What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Dark Knight Rises Villains Announced (1 Viewer)

Saw it again. Think it held up very well on a second viewing, actually think I enjoyed it more.

I didn't notice the Sean Connery-style voice the first time around, but it was very obvious this time. Especially in the opening scene, Bane really does sound like him.

The Pit Prison being held in whatever ancient land does feel more obvious this time, but I don't agree with how Nolan did it. Bane sort of hinted that they were going to take Batman somewhere (although I don't know why Bane had to go with them) but it does seem ridiculous that Bruce Wayne got out of the pit in the middle of South America and somehow got into Gotham despite not having a phone or access or Fox or Albert.

One "error" or whatever I noticed this time: when Batman reappears in Gotham, he tells Kyle that they don't have much time, the bomb is going off in 20 hours or whatever. At that point, there's no way of Batman knowing that. When he first sees Fox, he asks him how much time they have left.

I think the Bane/Talia angle holds up really well on a second viewing. She does a good job acting, because once you know who she is, her role does come off slightly differently. She wasn't scared whenever Bane and his troops came in, she told Fox that there's no point in resisting and gave her fingerprints, etc. I don't know why they didn't explain how she got her scar -- I would have thought they would, since they were so blatant about everything else (autopilot, etc.)

I did find it funny that in a movie with a zillion things to nitpick, they mentioned during the will reading that they were missing a necklace. Because yes, if they didn't do that, there would be a plothole!

But why make Blake into Robin if Nolan is out on the series. Made no sense to me.
hated this part of the movie.
loved it. just wish we saw a glimpse of the suit before breaking to the credits
what suit? he needs to be Robin first then nightwing. beside Robin was his superhero name. **** grayson was his real name
Blake is not **** Grayson. He was not going to become "Robin." Robin was his first name according to his ID. Blake was going to become the next Batman. The suit and everything were still there. The Robin mention could have been completely left out and changed nothing. The only reason it is there is to cause another Nolan ending of "what if." MAkes it nice and open for fanfiction anyway.
lol how do you know anything of this
:confused:His name was Robin Blake. Not **** Grayson. In the comics the super hero name is Robin. Here its a first name. Here the batcave and suit are discovered. He isnt a sidekick. The bat signal is repaired to be used. Who will respond? Robin Blake will, as Batman. Batman is a symbol, not a man. Thats why the flaming bat signal and batman coming back rallied gotham.
Exactly. I'm not up on the comics but I'm pretty certain there's no character named Robin Blake in the Batman universe aside from this movie. So its just his name and doesn't mean that he would become "Robin" the superhero. Everything that is setup at the end implies he's just going to pick up where Bruce left off.
Yes. The fact his name is "Robin" is just an inside joke.

So you guys are really tough reviewers. I just saw it and thought it was awesome. It had its flaws, but overall it was 2.5 hours of non-stop awesomeness.

For those that didn't like it and nitpicked - are you fans of the comics? Is that the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
So you guys are really tough reviewers. I just saw it and thought it was awesome. It had its flaws, but overall it was 2.5 hours of non-stop awesomeness. For those that didn't like it and nitpicked - are you fans of the comics? Is that the problem?
3 hours. I think the nitpickers are comic guys but the movie still has regular movie flaws to it. More a product of trying to keep it from being 5 hours long. It really should have been 2 movies but I guess Nolan had a contract for only 1 more. Its a good movie but suffers the 3rd installment fate that most trilogies have. Can't live up to the predecessors.

Wife and I saw this over the weekend. I'm not a comic boy guy just know the basics from when I was a kid. I enjoyed the movie, definitely was too long and there were definitely some over the top cheesy moments we laughed at. Like the "kiss". I just get "bored" when you "figured" know how the plot plays out every time. My wife really liked it, I enjoyed it for what it was. I did have trouble understanding Bane though but I think my hearing is going :P

So question - was cat woman ever "good" in the original batmans

Great movie. It grows on you with more viewings. Much better than the second one.

Batman Begins >> Dark Knight Rises >> Dark Knight

Victory defeats you.

Finally saw it on home video. If anything Bane's voice was too clear. Too "present", like obviously dubbed in instead of actually said during the shoot. Always in the center channel instead of off to the sides or in the distance. Weird.

Oh, and I must have missed why all his underlings were so fanatically devoted to him.

Finally saw it on home video. If anything Bane's voice was too clear. Too "present", like obviously dubbed in instead of actually said during the shoot. Always in the center channel instead of off to the sides or in the distance. Weird.Oh, and I must have missed why all his underlings were so fanatically devoted to him.
Because he's Bane. :unsure: Yea they didn't really explain it well but the movie was already 3 hrs long. There really should have been 2 movies for Bane.

Finally saw it on home video. If anything Bane's voice was too clear. Too "present", like obviously dubbed in instead of actually said during the shoot. Always in the center channel instead of off to the sides or in the distance. Weird.

Oh, and I must have missed why all his underlings were so fanatically devoted to him.
How? This releases 12/4.

Finally saw it on home video. If anything Bane's voice was too clear. Too "present", like obviously dubbed in instead of actually said during the shoot. Always in the center channel instead of off to the sides or in the distance. Weird.Oh, and I must have missed why all his underlings were so fanatically devoted to him.
Because he's Bane. :unsure: Yea they didn't really explain it well but the movie was already 3 hrs long. There really should have been 2 movies for Bane.
I thought it was because working as the "General" of The League of Shadows. He is a leader of a fanatical group of idea-logs, they were explained in Batman Begins.

He was the league of shadows leaders daughters boyfriend

I thought it was because working as the "General" of The League of Shadows. He is a leader of a fanatical group of idea-logs, they were explained in Batman Begins.
Technically he was the #2 for this movie. Talia was the head honcho. But still, not fleshed out enough as to how Bane came to power since BB was supposedly only 10 years before Rises.

He was the league of shadows leaders daughters boyfriend manslave

How? This releases 12/4.
:popcorn: :popcorn:
Yeah I showed it on friday for the family that came over for the holidays, everyone considered it "meh".

How? This releases 12/4.
:popcorn: :popcorn:
I'm a :ninja: .
Fixed.

'dparker713 said:
'coyote5 said:
Great movie. It grows on you with more viewings. Much better than the second one.

Victory defeats you.
:lmao: oh come on :rolleyes:
Thought the second one had a great performance, but it wasn't a particularly great movie.
The third one wasn't a particularly great movie and it did not contain even a particularly good performance... :shrug:

'dparker713 said:
'coyote5 said:

Victory defeats you.
:lmao: oh come on :rolleyes:
Thought the second one had a great performance, but it wasn't a particularly great movie.
The third one wasn't a particularly great movie and it did not contain even a particularly good performance... :shrug:
:goodposting: It was a movie. It ended this story. It was good, not great. TDK was amazing to me because of the Joker. He drove the story. He was leading people around and getting them to jump through his hoops. Everything was orchestrated by him for the sole purpose of causing mayhem. Rises leaves too much unexplained and takes leaps of faith even TDK didn't require in order to accept what was on screen.

Ok, never saw this in theater, got it on today, and thought it was fantastic.

Couple thoughts:

1.Bruce Wayne jimmied up the "Bat" auto pilot, so he didn't really bite it at the end.

2.Not sure where they were going with Blake finding the cave.

3.Bain was a very good villian.

4.I would really like to have sex with Anne Hathaway.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Ok, never saw this in theater, got it on today, and thought it was fantastic.Couple thoughts:1.Bruce Wayne jimmied up the "Bat" auto pilot, so he didn't really bite it at the end.2.Not sure where they were going with Blake finding the cave.3.Bain was a very good villian.4.I would really like to have sex with Anne Hathaway. :thumbup: :thumbup:
1. Yes that was implied because Alfred saw him with Catwoman at the end. 2. Blake will be the next batman. 3. He is but I felt they made him less awesome by implying he was just a #1 henchman.4. Duh. :thumbup:

Bain and Talia were the antithesis of love.

Bruce and Selina were the thesis of love.

Each couple sacrificed in the name of love. They just had different ways of going about it.

I really liked this movie. A lot.

But I just saw a reel of the

, and am left wondering what could have been. They left half his evil on the cutting room floor.

Caught this on PPW last night. Thought it was average at best. Grew up in the 70's and loved Batman but not a fanatic or big on the comics. I still can't understand having 3 hours to tell a story and tell it so poorly with so many gaps.

Saw it again. Think it held up very well on a second viewing, actually think I enjoyed it more.
Agreed...watched it again last night and liked it quite a bit more this time. I guess it moved to fast for me at first...I did have several drinks in me.

I thought it was good, but then I thought the new Star Trek was good and yet a lot of you pansy ### mothers think it was awful. I'm guessing those are the same people who had a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread