't done yet. I still gotta a lot of FF in me to enjoy and THIS is where I come to enjoy it. Now, if my sorry-### 49ers start winning some ball games I'll be a happy man. Thanks guys for letting me share this with you and I'm getting pumped up for the upcoming 2010 fantasy season and because of FBG's it's gonna be another winning season for me in all my leagues, of which I won 5 leagues titles last year with the help from all of you here. I hope the 2010 season holds good things for all of you as well and as long as we can continue to pick each other's brains we'll all be successful.

Ghost of Bill Walsh said:
I promised Jeff P. I'd get to the board and check in. First let me say sorry that I disappeared from the draft but I ended up in the ER and admitted with post-surgical problems(Nov.) from a Thorocotomy(chest surgery) and a long Myotomy(Esophageal Reconstruction). In plain words they filleted me like a side of beef and it's been difficult recovering from it. I haven't worked in over a year and may be some time before returning but I'm getting pretty close to retirement age so I may just take an extended vacation until then :) I hope it didn't create to much of a problem but it looks like you guys carried right along without me and I'm glad for that. I really loved getting involved in these survivor drafts mainly because of the people involved in them.I have been doing FF for over 20 years now and I must say without reservation that you guys that participate in Survivor drafts are the cream of the crop. No other football site can hold a candle to you guys. This is the best collective community of guys and gals in fantasy football on the internet. I know, I've been to just about everywhere online that there is concerning FF. Football is a very big part of my life and being here at FBG's has enriched that immensely along with the fellowship of others like me that I've found here . I share a common bond with all of you, even if I don't know you personally, and I am very grateful for that. I'm not trying to be sappy but what I've gained from all of you since coming to FBG's is immeasureable. While I continue to battle with health issues coming here has certainly helped me cope with those issues a lot better. As long as I'm able to click onto the site I'll be able to deal with what life throws at me.I want to shout out a very heartfelt THANK YOU to TOADS for stepping up to the plate in my absence. He has been privy to alot of what I've been dealing with and his friendship means very much to me. It's guys like Toads here that make this board the first place I check into when getting online and the whole community of guys here is a part of my life I wouldn't trade for the world. I want to thank all of you for some of the greatest days and moments I've had in my life recently and I'm so very glad to have been able to be a part of sharing a hobby I cherish with you. Given the uncertainty of what my health's gonna do I'm not going to venture into any more drafts for the time being but I'll be checkin' in frequently to get the best fantasy football knowledge and insight that all of you share. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say how sorry I am for missing out on the rest of WSL2 but you can bet ole GoBW ain't done yet. I still gotta a lot of FF in me to enjoy and THIS is where I come to enjoy it. Now, if my sorry-### 49ers start winning some ball games I'll be a happy man. Thanks guys for letting me share this with you and I'm getting pumped up for the upcoming 2010 fantasy season and because of FBG's it's gonna be another winning season for me in all my leagues, of which I won 5 leagues titles last year with the help from all of you here. I hope the 2010 season holds good things for all of you as well and as long as we can continue to pick each other's brains we'll all be successful.
Good to hear you are ok, as we were all worried. I don't really know you but from what I've seen and read, you're good people. I don't visit and post here as much as I used to but it's guys like you that make this site enjoyable. I wish you a good, healthy and speedy recovery. Don't be a ghost...

I promised Jeff P. I'd get to the board and check in. First let me say sorry that I disappeared from the draft but I ended up in the ER and admitted with post-surgical problems(Nov.) from a Thorocotomy(chest surgery) and a long Myotomy(Esophageal Reconstruction). In plain words they filleted me like a side of beef and it's been difficult recovering from it. I haven't worked in over a year and may be some time before returning but I'm getting pretty close to retirement age so I may just take an extended vacation until then :) I hope it didn't create to much of a problem but it looks like you guys carried right along without me and I'm glad for that. I really loved getting involved in these survivor drafts mainly because of the people involved in them.I have been doing FF for over 20 years now and I must say without reservation that you guys that participate in Survivor drafts are the cream of the crop. No other football site can hold a candle to you guys. This is the best collective community of guys and gals in fantasy football on the internet. I know, I've been to just about everywhere online that there is concerning FF. Football is a very big part of my life and being here at FBG's has enriched that immensely along with the fellowship of others like me that I've found here . I share a common bond with all of you, even if I don't know you personally, and I am very grateful for that. I'm not trying to be sappy but what I've gained from all of you since coming to FBG's is immeasureable. While I continue to battle with health issues coming here has certainly helped me cope with those issues a lot better. As long as I'm able to click onto the site I'll be able to deal with what life throws at me.I want to shout out a very heartfelt THANK YOU to TOADS for stepping up to the plate in my absence. He has been privy to alot of what I've been dealing with and his friendship means very much to me. It's guys like Toads here that make this board the first place I check into when getting online and the whole community of guys here is a part of my life I wouldn't trade for the world. I want to thank all of you for some of the greatest days and moments I've had in my life recently and I'm so very glad to have been able to be a part of sharing a hobby I cherish with you. Given the uncertainty of what my health's gonna do I'm not going to venture into any more drafts for the time being but I'll be checkin' in frequently to get the best fantasy football knowledge and insight that all of you share. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say how sorry I am for missing out on the rest of WSL2 but you can bet ole GoBW ain't done yet. I still gotta a lot of FF in me to enjoy and THIS is where I come to enjoy it. Now, if my sorry-### 49ers start winning some ball games I'll be a happy man. Thanks guys for letting me share this with you and I'm getting pumped up for the upcoming 2010 fantasy season and because of FBG's it's gonna be another winning season for me in all my leagues, of which I won 5 leagues titles last year with the help from all of you here. I hope the 2010 season holds good things for all of you as well and as long as we can continue to pick each other's brains we'll all be successful.
;) :) :excited:give em hell, GoBW, your sincere sentiments are the kind of stuff life is all about!

I promised Jeff P. I'd get to the board and check in. First let me say sorry that I disappeared from the draft but I ended up in the ER and admitted with post-surgical problems(Nov.) from a Thorocotomy(chest surgery) and a long Myotomy(Esophageal Reconstruction). In plain words they filleted me like a side of beef and it's been difficult recovering from it. I haven't worked in over a year and may be some time before returning but I'm getting pretty close to retirement age so I may just take an extended vacation until then ;) I hope it didn't create to much of a problem but it looks like you guys carried right along without me and I'm glad for that. I really loved getting involved in these survivor drafts mainly because of the people involved in them.I have been doing FF for over 20 years now and I must say without reservation that you guys that participate in Survivor drafts are the cream of the crop. No other football site can hold a candle to you guys. This is the best collective community of guys and gals in fantasy football on the internet. I know, I've been to just about everywhere online that there is concerning FF. Football is a very big part of my life and being here at FBG's has enriched that immensely along with the fellowship of others like me that I've found here . I share a common bond with all of you, even if I don't know you personally, and I am very grateful for that. I'm not trying to be sappy but what I've gained from all of you since coming to FBG's is immeasureable. While I continue to battle with health issues coming here has certainly helped me cope with those issues a lot better. As long as I'm able to click onto the site I'll be able to deal with what life throws at me.I want to shout out a very heartfelt THANK YOU to TOADS for stepping up to the plate in my absence. He has been privy to alot of what I've been dealing with and his friendship means very much to me. It's guys like Toads here that make this board the first place I check into when getting online and the whole community of guys here is a part of my life I wouldn't trade for the world. I want to thank all of you for some of the greatest days and moments I've had in my life recently and I'm so very glad to have been able to be a part of sharing a hobby I cherish with you. Given the uncertainty of what my health's gonna do I'm not going to venture into any more drafts for the time being but I'll be checkin' in frequently to get the best fantasy football knowledge and insight that all of you share. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say how sorry I am for missing out on the rest of WSL2 but you can bet ole GoBW ain't done yet. I still gotta a lot of FF in me to enjoy and THIS is where I come to enjoy it. Now, if my sorry-### 49ers start winning some ball games I'll be a happy man. Thanks guys for letting me share this with you and I'm getting pumped up for the upcoming 2010 fantasy season and because of FBG's it's gonna be another winning season for me in all my leagues, of which I won 5 leagues titles last year with the help from all of you here. I hope the 2010 season holds good things for all of you as well and as long as we can continue to pick each other's brains we'll all be successful.
:kicksrock: doesn't even begin to express it enough. Welcome back GoBW, and stay a long, long while.

I promised Jeff P. I'd get to the board and check in. First let me say sorry that I disappeared from the draft but I ended up in the ER and admitted with post-surgical problems(Nov.) from a Thorocotomy(chest surgery) and a long Myotomy(Esophageal Reconstruction). In plain words they filleted me like a side of beef and it's been difficult recovering from it. I haven't worked in over a year and may be some time before returning but I'm getting pretty close to retirement age so I may just take an extended vacation until then :rolleyes: I hope it didn't create to much of a problem but it looks like you guys carried right along without me and I'm glad for that. I really loved getting involved in these survivor drafts mainly because of the people involved in them.

I have been doing FF for over 20 years now and I must say without reservation that you guys that participate in Survivor drafts are the cream of the crop. No other football site can hold a candle to you guys. This is the best collective community of guys and gals in fantasy football on the internet. I know, I've been to just about everywhere online that there is concerning FF. Football is a very big part of my life and being here at FBG's has enriched that immensely along with the fellowship of others like me that I've found here . I share a common bond with all of you, even if I don't know you personally, and I am very grateful for that. I'm not trying to be sappy but what I've gained from all of you since coming to FBG's is immeasureable. While I continue to battle with health issues coming here has certainly helped me cope with those issues a lot better. As long as I'm able to click onto the site I'll be able to deal with what life throws at me.

I want to shout out a very heartfelt THANK YOU to TOADS for stepping up to the plate in my absence. He has been privy to alot of what I've been dealing with and his friendship means very much to me. It's guys like Toads here that make this board the first place I check into when getting online and the whole community of guys here is a part of my life I wouldn't trade for the world. I want to thank all of you for some of the greatest days and moments I've had in my life recently and I'm so very glad to have been able to be a part of sharing a hobby I cherish with you. Given the uncertainty of what my health's gonna do I'm not going to venture into any more drafts for the time being but I'll be checkin' in frequently to get the best fantasy football knowledge and insight that all of you share. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say how sorry I am for missing out on the rest of WSL2 but you can bet ole GoBW ain't done yet. I still gotta a lot of FF in me to enjoy and THIS is where I come to enjoy it. Now, if my sorry-### 49ers start winning some ball games I'll be a happy man. Thanks guys for letting me share this with you and I'm getting pumped up for the upcoming 2010 fantasy season and because of FBG's it's gonna be another winning season for me in all my leagues, of which I won 5 leagues titles last year with the help from all of you here. I hope the 2010 season holds good things for all of you as well and as long as we can continue to pick each other's brains we'll all be successful.
Not so fast. You don't get off that easy dude. PDSL signups start in 2 weeks.Glad to see you back posting. Stay strong. The fill in thing was no problem so when weighing out when you're going to jump back in, please error on the side of having fun.

I promised Jeff P. I'd get to the board and check in. First let me say sorry that I disappeared from the draft but I ended up in the ER and admitted with post-surgical problems(Nov.) from a Thorocotomy(chest surgery) and a long Myotomy(Esophageal Reconstruction). In plain words they filleted me like a side of beef and it's been difficult recovering from it. I haven't worked in over a year and may be some time before returning but I'm getting pretty close to retirement age so I may just take an extended vacation until then :nerd: I hope it didn't create to much of a problem but it looks like you guys carried right along without me and I'm glad for that. I really loved getting involved in these survivor drafts mainly because of the people involved in them.I have been doing FF for over 20 years now and I must say without reservation that you guys that participate in Survivor drafts are the cream of the crop. No other football site can hold a candle to you guys. This is the best collective community of guys and gals in fantasy football on the internet. I know, I've been to just about everywhere online that there is concerning FF. Football is a very big part of my life and being here at FBG's has enriched that immensely along with the fellowship of others like me that I've found here . I share a common bond with all of you, even if I don't know you personally, and I am very grateful for that. I'm not trying to be sappy but what I've gained from all of you since coming to FBG's is immeasureable. While I continue to battle with health issues coming here has certainly helped me cope with those issues a lot better. As long as I'm able to click onto the site I'll be able to deal with what life throws at me.I want to shout out a very heartfelt THANK YOU to TOADS for stepping up to the plate in my absence. He has been privy to alot of what I've been dealing with and his friendship means very much to me. It's guys like Toads here that make this board the first place I check into when getting online and the whole community of guys here is a part of my life I wouldn't trade for the world. I want to thank all of you for some of the greatest days and moments I've had in my life recently and I'm so very glad to have been able to be a part of sharing a hobby I cherish with you. Given the uncertainty of what my health's gonna do I'm not going to venture into any more drafts for the time being but I'll be checkin' in frequently to get the best fantasy football knowledge and insight that all of you share. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say how sorry I am for missing out on the rest of WSL2 but you can bet ole GoBW ain't done yet. I still gotta a lot of FF in me to enjoy and THIS is where I come to enjoy it. Now, if my sorry-### 49ers start winning some ball games I'll be a happy man. Thanks guys for letting me share this with you and I'm getting pumped up for the upcoming 2010 fantasy season and because of FBG's it's gonna be another winning season for me in all my leagues, of which I won 5 leagues titles last year with the help from all of you here. I hope the 2010 season holds good things for all of you as well and as long as we can continue to pick each other's brains we'll all be successful.
Glad to hear your doing better now, hopefully see you in more drafts this year. :blackdot:

I promised Jeff P. I'd get to the board and check in. First let me say sorry that I disappeared from the draft but I ended up in the ER and admitted with post-surgical problems(Nov.) from a Thorocotomy(chest surgery) and a long Myotomy(Esophageal Reconstruction). In plain words they filleted me like a side of beef and it's been difficult recovering from it. I haven't worked in over a year and may be some time before returning but I'm getting pretty close to retirement age so I may just take an extended vacation until then :wub: I hope it didn't create to much of a problem but it looks like you guys carried right along without me and I'm glad for that. I really loved getting involved in these survivor drafts mainly because of the people involved in them.I have been doing FF for over 20 years now and I must say without reservation that you guys that participate in Survivor drafts are the cream of the crop. No other football site can hold a candle to you guys. This is the best collective community of guys and gals in fantasy football on the internet. I know, I've been to just about everywhere online that there is concerning FF. Football is a very big part of my life and being here at FBG's has enriched that immensely along with the fellowship of others like me that I've found here . I share a common bond with all of you, even if I don't know you personally, and I am very grateful for that. I'm not trying to be sappy but what I've gained from all of you since coming to FBG's is immeasureable. While I continue to battle with health issues coming here has certainly helped me cope with those issues a lot better. As long as I'm able to click onto the site I'll be able to deal with what life throws at me.I want to shout out a very heartfelt THANK YOU to TOADS for stepping up to the plate in my absence. He has been privy to alot of what I've been dealing with and his friendship means very much to me. It's guys like Toads here that make this board the first place I check into when getting online and the whole community of guys here is a part of my life I wouldn't trade for the world. I want to thank all of you for some of the greatest days and moments I've had in my life recently and I'm so very glad to have been able to be a part of sharing a hobby I cherish with you. Given the uncertainty of what my health's gonna do I'm not going to venture into any more drafts for the time being but I'll be checkin' in frequently to get the best fantasy football knowledge and insight that all of you share. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say how sorry I am for missing out on the rest of WSL2 but you can bet ole GoBW ain't done yet. I still gotta a lot of FF in me to enjoy and THIS is where I come to enjoy it. Now, if my sorry-### 49ers start winning some ball games I'll be a happy man. Thanks guys for letting me share this with you and I'm getting pumped up for the upcoming 2010 fantasy season and because of FBG's it's gonna be another winning season for me in all my leagues, of which I won 5 leagues titles last year with the help from all of you here. I hope the 2010 season holds good things for all of you as well and as long as we can continue to pick each other's brains we'll all be successful.
if it is ok with the powers that be, I would like to share a PDSL team with GoBW ... if he agrees

Jeff Tefertiller said:
I promised Jeff P. I'd get to the board and check in. First let me say sorry that I disappeared from the draft but I ended up in the ER and admitted with post-surgical problems(Nov.) from a Thorocotomy(chest surgery) and a long Myotomy(Esophageal Reconstruction). In plain words they filleted me like a side of beef and it's been difficult recovering from it. I haven't worked in over a year and may be some time before returning but I'm getting pretty close to retirement age so I may just take an extended vacation until then :goodposting: I hope it didn't create to much of a problem but it looks like you guys carried right along without me and I'm glad for that. I really loved getting involved in these survivor drafts mainly because of the people involved in them.I have been doing FF for over 20 years now and I must say without reservation that you guys that participate in Survivor drafts are the cream of the crop. No other football site can hold a candle to you guys. This is the best collective community of guys and gals in fantasy football on the internet. I know, I've been to just about everywhere online that there is concerning FF. Football is a very big part of my life and being here at FBG's has enriched that immensely along with the fellowship of others like me that I've found here . I share a common bond with all of you, even if I don't know you personally, and I am very grateful for that. I'm not trying to be sappy but what I've gained from all of you since coming to FBG's is immeasureable. While I continue to battle with health issues coming here has certainly helped me cope with those issues a lot better. As long as I'm able to click onto the site I'll be able to deal with what life throws at me.I want to shout out a very heartfelt THANK YOU to TOADS for stepping up to the plate in my absence. He has been privy to alot of what I've been dealing with and his friendship means very much to me. It's guys like Toads here that make this board the first place I check into when getting online and the whole community of guys here is a part of my life I wouldn't trade for the world. I want to thank all of you for some of the greatest days and moments I've had in my life recently and I'm so very glad to have been able to be a part of sharing a hobby I cherish with you. Given the uncertainty of what my health's gonna do I'm not going to venture into any more drafts for the time being but I'll be checkin' in frequently to get the best fantasy football knowledge and insight that all of you share. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say how sorry I am for missing out on the rest of WSL2 but you can bet ole GoBW ain't done yet. I still gotta a lot of FF in me to enjoy and THIS is where I come to enjoy it. Now, if my sorry-### 49ers start winning some ball games I'll be a happy man. Thanks guys for letting me share this with you and I'm getting pumped up for the upcoming 2010 fantasy season and because of FBG's it's gonna be another winning season for me in all my leagues, of which I won 5 leagues titles last year with the help from all of you here. I hope the 2010 season holds good things for all of you as well and as long as we can continue to pick each other's brains we'll all be successful.
if it is ok with the powers that be, I would like to share a PDSL team with GoBW ... if he agrees
of course. One of your own and a shared team would be great. Signup thread will go up around mid month. Just note it there.

Jeff Tefertiller said:
I promised Jeff P. I'd get to the board and check in. First let me say sorry that I disappeared from the draft but I ended up in the ER and admitted with post-surgical problems(Nov.) from a Thorocotomy(chest surgery) and a long Myotomy(Esophageal Reconstruction). In plain words they filleted me like a side of beef and it's been difficult recovering from it. I haven't worked in over a year and may be some time before returning but I'm getting pretty close to retirement age so I may just take an extended vacation until then <_< I hope it didn't create to much of a problem but it looks like you guys carried right along without me and I'm glad for that. I really loved getting involved in these survivor drafts mainly because of the people involved in them.I have been doing FF for over 20 years now and I must say without reservation that you guys that participate in Survivor drafts are the cream of the crop. No other football site can hold a candle to you guys. This is the best collective community of guys and gals in fantasy football on the internet. I know, I've been to just about everywhere online that there is concerning FF. Football is a very big part of my life and being here at FBG's has enriched that immensely along with the fellowship of others like me that I've found here . I share a common bond with all of you, even if I don't know you personally, and I am very grateful for that. I'm not trying to be sappy but what I've gained from all of you since coming to FBG's is immeasureable. While I continue to battle with health issues coming here has certainly helped me cope with those issues a lot better. As long as I'm able to click onto the site I'll be able to deal with what life throws at me.I want to shout out a very heartfelt THANK YOU to TOADS for stepping up to the plate in my absence. He has been privy to alot of what I've been dealing with and his friendship means very much to me. It's guys like Toads here that make this board the first place I check into when getting online and the whole community of guys here is a part of my life I wouldn't trade for the world. I want to thank all of you for some of the greatest days and moments I've had in my life recently and I'm so very glad to have been able to be a part of sharing a hobby I cherish with you. Given the uncertainty of what my health's gonna do I'm not going to venture into any more drafts for the time being but I'll be checkin' in frequently to get the best fantasy football knowledge and insight that all of you share. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say how sorry I am for missing out on the rest of WSL2 but you can bet ole GoBW ain't done yet. I still gotta a lot of FF in me to enjoy and THIS is where I come to enjoy it. Now, if my sorry-### 49ers start winning some ball games I'll be a happy man. Thanks guys for letting me share this with you and I'm getting pumped up for the upcoming 2010 fantasy season and because of FBG's it's gonna be another winning season for me in all my leagues, of which I won 5 leagues titles last year with the help from all of you here. I hope the 2010 season holds good things for all of you as well and as long as we can continue to pick each other's brains we'll all be successful.
of course. One of your own and a shared team would be great. Signup thread will go up around mid month. Just note it there.
GoBW, let me know if ok with you

I promised Jeff P. I'd get to the board and check in. First let me say sorry that I disappeared from the draft but I ended up in the ER and admitted with post-surgical problems(Nov.) from a Thorocotomy(chest surgery) and a long Myotomy(Esophageal Reconstruction). In plain words they filleted me like a side of beef and it's been difficult recovering from it. I haven't worked in over a year and may be some time before returning but I'm getting pretty close to retirement age so I may just take an extended vacation until then :thumbup: I hope it didn't create to much of a problem but it looks like you guys carried right along without me and I'm glad for that. I really loved getting involved in these survivor drafts mainly because of the people involved in them.I have been doing FF for over 20 years now and I must say without reservation that you guys that participate in Survivor drafts are the cream of the crop. No other football site can hold a candle to you guys. This is the best collective community of guys and gals in fantasy football on the internet. I know, I've been to just about everywhere online that there is concerning FF. Football is a very big part of my life and being here at FBG's has enriched that immensely along with the fellowship of others like me that I've found here . I share a common bond with all of you, even if I don't know you personally, and I am very grateful for that. I'm not trying to be sappy but what I've gained from all of you since coming to FBG's is immeasureable. While I continue to battle with health issues coming here has certainly helped me cope with those issues a lot better. As long as I'm able to click onto the site I'll be able to deal with what life throws at me.I want to shout out a very heartfelt THANK YOU to TOADS for stepping up to the plate in my absence. He has been privy to alot of what I've been dealing with and his friendship means very much to me. It's guys like Toads here that make this board the first place I check into when getting online and the whole community of guys here is a part of my life I wouldn't trade for the world. I want to thank all of you for some of the greatest days and moments I've had in my life recently and I'm so very glad to have been able to be a part of sharing a hobby I cherish with you. Given the uncertainty of what my health's gonna do I'm not going to venture into any more drafts for the time being but I'll be checkin' in frequently to get the best fantasy football knowledge and insight that all of you share. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say how sorry I am for missing out on the rest of WSL2 but you can bet ole GoBW ain't done yet. I still gotta a lot of FF in me to enjoy and THIS is where I come to enjoy it. Now, if my sorry-### 49ers start winning some ball games I'll be a happy man. Thanks guys for letting me share this with you and I'm getting pumped up for the upcoming 2010 fantasy season and because of FBG's it's gonna be another winning season for me in all my leagues, of which I won 5 leagues titles last year with the help from all of you here. I hope the 2010 season holds good things for all of you as well and as long as we can continue to pick each other's brains we'll all be successful.
WELCOME BACK!!! Glad you're doing a bit better.

6.10 - Derrick Mason, WR32, Baltimore Ravens Free Agent – Maybe I'm higher on the guy the most, but I was shocked that Mason made it to me, especially with the news breaking that he likely is going to return as Baltimore's defacto #1 WR. Maybe the Marshall/Boldin trade talk has folks a little scared? At WR32 this seems like a steal to me.
I still like Mason after the Boldin signing in Baltimore, but definitely less so. Could he look to sign with another team now (Miami or New England)?
10.10 - Chester Taylor, RB46, UFA Chicago Bears – As the clear-cut top UFA RB this offseason, I love Taylor's chances. As RB46, I drafted him below his floor and he has tremendous upside. My trio of RBs allows me to explore other parts of my roster for the next eight rounds.
Likewise, I still like Chester Taylor where I drafted him, but I could've envisioned many better situations for him than signing to a time share in Chicago.

6.10 - Derrick Mason, WR32, Baltimore Ravens Free Agent – Maybe I'm higher on the guy the most, but I was shocked that Mason made it to me, especially with the news breaking that he likely is going to return as Baltimore's defacto #1 WR. Maybe the Marshall/Boldin trade talk has folks a little scared? At WR32 this seems like a steal to me.
I still like Mason after the Boldin signing in Baltimore, but definitely less so. Could he look to sign with another team now (Miami or New England)?
10.10 - Chester Taylor, RB46, UFA Chicago Bears – As the clear-cut top UFA RB this offseason, I love Taylor's chances. As RB46, I drafted him below his floor and he has tremendous upside. My trio of RBs allows me to explore other parts of my roster for the next eight rounds.
Likewise, I still like Chester Taylor where I drafted him, but I could've envisioned many better situations for him than signing to a time share in Chicago.
I wouldnt sweat the CT timeshare, Martz offense offers beaucoup pass catching opportunities and the press conference announcement that Martz gets to decide RB rotation favors CT imo. He won't be a feature back, but for the survivor format, he'll be almost as good as one. I'll give you Dwyer for him straight up :goodposting:

Thanks for all the analysis Bloom. Sorry I haven't been by to comment much after my initial writeup. Been crazy busy the last two weeks.

I agree with most of your commentary, but I don't think I overspent on WR too badly. As everyone knows by now, if you don't have a strong WR corp then you probably aren't going to make it that far. I felt my WR1 and WR2 were a bit too streaky to rely on every single week, so I wanted adequate coverage for when they do put up the stinker. Both Jackson and Colston are capable of huge weeks, but have also been known to disappear at times. Bryant/Floyd/Doucet should be enough to cover on those 2 for 30 days that my top two occasionally show up with. If fully recovered, Douglas should put up a nice season for the Falcons. I do not believe in Michael Jenkins at all and think that Douglas easily out produces him this season from a fantasy standpoint.

GoBW, I'm really glad to see you are back and doing ok. I've drafted with you several years in a row now and you always put forth a great effort, so seeing you miss multiple picks had me worried.

GoBW, I'm really glad to see you are back and doing ok. I've drafted with you several years in a row now and you always put forth a great effort, so seeing you miss multiple picks had me worried.
:homer: Welcome back GoBWI'm back from a little vacation... So, While we're discussing offseason effects on our Draft....Ben Roethlisburger = Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.Thanks Party Boy.

I promised Jeff P. I'd get to the board and check in. First let me say sorry that I disappeared from the draft but I ended up in the ER and admitted with post-surgical problems(Nov.) from a Thorocotomy(chest surgery) and a long Myotomy(Esophageal Reconstruction). In plain words they filleted me like a side of beef and it's been difficult recovering from it. I haven't worked in over a year and may be some time before returning but I'm getting pretty close to retirement age so I may just take an extended vacation until then :rant: I hope it didn't create to much of a problem but it looks like you guys carried right along without me and I'm glad for that. I really loved getting involved in these survivor drafts mainly because of the people involved in them.I have been doing FF for over 20 years now and I must say without reservation that you guys that participate in Survivor drafts are the cream of the crop. No other football site can hold a candle to you guys. This is the best collective community of guys and gals in fantasy football on the internet. I know, I've been to just about everywhere online that there is concerning FF. Football is a very big part of my life and being here at FBG's has enriched that immensely along with the fellowship of others like me that I've found here . I share a common bond with all of you, even if I don't know you personally, and I am very grateful for that. I'm not trying to be sappy but what I've gained from all of you since coming to FBG's is immeasureable. While I continue to battle with health issues coming here has certainly helped me cope with those issues a lot better. As long as I'm able to click onto the site I'll be able to deal with what life throws at me.I want to shout out a very heartfelt THANK YOU to TOADS for stepping up to the plate in my absence. He has been privy to alot of what I've been dealing with and his friendship means very much to me. It's guys like Toads here that make this board the first place I check into when getting online and the whole community of guys here is a part of my life I wouldn't trade for the world. I want to thank all of you for some of the greatest days and moments I've had in my life recently and I'm so very glad to have been able to be a part of sharing a hobby I cherish with you. Given the uncertainty of what my health's gonna do I'm not going to venture into any more drafts for the time being but I'll be checkin' in frequently to get the best fantasy football knowledge and insight that all of you share. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say how sorry I am for missing out on the rest of WSL2 but you can bet ole GoBW ain't done yet. I still gotta a lot of FF in me to enjoy and THIS is where I come to enjoy it. Now, if my sorry-### 49ers start winning some ball games I'll be a happy man. Thanks guys for letting me share this with you and I'm getting pumped up for the upcoming 2010 fantasy season and because of FBG's it's gonna be another winning season for me in all my leagues, of which I won 5 leagues titles last year with the help from all of you here. I hope the 2010 season holds good things for all of you as well and as long as we can continue to pick each other's brains we'll all be successful.
Bass, GoBW and I are good to go ... Thanks.

6.10 - Derrick Mason, WR32, Baltimore Ravens Free AgentBaltimore Ravens – Maybe I'm higher on the guy the most, but I was shocked that Mason made it to me, especially with the news breaking that he likely is going to return as Baltimore's defacto #1 WR. Maybe the Marshall/Boldin trade talk has folks a little scared? At WR32 this seems like a steal to me.
Now that Mason has signed back in Baltimore as their 1B, I'm down a bit on my receiving corps' top end production.Calvin Johnson

Derrick Mason

Austin Collie

Chaz Schilens

Nate Washington

Kevin Ogletree

Jason Avant

6.10 - Derrick Mason, WR32, Baltimore Ravens Free AgentBaltimore Ravens – Maybe I'm higher on the guy the most, but I was shocked that Mason made it to me, especially with the news breaking that he likely is going to return as Baltimore's defacto #1 WR. Maybe the Marshall/Boldin trade talk has folks a little scared? At WR32 this seems like a steal to me.
Now that Mason has signed back in Baltimore as their 1B, I'm down a bit on my receiving corps' top end production.Calvin Johnson

Derrick Mason

Austin Collie

Chaz Schilens

Nate Washington

Kevin Ogletree

Jason Avant
"Allways look on the bright side of life." Monty Python, 1979Mason was subject to shut down double teams type coverage a lot last year (Reference: Revis, Darrelle). If you go back and look a his up and down production weeks, it was where he was skeemed against, big time.

Will he get the targets? That's why he was a #2-1/2 WR last year.....134 Targets.

It depends: if BAL tools it's OFF away from the dumps off's and screens and throws the ball down field, Boldin and Mason could each see 130 targets (reference Moss/Welker: 132/168). If they spent the $'s on Boldin to throw the short stuff to Rice... :lmao: ...makes no sense.

My guess is that Rice suffers more than Mason.

Who actually suffers most is the #3-CB on the opposing DEF.

Derrick Mason

Austin Collie

Chaz Schilens

Nate Washington

Kevin Ogletree

Jason Avant
"Allways look on the bright side of life." Monty Python, 1979Mason was subject to shut down double teams type coverage a lot last year (Reference: Revis, Darrelle). If you go back and look a his up and down production weeks, it was where he was skeemed against, big time.

Will he get the targets? That's why he was a #2-1/2 WR last year.....134 Targets.

It depends: if BAL tools it's OFF away from the dumps off's and screens and throws the ball down field, Boldin and Mason could each see 130 targets (reference Moss/Welker: 132/168). If they spent the $'s on Boldin to throw the short stuff to Rice... :goodposting: ...makes no sense.

My guess is that Rice suffers more than Mason.

Who actually suffers most is the #3-CB on the opposing DEF.
Even with Boldin, this is still a running team. I can't envision any scenario where multiple receivers get 130 targets on this team. Boldin will help keep double teams off Mason and force opposing teams to not key in on the run, which will likely result in increased production from the running backs. I'm not saying Mason isn't still going to get his 800-1000 yards and 4-6 TD's but I would take the under on 1000 yards for him this season.

I'd project something more like 60-70 catches each for 800-900 yards.

YLIU

14.03 - MIA - DST19

16.03 - TB- DST29

Mos def, and Marshall trade could put you over the top, you much more foresight than I gave you credit for :goodposting:
:tfp: My evil plot is almost complete. Chan Gailey. go get Mike Vick.

2.06 Jeff Pasquino - Tom Brady - QB4 - NE 5

9.11 Jeff Pasquino - Matt Moore - QB25 - CAR 6

3.11 Jeff Pasquino - Matt Forte - RB14 - Chi 8

7.11 Jeff Pasquino - Kevin Smith - RB35 - DET 7

12.06 Jeff Pasquino - Willis McGahee - RB53 - BAL 8

17.11 Jeff Pasquino - Joe McKnight- RB63 - Rookie ?

18.06 Jeff Pasquino - Anthony Dixon - RB65 - Rookie ?

1.11 Jeff Pasquino - Larry Fitzgerald - WR3 - Arz 6

4.06 Jeff Pasquino - Dwayne Bowe - WR20 - KC 4

5.11 Jeff Pasquino - Jeremy Maclin - WR28 - Phi 8

8.06 Jeff Pasquino - Donnie Avery - WR45 - StL 9

11.11 Jeff Pasquino - Josh Morgan - WR69 - SF 9

19.11 Jeff Pasquino - Brandon Tate - WR103 - NE 5

20.06 Jeff Pasquino - Troy Williamson - WR105 - JAX 9

6.06 Jeff Pasquino - Chris Cooley - TE13 - Wash 9

10.06 Jeff Pasquino - Tony Scheffler - TE18 - DET 7

15.11 Jeff Pasquino - Ryan Longwell - PK7 - MIN 4

16.06 Jeff Pasquino - Matt Prater - PK13 - DEN 9

13.11 Jeff Pasquino - IND - DST14 7

14.06 Jeff Pasquino - SEA - DST21 5
More detail to come.
Byes are OK except some at WR (3 9's). Good thing Scheffler moved to DET (DEN/Wash same bye)

2.11 jeter23 - Tony Romo - QB5 - Dal - 4

9.06 Jeter23 - Chad Henne - QB24 - MIA - 5

1.06 Jeter23 - Frank Gore - RB5 - SF - 9

5.06 Jeter23 - Felix Jones - RB24 - Dal - 4

10.11 jeter23 - Tashard Choice - RB47 - DAL - 4

11.06 Jeter23 - Leon Washington - RB51 - NYJ - 7

3.06 Jeter23 - Anquan Boldin - WR15- BAL - 8

4.11 jeter23 - Hines Ward - WR21 - Pit - 5

7.06 Jeter23 - Steve Breaston - WR37 - Az - 6

8.11 jeter23 - Mike Wallace - WR48 - Pit - 5

15.06 Jeter23 - Demaryius Thomas - WR83 - Rookie

18.11 jeter23 - Malcolm Kelly - WR95 - WAS - 9

19.06 Jeter23 - Mark Clayton - WR99 - BAL - 8

6.11 jeter23 - Owen Daniels - TE14 - Hou - 7

12.11 jeter23 - Jared Cook - TE22 - TEN - 9

20.11 Jeter23 Martellus Bennett - TE34 - DAL - 4

14.11 jeter23 - David Akers - PK3 - PHI - 8

17.06 Jeter23 - Ryan Succop - PK23 - KC - 4

13.06 Jeter23 - NYG - DST11 - 8

16.11 jeter23 - OAK- DST30 - 10

3.02 John Doe - Philip Rivers - QB7 - SD/10

11.02 John Doe - Brady Quinn - QB29 - DEN/9

20.15 John Doe - Sam Bradford - QB35 - Rookie

1.02 John Doe - Maurice Jones Drew - RB2 - Jax/9

4.15 John Doe - Joseph Addai - RB23 - Ind/7

7.02 John Doe - Carnell Williams - RB32 - TB/4

15.02 John Doe - Leonard Weaver - RB58 - PHI/8

18.15 John Doe - Quinton Ganther - RB68 - SEA/5

2.15 John Doe - Greg Jennings - WR12 - GB/10

6.15 John Doe - Davone Bess - WR35 - Mia/5

8.15 John Doe - Earl Bennett - WR50 - Chi/8

10.15 John Doe - Laveranues Coles - WR61 - FA

14.15 John Doe - Justin Gage - WR81 - TEN/9

17.02 John Doe - Damian Williams - WR86 - Rookie

19.02 John Doe - Domenik Hixon - WR97 - NYG/8

5.02 John Doe - Heath Miller - TE8 - Pit/5

9.02 John Doe - Kevin Boss - TE17 - NYG/8

13.02 John Doe - Mason Crosby - PK1 - GB/10

16.15 John Doe - Joe Nedney - PK18 - SF/9

12.15 John Doe - ARI - DST/6

Did not get hit to hard by the BYEs. Was hit harder by offseason transactions, IMO. Hope that Williams does not get drafted by a team with a week 8 bYE.

QBs about the same as the other non-Shadowfax teams that didn't get a top 8-9 option. Not inspiring, but didn't overpay for either option. Cassel should be better in year 2.

Charles in the 2nd was actually value compared to current ADP, Grant could be great value in 3rd, could be a bit of a bust if GB brings in another back to give rushing game shot in the arm. Rude also took two big swings in the 8th and 10th with Lynch and Mathews, will more than make up for any slippage by Grant, but with 4 of first 10 picks invested this crew will need to be very strong. Bell was overkill, and he might have trouble catching on elsewhere if NO prefers Hamilton to him.

AJ is a worthy cornerstone, and Crabtree was a steal in the 4th. Im not sure Housh will be a great 6th round pick, but if he straightens out, he might produce closer to historical levels. Gaffney was a steal at WR80, especially if Marshall is traded, and Walter should at least be a 40 catch possession WR wherever he ends up. Adding a top rookie WR is never a bad idea, but Tate might have been there a few rounds later as this group didnt tap a lot of rookie WRs.

Carlson was a nice value, and Scaife should be at least a 30-40 catch guy wherever he ends up, but like the QB, uninspiring in terms of upside. Gronkowski was overkill and rookie TEs rarely produce enough to matter.

Once again advocating the one PK strategy and Lindell was one of the last PKs that I think work as a singleton.

Dallas is always solid as a DST with the Ware/Spencer pinchers, and CLE was a sneaky good DST2 for the Cribbs factor alone. I was burned that I didnt get to take them as my DST2.

Rude is usually on point, but this team seems pretty meh to me. Other than Crabtree and Mathews, I dont see many picks that could greatly outproduce draft position. There are no major holes, but I cant envision a scenario where this team ends up being one of the last 3-4 remaining, save for the Seattle passing game becoming big-time all of the sudden once again.
5.05 Aaron Rudnicki - Matt Ryan - QB12 - Atl - 89.05 Aaron Rudnicki - Matt Cassel- QB23 - KC - 4

2.12 Aaron Rudnicki - Jamaal Charles - RB11 - KC - 4

3.05 Aaron Rudnicki - Ryan Grant - RB12 - GB - 10

8.12 Aaron Rudnicki - Marshawn Lynch - RB39 - Buf - 6

10.12 Aaron Rudnicki - Ryan Mathews - RB48 - SD - 10

19.05 Aaron Rudnicki - Mike Bell - RB70 - PHI - 8

1.05 Aaron Rudnicki - Andre Johnson - WR1 - Hou - 7

4.12 Aaron Rudnicki - Michael Crabtree - WR22 - SF - 9

6.12 Aaron Rudnicki - TJ Houshmandzadeh - WR33 - Sea - 5

11.05 Aaron Rudnicki - Kevin Walter - WR64 - Hou - 7

13.05 Aaron Rudnicki - Golden Tate - WR76 - Sea - 5

14.12 Aaron Rudnicki - Jabar Gaffney - WR80 - DEN - 9

7.05 Aaron Rudnicki - John Carlson - TE16 - Sea - 5

18.12 Aaron Rudnicki - Bo Scaife - TE29 - TEN - 9

20.12 Aaron Rudnicki - Rob Gronkowski - TE35 - NE - 5

16.12 Aaron Rudnicki - Rian Lindell- PK16 - BUF - 6

17.05 Aaron Rudnicki - Phil Dawson - PK22 - CLE - 8

12.12 Aaron Rudnicki - DAL - DST7 - 4

15.05 Aaron Rudnicki - CLE - DST28 - 8

Definitely loving where Matthews wound up, and I think Gronkowski and Tate both were helped as well. No major bye issues that I can see either. Lynch trade would be good. Bell could be SOD in Philadelphia also. Relying somewhat heavily on the Seahawks and Texans passing games but I can deal.

4.02 Reaper - Ben Roethlisberger - QB8 - Pit 5

10.02 Reaper - Josh Freeman - QB27 - TB 4

!*%#*%@#$@$@ BEN YOU BIG @)#$^$% WEEENIE!!!!!!

Ok, so I have no QB for week 4

3.15 Reaper - Knowshon Moreno - RB17 - Den 9

7.15 Reaper - Donald Brown - RB37 - Ind 7

8.02 Reaper - Ricky Williams - RB38 - Mia 5

9.15 Reaper - Justin Forsett - RB43 - SEA 5

18.02 Reaper - Jerious Norwood - RB64 - ATL 8

19.15 Reaper - Rashad Jennings - RB75 - JAX 9

Not bad - Forsett might get bumped up. Moreno I worry about in the mess developing in Denver

1.15 Reaper - Randy Moss - WR4 - NE 5

6.02 Reaper - Pierre Garcon - WR31 - Ind 7

5.15 Reaper - Braylon Edwards - WR30 - NYJ 7

11.15 Reaper - Devin Thomas - WR71 - WAS 9

12.02 Reaper - James Jones - WR72 - GB 10

17.15 Reaper - Patrick Crayton - WR89 - DAL 4

20.02 Reaper - Torry Holt - WR104 - NE 5

2.02 Reaper - Antonio Gates - TE2 - SD 10

13.15 Reaper - NE - DST17 5

14.02 Reaper - CIN - DST18 6

15.15 Reaper - Robbie Gould - PK10 - CHI 8

16.02 Reaper - Kris Brown - PK12 - HOU 7

Major QB issue thanks to BIG ben - Maybe I get lucky early and get passed it. Good thing Gates is off late

3.02 John Doe - Philip Rivers - QB7 - SD/10

11.02 John Doe - Brady Quinn - QB29 - DEN/9

20.15 John Doe - Sam Bradford - QB35 – STL/9

1.02 John Doe - Maurice Jones Drew - RB2 - Jax/9

4.15 John Doe - Joseph Addai - RB23 - Ind/7

7.02 John Doe - Carnell Williams - RB32 - TB/4

15.02 John Doe - Leonard Weaver - RB58 - PHI/8

18.15 John Doe - Quinton Ganther - RB68 - FA

2.15 John Doe - Greg Jennings - WR12 - GB/10

6.15 John Doe - Davone Bess - WR35 - Mia/5

8.15 John Doe - Earl Bennett - WR50 - Chi/8

10.15 John Doe - Laveranues Coles - WR61 - FA

14.15 John Doe - Justin Gage - WR81 - TEN/9

17.02 John Doe - Damian Williams - WR86 – TEN/9

19.02 John Doe - Domenik Hixon - WR97 - FA

5.02 John Doe - Heath Miller - TE8 - Pit/5

9.02 John Doe - Kevin Boss - TE17 - NYG/8

13.02 John Doe - Mason Crosby - PK1 - GB/10

16.15 John Doe - Joe Nedney - PK18 - SF/9

12.15 John Doe - ARI - DST/6

Quick update:

Quinn is a bust, but maybe Bradford will have an occasional decent week.

I am happy with my top 3 RB, but RB2 will essentially be a committee all year. If form holds, Weaver will have the occasional week where he counts, but if he is counting on a week to week basis I am in trouble.

WRs look horrible. Jennings is the best of the bunch. With Marshall in Miami Bess will be lucky to put up decent scores as he is battling Hartline for playing time. Bennett is probably going to get lost in the crowd in Chicago, while I will be begging for production out of the Tennessee passing attack.

At least my tight ends look like they will be decent. :goodposting:

5.09 BostonFred - Matt Leinart - QB14 - Arz

7.09 BostonFred - Carson Palmer - QB18 - Cin

18.08 BostonFred - Kurt Warner - QB33 - Retired

3.09 BostonFred - Cedric Benson - RB13 - Cin

6.08 BostonFred - Ahmad Bradshaw - RB29 - NYG

10.08 BostonFred - Jahvid Best - RB45 - Rookie

13.09 BostonFred - Bernard Scott - RB56 - CIN

16.08 BostonFred - LenDale White - RB61 - TEN

1.09 BostonFred - Reggie Wayne - WR2 - Ind

2.08 BostonFred - Steve Smith - WR8 - Car

8.08 BostonFred - Nate Burleson - WR46 - FA

9.09 BostonFred - Andre Caldwell - WR54 - CIN

11.09 BostonFred - Johnny Knox - WR65 - CHI

19.09 BostonFred - Deion Branch - WR101 - SEA

4.08 BostonFred - Brent Celek - TE7 - PHI

20.08 BostonFred - Dante Rosario - TE33 - CAR

15.09 BostonFred - Stephen Gostkowski - PK6 - NE

17.09 BostonFred - Josh Brown - PK25 - STL

12.08 BostonFred - PHI - DST4

14.08 BostonFred - JAX - DST23
I wish I could quit you, Matt Leinart. Palmer looks like a solid starting QB this year, so I'm fairly happy with that. I'm very happy with the killer Bs of Benson Bradshaw and Best. Wayne, Steve Smith, Johnny Knox, Nate Burleson and Deion Branch all look good, and Caldwell may be worth a little here or there. Happy with Celek and Rosario, and my Ks and Ds are decent.

Users who are viewing this thread