What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS MMXI: Back to the Future Edition- Draft & Season Thread (2 Viewers)

even when i was in the midst of winning 10+ in a row, i still felt that my team was equally capable of losing 10+ in a row. Looks like that's gonna come true soon. I blame Scott Feldman.

My pitching staff has figured out that whole "fatigue thing". Now if they could just figure out that whole "sucking balls thing."

Well, dropped to 3-11 in my last 14 games. Its amazing how the same team that won lots of games sucks ### for a 20 game stretch.

This doesnt seem a whole lot different that rolling 20-sided dice to determine who is going to win the game.

Oh, and they should check the sim out. Cliff Lee walked 42 in 232 real life IP. He is now at 43 BB in 138 IP in the sim.

Well, dropped to 3-11 in my last 14 games. Its amazing how the same team that won lots of games sucks ### for a 20 game stretch.This doesnt seem a whole lot different that rolling 20-sided dice to determine who is going to win the game.Oh, and they should check the sim out. Cliff Lee walked 42 in 232 real life IP. He is now at 43 BB in 138 IP in the sim.
Maybe it's punishing you for starting Paul Goldschmidt at C

Well, dropped to 3-11 in my last 14 games. Its amazing how the same team that won lots of games sucks ### for a 20 game stretch.This doesnt seem a whole lot different that rolling 20-sided dice to determine who is going to win the game.Oh, and they should check the sim out. Cliff Lee walked 42 in 232 real life IP. He is now at 43 BB in 138 IP in the sim.
Maybe it's punishing you for starting Paul Goldschmidt at C
His Catcher ERA isn't bad at 3.87, but 17 passed balls and 12 SB allowed in 76 innings is pretty impressive.

'oso diablo said:
'Arsenal of Doom said:
His Catcher ERA isn't bad at 3.87, but 17 passed balls and 12 SB allowed in 76 innings is pretty impressive.
a passed ball is similar to an error, when it comes to calculating ERA.
Yeah, I figured a percentage of those would have resulted in unearned runs. The next highest number in the league right now is 5 shared by one real catcher with 400+ innings and an outfielder with 18 innings behind the plate.

'oso diablo said:
'Arsenal of Doom said:
a passed ball is similar to an error, when it comes to calculating ERA.
Yeah, I figured a percentage of those would have resulted in unearned runs. The next highest number in the league right now is 5 shared by one real catcher with 400+ innings and an outfielder with 18 innings behind the plate.
Unfortunately, due to a lack of catcher at-bats I have been forced to spot start Goldschmidt at catcher. He has only allowed a total of 5 unearned runs to score in his start. Sadly, all 5 have been on PB with a runner at 3rd that allowed the runner to score.

i'm curious how you settled on Goldschmidt for that role. I am still learning how WIS works, but my instincts would be to move a middle infielder before a 1B.

i'm curious how you settled on Goldschmidt for that role. I am still learning how WIS works, but my instincts would be to move a middle infielder before a 1B.
Didnt have a real excess of AB's at middle infield. It would have been someone like Blake Dewitt. I just figured that Goldschmidt's hitting was so much better that DeWitt that it would make up for any defensive differences between the 2.Cliff Lee gives up 6 runs in 7 innings again - this time with a real catcher behind the dish.

looks like fatigue is playing a huge role in the standings, whether from teams that were short on playing time to begin with, or from owners not managing their fatigue well

looks like fatigue is playing a huge role in the standings, whether from teams that were short on playing time to begin with, or from owners not managing their fatigue well
I have fatigue under control, all greens with a few blues in my bullpen. My team just sucks.

I have fatigue under control, all greens with a few blues in my bullpen. My team just sucks.
Same here. Cant believe how one game Chris Volstad throws seven shutout innings and the next game agaisnt the same lineup Latos gets rocked. I guess that is the point of the sim, there are no sure things.

My whole team is in the green fatigue wise. My starters are back to 100 after two days off. No one in my offense is below 97.

We are the Cal Ripken of mediocre, below average, sucky baseball.

I'm ready to do this again.

I have an 8 game lead with 44 remaining...still think I can blow this.
That's what I'm counting on, because my team certainly isn't moving upward.
I have Nick Blackburn and his .387 OAVG in the rotation for chrissakes.
He shut me down :rant: There's a wildcard in each league, yes?Also, in case anyone wasn't paying attention, today is the last day to make roster moves as far as AAA goes.

I have an 8 game lead with 44 remaining...still think I can blow this.
That's what I'm counting on, because my team certainly isn't moving upward.
I have Nick Blackburn and his .387 OAVG in the rotation for chrissakes.
He shut me down :rant: There's a wildcard in each league, yes?Also, in case anyone wasn't paying attention, today is the last day to make roster moves as far as AAA goes.
Ooh, that's tricky. Do I stick with Kevin Gregg's 7 ERA or bring Daric Barton back for some .220 pinch hitting?

Also, in case anyone wasn't paying attention, today is the last day to make roster moves as far as AAA goes.
are you sure? if so, crap. i thought that just meant the deadline to have all trades completed and approved. Not sure why it would apply to AAA moves.

Users who are viewing this thread