What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL2 Rosters (draft order #68, pos order #70) and draft discussion (1 Viewer)

We can use this thread to explain your draft choices, give differences of opinion, round by round summaries, have discussions on players, list & show off your 2010 team or whatever you want to talk about concerning our draft. Looks like we have a vitual who's who list of very knowlegdeable FBG's participating in this draft. I'd be very interested in hearing your comments on your draft picks and how you think your draft's progressing. After the 2009 season there looks to be some possible shakeups and players being drafted different than they were last year, so don't be shy, let's hear all that good info you guys have about the upcoming season and what you think is about to transpire once the gun goes off on the 2010 season.

Ghost of Bill Walsh:

1.04- RB Ray Rice- geez, what a difference a year makes. I was looking at where Rice was drafted in some of the survivor leagues last year and people got tremendous bang for their buck with Rice as he was drafted in round 4 and even round 9 from just a few of the drafts I looked at. He rewarded those who drafted him with RB1 numbers as he was only 1 of 2 rb's(Chris Johnson) to total over 2,000 yards last year. I see he's already going early in other drafts So I'm hoping he won't disappoint this year. I don't think he will even with McGahee and McClain there. He had 78 catches for 702 yds. last year so he should be decent in survivor format. I'm hoping he'll have more td's this year as McGahee vultured 12 rushing td's last year. I still think he's capable of putting up top 5 rb numbers even if McGahee and McClain are still there. Now if I just find a back later on who'll at least partially mimic Rice's 2009 season I'll be very happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez.....today's the 28th and here's a vacant discussion thread.

Good thing you're active.

It must be fun and all, drafting and thinking about FB bargains.

Maybe some of these guys will chime in and make for an intertesting read.

I was gonna say Jam charles but he'll never make it to you.

Good Luck....have fun....prosper....in the persuit of happiness.

:goodposting:

Geez.....today's the 28th and here's a vacant discussion thread.

Good thing you're active.

It must be fun and all, drafting and thinking about FB bargains.

Maybe some of these guys will chime in and make for an intertesting read.

I was gonna say Jam charles but he'll never make it to you.

Good Luck....have fun....prosper....in the persuit of happiness.

:X
Yeah Charles went 1 pick before my 2nd round pick. He is though one of my keepers in my money league and he certainly helped me win the title last year. Charles should be in for a good year especially if they upgrade the O-line. I did make a homer pick,TE Vernon Davis, in the 2nd round. At 2 pts. per reception having a good TE is huge in survivor formats.. He hadn't done squat until last year when he finally awoke from his coma. I think it was the sight of Singletary's #### that shocked him back to reality. He thought he better start producing or he might face further exposure to Singletary's backside. Plus I think by coach making him a captain that kinda put the onus on his shoulders and he was able to carry the load with an amazing 13 td's. That's 4 more td's than he's had his whole career. I think he can still improve on catches and yardage but the td total may be kinda hard to sustain on a regular basis. I still think he'll get 10 this year. If the Niners upgrade their O-line and protect Smith I think Vernon's receptions and yardage could increase this year. I have no doubt that he'll produce again this year and should have no problem being a top 5 TE, maybe even top 3.I think once we get further along in the draft guys will start posting comments. If not I got a whole thread to post away to my heart's content. I won't make any negative comments about anybody else's picks as these guys know what they're doing and I don't see anyone making bad picks. They all have their reason, I'm sure they're valid ones, for the players they'll pick. I'm just hoping they start to make comments about their choices as I'm always looking for other people's insight on players for the coming year. You too Toads, I always like hearing your comments about players in the survivor leagues we were both in last year. I think it's been all pretty solid choices so far and the 2nd and 3rd rounds are always tough. I think rounds 2 &3 are crucial to building a solid team and if I don't make good choices in those rounds I won't BE around very long once the season starts. Thanks for chiming in Toads, you're always welcome.

1.04- RB Ray Rice

2.13- TE Vernon Davis

3.04- WR Steve Smith(NYG)

I think I started pretty good with a top 5 RB and TE. Smith should be the main target again this year for Eli and he might not get 107 receptions this year but I'm looking for his td total to improve. Even if a couple of the Giants receivers improve Smith could be good for 90 catches .

These WSLs are so tricky, and I have been historically weak in them. There are not many seemingly sure bets this far out from the beginning of the 2010 NFL season.

My start so far...

01.07 - RB Steven Jackson, Saint Louis Rams

02.10 - WR Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions

03.07 - TE Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta Falcons

Two talented 2009 underachievers at the top. Although I guess you could hardly say Jackson underachieved as the long bright spot on an awful Rams team. I never intended to take a TE this high, but I think the strategy makes sense given positional scarcity.

Lots of solid drafters in this one...

Honestly I rarely think I'll ever win these (Just won a PDSL I think for the first time), but it is a great barometer / start for 2010 values.

Round 1 is usually not that hard (BPA, usually, a RB or WR) - but Rounds 2-4 are tricky. That sets the tone for the next 3-4 picks as your round out your starters.

So far I think I have this:

1.11 Larry Fitzgerald

2.06 Tom Brady

3.11 Matt Forte

So I have a QB-RB-WR core to build around. Forte isn't the greatest RB1 but I think I clearly have a Top 5 WR and QB for foundations.

The fun starts when guys go earlier or later than you might expect.

It is always interesting to see where rookies start to fill in, and also see which positions are deep or not-so-deep. That's what really matters after a while - not missing out on a shallow position. That's part of the reason I took Brady - I don't think that there are 16 strong QB1 candidates, so grabbing a Top 5 QB should be advantageous. I also think that's how many redraft leagues will go this fall - QBs will go higher than in season's past.

I apparently am insane and keep making reaches on RB's.

1.08: Johnathan Stewart (Great numbers, great situation; possibility D-Will gets shipped out. Had I thought I could get him in the 3rd I'd of waited)

2.09: Vincent Jackson (stud WR)

3.08 Sidney Rice (Some uncertainty, incredible value if Favre comes back and I think he has the talent to be a top 15 guy with anybody)

4.09: Steve Slaton (He was going in the late 1st a year ago... I mean I know he didn't look real impressive this year and then got hurt, but he's going to be the starter or at least a major part of the running game. If he returns to how he looked in his rookie year, I can't believe he's in the 4th round)

Those are my thoughts so far.

I am off to an ok start with MJD, Greg Jennings and Rivers. In the second round I wanted DeSean Jackson, but he went a pick early. I decided to go QB in the 3rd due to lack of depth at that position. I thought I might get lucky and have Moreno or McCoy slip back to me in the fourth, but that was just a pipe dream with this group.

My team so far:

1.06 Frank Gore

2.11 Tony Romo

3.06 Anquan Boldin

4.11 Hines Ward

5.06 Felix Jones

I was happy to get Gore in the 6th spot since I think he was at the end of that tier. It still feels early for Romo in the 2nd but QBs were going quickly and I wanted a top scorer there. Romo takes a lot of heat, but is consistently a top QB. Loved getting Boldin in the 3rd. People seem to be down on him between the injuries and the uncertain future, but all he does is produce. I wanted Crabtree in the 4th but felt it was a bit too early to take a 2nd player from the same team, so I went with Ward. Solid consolation prize. In the 5th, I could not pass on Felix. I would not have been surprised if he went in the 2nd, even with Romo, I had to grab him there.

1.05 WR Andre Johnson

2.11 RB Jamaal Charles

3.05 RB Ryan Grant

4.11 WR Michael Crabtree

5.05 QB Matt Ryan

looking solid so far.

We can use this thread to list your team roster, give your analysis of your team or others and any other comments or discussion you wish to have.

Ghost of Bill Walsh:

1.04-RB Ray Rice

2.13-TE Vernon Davis

3.04-WR Steve Smith(NYG)

4.13-QB Eli Manning

5.04-WR Donald Driver

QB's-

4.13-Eli Manning- Eli had 27 td's last year and I don't see why he can't repeat those numbers. Especially if big brother wins his 2nd SB Eli will have something to prove and keep up with the uhh.....Mannings.

RB's-

1.04-Ray Rice- last year he was going anywhere from the 4th round to the 9th or 10th round. What a difference a year makes. He was only 1 of 2 backs(Chris Johnson) to total over 2,000 yds. Looking for about the same in catches(78)and probably a little dropoff in yardage but his td total should increase.

WR's-

3.04-Steve Smith(NYG)- May be hard to get 107 catches again this year but will be a constant target for Manning especially on 3rd downs. I also see his td total to go up between 9-11. Someof the other developing Giant WR's may steal a few of his catches but this Steve Smith, like his counterpart, is showing he can get open.

5.04-Donald Driver- He's had 6 seasons in a row of over 1,000 yds and this should be 7 even at the age of 35. He wants to play until he's 40 so plenty of td's yet to be had which I think he'll get at least 6 like he did last year with the league's best fantasy QB,Aaron Rodgers, throwing to him. I'd like to see his receptions increase which he hauled in 70 last year. Pretty consistant receiver and he was the 26th receiver taken. Man, they sure have been flying off the board and only in the 5th round.

TE's-

2.13-Vernon Davis- My homer pick, Vernon finshed as TE1 last year with an amazing 13 td's. I think he'll get at least 10 td's this year and he could easily top 1,000 yds. even with Crabtree there. He's a big part of the passing game now and glad to see he woke up from his fantasy coma. He's beginning to become the kind of TE many thought he could be. Yeah it's only one year he's put up big numbers but I don't think he'll regress now. Alex Smith will consistantly look Vernon's way every game.

Where's the discussion, guys?

Come on..... that's most of the fun of these leagues.

1.10 Larry Fitzgerald - Hard to go wrong with Fitz, even if Warner retires

2.06 Tom Brady - Locking down a strong QB is a good idea in these leagues

3.10 Matt Forte - Still a Top 15 RB, so solid RB1 here, and good for PPR

4.06 Dwayne Bowe - Struggled with this pick, but a solid WR2 with upside

5.10 Jeremy Maclin - Explosive WR for my WR3 on a pass-happy team

6.06 Chris Cooley - Way too cautious for others to let him slide this far. I'd have to look up his ADP last year at this time, but he's a solid TE1 with a ton of targets. Shanny knows how to use a good TE as well, plus Cooley is already running 5-6 miles at a clip.

QB: Brady

RB: Forte

WR: Fitzgerald / Bowe / Maclin

TE: Cooley

I'll take this to start any day in a 16-teamer.

1.03 Adrian Peterson RB MIN

It was a no-brainer between Rice and AP here. Went with AP because of more TD opportunities and I think receptions will continue to rise next year.

2.14 DeSean Jackson WR PHI

I actually wanted one of Schaub or Rivers but thought one of them would come back to me so instead, it was between DJax and Colston. I had DeSean just a tick higher than Colston.

3.03 WR Marques Colston WR NOS

Gambled that one of the two QBs would come back and I lost. I didn't see much value here other than at WR. I thought about Gonzo, but the pick didn't excite me so I took a second WR1 instead.

4.14 Wes Welker WR NEP

I came into the turn knowing I needed to get a QB and either a RB or TE depending on who fell. Instead I saw Wes Welker sitting out there with his gimpy knee and decided to swing for the fences. This pick will likely make or break my season, bit in December it's a crapshoot anyway. I knew I could wait to take a QB until 5.03 and I wasn't in love with any of the RBs left after a million went in round 3 and 4. If Celek or Finley had made it back to me then TE would have been the pick, but I wasn't feeling the Winslow\Milller(s)\Olsen\Keller tier this early.

5.03 Jay Cutler QB CHI

I hate this pick, but I was afraid of what would be left at QB if I waited another two rounds to take one. It was either Cutler or Ryan, and honestly I just flipped a coin between them. Hopefully he settles down a bit next year. INTs not counting helps him quite a bit in this league too.

6.14 Brandon Jacobs RB NYG

Weird to see this guy drop so far, but I guess his lackluster season warrants it. Still, it feels a bit too much. I'll be counting on him to at least resume his goal line duties.

1.01 Chris Johnson, RB, TEN - I see no reason Tennessee won't ride Johnson just as hard this year, and he's still on the upslope of his career. Four points a game more than his closest competitor, and that was with a slow start and Kerry Collins not playing well enough to keep defenses honest.

2.16 Jason Witten, TE, DAL - TE gets deeper and deeper every year which makes waiting attractive, even in a 16 teamer, but I still consider Witten an uberstud in a 2 PPR format, averaging 90 catches a year over the last three seasons - he's also one of the few TEs who can carry you through a rough week with a 10 catch game. TDs should bounce back to historical 4-6 level, but he's worth the pick even if they don't.

3.01 Matt Schaub, QB, HOU - Schaub quietly arrived this year, dispelled durability questions by playing through a separated non-throwing shoulder and kept the Texans offense viable despite a stable of RBs who couldn't get the job done. Proved he could be very productive even without favorite target Owen Daniels. Only Brees, Manning, Favre, and Rodgers threw more TDs, and no one threw for more yards than Schaub. Worthy of a 2nd round pick, but perception is still catching up to reality on Schaub. I was set on going QB here because I didn't want to count on enough people passing to allow an option worthy of a pick at the 4-5 turn to fall, and sure enough I would have been pretty disappointed with the choices if I had gambled and left QB open through my first three picks - not that Schaub wasn't totally worthy of a pick at the 2/3 turn in my mind anyway.

4.16 Jerricho Cotchery, WR, NYJ - Time to get a pass-catcher or two after neglecting the position in the first three rounds. Cotchery's 09 numbers don't look great on the surface, but he missed two games and the Jets kept the training wheels on Sanchez. I see him turning into Sanchez's Hines Ward-esque go-to option in key situations. Ability is very underrated because he's not that big or that fast, but Cotchery has great hands, toughness, strength, and run after catch instincts. I expect 75-1000-6 with upside in '10 as the #1 option in a more effective passing game. Had Cotchery as a presumptive pick at the 4/5 turn all along, although I would have taken Crabtree over him if he had fallen.

5.01 Hakeem Nicks, WR, NYG - Survivor league special as he had four catches over 50 yards, almost 800 yards, and six TDs on only 74 targets last year. Should be even better in 2010 as an everydown player for the whole season. Close call between Nicks, Maclin, and Harvin, but Im worried about the whole Minny passing game if Favre retires, and Nicks showed me more than Maclin last year.

6.16 Reggie Bush, RB, NO - At some point everyone becomes a value, and Bush was certainly a value at 6.16. Even with his struggled last year, he was a low RB2 in a 16 team PPR, even career lows in carries and catches. He looked as good as he has in his entire NFL career vs. Arizona, maybe he has found his game again. Either way, as the first component in an RB2BC, he's a fine pick at 6.16

7.01 Kenny Britt, WR, TEN - If there was a WR run leading up to the 4/5 turn, I might have considered Britt there. Like Nicks, he was explosive with limited playing time in 09, a full-time starting gig should bring a nice leap from already decent numbers in 2010. His big play profile also adds value in the survivor format.

1.01 Chris Johnson, RB, TEN - I see no reason Tennessee won't ride Johnson just as hard this year, and he's still on the upslope of his career. Four points a game more than his closest competitor, and that was with a slow start and Kerry Collins not playing well enough to keep defenses honest.2.16 Jason Witten, TE, DAL - TE gets deeper and deeper every year which makes waiting attractive, even in a 16 teamer, but I still consider Witten an uberstud in a 2 PPR format, averaging 90 catches a year over the last three seasons - he's also one of the few TEs who can carry you through a rough week with a 10 catch game. TDs should bounce back to historical 4-6 level, but he's worth the pick even if they don't.3.01 Matt Schaub, QB, HOU - Schaub quietly arrived this year, dispelled durability questions by playing through a separated non-throwing shoulder and kept the Texans offense viable despite a stable of RBs who couldn't get the job done. Proved he could be very productive even without favorite target Owen Daniels. Only Brees, Manning, Favre, and Rodgers threw more TDs, and no one threw for more yards than Schaub. Worthy of a 2nd round pick, but perception is still catching up to reality on Schaub. I was set on going QB here because I didn't want to count on enough people passing to allow an option worthy of a pick at the 4-5 turn to fall, and sure enough I would have been pretty disappointed with the choices if I had gambled and left QB open through my first three picks - not that Schaub wasn't totally worthy of a pick at the 2/3 turn in my mind anyway.4.16 Jerricho Cotchery, WR, NYJ - Time to get a pass-catcher or two after neglecting the position in the first three rounds. Cotchery's 09 numbers don't look great on the surface, but he missed two games and the Jets kept the training wheels on Sanchez. I see him turning into Sanchez's Hines Ward-esque go-to option in key situations. Ability is very underrated because he's not that big or that fast, but Cotchery has great hands, toughness, strength, and run after catch instincts. I expect 75-1000-6 with upside in '10 as the #1 option in a more effective passing game. Had Cotchery as a presumptive pick at the 4/5 turn all along, although I would have taken Crabtree over him if he had fallen.5.01 Hakeem Nicks, WR, NYG - Survivor league special as he had four catches over 50 yards, almost 800 yards, and six TDs on only 74 targets last year. Should be even better in 2010 as an everydown player for the whole season. Close call between Nicks, Maclin, and Harvin, but Im worried about the whole Minny passing game if Favre retires, and Nicks showed me more than Maclin last year.6.16 Reggie Bush, RB, NO - At some point everyone becomes a value, and Bush was certainly a value at 6.16. Even with his struggled last year, he was a low RB2 in a 16 team PPR, even career lows in carries and catches. He looked as good as he has in his entire NFL career vs. Arizona, maybe he has found his game again. Either way, as the first component in an RB2BC, he's a fine pick at 6.167.01 Kenny Britt, WR, TEN - If there was a WR run leading up to the 4/5 turn, I might have considered Britt there. Like Nicks, he was explosive with limited playing time in 09, a full-time starting gig should bring a nice leap from already decent numbers in 2010. His big play profile also adds value in the survivor format.
Enjoyed reading your thoughts. While it was a decent effort, your analysis isn't quite as insightful as Ruds. Maybe you should ask him to mentor you if you want to excel in this profession.

Matt Leinart

Carson Palmer

Cedric Benson

Ahmad Bradshaw

Reggie Wayne

Steve Smith (CAR)

Nate Burleson

Brent Celek

I love this team so far. Leinart might look like Chad Pennington, but he's walking into an Aaron Rodgers situation. I really like his chances to be a top 10 and possibly top 5 QB next year. Between Carson Palmer and Cedric Benson, I have the Bengals offensive scoring, which admittedly isn't what it once was, but still ain't bad. Ahmad Bradshaw is a weak RB2, but in these early drafts I think you have to go RB2BC at least a little until you know what free agency and the draft will bring. My WRs are arguably the best in the league so far. Celek may not have the track record, but he is a receptions machine and developed into a primary target in the Eagles offense.

bostonfred said:
Matt Leinart

Carson Palmer

Cedric Benson

Ahmad Bradshaw

Reggie Wayne

Steve Smith (CAR)

Nate Burleson

Brent Celek

I love this team so far. Leinart might look like Chad Pennington, but he's walking into an Aaron Rodgers situation. I really like his chances to be a top 10 and possibly top 5 QB next year. Between Carson Palmer and Cedric Benson, I have the Bengals offensive scoring, which admittedly isn't what it once was, but still ain't bad. Ahmad Bradshaw is a weak RB2, but in these early drafts I think you have to go RB2BC at least a little until you know what free agency and the draft will bring. My WRs are arguably the best in the league so far. Celek may not have the track record, but he is a receptions machine and developed into a primary target in the Eagles offense.
:thumbup:

Drafting at the top of this league is tough. To follow up on previous:

Phillip Rivers

MJD

Joseph Addai

Cadillac Williams

Greg Jennings

Devone Bess

Heath Miller

I am ok at quarterback as Rivers is a good top 5.

Running Back, behind MJD looks to be ok. Addai will see the bulk of the carries in Indy and Cadillac had a resurgence last year. I am planning on him splitting time in Tampa, but will be pleased with a repeat performance.

Jennings is the top receiver in Green Bay and it could be argued that Bess is the number one in Miami. I don't think that Ginn can hack it as the number one and Bess could be primed for a breakout if the offense becomes more pass oriented.

The TE position is deep, and Miller makes a good top 10 pick.

Where's the discussion, guys?Come on..... that's most of the fun of these leagues.1.11 Larry Fitzgerald - Hard to go wrong with Fitz, even if Warner retires2.06 Tom Brady - Locking down a strong QB is a good idea in these leagues3.11 Matt Forte - Still a Top 15 RB, so solid RB1 here, and good for PPR4.06 Dwayne Bowe - Struggled with this pick, but a solid WR2 with upside5.11 Jeremy Maclin - Explosive WR for my WR3 on a pass-happy team6.06 Chris Cooley - Way too cautious for others to let him slide this far. I'd have to look up his ADP last year at this time, but he's a solid TE1 with a ton of targets. Shanny knows how to use a good TE as well, plus Cooley is already running 5-6 miles at a clip.7.11 Kevin Smith - calculated gamble here at RB2. If he's back and healthy and productive like last year, this is a HUGE steal. Even if it takes 3-4 weeks for him to get rolling, later picks should cover me.8.06 Donnie Avery - Wasn't really planning on a fourth WR here, but the quality of Avery as a selection and the strong likelihood that many would go soon after - and knowing that these PPR survivors are very WR heavy - gave me little choice. Glad to have taken another WR1 even if he is on the Rams. QB: BradyRB: Forte / Kevin SmithWR: Fitzgerald / Bowe / Maclin / AveryTE: CooleyStill liking this roster.

bostonfred said:
Reggie Wayne

Steve Smith (CAR)

Nate Burleson

My WRs are arguably the best in the league so far.
:ptts:
name a better group
Fitz > WayneBowe = Steve Smith

Avery and/or Maclin > Burleson (and I do like him)

You do have a good trio, but I'll put mine up against yours for the season.
Clearly you like Avery and Maclin better than Burleson, since you drafted both before him, and say you like him. You took Avery the same round as Burleson so they seem to be close. It's also clear that I like Wayne better than Fitz for next year, because I drafted him ahead of Fitz. And I drafted Leinart, so it's not like I'm down on Fitz. They're very close.

Steve Smith = Bowe? I don't even have Bowe in the same tier for next year. Maybe that's why valence was shaking his head though. I think this year we saw the dropoff in Delhomme, not Smith, and I think the offseason consensus will agree with me.

For me, the question is, is the difference between Maclin and my as-yet-undrafted #4 as big as the difference between Bowe and Smith? And it seems that that's, well, arguable. Which confirms what I said - "arguably the #1 WR corps in the league".

Steve Smith = Bowe? I don't even have Bowe in the same tier for next year. Maybe that's why valence was shaking his head though. I think this year we saw the dropoff in Delhomme, not Smith, and I think the offseason consensus will agree with me. For me, the question is, is the difference between Maclin and my as-yet-undrafted #4 as big as the difference between Bowe and Smith? And it seems that that's, well, arguable. Which confirms what I said - "arguably the #1 WR corps in the league".
Regarding Bowe vs. Steve Smith, it's a tough comparison. My gut says to go with the seasoned and proven vet in Smith, but the QB issues and the preference to run in Carolina (along with the lack of a real WR2 to draw away double-teams) has me a bit concerned. I like Matt Moore but he's not proven - but then again Matt Cassel isn't a perennial Pro-Bowl QB either.Bowe is tougher to gauge as he had the 4-game suspension, plus the Chiefs were different after Chambers came on board (and Charles took over at tailback). The entire KC offense should be improved in 2010.I could see taking Steve Smith over Bowe (and I agree with that) but I don't think the separation between the two is as big as you think any longer.

Steve Smith = Bowe? I don't even have Bowe in the same tier for next year. Maybe that's why valence was shaking his head though. I think this year we saw the dropoff in Delhomme, not Smith, and I think the offseason consensus will agree with me. For me, the question is, is the difference between Maclin and my as-yet-undrafted #4 as big as the difference between Bowe and Smith? And it seems that that's, well, arguable. Which confirms what I said - "arguably the #1 WR corps in the league".
Regarding Bowe vs. Steve Smith, it's a tough comparison. My gut says to go with the seasoned and proven vet in Smith, but the QB issues and the preference to run in Carolina (along with the lack of a real WR2 to draw away double-teams) has me a bit concerned. I like Matt Moore but he's not proven - but then again Matt Cassel isn't a perennial Pro-Bowl QB either.Bowe is tougher to gauge as he had the 4-game suspension, plus the Chiefs were different after Chambers came on board (and Charles took over at tailback). The entire KC offense should be improved in 2010.I could see taking Steve Smith over Bowe (and I agree with that) but I don't think the separation between the two is as big as you think any longer.
Smith was on about an 75/1520/12 pace during the 4 games with Matt Moore at QB, and that's with almost an entire half missed vs. the Giants. Bowe produced at about a 70/800/6 clip, and he hasn't come close to proving he can produce at Smith's level yet. I think the separation between the two is pretty big. Chambers coming on board actually hurt Bowe considerably, he didn't score after Chambers was added.

1.14 - DeAngelo Williams - RB10 - Car John Fox is loyal to a fault, as long as he is in Carolina DWill will be the starter.

2.03 - Peyton Manning - QB3 - Ind I got burned in the PDSL last year waiting on a QB, got stuck with Cutler and worse backups.

3.14 - Shonn Greene - RB16 - NYJ High risk/reward pick TJ is 33 next year.

4.03 - Mike Sims Walker - WR19 - Jax Rumor has it you need receivers in this league. He finally stayed healthy last year.

5.14 - Kellen Winslow II - TE10 - TB 2PPR I needed a TE, looked good with Freeman.

6.03 - Ronnie Brown - RB26 - Mia I thought this was steeling.

7.14 - Julian Edelman - WR40 - NE All depends on Welker

8.03 - Jeremy Shockey - TE16 - NO I don't think you can have enough good TEs in this format.

So Far:

Peyton Manning

DeAngelo Williams

Shonn Greene

Ronnie Brown

Mike Sims Walker

Julian Edelman

Kellen Winslow II

Jeremy Shockey

I like this team sor far I need receiver help, but pretty damn solid everywhere else

Reggie Wayne

Steve Smith (CAR)

Nate Burleson

My WRs are arguably the best in the league so far.
:lmao:
name a better group
Maybe I'm being too optimistic about Welker, but DeSean Jackson, Marques Colston, and Welker is looking pretty good if Welker plays even half of the season. Obviously I have some work to do to fill in for him while he is out.your top two are outstanding (if they stick with Moore, but who knows with Fox) huge dropoff to Burleson though imo. I'm not real comfortable with him this year with a gimped up Hasslebeck, an underachieving Seneca Wallace, or perhaps a rookie throwing him the ball.

1.14 - DeAngelo Williams - RB10 - Car John Fox is loyal to a fault, as long as he is in Carolina DWill will be the starter.

2.03 - Peyton Manning - QB3 - Ind I got burned in the PDSL last year waiting on a QB, got stuck with Cutler and worse backups.

3.14 - Shonn Greene - RB16 - NYJ High risk/reward pick TJ is 33 next year.

4.03 - Mike Sims Walker - WR19 - Jax Rumor has it you need receivers in this league. He finally stayed healthy last year.

5.14 - Kellen Winslow II - TE10 - TB 2PPR I needed a TE, looked good with Freeman.

6.03 - Ronnie Brown - RB26 - Mia I thought this was steeling.

7.14 - Julian Edelman - WR40 - NE All depends on Welker

8.03 - Jeremy Shockey - TE16 - NO I don't think you can have enough good TEs in this format.

So Far:

Peyton Manning

DeAngelo Williams

Shonn Greene

Ronnie Brown

Mike Sims Walker

Julian Edelman

Kellen Winslow II

Jeremy Shockey

I like this team sor far I need receiver help, but pretty damn solid everywhere else
I like the Greene pick but to be clear TJ is 32 in August, not 33.Ronnie Brown was a guy I was also targeting. Good pick

Feels like I haven't picked in a week so, I'll throw some thoughts around while I catch up, look back and look ahead....

Mostly preaching to the choir but, we all realize doing these that your draft spot is going to dictate which players are available to you - For instance, picking here at the end, there's no chance of starting with a 1st tier RB. You get 1 shot at a top QB.. And Pray for a top teir WR.

I like starting with a top TE in these and it seems like TE's have crept up - For a top 3 TE it was now or never BUT, looking back I do like the depth and value of the TE's guys grabbed later on so, we'll see how I feel when it comes to PDSL and my draft spot...

So round by round.....

1.15 Randy Moss WR NE

Yes, he's on the much hated Patriots but, looking past that, the guy had a seperated shoulder and had a QB coming off major injury and still put up top WR numbers - IMO, Moss can easily be the Best WR in this thing... Fitz has his QB issues, Wayne is now one of like 6 great options for Peyton.... I like Moss and AJ as 1-2.... No Brainer Pick here and when we look at how the draft played out, it's obvious that the RB tier was done and the WR tier was on to tier 2... Can't even name a player drafted after me that I would rather have other than.....

2.2 Antonio Gates...

Like I said, there was TE value to have later on but, Gates is pretty much as good a guarantee in this as there is and I believe I just locked down 2 of the top 8 non-QB scorers in this league last year.

Now you sit back and watch the guys at the top slobber over all the value they can add to a top RBs... Top QB options and top TE options are there for the picking and the RB deprived hold on hoping the next RB tier doesn't get snapped up but, alas I'm left with....

3.15 Knowshon Moreno RB DEN

Not bad - I like Moreno, Denver in general is scaring me right now but, I seem to have a full time back who's a #### to tackle. He also finished up as the 18th or so RB last year and should Improve so, I think I got decent value given my options here.. Loved Forte if he fell and liked Benson or Ocho if they fell. Thought about Santonio Holmes.

4.02 Big Ben Rothlisberger....

Real tough here for this draft spot - Deep down, I'm someone who waits on QB but, with the long wait and QB run coming I had to think a bit here.... I reluctantly went for the QB... Santonio Holmes would have tempted me a bit more if he got by Thom... Looking at the draft, I'm ok with the pick because all the other QB's I liked were gone by my next pick... Really hard to judge and hope for QB value later from this spot.... This pick was a good move IMO and done out of necessity more than anything else.

5.15 Braylon Edwards WR NYJ

It's either WR or RB here for me and I really like what Thom did with Barber and Jones two guys who will put up some numbers and work well together in this format - Where Thom Zigged, I zagged and got two WR"s, Brayon and Garcon.. I'll add Ronnie Brown to the guys I considered.... I do like Braylon as a homer though, Rex loves him and says he works his tail off so, I think he and Sanchez are going to work a lot this offseason and we'll probably see the Jets take more shots downfield next year - Probably not a consistent scorer but good enough for this format. I would take Braylon over Cotchery on the Jets for the upside, might be just me.

6.02 Pierre Garcon WR IND

Probably biased after suffering from nightmares of Garcon catching another ball Vs the Jets in the Championship Game, even though it was against their 4th string CB (ughh). Guy was lights out and looked like a tier 1 WR - How can Indy not have this guy at WR2 next year? Though there are lots of targets in that offense, I probably like Garcon in this format moreso than if I needed to spot start him.

GREAT TE VALUE WENT IN THIS ROUND - Is this something I change up for next draft????

Also loves the Kenny Britt pick at the other end... Also Considered McCoy here another guy who's value will probably creep up.

7.15 Donald Brown RB IND

Time to make up on my RB depth - I like Brown and obviously I'm hoping he gets more of the pie next year. I do have to think here if I was better off taking Thomas Jones last go around.

* If I knew Terrel Owens would have made it this far, I would probably make a trade... I would take the Gamble on Owens....

Truth be told I penciled in Darren Sproles and CJ Spiller who went later in the other draft - Donald Brown was a scramble and a backup plan.... Hated to see those guys go. Loved the certainty of Sproles putting up numbers and LT gone plus the swing for the fence for Spiller who will probably creep up these drafts later on and become Great Value... Uggggh!!!!

8.02 Ricky Williams RB MIA

Still scrambling from no CJ or Spoles.... BUT, He was a top 10 scoring RB last year. At RB 38 I can't complain. I was willing to take a harder swing on Spiller though. Sounds like it's Ricky's last year. Miami has a good OL, some decent play calling and possibly better QB play - Though I think the defense takes a step back. IMO Miami is the kind of team that will run regardless of the score. RW put up points with or without R Brown around.. If healthy he should blow away this Draft spot, again.

Overall, I'm happy and I think I drafted from the 15 spot pretty well - Also like Thom Yorkes team for picking on this end - haven't looked at all the teams but, I notice his more right next to me on the end and I believe Thom was on Twilights Top 10 ALL TIME Survivor League Ranking - Probably a Very underrated drafter over some of the more boistorous drafters around here. :lmao:

I'm drooling over some of the value still on the board and waiting waiting waiting for my next pick. I love about 10 players here with 16 or so picks to go :lmao:

Overall, I'm happy and I think I drafted from the 15 spot pretty well - Also like Thom Yorkes team for picking on this end - haven't looked at all the teams but, I notice his more right next to me on the end and I believe Thom was on Twilights Top 10 ALL TIME Survivor League Ranking - Probably a Very underrated drafter over some of the more boistorous drafters around here. :lmao:

I'm drooling over some of the value still on the board and waiting waiting waiting for my next pick. I love about 10 players here with 16 or so picks to go :lmao:
Where's this Top 10 list?

Overall, I'm happy and I think I drafted from the 15 spot pretty well - Also like Thom Yorkes team for picking on this end - haven't looked at all the teams but, I notice his more right next to me on the end and I believe Thom was on Twilights Top 10 ALL TIME Survivor League Ranking - Probably a Very underrated drafter over some of the more boistorous drafters around here. :lol:

I'm drooling over some of the value still on the board and waiting waiting waiting for my next pick. I love about 10 players here with 16 or so picks to go :kicksrock:
Why, Thanks for asking Jeff ;) It was mentioned HERE

I've gone through the records of all the leagues and have recorded the finishes 1-16 in all of them(I've had some time while I'm visiting my brother in Utah) and I'll post the full list in a couple of days. Of those who have competed in 10 or more (to counter those who played once and made it far, like Grouse, Rudy has the title of highest average finish (5.73). My 3 2nd place finishes this year definitely helped me to 2nd at 6.04. Capt Hook is 3rd at 6.11

But I will say that Rudy has done that with no 2-4 place finishes, just his 4 1sts. I have 10 1st-4ths and Hook has 9.

The rest of the top 10 are Thom Yorke, Hear the footsteps, Jeter23, Wraith5, Reaper, Family Matters, Jmills, and Blue Kun.

Reaper said:
Jeff Pasquino said:
Reaper said:

I'm drooling over some of the value still on the board and waiting waiting waiting for my next pick. I love about 10 players here with 16 or so picks to go :)

I've gone through the records of all the leagues and have recorded the finishes 1-16 in all of them(I've had some time while I'm visiting my brother in Utah) and I'll post the full list in a couple of days. Of those who have competed in 10 or more (to counter those who played once and made it far, like Grouse, Rudy has the title of highest average finish (5.73). My 3 2nd place finishes this year definitely helped me to 2nd at 6.04. Capt Hook is 3rd at 6.11

But I will say that Rudy has done that with no 2-4 place finishes, just his 4 1sts. I have 10 1st-4ths and Hook has 9.

The rest of the top 10 are Thom Yorke, Hear the footsteps, Jeter23, Wraith5, Reaper, Family Matters, Jmills, and Blue Kun.
Top 5! I had no idea!! :lmao:

Reaper said:
Overall, I'm happy and I think I drafted from the 15 spot pretty well - Also like Thom Yorkes team for picking on this end - haven't looked at all the teams but, I notice his more right next to me on the end and I believe Thom was on Twilights Top 10 ALL TIME Survivor League Ranking - Probably a Very underrated drafter over some of the more boistorous drafters around here. :lol:

I'm drooling over some of the value still on the board and waiting waiting waiting for my next pick. I love about 10 players here with 16 or so picks to go :rant:
Wow. That's cool. Being in the top 10 of all drafters in these leagues (which are as tough as any in the world, IMO) is really something.Generally, as many can attest, I'm more talkative in these drafts. However, I'm EXTREMELY distracted in a way I've never been distracted in early February before.

Why?

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHO DAT???????????????????????????????

GoBW (David) is in the hospital, but he's going to be fine. I just talked online with his wife, but he will need to be replaced.

I asked for him to stop by and check in once he is back on his feet.

Reaper said:
Jeff Pasquino said:
Reaper said:
Overall, I'm happy and I think I drafted from the 15 spot pretty well - Also like Thom Yorkes team for picking on this end - haven't looked at all the teams but, I notice his more right next to me on the end and I believe Thom was on Twilights Top 10 ALL TIME Survivor League Ranking - Probably a Very underrated drafter over some of the more boistorous drafters around here. ;)

I'm drooling over some of the value still on the board and waiting waiting waiting for my next pick. I love about 10 players here with 16 or so picks to go :X

Top 5! I had no idea!! :pickle:
We've had 3 3-time winners (Bicycle Seat Sniffer, Rudy, and myself). We now add two to that total (Capt Hook and Jeff Pasquino). The club still totals 3, however, as BSS and Rudy have gone on to another championship this year.top 10s are nice but this isnt NASCAR. Titles baby, titles

:coffee: :banned:

GoBW (David) is in the hospital, but he's going to be fine. I just talked online with his wife, but he will need to be replaced.I asked for him to stop by and check in once he is back on his feet.
I was afraid that was the case. Glad everything will work out. I'll work on a replacement.

I have pm's out to two guys who I think would do a good job helping out GoBW. Let's see how those pan out before going another direction.

I have pm's out to two guys who I think would do a good job helping out GoBW. Let's see how those pan out before going another direction.
I responded in the positive.OK to roll?

Yuppers. I made his last set of picks so he's current. He really needed a 2nd QB but the coffers were dry. May want to look there for his next pick.thanks for stepping in.

I keep in pretty close touch with "The Ghost" and he's shared the travails of his physical condition with me.

Perhaps it's because I've stood at the side of many six foot holes in the ground, contemplating my eventual demise, that I can relate to the trials this guy faces....as in ever day, and I appreciate him for sharing those with me....with us.

You talk about resilence and good attitude....'The Ghost" is a world class guy and a hero of mine.

There are 25,000 + guys registered to these boards and this guy has taught me a thing or two about life's trials, about what's possible in the way of facing pain and just plain pushing through it. Most of the guys (and gals) that play FFB are younger than GOBW and they don't know about the secrets he's passing out. They must think their gonna live forever.

Many thanks to "The Ghost" and I'm honored to pick up this flag and carry it into battle.

:goodposting: "There it goes again......."

8.16 Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Rookie - Gotta take some hacks for the fences at RB in these leagues, and Dwyer fits the bill. He's at least as talented as Shonn Greene and with good conditioning could become a Mendenhall/Benson. He will likely land in a lot better immediate situation than any of those backs did. Rookie RBs are value in WSLs, price goes way up after draft almost regardless of destination.

9.01 Vince Young, QB, TEN - The solid 2nd QB is a luxury, but a reasonably priced one when you can get one in the 9th. I was very pleased to land VY, who easily has 6th/7th round value in a 16 team league with his running ability and improved passing game and target quality in 2009. Chris Johnson's presence alone makes VY more dangerous as teams can't focus on him.

10.16 Jacoby Jones, WR, HOU - Had him targeted here all along. I don't see Kevin Walter returning, and even if he does, I think Jones will clearly overtake him in the pecking order. Big time big play talent coming along in a very productive passing game. mmm mmm.

11.01 Michael Bush, RB, OAK - Everyone can see he's the best runner between the tackles in Oakland. Hopefully Tom Cable or whomever replaces him will see that and Bush will end up being a steal in the 11th.

Schaub(2.16)/VY(9.01)

Chris Johnson(1.01)/RBush(6.16)/Dwyer(8.16)/MBush(11.01)

Cotchery(4.16)/Nicks(5.01)/Britt(7.01)/JacobyJones(10.16)

Witten (3.01)

Favorite Picks so far

1.10 Shadowfax - Michael Turner - RB8 - Atl - As hot as any RB in the league when he went down, offense is fertile for yards and TDs.

2.13 The Ghost of Bill Walsh - Vernon Davis - TE3 - SF - With TE premium and 16 teams, arguably a first-round value

3.09 BostonFred - Cedric Benson - RB13 - Cin - Bonafide stud RB, easily could have justified taking him at 2/3 turn, but taking RB2 early doesnt fit in my strategy.

4.12 Aaron Rudnicki - Michael Crabtree - WR22 - SF - Could become uberstud since he'll show up before week 6 this year and actually go through an NFL camp and offseason.

5.11 Jeff Pasquino - Jeremy Maclin - WR28 - Phi

5.12 Renesauz - Percy Harvin - WR29 - Min

5.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Kellen Winslow II - TE10 - TB

5.15 Reaper - Braylon Edwards - WR30 - NYJ - all great value picks, Maclin or Harvin could make DeSean like leap this year, Edwards is worth it for 5-7 top 10 weeks, and Winslow should put up #s with Freeman getting better.

All rookie RB picks so far - Price will surely go up as we get closer to draft, and value of a few will explode after draft.

7.15 Reaper - Donald Brown - RB37 - Ind - If he just does what he did before getting hurt in 09 and stays healthy, easily worth the pick, and comes with massive upside if Addai gets dinged.

8.13 The Ghost of Bill Walsh - Dez Bryant - WR51 - ROOKIE - as good as any rookie from this year's class, like RBs value will rise all Spring and spike after draft.

8.14 Valence - Antonio Bryant - WR49 - FA - FA pickins are slim, a team could bring him in to be #1 and had a good thing developing with Freeman if he returns to Tampa.

9.14 Yellow Line is Unofficial - Eddie Royal - WR56 - DEN - whole league seemed to have a brain fart here. Would have loved to take him at 8/9 turn, but didn't fit in draft plan.

10.02 Reaper - Josh Freeman - QB27 - TB

10.13 Toads - Jason Campbell - QB28 - DEN - should have been gone at least a round earlier. These teams got away with one getting an uncontested starting QB with upside in the 10th round.

Least Favorite Picks so far

1.08 Blue-Kun - Jonathan Stewart - RB7 - Car - no way this works out unless Williams gets hurt or traded. no way he should go before Williams.

2.06 Jeff Pasquino - Tom Brady - QB4 - NE - Declining Moss and Welker is no sure thing to start the season. Brady sure got beat up this year too, maybe the mojo has worn off.

3.05 Aaron Rudnicki - Ryan Grant - RB12 - GB

3.11 Jeff Pasquino - Matt Forte - RB14 - Chi

4.05 Renesauz - LeSean McCoy - RB19 - Phi

4.07 Shadowfax - Jerome Harrison - RB20 - CLE

4.09 Blue Ken - Steve Slaton - RB21 - HOU - don't hate these picks, but at least 2 or 3 of these guys will have smaller roles than they have now because of rookies or free agent signings. There were plenty of very solid WR investments with equal upside at a more crucial position available instead of exposing a premium pick on a player whose value could deflate between now and week 1.

5.07 BusMan - Kyle Orton - QB13 - Den

5.09 BostonFred - Matt Leinart - QB14 - Arz - Totally uninspiring QB1s, could have gotten same risk/reward ratio at QB for at least 2-3 more rounds, more valuable WR/TEs still on the board.

3.11 Jeff Pasquino - Matt Forte - RB14 - Chi
No value here as RB14? Who would you have taken above Forte?I think he's underrated (and mind you I think was a day before Martz was signed - but I don't think that hurts him in PPR)
More stable value at WR, but since you went WR/WR you were pretty much hemmed in at RB - no obvious better choice at RB, just saying that some of those 3rd/4th RBs who dont have a 100% hold on the job will lose value by September because of new addition to their team, and Forte definitely qualifies.

4.05 Renesauz - LeSean McCoy - RB19 - Phi
This pick could pay off no?
It could pay off, but the Eagles could also do something like bring in Chester Taylor to play most of Westbrook's role or otherwise stick with a multiback attack, not to mention drafting a power back to take the short yardage and goal line work. The Eagles commitment to the run is also dubious and its not automatic that Kolb/McNabb will have the same kind of reliance on McCoy that McNabb had on Westbrook. McCoy struggled in pass pro and danced too much this year. Unlike Wells and Greene, who showed the skills to hang, McCoy didn't seem ready for a bigger role as the year went on. I like the raw talent, but there's no guarantee that he'll even be the primary back for the Eagles in week 1. Upside, yes, but plenty of risk to go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread