What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS MMXI: Back to the Future Edition- Draft & Season Thread (2 Viewers)

Here's an anomaly for you:

Raul Ibanez:

286/348/621

40 hits in 140 ABs, 5 doubles, 14 homeruns. So, 35% of his hits are homers. He's hitting .360 (18/50) as a pinch hitter.

Actual stats: 245/289/419

Yes, that's what it means. AAA moves end the same time as trades.
:rant: wish we had all known that. couldn't find any explanation anywhere. really odd, given that MLB goes in the opposite direction (with Sept callups)is there any way to undo that briefly?
It's not a commissioner option. In fact, there are virtually no in-season commissioner options. If you want to open a ticket w/ WIS Admin, I'll approve the change if I'm asked.

thanks. decided to take my lumps and roll without Nate McLouth and his 603 OPS (though it would be nice to have another guy who can roam CF) and without Wade LeBlanc and his 1.73 WHIP. Their replacements (Eric Hinske and Henry Rodriguez) are only slightly worse.

but still strikes me as an awfully odd way to structure the season.

lesson learned

Flirting

Season Franchise League Wins Losses Pct. GB

1926 Boston Red Sox American 46 107 .300 44.5

1965 New York Mets National 50 112 .308 47

Last edited by a moderator:
Not going to lie -- my team sucking has taken a lot of the shine off this format. Really, really dislike the "pick 40 guys and figure it out later" draft.
Well, there's always one. And FWIW, I think you probably have a better team than me.
Recordwise, your team's done a lot better than mine through 148 games (84-64 vs 69-79).But the best two squads in the entire league are in my division -- I'm 24 games out of the WC and 35 out of the division lead. All other division leaders have 88 or fewer wins. I gotta think that in a different division, my squad would be maybe10-12 games better to this point.

Not going to lie -- my team sucking has taken a lot of the shine off this format. Really, really dislike the "pick 40 guys and figure it out later" draft.
Well, there's always one. And FWIW, I think you probably have a better team than me.
Recordwise, your team's done a lot better than mine through 148 games (84-64 vs 69-79).But the best two squads in the entire league are in my division -- I'm 24 games out of the WC and 35 out of the division lead. All other division leaders have 88 or fewer wins. I gotta think that in a different division, my squad would be maybe10-12 games better to this point.
What's the slash line on Jason Kendall in this thing? Any good?

Well I clinched my division. This is when I would normally bench everyone, but I dont have enough player AB's or IP to do it. Gonna be some crazy playoffs even with bonus % added.

'oso diablo said:
epic collapse in progress. just got swept by the Rabbits
:thumbup: My starting pitchers, Porcello, Ogando and Jurrjens only gave up one earned run over 20.0 innings. You really should be ashamed of yourself.

Porcello?? Jurrjens??

Every player I have is 95 or better, all in the green. My pitching staff is only 6 points from being completely at 100 percent, even counting the starter last game, sitting at 95(100).

I guess losing makes for well rested players.

Just won a game 18-2 in a large part to seven passed balls by catching phenom Garrett Jones. Luckily he went 0-3 with a walk to justify his spot in the lineup today.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

All of my position players are at 100% with PAs to spare... All my pitchers are at 100% with IP to spare...

Going to fully bench Hammel, O'Sullivan, and Duke for the playoffs and modify my rotation to maximize use of my ridiculous bullpen (2 RP under 2 ERA)...

Will have 1 guy over .950 OPS, 2 over .900, 1 over .850, and no starters under .700....

Looking forward to the playoffs at full strength....

Oh and this is on my phone... So to make it easier consider me in for the next WIS whatever it is...

All of my position players are at 100% with PAs to spare... All my pitchers are at 100% with IP to spare...Going to fully bench Hammel, O'Sullivan, and Duke for the playoffs and modify my rotation to maximize use of my ridiculous bullpen (2 RP under 2 ERA)...Will have 1 guy over .950 OPS, 2 over .900, 1 over .850, and no starters under .700....Looking forward to the playoffs at full strength....Oh and this is on my phone... So to make it easier consider me in for the next WIS whatever it is...
Congrats on making the playoffs

All of my position players are at 100% with PAs to spare... All my pitchers are at 100% with IP to spare...Going to fully bench Hammel, O'Sullivan, and Duke for the playoffs and modify my rotation to maximize use of my ridiculous bullpen (2 RP under 2 ERA)...Will have 1 guy over .950 OPS, 2 over .900, 1 over .850, and no starters under .700....Looking forward to the playoffs at full strength....Oh and this is on my phone... So to make it easier consider me in for the next WIS whatever it is...
Congrats on making the playoffs
Thanks... I'm excited to not suck!! It's kinda nice...

looks like the Lame Funny Bears clinched a playoff spot overnight. I think the biggest key was having SPs that didn't walk very many batters. Keeps pitch counts low, allowing them to work deeper into the game, and keep the bullpen fresh.

Did whatifsports mess with the fatigue settings mid season? I start out with my entire pitching staff in the red, especially my bullpen, I add one mediocre reliever with only about 100 innings and now my entire pitching staff spends the second half of the season fully rested. I went with five starters, I could have gone with two at the end.

Something just felt fishy.

Did whatifsports mess with the fatigue settings mid season? I start out with my entire pitching staff in the red, especially my bullpen, I add one mediocre reliever with only about 100 innings and now my entire pitching staff spends the second half of the season fully rested. I went with five starters, I could have gone with two at the end.Something just felt fishy.
Yea, midway through the season my guys seemed to much more rested. I went with a 4 man rotation for most of the year.

seemed just the opposite for me, but i was the guy giving up that 100 IP swingman to Bogart, plus lost my long reliever to that AAA debacle.

but i think the real answer is that it's just a % calculation, and as the season builds, a few extra IP isn't that much of a % of the full season's IP. IOW, 220/200 is only 10% over, while 80/60 is 33% over.

Dexter Fowler has 27 triples, which would be one of the highest totals in MLB history.

Also, Ben Zobrist has 65 doubles, just 2 off the all-time MLB record of 67.

Both of these players are on the same team.

Last edited by a moderator:
seemed just the opposite for me, but i was the guy giving up that 100 IP swingman to Bogart, plus lost my long reliever to that AAA debacle.but i think the real answer is that it's just a % calculation, and as the season builds, a few extra IP isn't that much of a % of the full season's IP. IOW, 220/200 is only 10% over, while 80/60 is 33% over.
Kyle McClellan = ENDURANCE.

Dexter Fowler has 27 triples, which would be one of the highest totals in MLB history.Also, Ben Zobrist has 65 doubles, just 2 off the all-time MLB record of 67.Both of these players are on the same team.
Fowler led qualifying players in 3B/100AB this year and his home park is +3 for triples.Zobrist was fourth in 2B/100AB

GB Mark Reynolds, 80 XBHs...50 homers, 139 RBI. Also, 38 errors and 12 negative fielding plays. 50 bombs, 50 fielding mistakes.

Dexter Fowler has 27 triples, which would be one of the highest totals in MLB history.Also, Ben Zobrist has 65 doubles, just 2 off the all-time MLB record of 67.Both of these players are on the same team.
Mostly dumb luck. I never do that well with park effects when I know them ahead of time. I knew Zorilla hit a lot of doubles and Fowler hit a lot of XBH, but I didn't specifically draft them to dominate Chase Field.

maybe they'll pitch better in the playoffs. an experiment worth considering. also appears that Garrett Jones is improving as a catcher. just a thought.

Damn Franco out. I see this happen so much in WIS. Unbelievable regular season then out in the first series.
Yup, a deep offense that beat up on mediocre pitching to post great regular season numbers, and some inning-eater pitchers. Ran into a team with a pair of aces and I had no shot. Sounds a lot like the 2010-2011 Yankees. :bag:

'jfranco77 said:
'Hoos First said:
Damn Franco out. I see this happen so much in WIS. Unbelievable regular season then out in the first series.
Yup, a deep offense that beat up on mediocre pitching to post great regular season numbers, and some inning-eater pitchers. Ran into a team with a pair of aces and I had no shot. Sounds a lot like the 2010-2011 Yankees. :bag:
Well, you actually beat one of my aces in Weaver.Couldnt handle Harang and Capuano though. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread