What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (8 Viewers)

His value takes a huge hit. #1 fantasy WR to a low-end WR1
Whoa now, lets not get carried away. No longer the absolute #1 WR in fantasy but the guy's schtick is that he gets the ball despite coverage and all obstacles in his way. Vick isn't Ben but he's got a good enough arm to get it close to AB, and that's all he needs really

Vick is a veteran, full week of 1st team practices .... he'll know to feed A.Brown

NOT as well as Ben ... but it will be fine

Whoa now, lets not get carried away. No longer the absolute #1 WR in fantasy but the guy's schtick is that he gets the ball despite coverage and all obstacles in his way. Vick isn't Ben but he's got a good enough arm to get it close to AB, and that's all he needs really
I don't think a drop off to low end WR1 is unrealistic at all. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a 20-30% drop off in production with Vick slinging him the rock.

I don't think a drop off to low end WR1 is unrealistic at all. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a 20-30% drop off in production with Vick slinging him the rock.
I'll happily take a 20% drop in production for 6 weeks. Give me 8/100/.6 until Ben gets back

I'll happily take a 20% drop in production for 6 weeks. Give me 8/100/.6 until Ben gets back
Yep, still a quality option at WR. Just not a slam dunk top 2 option for the next 6 weeks.

All it takes is one big play to get his night on track. He won't get his points the same way he does with Ben but he's still capable of making a big play. Shame he dropped that one.

Okay I already lost Dez for most of the season and now this. Awesome.
Get off the ledge.....still have a half of football left and it's his first full game with a guy who just got there.

He will be fine.....and then Ben will be back.

Calm down, step back and relax. It's just FF.

All it takes is one big play to get his night on track. He won't get his points the same way he does with Ben but he's still capable of making a big play. Shame he dropped that one.
Right on. He catches that TD......all is well. He will get a few more shots.

He is freaking good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I already lost Dez for most of the season and now this. Awesome.
Get off the ledge.....still have a half of football left and it's his first full game with a guy who just got there.

He will be fine.....and then Ben will be back.

Calm down, step back and relax. It's just FF.
Yeah. I'm going to spend the next 10 days trying to convince myself that this is just a false sample because they've only had 2-3 days of practice on a short week. Hoping that they have a rhythm by next game but already starting to worry about what's developing here until Ben returns

This just shows you how ####### bad Landry Jones must be after a few years in that system, to have Vick walk in off the street and be the backup.

Vick is horrible. Yeah the drop on the sliding catch sucked, but even when Brown was WIDE open on that 20 yard out, Vick put the ball out of bounds.

Eh, it's a meaningless streak anyway, since they've had several games where they force fed him the ball at the end to keep it alive. Brown is a great enough WR that he doesn't need that streak to be great.

However, it's gonna be tough sledding for us Brown owners till Roethlisberger gets back. :wall:

Vick had happy feet all night. He did hit AB on a perfect deep pass which he dropped.

But overall Vick as a passer gives you no confidence. No vision and doesn't check down through the reads. They will be leaning on Bell.

I'd be a little worried if I was a AB owner. He was open on the easy 4th down conversion and Vick chucked it into the stands. You could hear AB scream in frustration. Gonna be a long 6 weeks for PIT WRs.

Ben will be back sooner rather than later. This guy heals fast and is tough as nails.

3 more weeks. In the meantime if Vick can improve each week from this debacle and we can hang in there with our other WR's and players......us Brown owners can get through this.

Depth is part of traditional FF (weak pansy ### new school FF owners play weekly now, who can't handle injuries and strictly play for money and nothing else...oh boo hooo LOL) and separates the men from the boys.

Last edited by a moderator:
oof, well bigben wasn't on crutches on the sidelines hope he gets his big ### out there soon
Has to be a good sign, right? I follow the former Dr for the Chargers on Twitter (David Chao I believe) and he was saying that the Steelers doctors wouldn't have let him do that if the bone bruise was severe. I think he'll be back closer to 4 than 6 weeks.

They also said on the telecast that Coach Tomlin doesnt allow anyone who uses crutches on the sideline. So thats why Ben ditched them. But he does seem to heal quick.

Antonio has no one but himself to blame for the streak ending. Wasn't an easy one but that TD drop is one he hauls in 19 out of 20 times.

Worth nothing they got zero on that drive (was his after the spectacular fumble recovery?).

Users who are viewing this thread