What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (5 Viewers)

Mark Ingram played six snaps in the Ravens' Week 11 loss to Tennessee. 

J.K. Dobbins dominated with a 63 percent snap share while Gus Edwards played on 20 percent of the team's offensive snaps. Even one-time fantasy Twitter darling Justice Hill played more snaps the Ingram. It's unclear if Ingram's lingering ankle injury led to a dip in playing time but it's clear he won't be a fantasy factor unless Edwards and Dobbins miss time. And maybe not even then. ESPN's Jamison Hensley said Ingram "could be getting close to being inactive on game days."

RELATED: 

Justice Hill

, J.K. Dobbins

, Gus Edwards

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter 

Nov 23, 2020, 8:33 AM ET

Mark Ingram rushed six times for 28 yards in the Ravens' Week 13 win over the Cowboys.

Ingram received the start, but he looked like he was playing in slow motion compared to explosive rookie J.K. Dobbins, who led the backfield in snaps (21) and carries (11). The veteran is likely to play more of a mentor role down the stretch while letting the younger backs take over. Ingram is nothing more than a forgettable bench hold in 12-team formats. Even Gus Edwards played more snaps (18) than Ingram (11).

Dec 8, 2020, 11:17 PM ET

Mark Ingram rushed nine times for 39 yards in the Ravens' Week 17 win over the Bengals. 

Ingram was active for the first time in three weeks, and got some run in the fourth quarter with the game in hand. It wouldn't be a surprise if Ingram were a healthy scratch in the Ravens' opening playoff game, as J.K. Dobbins and Gus Edwards have split the backfield load in recent weeks. 

- Rotoworld

Ingram might be an upgrade in Buffalo for a Super Bowl run, or at least a nice complement to Singletary.
This is what the Ravens said the reason was (without mentioning Buffalo specifically). He's able to sign with a remaining playoff team.

It was no secret he wasn't coming back.

Ravens waived RB Mark Ingram. 

The abrupt ending to Ingram's Ravens tenure comes two seasons into his three-year deal. It is a highly unusual time of year for a team to release a veteran like Ingram. Even though he is subject to waivers, Ingram apparently cannot be claimed until after the Super Bowl. No one is going to pick him up at his scheduled $5 million salary. The move creates $5 million in 2021 salary cap space as the Ravens try to get ahead of what is going to be a reduced salary cap following this season's revenue shortfalls due to the COVID-19 pandemic. 31-year-old Ingram was a healthy scratch four of the Ravens' final five games, averaging a modest 4.2 yards per carry in the Ravens' road-paving rushing attack. Ingram probably still has some juice left in the tank, but J.K. Dobbins and Gus Edwards both offer more between the tackles at this stage of their careers. 

RELATED: 

Baltimore Ravens

SOURCE: ESPN

Jan 19, 2021, 4:01 PM ET

NBC Sports Edge take:

Texans signed RB Mark Ingram, formerly of the Ravens, to a one-year contract. 

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the deal is worth "up to" $3 million. Waived nearly two months ago, Ingram never developed much of a market. With David Johnson back with the Texans via a restructure, Ingram will once again be a part of a committee. If the money is to be believed, he will be the clear-cut No. 2 behind Johnson. Finally fading after years of strong between-the-tackles running and decent pass catching, 31-year-old Ingram will lack standalone fantasy value. Even in the event of a Johnson injury, Ingram would be unlikely to be a plug-and-play replacement. He's a reserve back on what will be a terrible team if Deshaun Watson is traded. 

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Mar 11, 2021, 4:02 PM ET

New Texans RB Mark Ingram "isn't sure" what his 2021 role will be. 

31-year-old Ingram signed nine days after David Johnson restructured his contract and eight days before Phillip Lindsay came aboard. Ingram best profiles as a short-yardage punisher, though all three Texans backs can do a little bit of everything. We could see a situation where Johnson is the lead back between the 20s, Lindsay changes the pace, and Ingram finishes near the goal line. The only piece of clarity we have this spring is that it's a committee situation that will produce minimal fantasy value. 

RELATED: 

Phillip Lindsay

, David Johnson

SOURCE: Aaron Reiss on Twitter 

Apr 1, 2021, 6:33 PM ET

ESPN's Sarah Barshop reports that Texans RB Mark Ingram could be "the odd man out" on cut-down day.

The Texans running back room is crowded right now, in the sense that there are literally too many humans in the room. One of David Johnson, Phillip Lindsay, Rex Burkhead and Ingram is likely to be among final cuts. Johnson's contract makes him an unlikely cut, whereas cutting Ingram would save Houston over $1.8 million against the cap. Ingram has had an impressive career, but was waived this offseason by the Ravens after being a healthy scratch in four of Baltimore's final five games. He managed just 349 yards from scrimmage in 2020. Ingram, who turns 32 in December, will need to recapture his early-career form in training camp to secure a roster spot this season. The Texans would gain similar cap savings from cutting Lindsay or Burkhead instead.

RELATED: 

Rex Burkhead

, David Johnson

, Phillip Lindsay

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Jul 7, 2021, 10:12 AM ET

MARK INGRAM RB, HOUSTON TEXANS

Mark Ingram and Phillip Lindsay are expected to see most of the work in a run heavy Texans "attack."

The Texans also have David Johnson and Rex Burkhead, who are likely to see work as well. With just five wide receivers on the roster, the Texans aren't built for high volume passing. Instead they're likely to repeatedly run the ball whenever they have the chance. With a win total of just four games, the lowest in the league, this plan of attack seems destined for a head-on collision with reality. Nevertheless, the Houston's offensive philosophy is likely to yield slower paced games that are far less fantasy friendly for opposing teams than in years past. The Texans host the Jaguars in Week 1.

RELATED: 

Phillip Lindsay

, David Johnson

, Rex Burkhead

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Sep 8, 2021, 9:45 AM ET

"It's a beautiful day at M&T Bank Stadium as the Baltimore Ravens face off against the Kansas City Chiefs and... wait what do we have here... BAH GAWD that's Mark Ingram!!! Descending from the top of the stadium!!!"

I haven't checked Twitter yet, but it would be nuts if Baltimore didn't inquire about Mark Ingram's availability. You need a vet who knows the Greg Roman offense inside and out and is ok in pass pro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Ingram rushed 26 times for 85 yards and a touchdown in the Texans' Week 1 win over the Jaguars.

Ingram was the clear lead back, with Phillip Lindsay (8) and David Johnson (3) finishing with fewer touches. All three backs managed to score against an overmatched Jacksonville defense. Ingram had a long run of 11 yards and averaged 3.3 YPC, a concerning sign for his going-forward outlook. Ingram shouldn't be trusted as more than an RB3 for a matchup with the Browns in Week 2.

"It's a beautiful day at M&T Bank Stadium as the Baltimore Ravens face off against the Kansas City Chiefs and... wait what do we have here... BAH GAWD that's Mark Ingram!!! Descending from the top of the stadium!!!"

I haven't checked Twitter yet, but it would be nuts if Baltimore didn't inquire about Mark Ingram's availability. You need a vet who knows the Greg Roman offense inside and out and is ok in pass pro.
:thumbup:   I think Ravens want to see how their backfield does after first few games.  

Mark Ingram rushed 18 times for 73 yards in Houston's Week 6 loss to the Colts, adding two catches for eight yards. 

That's about as good as it will get for Ingram in fantasy without a touchdown, as he remains a high-touch bruiser. He busted out a 24-yard run in the second quarter through an entirely empty gap to give those playing him a small boost. Ingram will again be on the RB3/FLEX line against the Cardinals in Week 7. 

- NBC SportsEDGE

Saints acquired RB Mark Ingram from the Texans.

31-year-old Ingram is going back to where it all began after being the Saints' first-round pick at No. 28 overall back in 2011. He spent the first eight years of his career in New Orleans before a two-year stint in Baltimore followed by a one-year deal with the Texans last offseason. Ingram is averaging a pitiful 3.2 yards per carry this season with just one touchdown but gets a major boost from an offensive line standpoint and will slide in as Alvin Kamara's change of pace. He could even steal some of the early-down work with Kamara on pace for a career-high 323 carries. It's not a fun trade for Kamara fantasy managers in an offense that already lacks play volume.

RELATED: 

Houston Texans

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Oct 27, 2021, 5:48 PM ET

Ingram couldn't beat out David Johnson in Houston. He will simply provide a breather for Kamara and maybe free Alvin up to catch the ball more while Ingram tries to protect Winston. Good move for NO.

Ingram couldn't beat out David Johnson in Houston. He will simply provide a breather for Kamara and maybe free Alvin up to catch the ball more while Ingram tries to protect Winston. Good move for NO.
What’s this now? Ingram was the first and second down RB in HOU. DJ is strictly the 3rd down back only. Even Lindsay has had more carries than DJ at this point.

What’s this now? Ingram was the first and second down RB in HOU. DJ is strictly the 3rd down back only. Even Lindsay has had more carries than DJ at this point.
Hmmm...swear I just read he had a 35% share in Hou. I sit corrected. Time to quit posting. 😂

Huh? He did beat out Johnson. I don't know how. Ingram has been washed up since last year. 

Huh? He did beat out Johnson. I don't know how. Ingram has been washed up since last year. 
See post immediately above yours. I was unaware as I must have read some old info. I thought they shut that team in Houston down outside of some Cooks named Brandon that they employ at the shelter.

See post immediately above yours. I was unaware as I must have read some old info. I thought they shut that team in Houston down outside of some Cooks they employ.
Your post above is technically right. Ingram did have about a 35% snap share in Houston and Johnson was around 50% because Johnson is the passing down back and Houston was constantly playing from behind. However, Ingram was the starter. Semantics perhaps. I dont think either of us are technically incorrect.

Your post above is technically right. Ingram did have about a 35% snap share in Houston and Johnson was around 50% because Johnson is the passing down back and Houston was constantly playing from behind. However, Ingram was the starter. Semantics perhaps. I dont think either of us are technically incorrect.
I just ASSUMED and drew up a wrong conclusion. Mayhaps old Ingram will be a worthwhile add. I think If I had to choose, I'd rather have David Johnson with an increased share over Ingram who will now compete with Kamara.

I just ASSUMED and drew up a wrong conclusion. Mayhaps old Ingram will be a worthwhile add. I think If I had to choose, I'd rather have David Johnson with an increased share over Ingram who will now compete with Kamara.
Yes I consider Ingram purely a handcuff at this point. Both were free in my league and I added Johnson.

have Ingram as my RB4..... yet to play him - but need him week 14 (now NO @ NYJ)     now Kamara guy is asking what his price is .......  I have decent depth, but am wondering what Ingram is now worth to the Kamara people ??

have Ingram as my RB4..... yet to play him - but need him week 14 (now NO @ NYJ)     now Kamara guy is asking what his price is .......  I have decent depth, but am wondering what Ingram is now worth to the Kamara people ??
I own Kamara in redraft. Mark Ingram is a free agent. I have no intention of picking him up. That’s how much he’s worth to me as an owner,

I'd take whatever you can get. His value is fairly worthless and probably only has worth to a Kamara owner as a handcuff.

Users who are viewing this thread