What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow - 8.17.21 Waived By Jacksonville (2 Viewers)

It could be zero fantasy points in Week 9 if he gets benched. That's my concern right now. I'm not going to lie - I'm a scared spitless Tebow owner. I don't know what to do with the guy.
I don't see him getting benched unless he starts putting up Ryan Leaf-type numbers and the home crowd actually starts calling for Brady Quinn.Denver is going to see this through to the bitter end.

It could be zero fantasy points in Week 9 if he gets benched. That's my concern right now. I'm not going to lie - I'm a scared spitless Tebow owner. I don't know what to do with the guy.
I don't see him getting benched unless he starts putting up Ryan Leaf-type numbers and the home crowd actually starts calling for Brady Quinn.Denver is going to see this through to the bitter end.
They really need to leave the guy out there long enough for SD and the NYJets to destroy him and silence the tebowners forever.

I get that Tebow is a viable fantasy starter right now, and a lot of people don't care if he is the next great Pro Bowl QB. But they should. Because his floor is zero. Zero fantasy points, if Brady Quinn is starting week 12.
I felt he should have been pulled last week. This is probably a bad analogy, but if you have a young starting pitcher that is learning, if he has given up 15 runs in three innings, you pull him.First quarter, I was laughing. 4th quarter, I wanted to run out there, and help him off the field. Haven't felt sympathy like that for a Broncos player in a long time.
I thought he should've been pulled too. I'm no Kyle Orton fan but at no point in his time with Denver has Orton been that bad. Even against the Chargers he was playing much better than Tebow did last week. It's pretty obvious Fox and Elway were right when they said Orton gives the Broncos their best chance to win. He's by far the superior QB. But they caved to public pressure and went with Tebow. The only question at this point that I can see is how much longer will they stick with him?
That Green Bay game was pretty awful until garbage time; that's how Tebow got to start...

Everyone focuses on Tebow's arm strength and accuracy but the downfall for him is intelligence. If he were smart he'd be able to overcome those weaknesses by being able to read defenses. At this point, and his Wonderlic supports this, it doesn't look like he has the head to be an NFL quarterback. I said it before and I'll say it again, the only chance he has is by playing in a simple shotgun spread offense. I said he has a chance not that he would succeed. He will not succeed under center. He's running 79.7% of the plays from shotgun and that number should be 100%. People are arguing with me and saying I'm backing him but I'm not, all I'm saying is that any competent coach would know there's no reason for him to ever be under center unless he's in victory formation.
I agree with you 99%. I have mentioned the shotgun situationt multiple times on our podcast and was written about here:Sportscasters At TSB Battle Over Tim Tebow In Their Sports Podcast

He definitely doesn't fit as a prototypical quarterback, by any means, from what we have seen thus far. He does seem to have trouble making the correct reads and having everyone spread out and in shotgun will help that situation. A lot of people like to say that he gets all his numbers in trash time. I consider trash time to be when the opponent is running prevent defense. Houston and San Diego last year, along with Miami this year... they weren't playing prevent. What changed was that Tebow was running a hurry-up offense from the shotgun - just like he did at Florida. That is where he is comfortable. When you have a full offseason to get him up-to-speed in this vanilla offense, maybe he can be effective then. But for now, if Denver actually wants to win (and I'm beginning to wonder), they need to do what Shnikies (love the Tommy Boy reference, btw) said and go 100% shotgun. Not to say you're wrong, but where did you get 79.7% from? That seems kind of high to me, but I could be wrong. Either way, as you said, it should be 100%.

I like the Wonderlic and it's a tried and true method of finding out whether or not a quarterback is mentally capable of playing at the NFL level - it isn't perfect, though. Tim Tebow, reportedly, scored a 22 out of 50. In comparison, Jim Kelly and Dan Marino each scored 15. Matt Leinart also scored a 35, Brian Griese a 39, Alex Smith a 40... definitely not perfect. The more accurate assessment is the 26/27/60 rule, but that isn't even perfect - as proven by Cam Newton. He failed the rule because he only played in 14 games in college. On the flip side, Matt Leinert passed this rule. It isn't perfect, but much closer than the Wonderlic alone.

People can complain all they want about Tebow, but there are only three choices in Denver - Tebow, Orton, or Quinn. That said, let's take a look at the 3 Denver quarterbacks and put the 26/27/60 rule to work.

Tim Tebow - Wonderlic = 22 / Starts = 41 (Played in 55) / Completion Percentage = 66.45%

Kyle Orton - Wonderlic = 26 / Starts = 37 / Completion Percentage = 60.7%

Brady Quinn - Wonderlic = 29 / Starts = 48 / Completion Percentage = 58.9%

Pretty close playing field with these guys. Yes, Kyle Orton is the only one to pass, but look at Tebow's completion percentage running the spread.... not too shabby. Combine that with being a "winner" and I give the edge to Tebow. And yes, I am well-aware I made a point for the other side. :wall:

I blasted the guy in college and it blew my mind when Denver took him in the first round. However, I have gotten so tired of hearing the same regurgitated crap about him, I have become an avid Tim Tebow supporter. Maybe it's Meril Hodge's analysis of his horrific accuracy, that everyone seemed to latch on to. Maybe it's what I have seen in the games he played in 2010 and 2011. Maybe it's just to make people mad and start a ruckus. Whatever the reason, I support the guy to the end. Consider me the Skip Bayless of TSB, on the subject.

Everyone focuses on Tebow's arm strength and accuracy but the downfall for him is intelligence. If he were smart he'd be able to overcome those weaknesses by being able to read defenses. At this point, and his Wonderlic supports this, it doesn't look like he has the head to be an NFL quarterback. I said it before and I'll say it again, the only chance he has is by playing in a simple shotgun spread offense. I said he has a chance not that he would succeed. He will not succeed under center. He's running 79.7% of the plays from shotgun and that number should be 100%. People are arguing with me and saying I'm backing him but I'm not, all I'm saying is that any competent coach would know there's no reason for him to ever be under center unless he's in victory formation.
I agree with you 99%. I have mentioned the shotgun situationt multiple times on our podcast and was written about here:Sportscasters At TSB Battle Over Tim Tebow In Their Sports Podcast

He definitely doesn't fit as a prototypical quarterback, by any means, from what we have seen thus far. He does seem to have trouble making the correct reads and having everyone spread out and in shotgun will help that situation. A lot of people like to say that he gets all his numbers in trash time. I consider trash time to be when the opponent is running prevent defense. Houston and San Diego last year, along with Miami this year... they weren't playing prevent. What changed was that Tebow was running a hurry-up offense from the shotgun - just like he did at Florida. That is where he is comfortable. When you have a full offseason to get him up-to-speed in this vanilla offense, maybe he can be effective then. But for now, if Denver actually wants to win (and I'm beginning to wonder), they need to do what Shnikies (love the Tommy Boy reference, btw) said and go 100% shotgun. Not to say you're wrong, but where did you get 79.7% from? That seems kind of high to me, but I could be wrong. Either way, as you said, it should be 100%.

I like the Wonderlic and it's a tried and true method of finding out whether or not a quarterback is mentally capable of playing at the NFL level - it isn't perfect, though. Tim Tebow, reportedly, scored a 22 out of 50. In comparison, Jim Kelly and Dan Marino each scored 15. Matt Leinart also scored a 35, Brian Griese a 39, Alex Smith a 40... definitely not perfect. The more accurate assessment is the 26/27/60 rule, but that isn't even perfect - as proven by Cam Newton. He failed the rule because he only played in 14 games in college. On the flip side, Matt Leinert passed this rule. It isn't perfect, but much closer than the Wonderlic alone.

People can complain all they want about Tebow, but there are only three choices in Denver - Tebow, Orton, or Quinn. That said, let's take a look at the 3 Denver quarterbacks and put the 26/27/60 rule to work.

Tim Tebow - Wonderlic = 22 / Starts = 41 (Played in 55) / Completion Percentage = 66.45%

Pretty close playing field with these guys. Yes, Kyle Orton is the only one to pass, but look at Tebow's completion percentage running the spread.... not too shabby. Combine that with being a "winner" and I give the edge to Tebow. And yes, I am well-aware I made a point for the other side. :wall:

I blasted the guy in college and it blew my mind when Denver took him in the first round. However, I have gotten so tired of hearing the same regurgitated crap about him, I have become an avid Tim Tebow supporter. Maybe it's Meril Hodge's analysis of his horrific accuracy, that everyone seemed to latch on to. Maybe it's what I have seen in the games he played in 2010 and 2011. Maybe it's just to make people mad and start a ruckus. Whatever the reason, I support the guy to the end. Consider me the Skip Bayless of TSB, on the subject.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/11/01/shotgun-stats-say-broncos-molding-offense-specifically-for-tebow/10503/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

But they caved to public pressure and went with Tebow. The only question at this point that I can see is how much longer will they stick with him?
Until they begin to lose the locker room by putting a guy out there on a weekly basis who the other players know doesn't give them the best chance to win. I don't know if any of that grumbling has started yet or not.There are other players on the team besides Tebow, after all.

I know what you mean.I would not call myself an "avid supporter" but I have been a FF believer (largely based on what he did the end of last year and 2 weeks ago).

I heard it on the radio - someone on ESPN radio so perplexed with how this guy won the game it was almost funny. It was like he was complimenting and insulting him at the same time and I don't even know how you do that.

Then there was someone on the NFL channel lambasting him for his late completion to Fells inside the 10 which led to the winning scores and the commentator was sputtering as he explained how awful this completed, clutch, near game winning pass was.

And yes, Hodge, and now Cowher. X100.

Tebow makes a mockery of the game right? Guess what folks this glorified game of foot-ball is still rugby at its heart; move the ball forward behind the scrum with the added advantage of throwing the ball forward and it does not matter how it happens. And then do that across the goal line more than the other team.

He is 2-3 as Denver starter. Denver is 4-14 when he is not the starter.

God I wish Fire Joe Morgan was still around so I could see them eviscerate moronic references to Tebow's grittastic clutchiness

I know what you mean.I would not call myself an "avid supporter" but I have been a FF believer (largely based on what he did the end of last year and 2 weeks ago).

I heard it on the radio - someone on ESPN radio so perplexed with how this guy won the game it was almost funny. It was like he was complimenting and insulting him at the same time and I don't even know how you do that.

Then there was someone on the NFL channel lambasting him for his late completion to Fells inside the 10 which led to the winning scores and the commentator was sputtering as he explained how awful this completed, clutch, near game winning pass was.

Tebow makes a mockery of the game right? Guess what folks this glorified game of foot-ball is still rugby at its heart; move the ball forward behind the scrum with the added advantage of throwing the ball forward and it does not matter how it happens. And then do that across the goal line more than the other team.

Tebow doesn't make a mockery of the game. He makes a mockery of people that believe he can be a long-term viable NFL starter.

http://blogs.denverp..._medium=twitter
Good article! Thanks for that!

If you're wondering how you do that, refer to Brett Favre's comments on Aaron Rodgers. :rolleyes: Exactly. Who cares how it gets done, as long as it gets done. 100% fast-paced shotgun, with a lot of no-huddle. That's how you win with Tebow - PERIOD. Just do it Denver!

And there it is.

Yeah, I'm tired of the same ol' crap from all the analysts that refuse to give him any credit. Plenty of quarterbacks throw plenty of bad passes in a game. Every one of Tebow's is poked and prodded more than a Vegas call-girl. It's ridiculous. No it isn't always pretty. No they aren't always on target. But he throw some really good ones in there too (refer to Miami game in 4th quarter).

Yeah, I'm tired of the same ol' crap from all the analysts that refuse to give him any credit.
I know, it's shameful they way they all gang up on him.
Yes, it is. Don't get me wrong, I don't hold back on bashing anyone that deserves it. I just think it's way too early in his career to gang up on him. Not everyone can jump into the league like Cam Newton. If he was a big d bag like Russell or Leaf, I would join the crowd. I give good people extra time before I rain in on their parade.

Yeah, I'm tired of the same ol' crap from all the analysts that refuse to give him any credit.
I know, it's shameful they way they all gang up on him.
Yes, it is. Don't get me wrong, I don't hold back on bashing anyone that deserves it. I just think it's way too early in his career to gang up on him. Not everyone can jump into the league like Cam Newton. If he was a big d bag like Russell or Leaf, I would join the crowd. I give good people extra time before I rain in on their parade.
This is the reason they invented this emoticon: :whoosh:

Plenty of quarterbacks throw plenty of bad passes in a game. Every one of Tebow's is poked and prodded more than a Vegas call-girl. It's ridiculous.
Perhaps a league where everyone gets a medal would be more appropriate for him?
HAHA! Good one! That's totally not what I'm saying, though. Matt Ryan was expected to explode this year, having Roddy and Julio, but he hasn't. Frankly, it hasn't been pretty. Brees came off a huge performance the prior week to give a not-so-breeslike performance this past Sunday. Tom Brady? Yeah... he didn't have a great day either. Sanchez? Flacco? Quite a few bad games this year. But Tim Tebow comes back in the 4th quarter of the Miami game TO GET THE WIIN and gets bashed for his play in the first 55 minutes of the game. Then he gets ripped up by a team that has been touted as one of the best throughout the season, with one of the best defensive lines in the league... going against a 2-win team with the youngest offensive line (and one of the worst) in the league... "Oh. Everyone's analysis was correct!" Give me a break...

Plenty of quarterbacks throw plenty of bad passes in a game. Every one of Tebow's is poked and prodded more than a Vegas call-girl. It's ridiculous.
HAHA! Good one! That's totally not what I'm saying, though. Matt Ryan was expected to explode this year, having Roddy and Julio, but he hasn't. Frankly, it hasn't been pretty. Brees came off a huge performance the prior week to give a not-so-breeslike performance this past Sunday. Tom Brady? Yeah... he didn't have a great day either. Sanchez? Flacco? Quite a few bad games this year. But Tim Tebow comes back in the 4th quarter of the Miami game TO GET THE WIIN and gets bashed for his play in the first 55 minutes of the game. Then he gets ripped up by a team that has been touted as one of the best throughout the season, with one of the best defensive lines in the league... going against a 2-win team with the youngest offensive line (and one of the worst) in the league... "Oh. Everyone's analysis was correct!" Give me a break...
wow - I didn't know QBs got free passes for playing like crap in 92% of a game against a winless team - what were they thinking??

Peyton Manning also does best when he plays in a shotgun, spread offense. Is that because he "isn't very smart"? With all due respect, but making a judgement on a player's ability to read defenses and make smart decisions after 5 career starts is really premature. I can remember Brett Favre's first year as a starter--he made a lot of mistakes and forced alot of balls that resulted in INTs. He turned out to become a pretty good QB. People who think they can make these kinds of judgements on such a small body of work are either naive or excessively arrogant.

But Tim Tebow comes back in the 4th quarter of the Miami game TO GET THE WIIN and gets bashed for his play in the first 55 minutes of the game.
It's looking like that game said a lot more about the DOLPHINS than it did about Tebow and the Broncos.It's pretty clear that you would jump off a bridge if Tebow asked you to, but either you haven't watched his play at all over the last two weeks... or you are blinded by your faith from what you've seen in South Florida.

Switching gears... How lucky is Brandon Lloyd! :excited:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said it in another thread and I'll say it here: The vociferous defenders of Tebow are perplexing to me. I always felt like Tebow was a project-type of guy for the NFL, but one with huge upside potential. He should have been a 3rd or 4th round pick by a team with an OK QB situation for the immediate future. That would enable them to completely deconstruct the guy's throwing motion and rebuild it (we can make him stronger, faster, ...). Assuming the guy's got the smarts to be an NFL QB (and I don't know if he does or doesn't, but will assume he does), he's got the physical package. All he needs to do is learn how to properly throw the football and how to read a defense and make his progressions.

But he spent absolutely no time during the offseason working on what he needed to work on. Instead he lifted the crap out of some weights all the time. That's great, but that's not "getting better" or "working hard". At some level I think the guy's a victim of his own physical gifts. He managed to play QB at the highest level in college with atrocious mechanics in a watered-down, simple system because he was/is so gifted physically. He's never had to actually "work hard" at being a QB. He's just "worked hard" at the stuff he's already good at instead of the stuff he really needs to "work hard" at.

In short he is absolutely no better in his 2nd year in the NFL than he was his freshman year of college. I know. I had to watch him shred my conference like he was toying with it for 3 years as a starter.

I can't really tell if he has a strong arm or not. It takes him so damn long between deciding to throw and actually releasing the ball that it's almost impossible for me to discern whether his arm is actually weak or if it just seems that way because he's always late with the throw. Look at Cam as a counter. He may not always make smart decisions, but when he decides to throw the football it is gone in a hurry. Eli is a guy who's been brought up in this thread, but he always had a quick release of the ball. It's not purely a function of "holding it too long", it's a function of the length of time (and of arm movement) between deciding to throw it and actually throwing it. Coaches know they can work with a guy who has a quick release.

Finally, his fantasy "production" brings up a far greater topic, IMO. I think scoring for QBs in fantasy needs to be significantly changed to reflect the realities of the new NFL. Honestly, whether you love Tebow or hate him, his performance Sunday was absolutely atrocious. Using Dodds' stats, he was the 11th best QB in fantasyland last week. Does ANYONE think that's an accurate measure of his performance? Can a guy be both a QB1 AND the catalyst for the top Team Defense at the same time?

They really need to leave the guy out there long enough for SD and the NYJets to destroy him and silence the tebowners forever.
:popcorn: :popcorn: I can't wait for this game.

'duaneok66 said:
'TSB-Rollin said:
'fatness said:
wow - I didn't know QBs got free passes for playing like crap in 92% of a game against a winless team - what were they thinking??
There was a reason why I prefaced my Tebow comment with the other quarterbacks... because they HAVE gotten a pass. How much do we hear about the other guys and how much do we hear about Tebow? It's pretty lop-sided. Sanchez didn't look good throughout his playoff wins, but he helped them come back for the win and he was praised - not bashed like Tebow. That is my point. Not that he should have a free pass.Sheesh. Some of you guys should be in the media the way you flip people's comments. :rolleyes:

Detroit Game

Unofficial breakdown of shotgun vs. under center

Shotgun

Passing: 15-28 141 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 5 dropped passes, 6 sacks, 1 Fumble

Rushing: 8 carries 51 yards

Under Center

Passing: 3-11 31 yards, 1 dropped pass, 1 sack

Rushing: 1 carry 12 yards

FWIW, following the first possession, Tebow lined up under center on first and second down for three straight possessions.

'TSB-Rollin said:
'duaneok66 said:
'TSB-Rollin said:
'fatness said:
'TSB-Rollin said:
There was a reason why I prefaced my Tebow comment with the other quarterbacks... because they HAVE gotten a pass. How much do we hear about the other guys and how much do we hear about Tebow? It's pretty lop-sided. Sanchez didn't look good throughout his playoff wins, but he helped them come back for the win and he was praised - not bashed like Tebow. That is my point. Not that he should have a free pass.Sheesh. Some of you guys should be in the media the way you flip people's comments. :rolleyes:
Sanchez is horrible - bad example.

'TSB-Rollin said:
There was a reason why I prefaced my Tebow comment with the other quarterbacks...
Your MAN-LOVE for "St. Tebow" is well documented... please don't feel pressured to pretend to make a point. Just shout it from the mountain tops my brother!Gotta hand it to Elway and Fox; start Tebow, giving the fans what they (think they) want, and at the same time virtually guarantee that you stay firmly in the hunt for Andrew Luck.BRILLIANT!

So fast-forward to the point where every team in the NFL becomes convinced Tebow will never be an NFL quarterback.

Can he realistically convert to another position? He does have extraordinary athletic ability. I don't think anyone would debate that. The "true fullback" position is almost extinct these days, so let's look elsewhere. Tight end? Slot receiver? Sam LB, where he can provide run support and shadow the TE?

Or does he just retire and build a church at that point?

So fast-forward to the point where every team in the NFL becomes convinced Tebow will never be an NFL quarterback.Can he realistically convert to another position? He does have extraordinary athletic ability. I don't think anyone would debate that. The "true fullback" position is almost extinct these days, so let's look elsewhere. Tight end? Slot receiver? Sam LB, where he can provide run support and shadow the TE?Or does he just retire and build a church at that point?
Retires and builds a church. Lord knows he has yelled "Jesus Christ" on the field plenty of times this season. Great college career, but lacks the supporting cast in Denver to be a career pro. Now if he leaves Denver, that would be another issue - and what's to say that won't happen? Agree that he has the extrodinary athletic ability for sure and could be a viable weapom in another system... Would love to see him get it done in Denver as a Bronco fan, but I fear that he is done in Denver soon (maybe he can carry Orton's and Fox's luggage at DIA)...

So fast-forward to the point where every team in the NFL becomes convinced Tebow will never be an NFL quarterback.Can he realistically convert to another position? He does have extraordinary athletic ability. I don't think anyone would debate that. The "true fullback" position is almost extinct these days, so let's look elsewhere. Tight end? Slot receiver? Sam LB, where he can provide run support and shadow the TE?Or does he just retire and build a church at that point?
Seems to be built like a TE, but who knows if he can catch or not.He might carve out some years as a "Slash" type... comes in, and could line up anywhere, TE/WR/RB/QB.

Seems to be built like a TE, but who knows if he can catch or not.He might carve out some years as a "Slash" type... comes in, and could line up anywhere, TE/WR/RB/QB.
I agree with this. Even if he bombs as a full-timer, he'd still be an effective change of pace around the goal line for a team like the Bills/Jets/Chiefs/etc. At team without a run threat at QB that struggles in goal to go situations. I think there's still a place for him in specific situations.

What are the chances this guy gets benched during the game this weekend? I might actually have to start him in one league. :X

What are the chances this guy gets benched during the game this weekend? I might actually have to start him in one league. :X
I'd put the odds at about 25% and that may be conservative. It could be as much as a 50-50 chance he gets benched considering how poorly he's played as well as Fox's comments all week, which hardly have been an endorsement of Tebow, and the fact Fox has already benched one QB during a game who was playing much better than Tebow's playing now. I think Tebow has the lowest floor of any QB starting this week and that includes guys like Matt Moore, Skelton and Feely (if he starts) because of the benching factor.

I'd bet money that Tebow doesn't get benched this week (barring injury of course).
I hope you're right because I'll be forced to start him in my Start-2 QB league if Bradford doesn't play. What's been striking to me this week is how Fox hasn't shown any support whatsoever for Tebow. All of his comments strongly indicate he doesn't believe in him and isn't committed to him. I'm willing to bet if you went to Jacksonville and asked Del Rio about Gabbert (who's also playing poorly) you'd hear strong words of endorsement and positive comments about how the team believes in Gabbert, how he's their guy etc. There hasn't been a single comment from Fox about Tebow being this team's starter and how they believe in him and are committed to him. He made those types of comments about Orton, but nothing about Tebow. I think that tells us a lot about where Tebow's at in Fox's eyes and why he's so risky from a fantasy perspective.

I have never seen a head coach who appears to want his QB to fail. Between Fox's comments and his play-calling, he appears he can't wait for Tebow to fall on his face. Which is odd, because Tebow is probably the only person who can save Fox's job.

I have never seen a head coach who appears to want his QB to fail. Between Fox's comments and his play-calling, he appears he can't wait for Tebow to fall on his face. Which is odd, because Tebow is probably the only person who can save Fox's job.
Fox isn't going anywhere. It's his first season. He and Elway have plenty of job security in my opinion. I agree, though, that Fox doesn't seem invested in Tebow succeeding. Certainly, there's nothing from the comments I've seen that indicates a strong belief in Tebow. That's been the case for months so it isn't really surprising. But I am still taken aback that Fox can't even fake some belief in Tebow. Nearly every head coach will do that but Fox appears to be radically opposed to pronouncing any faith or belief in Tebow.

Fox isn't going anywhere. It's his first season. He and Elway have plenty of job security in my opinion. I agree, though, that Fox doesn't seem invested in Tebow succeeding. Certainly, there's nothing from the comments I've seen that indicates a strong belief in Tebow. That's been the case for months so it isn't really surprising. But I am still taken aback that Fox can't even fake some belief in Tebow. Nearly every head coach will do that but Fox appears to be radically opposed to pronouncing any faith or belief in Tebow.
he is just confirming how bad Tebow is.

he is just confirming how bad Tebow is.
I don't necessarily disagree but it still runs contrary to how nearly every head coach at any level would handle a starting player and especially a starting quarterback. I think it's really quite bizarre.

I have never seen a head coach who appears to want his QB to fail. Between Fox's comments and his play-calling, he appears he can't wait for Tebow to fall on his face.
The facts do not support this claim in any way, shape, or form. Fox has gone out of his way to accommodate Tebow, going so far as to allow Tebow to play his preferred formation (shotgun) in situations that clearly called for him to take the snap under center.

I have never seen a head coach who appears to want his QB to fail. Between Fox's comments and his play-calling, he appears he can't wait for Tebow to fall on his face.
The facts do not support this claim in any way, shape, or form. Fox has gone out of his way to accommodate Tebow, going so far as to allow Tebow to play his preferred formation (shotgun) in situations that clearly called for him to take the snap under center.
Most of the play calling in the first half had Tebow under center first and second down, then in shotgun on third and long. I would not call that going out of his way. Fox wants Tebow to prove he is a pocket passer. He's the coach, and if that is the style he wants, fine. But Fox is not making many accommodations for Tebow.

He took snaps under center on first and second down for the Broncos' 2nd, 3rd and 4th possessions against the Lions (I'm not sure about after that). The facts support this claim in every way, shape and form.

Most of the play calling in the first half had Tebow under center first and second down, then in shotgun on third and long.
False.
Code:
    1-10-DEN 20 (15:00) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow up the middle to DEN 25 for 5 yards (99-C.Williams).    1-10-DEN 35 (13:49) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass short left to 87-E.Decker ran ob at DEN 49 for 14 yards.    1-10-DEN 49 (13:26) (Shotgun) 35-L.Ball right guard to DET 17 for 34 yards (42-A.Spievey).    2-14-DET 21 (11:34) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass incomplete deep right to 87-E.Decker. Denver challenged the incomplete pass ruling, and the play was Upheld.    1-10-DEN 36 (3:36) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow right end to DEN 39 for 3 yards (23-C.Houston; 79-W.Young).    3-6-DEN 24 (9:06) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass incomplete short left to 87-E.Decker (32-A.Berry).    1-10-DEN 20 (4:11) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow up the middle to DEN 26 for 6 yards (42-A.Spievey).    2-4-DEN 26 (3:36) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow right end to DEN 27 for 1 yard (79-W.Young).    3-3-DEN 27 (2:55) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass short left to 19-E.Royal to DEN 29 for 2 yards (21-E.Wright).    1-10-DEN 20 (:29) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass short right to 27-K.Moreno to DEN 25 for 5 yards (21-E.Wright).    2-5-DEN 25 (:21) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow sacked at DEN 18 for -7 yards (99-C.Williams). Penalty on DEN-78-R.Clady, Offensive Holding, declined.
3 out of the first 4 plays were from the shotgun for Pete's sake! :lmao: Do you just make stuff up in hopes that people won't call you on it??

He took snaps under center on first and second down for the Broncos' 2nd, 3rd and 4th possessions against the Lions (I'm not sure about after that). The facts support this claim in every way, shape and form.
The Broncos had 28 offensive snaps in the 1st half, and 16 of them were from the shotgun.http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011103006/2011/REG8/lions@broncos#menu=highlights&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

Most of the play calling in the first half had Tebow under center first and second down, then in shotgun on third and long.
False.
Code:
    1-10-DEN 20 (15:00) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow up the middle to DEN 25 for 5 yards (99-C.Williams).    1-10-DEN 35 (13:49) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass short left to 87-E.Decker ran ob at DEN 49 for 14 yards.    1-10-DEN 49 (13:26) (Shotgun) 35-L.Ball right guard to DET 17 for 34 yards (42-A.Spievey).    2-14-DET 21 (11:34) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass incomplete deep right to 87-E.Decker. Denver challenged the incomplete pass ruling, and the play was Upheld.    1-10-DEN 36 (3:36) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow right end to DEN 39 for 3 yards (23-C.Houston; 79-W.Young).    3-6-DEN 24 (9:06) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass incomplete short left to 87-E.Decker (32-A.Berry).    1-10-DEN 20 (4:11) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow up the middle to DEN 26 for 6 yards (42-A.Spievey).    2-4-DEN 26 (3:36) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow right end to DEN 27 for 1 yard (79-W.Young).    3-3-DEN 27 (2:55) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass short left to 19-E.Royal to DEN 29 for 2 yards (21-E.Wright).    1-10-DEN 20 (:29) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass short right to 27-K.Moreno to DEN 25 for 5 yards (21-E.Wright).    2-5-DEN 25 (:21) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow sacked at DEN 18 for -7 yards (99-C.Williams). Penalty on DEN-78-R.Clady, Offensive Holding, declined.
3 out of the first 4 plays were from the shotgun for Pete's sake! :lmao: Do you just make stuff up in hopes that people won't call you on it??
:lol:Denver Broncos at 08:331-10-DEN21 (8:33) T.Tebow pass incomplete short left to E.Royal.2-10-DEN21 (8:27) K.Moreno up the middle to DEN 23 for 2 yards (L.Jackson).3-8-DEN23 (7:51) (Shotgun) T.Tebow sacked at DEN 15 for -8 yards (C.Avril). FUMBLES (C.Avril), and recovers at DEN 15. T.Tebow to DEN 15 for no gain (D.Levy).4-16-DEN15 (7:35) B.Colquitt punts 48 yards to DET 37, Center-L.Paxton, fair catch by S.Logan.Denver Broncos at 04:521-10-DEN20 (4:52) K.Moreno up the middle to DEN 20 for no gain (J.Durant).2-10-DEN20 (4:18) T.Tebow pass deep left to E.Decker to DEN 36 for 16 yards (E.Wright).1-10-DEN36 (3:36) (Shotgun) T.Tebow right end to DEN 39 for 3 yards (C.Houston; W.Young).2-7-DEN39 (2:51) T.Tebow pass incomplete deep right to E.Royal.3-7-DEN39 (2:44) (Shotgun) T.Tebow sacked at DEN 34 for -5 yards (S.Tulloch).4-12-DEN34 (2:27) B.Colquitt punts 55 yards to DET 11, Center-L.Paxton, fair catch by S.Logan.Denver Broncos at 14:441-10-DEN20 (14:44) L.Ball left guard to DEN 23 for 3 yards (S.Tulloch).2-7-DEN23 (14:08) T.Tebow pass incomplete short left to J.Thomas.3-7-DEN23 (14:02) (Shotgun) T.Tebow pass incomplete deep left to D.Thomas.4-7-DEN23 (13:55) B.Colquitt punts 46 yards to DET 31, Center-L.Paxton, fair catch by S.Logan.Denver Broncos at 09:521-10-DEN20 (9:52) T.Tebow pass incomplete deep middle to E.Decker.2-10-DEN20 (9:45) K.Moreno up the middle to DEN 24 for 4 yards (S.Tulloch).3-6-DEN24 (9:06) (Shotgun) T.Tebow pass incomplete short left to E.Decker.4-6-DEN24 (9:02) B.Colquitt punts 53 yards to DET 23, Center-L.Paxton. S.Logan to DET 32 for 9 yards (D.Rosario).

The Broncos had 28 offensive snaps in the 1st half, and 16 of them were from the shotgun.http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011103006/2011/REG8/lions@broncos#menu=highlights&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay
You do understand taking 57.1% of snaps from shotgun is not a lot, correct? Orton took 56.3% of his snaps from shotgun when he was playing this year.

You do understand taking 57.1% of snaps from shotgun is not a lot, correct? Orton took 56.3% of his snaps from shotgun when he was playing this year.
You do understand that Orton's stats are for complete games and not the first half, correct?(Actually, you probably didn't understand that or else you wouldn't have posted this! :lol: )

Users who are viewing this thread