What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread*** - Castellanos ****s wit Philly (7 Viewers)

Phils signed the wrong guy to a long term deal.  I know it's so early to make this statement but I'm convinced that Harper is one of the most overrated players in baseball.  Machado is tearing it up.  

Phils signed the wrong guy to a long term deal.  I know it's so early to make this statement but I'm convinced that Harper is one of the most overrated players in baseball.  Machado is tearing it up.  
Really doesn't matter what Harper does right now when you can't hold a 5 run lead in the 7th because your bullpen gives up 6 runs.

That was a solid win. Nola pitched like an ace and saved the bullpen from itself. Now they have an extra day of rest to hopefully be good for these next 2 games.

Insein said:
That was a solid win. Nola pitched like an ace and saved the bullpen from itself. Now they have an extra day of rest to hopefully be good for these next 2 games.
nola was amazing.  be nice to take another one from atl and cut this lead down

Our pitching after Nola and Arietta is God awful. With all the stupid money spent this off season, they should have gotten a pitcher or two. This is the worst bullpen I can remember.

Our pitching after Nola and Arietta is God awful. With all the stupid money spent this off season, they should have gotten a pitcher or two. This is the worst bullpen I can remember.
And areitta is not even a good number 2 imo.  We ain't going far even if we make the postseason

At the game tonight. Pitching did well enough to win. Bats disappeared when we need them. 8 hits and no runs. Going to be a long second half.

They just have to add pitching before the deadline or this is going to get ugly soon.  Nola is starting to pitch like an ace again but man is it ugly after him (and that includes the bullpen).  

Its really hard for me to see this team doing anything without ####-canning Kapler.  it is obvious he has lost that team.  Oh and Chris Young too.

That was huge. Losing it in the top of the 9th and then Bryce with the game winning walk off 2 run double! Huge!

Now let's build on this.

Its really hard for me to see this team doing anything without ####-canning Kapler.  it is obvious he has lost that team.  Oh and Chris Young too.
Chris Young should have been fired a month ago. Just as a sacrificial lamb to wake everyone the #### up. 

So the Phils have signed Smyly as a starter. He's been pretty terrible this year for the Rangers and just got picked up from a AAA deal. Supposedly this deal moves Pivetta to the bullpen. How does that work? Why not Velazquez? Pivetta hasn't been truly awful like Vince has. Weird to throw him into the bullpen all of a sudden.

So the Phils have signed Smyly as a starter. He's been pretty terrible this year for the Rangers and just got picked up from a AAA deal. Supposedly this deal moves Pivetta to the bullpen. How does that work? Why not Velazquez? Pivetta hasn't been truly awful like Vince has. Weird to throw him into the bullpen all of a sudden.
Smyly seems like just a warm body, right?  I guess it bolsters the bullpen but probably hurts the rotation a little?

The Dark Knight is available. 

If they can win this series vs the Braves I may start believing again.  I still think their lack of pitching is gonna doom them though

I still think their lack of pitching is gonna doom them though
Yeah, will be interesting to see what they do here in the next week. They need to get some controllable arms (Boyd, Ray, Minor, Bauer, Stoman) since they really only have 1 reliable starter for the foreseeable future. Im ok giving up anyone but Bohm right now. Need him to step into 3B in the next year or so.  

Embarrassing effort tonight. All around. Pitching was it's usual sucky self but we added 2 errors that tacked on 3 more runs. Then the bats were not bad but not timely. 2 runs off of 12 hits. Just a really bad start to a must win series. 

####### arrieta is running out there with bone spurs.  What do you want...

is robin roberts dead?
Idk. Klintak maybe go get a ### #### pitcher? We've known that we had only 1.5 starters since May. They kept running Pavetta and Efflin out there every 5th day and piecing together the 5th starter spot all year. It's embarasing. Quite frankly I'm amazed we're above .500. Our run differential is like -30 now. Yet Klintak keeps telling Gabe to make due with what he's got. 

They really overestimated the pitching this year. I don't get the plan. We're they not allowed to spend any money on pitching at all? Because they got some decent players in the lineup that are either injured or under performing but they are good enough to have 54 wins. Just this pitching has cost us a lot of games this year. I don't understand. Even terrible teams have at least 2 or 3 guys they can rely on to get them through 6 innings. 

Insein said:
Idk. Klintak maybe go get a ### #### pitcher? We've known that we had only 1.5 starters since May. They kept running Pavetta and Efflin out there every 5th day and piecing together the 5th starter spot all year. It's embarasing. Quite frankly I'm amazed we're above .500. Our run differential is like -30 now. Yet Klintak keeps telling Gabe to make due with what he's got. 

They really overestimated the pitching this year. I don't get the plan. We're they not allowed to spend any money on pitching at all? Because they got some decent players in the lineup that are either injured or under performing but they are good enough to have 54 wins. Just this pitching has cost us a lot of games this year. I don't understand. Even terrible teams have at least 2 or 3 guys they can rely on to get them through 6 innings. 
i guess they were betting on several of the younger starters to make the leap.  they lost and the phillies wont make the playoffs because of it

The Dark Knight is available. 
I thought that a lot of teams would be interested in grabbing him to see if he'd pitch out of the bullpen to finish out the year for a contender.  Low risk, high reward possible.  And, maybe he could get some confidence with just pitching in short 1 to 2 inning bursts.  I honestly thought it would be a win-win-win situation.

Dylan cozens released.

i was at reading last week and saw his name in the walk inside.  I thought, oh yeah, remember when he was all the rage a couple years ago with his inflated homer totals there....

I stopped watching after the 11th. Figured I'd just check the phone when it was over. Sigh
I believe there were 2 outs (runners on 1st and 2nd) at the time and by pinch running with Velazquez, he was forced to start a position player on the mound and move Velazquez into left field (or maybe right field).  We're not talking about pinch hitting mind you.  We're talking about pinch running lol.  I believe Eflin had only pitched 2 innings up to that point.  I believe that his decision cost them the win.  

Why did Kaplan pinch run for Eflin last night?  Wasn't he the only pitcher available (thus they had to go with Quinn)?
Kapler claimed elfin had a sore triceps and he was concerned about that.  Reporters asked eflin about it in the clubhouse and he said that it really wasn’t a big deal.   :shrug:

Kapler claimed elfin had a sore triceps and he was concerned about that.  Reporters asked eflin about it in the clubhouse and he said that it really wasn’t a big deal.   :shrug:
Yeah I heard that and I don’t buy it for a second.  He has one job - run around the bases after any contact.  It’s not a leg injury so the risk of exacerbating it is low.  On the other hand, the risk of losing the game (given no pitchers available) went up significantly.  They’re in a playoff race - can’t afford to lose games like that.

So the Phils Keep Rodriguez (34yo, .229 avg) up but send Haseley (23yo, .274 avg) down? What the mother #### man?

And Haseley gets called right back up for a Bruce injury. Bats came alive tonight. Maybe something to Bryce leading off. 

Users who are viewing this thread