What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Warning - FOG/Presidential Suite dynasty leagues - Do I feel like a su (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just won Pres and unfortunately not only won but scored Highest VP's and total points.. this was the first year I ever joined a non Commercial site with Guaranteed Payouts like FFPC..will be my last time obviously

Eastwood said:
BeTheMatch said:
Eastwood said:
just found another email for this POS. allan_fern@yahoo.com
Well, that's supposedly his buddy. Unless it's an alias. But I think it's his buddy. He lives out in Cali too. Goes by RoyDubb on this board, I think.
He used that email when he was in my league, its him. This guy probably plays in leagues with multiple teams...what a d'bag.
i'll bet good money that is NOT his real name... :shrug:

Eastwood said:
CapnJB said:
Eastwood said:
So far all I found was an email he used when he played in one of my dynasty leagues in 2007.

oak_assassin@yahoo.com

Since he was a registered user here, surely a FBG staff can get his IP, info right?
Old IP addresses are probably useless aside from identifying his service provider. It takes a good deal of court orders to get internet providers to research who had what IP at a given time. If the case becomes criminal it might provide useful, but otherwise you need something current if you had some way of doing something with the address.
Isn't stealing $15k a felony?
#### in Ga stealing 500 from someone is a felony. 300 if its a store.

moderated said:
The good news is that there should be some good startups this offseason as a bunch of solid owners are out of leagues.If anyone reputable is starting a $200+ startup dynasty this offseason please PM me.Sorry to those who got scammed but let's make the best of this and start up a new league with great owners.
I kinda always wanted to do a dynasty. but i think I'd like to play with idiots. judging by this thread maybe i have come to the right place... :shrug:

JPeso said:
BeTheMatch said:
Boom Switch said:
JPeso said:
moderated said:
The good news is that there should be some good startups this offseason as a bunch of solid owners are out of leagues.If anyone reputable is starting a $200+ startup dynasty this offseason please PM me.Sorry to those who got scammed but let's make the best of this and start up a new league with great owners.
If this is shtick, my apologies. But really?
I might be a tad gun shy after this. :shrug:
The folks at Leaguesafe love this thread!
Too true! Perhaps they remit 1% of their 3% to the OP!
Bet that 3% doesn't seem so bad now huh...

Knew something wasn't right with this cat...sorry to who ever took my spot in Pres Suite last offseason. I'm starting to become more of a believer in LeagueSafe by the day.The Kremenull screen name should have been a hint I guess :(
that would be me..I remember we talked about it..So much for what I considered "easy money" I was half right, I kicked ### in that league..figures :shrug:

moderated said:
I kinda always wanted to do a dynasty. but i think I'd like to play with idiots. judging by this thread maybe i have come to the right place... :shrug:
I am sure you have never made an error with your finances. Now go play elsewhere, ****.

Anyone else read this thread title as a commish and think "yeah, I'm about to "lose" a ton of money in payouts myself."?

It definitely isn't as rewarding to win a league you commish and the money just stays put instead of getting a big check in the mail. Also makes me think there has to be a way to hold all that money for 4 months and somehow make a guaranteed profit from it. Even if it's around 1%.

monkeysee said:
Boom Switch said:
Looks like ill be in 2 less dynasty leagues next year. Laaame :thumbdown: The only positive is i didnt win either league so i dont have any money coming my way. Still pissed, i liked both teams...
Yep I am minus 2 leagues as well. Sadly I am in 2 of Aquil's leagues and have 2 strong teams.
:shrug: sounds like the dude has a gambling problem. from the links posted he seems to have a decent job (ie ability to actually repay 10k in a reasonable time) and has come clean, and quit leagues etc. Why can't these leagues just add a new player taking his team and go fwd. He seems genuinley remorseful, and if true that he is paying out (the 800 referred to) and continues to do so (+ interest and even some self imposed penalty 5-10%? imo) I see no reason you all have to kill the leagues u worked for.I mean we've :e:stabished he's a real person. He has jobs etc. Ultimately I have to think that he would make this right vs the opposite (tryingto hide and run) I mean he's hear taking his lumps and at least saying the right things now. Before ya'll lynch him, give him a shot to make good. TRUST me the process of forcing him/suing him is such more a pain in the ###. :2cents:

Last edited by a moderator:
monkeysee said:
Boom Switch said:
Looks like ill be in 2 less dynasty leagues next year. Laaame :thumbdown: The only positive is i didnt win either league so i dont have any money coming my way. Still pissed, i liked both teams...
Yep I am minus 2 leagues as well. Sadly I am in 2 of Aquil's leagues and have 2 strong teams.
:shrug: sounds like the dude has a gambling problem. from the links posted he seems to have a decent job (ie ability to actually repay 10k in a reasonable time) and has come clean, and quit leagues etc. Why can't these leagues just add a new player taking his team and go fwd. He seems genuinley remorseful, and if true that he is paying out (the 800 referred to) and continues to do so (+ interest and even some self imposed penalty 5-10%? imo) I see no reason you all have to kill the leagues u worked for.I mean we've :e:stabished he's a real person. He has jobs etc. Ultimately I have to think that he would make this right vs the opposite (tryingto hide and run) I mean he's hear taking his lumps and at least saying the right things now. Before ya'll lynch him, give him a shot to make good. TRUST me the process of forcing him/suing him is such more a pain in the ###. :2cents:
Aquil isn't here. You are referring to a troll that jumped into the thread that stole from his league and is now repaying those he stole from.

monkeysee said:
Boom Switch said:
Just skimming through this thread, huh?

cbatm32 said:
Anyone else read this thread title as a commish and think "yeah, I'm about to "lose" a ton of money in payouts myself."?

It definitely isn't as rewarding to win a league you commish and the money just stays put instead of getting a big check in the mail. Also makes me think there has to be a way to hold all that money for 4 months and somehow make a guaranteed profit from it. Even if it's around 1%.
There is, the first year or two I ran leagues I collected in January and put them in 11 month CD's until it was time to pay out.

cbatm32 said:
Anyone else read this thread title as a commish and think "yeah, I'm about to "lose" a ton of money in payouts myself."? It definitely isn't as rewarding to win a league you commish and the money just stays put instead of getting a big check in the mail. Also makes me think there has to be a way to hold all that money for 4 months and somehow make a guaranteed profit from it. Even if it's around 1%.
There is, the first year or two I ran leagues I collected in January and put them in 11 month CD's until it was time to pay out.
Then you decided to steal all the money.You have some nerve even posting in this thread.

Knew something wasn't right with this cat...sorry to who ever took my spot in Pres Suite last offseason. I'm starting to become more of a believer in LeagueSafe by the day.The Kremenull screen name should have been a hint I guess :no:
I actually do pay attention to screen names, and when I saw his I remembered it. It's surprising how often a screen name is actually a reasonable indication of what kind of person one is dealing with, at least in my experience. I saw one once..."kickyerface". Sure enough, it was a kid who more than anything else needed for mommy to spank him. League safe is really becoming the only option. Not a big deal for 12 team leagues with $50 annual dues maybe, but any more than that, I don't care how well you know someone...

Is this true for all 50 states? Are you sure?
Not all 50, but about 45 of them. It's fine in California. The main factors that are used to define 'fantasy sports' vs. 'sports betting' are:-fixed prize pool-must involved multiple sporting events (ie no Super Bowl only fantasy contests)-must be a game of skill

Knew something wasn't right with this cat...sorry to who ever took my spot in Pres Suite last offseason. I'm starting to become more of a believer in LeagueSafe by the day.The Kremenull screen name should have been a hint I guess :no:
Hated to see you go, RW, but you were right.

Dr. Awesome said:
Ksquared said:
Try http://www.spokeo.com/

Just found out about this site. Type in his name and pick which one. It gave a google satelite view of my house, kinda scary what information is out there. But for some of these scum bags, it would not hurt to let everyone in the league on to this website.
Whoa. Scary.
i agree. surprised about how much it had on me.

If you don't know someone personally, why would you trust them with your cash? That mystifies me.
--Established presence on FBG--Established leagues with a record of payouts for multiple years--A lot of time and thought in terms of the bylaws and league structure/rules--The probability that someone wouldn't be stupid enough to steal from people who know his name and have personal contact info_Obviously that's not enough. But that's what I looked at when I joined.I'm intrigued by the possibility of Federal Wire Fraud laws being broken here. Will let everyone know what I find when I get more info.

If you don't know someone personally, why would you trust them with your cash? That mystifies me.
I can't believe people play Fantasy with people they don't know. Maybe it's me
I'm forced to!
Word of mouth is usually pretty safe. When I joined PRES ii I didn't know Aquil, nor did I get any references. My mistake. There are several posters here I know that are honest, such as jeter23 (hyperactive), the man who met andy griffith (champagne classic), ravenzfan (misfits and outlaws), and like I said earlier, I've never failed to pay out winnings in the Fantasy Legends I, II, and III. Now I don't commish FLL3 because I want to cut back on the leagues I commish, but Noel who runs it now is very honest. I'm still in that league as an owner.

Well, I put up all his information monkeysee posted. The fanpage is up and I've sent him an invite along with all his friends. Anyone who wants to be a mod for the fb page drop me a PM or just write on his wall.
the page might be taken down if he reports it under "personal attack"just an fyi
However, it would eliminate Frankbot's "car crash" and/or "coma" theory from the list of possible explanations.
He sent everyone an email tellling them that the money is gone. He's not in a coma.

Well, I put up all his information monkeysee posted. The fanpage is up and I've sent him an invite along with all his friends. Anyone who wants to be a mod for the fb page drop me a PM or just write on his wall.
the page might be taken down if he reports it under "personal attack"just an fyi
However, it would eliminate Frankbot's "car crash" and/or "coma" theory from the list of possible explanations.
He sent everyone an email tellling them that the money is gone. He's not in a coma.
Well at least he's an honest crook I guess. Weird move though, to email everyone you stole money from and let them know that you just robbed 'em.

What would it take for personal accounts to be garnished? Any legal gurus?

I don't think a guy with nothing, will be coming up with 15G anytime soon.

That sucks.
A judgment against him, which would mean filing suit and either obtaining a default judgment or prevailing in the litigation if he appears.

someone who lives near this turd, PLEASE go get all this money, or at least give him $20K worth of hospital bills. :lmao:

cbatm32 said:
monkeysee said:
cbatm32 said:
Tolly62484 said:
68 User(s) are reading this topic (29 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

38 Members: G-Money, wdcrob, JohnW1970, JohnnyU, Eastwood, Coin Flip, Dawg Pound 69, cbatm32, Banger, humpback, Rozman, Northbound Train, JPeso, Black, Grid71, NJJets, tommy300, ookook, soothsayer, yellowdog, imagroid, Bash, EBF, todisco1, gianmarco, Orlando RMF, Kenlin, austinke, Zane Hunt, mulliganm, lodnerpantz, E-A-G-L-E-S, maestro, Toomuchnv, vonbrocklin, midnight_green81, Dreamer, joefootball

Ha, I would say this guy is worse. Probably took more than 15k from people and gambled it all away.
X1) The amount owed is under 10k.

2) I paid back about $800 towards the leagues this past month so am sticking to paying people back.
My hero. Piss off.
Good for you for trusting some unknown guy with that much money, my hero, I hope you don't see a dime.
You aren't sorry you stole 15K. You're a criminal internet jerk with a big mouth, IMO.

You guys may want to find a meeting place ahead of time to share information and work together for when they shut this thread down.
Why would this thread be shut down? I wonder if Joe would consider a permaban on these guys to keep them from posting about new leagues in the Find A League Forum?
When MCM took our money and ran last year someone emailed these guys about banning them also via IP (which we know can be changed easily regardless) and there was never a reply. I doubt they banned him to protect others from joining said leagues or future leagues because it is just so simple to change IPs and no real way to ban them completely....at least from the way I understand message boards.

Gents,First off, Congratulations to all of the winners this season in the PresidentialSuite Dynasty Leagues. But I have some not so good news to pass along. Due to a personal financialcrisis, the funds for payouts are not available at this time for disbursement. The funds have been garnished along with funds from my other personal bankaccounts due to my personal financial missteps. I take full responsibility for my actions in this matter and with regards to theeventual disbursement of the funds for the deserved participants/winners inthese leagues that I have established. It may take up to a few months to payall the funds out, and your cooperation is requested.I have six leagues to pay out, and they will be paid out in the order of longesttenure, with FOG I and II at the top of the list.Next, will be PS I, II, III, and IV, in that order. I apologize for the situation that I have brought everyone here into, and Istand by my word as to my sincere intent to pay each and every cent out. Regards,Aquil

what a POS. And the Inspector Callahan in me says he'll never send out all the money. :goodposting:
MCM never did. And he gave more than one sob story to prolong his endless promises to repay everyone. We all kept believing them too.......until now a year later I think noone believes him anymore :bag:

Once again I seem to have found an arena where a highly ethical person with excellent finances and no debt can perform a service for others(and maybe make money?). So how do I start up one of these money leagues? If these bozos and crooks can get them going and fill up their leagues, I figure someone licensed with the American Bar Association, which has ways to deal with these types of things, would have money players lining up out the doors to get in. They must be making some kind of money(aside from the embezzlement, that is).

cbatm32 said:
Well congrats, you must be more mature/stronger than I was at the time I started. I was 21 when I started running the leagues 3 years ago and went from a little bit of money I had to the temptation of having 15K at my fingertips at the same time I was introduced to poker. Should I have not done it? Obviously. Do I wish I hadn't done it? Obviously. But that's not the argument anymore. Point is I'm still sticking through my mistake and paying people back and have got out off the FF world and poker world altogether, every last team I own/commish.
This is an amazing post. The self-justification this guy uses really makes me want to throw up. Hey buddy, you didn't make a mistake. You deliberately chose to steal money from other people. Immaturity or "weakness" is not an excuse for stealing thousands of dollars. Gambling isn't either. You ought to be paying the people you stole from back at THEIR terms, not yours (meaning that your income should be garnished, and they should be paid back with interest, however long that takes.) Also, you should serve some time in jail for your crime, and it should be a lifetime stain on your record.

This in a way is an argument for League Safe or escrow. I know a lot of leagues, even those with buddies, where the commissioners take the loot and just let it chill in their own personal checking accounts until it's time to pay. It sounds to me (from reading that email above), that this guy didn't intend to take this loot, but because it was in a personal bank account it became subject to seizure when his accounts were frozen. While we would all like to think our friends aren't in that kind of financial difficulty, be careful you really KNOW that to be the case or insist on a more separate way to segregate the league dues.

I'm not myopic or naive enough to think that fantasy football (or the NFL) would be as popular as it is without the lure of prize money, but I can honestly say that all of my most intense and favorite leagues are ones where prize money is either nil or tertiary to the chance to best my buddies, and test my mettle against top people in the hobby. :goodposting:

You know, on a serious note, this seems like an opportunity for an attorney to carve out a little niche.

I'm not an attorney so I don't know the applicable laws to this, but it would seem that this guy (and others) are clearly breaking SOME laws and it's probably the enforcement, tracking down, communication details, etc that make it difficult to pursue. This isn't the first time this has happened and won't be the last.

It would seem that an attorney could have a semi-specialization in these types of things and offer his services to a wide range of owners and do well. If someone advertised in this arena, being pretty much the only one, it wouldn't take long to build a pretty large client list.

Who knows.

someone call John Grisham. This could make a good movie too. But to make it REALLY good for a movie, someone needs to find and beat Kremenull like a red-headed step child. :porked:

cbatm32 said:
Well congrats, you must be more mature/stronger than I was at the time I started. I was 21 when I started running the leagues 3 years ago and went from a little bit of money I had to the temptation of having 15K at my fingertips at the same time I was introduced to poker. Should I have not done it? Obviously. Do I wish I hadn't done it? Obviously. But that's not the argument anymore. Point is I'm still sticking through my mistake and paying people back and have got out off the FF world and poker world altogether, every last team I own/commish.
This is an amazing post. The self-justification this guy uses really makes me want to throw up. Hey buddy, you didn't make a mistake. You deliberately chose to steal money from other people. Immaturity or "weakness" is not an excuse for stealing thousands of dollars. Gambling isn't either. You ought to be paying the people you stole from back at THEIR terms, not yours (meaning that your income should be garnished, and they should be paid back with interest, however long that takes.) Also, you should serve some time in jail for your crime, and it should be a lifetime stain on your record.
:porked: Not only that, but instead of posting here, you should be out doing SOMETHING productive to earn whatever of it back you can to pay back the people you owe. Go pick up some cans. Go get a part-time job. Go do ANYTHING that produces earnings and mail out every paycheck you get immediately, without keeping it for yourself, until your debt is paid off. You're trying to show people you're mature by admitting your mistake and as others have pointed out, you instead look like a complete and utter POS. Log out, make whatever money you can in your spare time, and send out 100% of it until it's paid off. THAT would be a sign of maturity. THAT would be a sign of even a shred of ethical behavior. As pointed out, you should be in a jail cell and you should be welcoming the opportunity to earn that money and pay it back without legal consequences.

CONSPIRACY THEORY

Kremenull is an applications engineer (i.e. - programmer). What are the chances he created LeagueSafe and pulled this huge scam to drive scared leagues/owners to LeagueSafe's "secure" environment only to rip them off for even MORE?!?!?

:thumbup:

ETA: So much for my theory.....I just saw the copied email from this d-bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread