What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow - 8.17.21 Waived By Jacksonville (4 Viewers)

'fatness said:
'shnikies said:
I'm not defending Tebow's performance thus far but it's clear his only opportunity to succeed is in a shotgun spread offense almost exclusively.
Why should any NFL team start a QB who cannot play under center?
Easy. Because it's what the fans want, hands down. Every team is in it for 2 things: 1) win, 2) make money.They aren't doing any of #1 anytime soon with ANY of their QBs. It's a smart decision to get as much of #2 as possible.

I don't see why this is so difficult for you guys to understand. Think outside of your little boxes.
You just explained why Lindsay Lohan should start at QB.
It's entirely possible she could play QB better than Tebow.She certainly has plenty of experience playing in the spread formation.

'fatness said:
'shnikies said:
I'm not defending Tebow's performance thus far but it's clear his only opportunity to succeed is in a shotgun spread offense almost exclusively.
Easy. Because it's what the fans want, hands down. Every team is in it for 2 things: 1) win, 2) make money.They aren't doing any of #1 anytime soon with ANY of their QBs. It's a smart decision to get as much of #2 as possible.

I don't see why this is so difficult for you guys to understand. Think outside of your little boxes.
You just explained why Lindsay Lohan should start at QB.
It's entirely possible she could play QB better than Tebow.She certainly has plenty of experience playing in the spread formation.
I know she has not been able to play Tight End in quite a few years.

%26%2339%3Bfatness%26%2339%3B said:
%26%2339%3Bshnikies%26%2339%3B said:

Pretty sure there is a reason why you are not an NFL executive.
He's trying to help jersey sales. They gotta get those off the racks by December.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see what all the hate is about Tebow. He's started about 5 games in his NFL career. People act as if every other young QB will certainly progress, but that if Tebow can't do it now, than he's a lost cause.

The guy has talent. He has moxie. He can use his legs to break down defenses. His arm isn't near as bad as people make it out to be.

He's on a team in which he gets pressured a lot, a team with no running game, and the team decided to trade their best receiver when they gave him a shot.

Oh and his head coach has the offensive ingenuity of a brick.

I hope Tebow gets his chance. If he were to get yanked after 2 or 3 games, it would be really tragic, imo.

So who's starting Tebow today and if so who are you starting him over? If you're sitting him, who's starting ahead of him?
I'm starting him over Freeman this week with Newton on a bye. Freeman has been inconsistent and has a thumb injury on his throwing hand so I am rolling the dice with The Tebow Thing.He's done well in my league the last couple of weeks despite his struggles. If I can get just this one good week of production from him I will be really happy.
:popcorn: :yes:

Benched Tebow for Vick; started him ahead of McCoy. Didn't think he would outrush Vick - up to 119 yards now as the Broncos kill the clock with first downs on the ground. Nice play on the read option to scramble for 20 yards up the right sideline, the Raiders look confused about whether to cover him or McGahee....

Some of the sharks saw this developing

'Finless said:
If not I'm pretty sure Denver will be interested in Tebow.
Tebow ended up in the right hands and will be a stud for years. I feel like it's just become the popular thing to say: "He's not an NFL quarterback". They'll be a lot of crow eating and I'm pretty sure it won't be happening in this thread. Tebow's got winner written all over him. Denver has a bright future.
:thumbup: How many of the haters are ready for their serving of crow?

In my league Tebow sits as the #3 QB so far this week, with only two games left to play. I think its safe to say he'll finish as top 5.

He's definitely a fantasy QB1 as long as he's starting, and after this performance the Broncos would be stupid to bench him, next week or any time this year.

He made some bad throws but so did Palmer and so did Rivers (the two games I was watching). Tebow also made some good throws and a lot of great runs. His running also set up the HB sweeps that McGahee was running because the D was so focused on Tebow. I don't know if he can get better or not, but he is better than a lot of NFL QBs.

What a monster FF prospect. And Tebow will get better & better (over time).

If Denver doesn't get stubborn & stays creative, they could have one helluva productive QB (in time).

Tebow should get half of McGahee's fantasy points for that run.
:goodposting: That option read just FROZE the defensive end. He's the guy who would normally come crashing down on the RB.Once Foxy sees all of that on film, he'll really understand how to better utilize his new toy.

'Finless said:
Tebow ended up in the right hands and will be a stud for years. I feel like it's just become the popular thing to say: "He's not an NFL quarterback". They'll be a lot of crow eating and I'm pretty sure it won't be happening in this thread. Tebow's got winner written all over him. Denver has a bright future.
I'll eat my serving of crow this week. Sauce picante, please. We'll see what happens next week. I still think he's not a competent NFL QB. Putting up some nice fantasy numbers, though.

I am here to eat too - like Vick (as noted above)you have to respect what his running does to the defense.

I am rooting for the guy. There are a ton of jerks in the league and this guy - appears - to be of good character.

I'm going to Tebow naked now.

The thing I'm preaching with Tebow is patience. He'll get better & better. Tebow will likely be up & down, but this kid has tons of potential despite being a non-traditional QB.

That option read just FROZE the defensive end. He's the guy who would normally come crashing down on the RB.Once Foxy sees all of that on film, he'll really understand how to better utilize his new toy.
:goodposting: That read option has been huge 2 weeks in a row now becuase it has kept the defense honest. When the DE crashed down earlier today, TT kept it and ripped off a couple big runs. There are major issues with regard to playing as a pocket QB, but this is an important element Tebow brings to the table.

'Finless said:
I'll eat my serving of crow this week. Sauce picante, please. We'll see what happens next week. I still think he's not a competent NFL QB. Putting up some nice fantasy numbers, though.
He's not a complete QB yet as you say. But then again, not too many young QBs are. He CAN make any throw, but he just isn't consistent as a thrower. He is best as a thrower when he is rolling out and can buy extra time with his legs to survey the field. Personally, I would love to see them running more of a Pass/Rush Wildcat.

He's trying to help jersey sales. They gotta get those off the racks by December.
Sells jerseys and wins games. Yep, you're right, that's what he does.

:lmao: The guys sucks. His stats suck (I'm talking real football here). The raiders can't stop the run. Thus they lost. It's not like they are a top team. They aren't. I'll see you when he takes his beatdown vs the NYJ and lets see him keep up with the Chargers O.Remember Tebow is to shnikies as Vince Young is to the hairy scotsman. That one didn't end well.

:lmao: The guys sucks. His stats suck (I'm talking real football here). The raiders can't stop the run. Thus they lost. It's not like they are a top team. They aren't. I'll see you when he takes his beatdown vs the NYJ and lets see him keep up with the Chargers O.
Wow.

:lmao: The guys sucks. His stats suck (I'm talking real football here). The raiders can't stop the run. Thus they lost. It's not like they are a top team. They aren't. I'll see you when he takes his beatdown vs the NYJ and lets see him keep up with the Chargers O.
Wow.
In time. You do realize he is coming up against some real defenses in 4 of the next 5 weeks. See ya soon. It took a while to wipe out the scotsman and Vince Yooung. I'm in for the duration. It won't end well for Tebow and you. How soon you forget how bad he sucked last week. Funny.

Wow.
In time. You do realize he is coming up against some real defenses in 4 of the next 5 weeks. See ya soon. It took a while to wipe out the scotsman and Vince Yooung. I'm in for the duration. It won't end well for Tebow and you.
Hate! Hate! Hate!

Hate! Hate! Hate!
You confuse hate with reality.
FavreCo, with respect, you've made your point. We all get it. What purpose is served by commenting on every mistake Tebow makes or deriding every success as luck? As you say, we will indeed see in due time. The fact you feel compelled to post the same shtick at an incredible frequency doesn't further this debate.

Hate! Hate! Hate!
You confuse hate with reality.
Did you even watch the game?Tebow is a young QB learning on the fly. He is not your typical QB. In your eyes he won't have success unless he drop back and throws for 280 plus yards with a 65% completion percentage, and although he may have some games like that down the road it is not who he truly is.Just maybe you could see him as a young player who has loads of talent and he may end up being a starting NFL qb with the skills and gifts he has. Sure defenses may game plan for him as they get film on him but as he gets better perhaps his own team will continue putting him in situations to succeed and he will learn to deal with those defensive looks he is and will be seeing.He may make some poor throws, but he may start to limit them too. He has started the last 3 games and they have won 2 of them. I don't care the competition but he has contributed to those wins. Anytime you are contributing to wins in the NFL while only starting your 5th game you have some potential. Why is it hard to see that maybe he can continue to grow as a player and be a good player? It must be bothering you that he is having success at the NFL level as he does not meet your standards as a QB.

I think people are getting too up on his wins and too down on his losses.

Denver sent easily their best WR (Brandon Lloyd) to another team right before Tebow starts and all that's left is Eric Decker, Dem.Thomas and Eddie Royal - no idea who their TE's are. It's gonna take years, not a few games, before the Broncos can become a winning organization.

I don't know who else watched the game but the holding penalties cost the Broncos big time. They're not a very disciplined offensive line.

Tebow had a few overthrows and a few plays where the QB and WR weren't reading the same play. But overall, TT made good decisions, threw 2 TDs and 0 INT's, averaged 10 yards per carry, only got sacked twice and won the game. He's 2-1 as a starter and (DON'T LOOK NOW BUT) the Broncos are 1 game out of first place in their division.

How soon you forget how bad he sucked last week. Funny.
How soon you forget that he still scored 15 points that week, which was better than all-stars like Brees, Romo, Stafford, and Rivers.Even the best QBs have ups and downs. Give the kid some credit for a good game.If you are expecting him to be a great pocket passer, you're going to be disappointed. He's more likely to put up 100 rushing yards than 300 passing yards. Think early Michael Vick. It may not always be pretty, but it is enough to win games, both in reality and fantasy (see 2-1 as a starter this year).Also, while it isn't always pretty, his stat line is pretty great:
Code:
Att Comp Pct      Yds Yds/Att Yds /Comp Pass TDs Int Fum Rush Att Rush Yds Rush TDs 45   97  46.39    536 5.53    11.91     6        1   1   38       276      1
Fantasy-wise, he's averaging 23.39 points per start this year in my league which puts him at QB6, right between Stafford and Vick. This is consistent with the 25+ points he put up in each of his 3 starts last season.

How soon you forget that he still scored 15 points that week, which was better than all-stars like Brees, Romo, Stafford, and Rivers.Even the best QBs have ups and downs. Give the kid some credit for a good game.If you are expecting him to be a great pocket passer, you're going to be disappointed. He's more likely to put up 100 rushing yards than 300 passing yards. Think early Michael Vick. It may not always be pretty, but it is enough to win games, both in reality and fantasy (see 2-1 as a starter this year).Also, while it isn't always pretty, his stat line is pretty great:
Code:
Att Comp Pct      Yds Yds/Att Yds /Comp Pass TDs Int Fum Rush Att Rush Yds Rush TDs 45   97  46.39    536 5.53    11.91     6        1   1   38       276      1
Fantasy-wise, he's averaging 23.39 points per start this year in my league which puts him at QB6, right between Stafford and Vick. This is consistent with the 25+ points he put up in each of his 3 starts last season.
I'm not talking fantasy. I'm talking about a guy being able to lead a team to Super Bowl championships. All of you tebow lovers will meet the same fate as the Vince Young, David Carr lovers. This guy is setting this team back years. THey will never win an NFL championship with this guy unless they can import in a D like the 85 Bears.Fantasy, go for it but I always stick with the QB that can throw the ball around. That's why I win championships. 4 with Favre, 2 with Brees.

Orton as Broncos starter: 4-14

Tebow as Broncos starter: 3-3

The idea that Orton gives them a better chance to win can be officially squashed, no matter how much prettier his spirals are.

'proninja said:
What's great about Tebow is how he makes guys like FarveCo lose his marbles
What is great is that I will make the final post in this thread. You guys will be long gone.

Speaking of Vick, he may be more consistent with his throws completion percentage wise, but he also throws WAY more interceptions and has MUCH better receiving options. Vick had around 50% comp. percentage his first year, with 13 picks. Given time and a better supporting cast, I think we'll see Tebow's completion percentage improve to around 60%.

Orton as Broncos starter: 4-14Tebow as Broncos starter: 3-3The idea that Orton gives them a better chance to win can be officially squashed, no matter how much prettier his spirals are.
Blah blah blah... Vince Young... Blah blah blah. You guys just don't get it.

So Tebow took over a 1-4 team with zero hope of making the playoffs, and brought them within a game of first place in a mere three weeks. Tebow for MVP!

How soon you forget that he still scored 15 points that week, which was better than all-stars like Brees, Romo, Stafford, and Rivers.Even the best QBs have ups and downs. Give the kid some credit for a good game.

If you are expecting him to be a great pocket passer, you're going to be disappointed. He's more likely to put up 100 rushing yards than 300 passing yards. Think early Michael Vick. It may not always be pretty, but it is enough to win games, both in reality and fantasy (see 2-1 as a starter this year).

Also, while it isn't always pretty, his stat line is pretty great:

Att Comp Pct Yds Yds/Att Yds /Comp Pass TDs Int Fum Rush Att Rush Yds Rush TDs 45 97 46.39 536 5.53 11.91 6 1 1 38 276 1 Fantasy-wise, he's averaging 23.39 points per start this year in my league which puts him at QB6, right between Stafford and Vick. This is consistent with the 25+ points he put up in each of his 3 starts last season.
Fantasy, go for it but I always stick with the QB that can throw the ball around. That's why I win championships. 4 with Favre, 2 with Brees.
:lmao: good stuff here

Users who are viewing this thread