What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (1 Viewer)

Thank God.

Finally a touchdown.

If they don't start to use him more than just a goal line back, I don't see him any higher than an RB3.

Sproles is getting way more attention.

He looked good that drive, but they left him in there to run and catch. At least he justified his start for people who needed him with bye issues.

He's almost at 3YPC today. STUD.
2 of his 4 carries were at the goal there ace.So many people ITT rush to say, see I was right at the first chance. With the play calling who knows when we will figure out exactly what Ingram is and what he is not.

Last edited by a moderator:
He just got a 3rd and 1, and got a big chunk on hard running. THey left him in there, and he got 8 again. Then pulled for Sproles. Kid looks better today.

So, only 9 of the Saints' 28 carries went to Ingram today. He got the TD to salvage his fantasy day, but they looked to a lot of other guys in the red zone and at the goal line and really seemed focused on forcing the ball to Sproles. Ingram looked okay on his carries, but averaged just 3.6 yards per rush, so that's not exactly going to force Payton's hand to expand his role.

Worst of all, the game script seemed to set up well for a heavy dose of Ingram. The Saints led most of the way, but never by that much. On the road, it was the perfect scenario to grind it out with your workhorse. Instead, they kept trying to get Sproles into space.

I can't complain about the final FF points, but it's hard to have much confidence starting Ingram going forward. The Saints just seem to see him as a complimentary player in the offense.

He is what we thought he was. We does not include the people who think he is a top 20 running back but the people who think he is a top 30 back.

he has a really easy schedule coming up and with my bye weeks coming up he still has value to me. that being said i gonna see if i can sell high and package with a good wr for a rb upgrade

Trade Ingram since he got the Td and has some value. Forte went for 200 last week, Carolinas been a hot spot to start Rbs against. Ingram looks 1 dimensional, I'm really surprised Fbg has been so high on him, even up until this week, I just haven't seen anything I can hang my hat on.

He'llhave an occassional Td so the Saints can try to justify their pick but the truth is they wasted that pick. With Sproles and Thomas they don't even need Ingram, wasted pick on their part.

Bust

Said by the guy that drafted him in the early 4th of a 10 team redraft.

I bought into the hype - he's just not cutting it. I'll keep him on my bench and use him as a bye-week guy but that's it unless he shows something.

he has a really easy schedule coming up and with my bye weeks coming up he still has value to me. that being said i gonna see if i can sell high and package with a good wr for a rb upgrade
This was supposed to be his game. Carolina give's it up on the ground - instead we saw what the Saints want to do and that is use Ingram has a short yardage and complimentary back.He's not the bread and butter of this offence as many claimed he would be.I'm pretty bitter and I am highly invested in Ingram as well.

So, only 9 of the Saints' 28 carries went to Ingram today. He got the TD to salvage his fantasy day, but they looked to a lot of other guys in the red zone and at the goal line and really seemed focused on forcing the ball to Sproles. Ingram looked okay on his carries, but averaged just 3.6 yards per rush, so that's not exactly going to force Payton's hand to expand his role.Worst of all, the game script seemed to set up well for a heavy dose of Ingram. The Saints led most of the way, but never by that much. On the road, it was the perfect scenario to grind it out with your workhorse. Instead, they kept trying to get Sproles into space.I can't complain about the final FF points, but it's hard to have much confidence starting Ingram going forward. The Saints just seem to see him as a complimentary player in the offense.
Ingram looked good today, showed great power and lowered his pads. Made yardage where there was none. I was impressed.Having said that, he's not a great fantasy player right now. Too many mouths to feed on this team.

This was supposed to be his game. Carolina give's it up on the ground - instead we saw what the Saints want to do and that is use Ingram has a short yardage and complimentary back.He's not the bread and butter of this offence as many claimed he would be.I'm pretty bitter and I am highly invested in Ingram as well.
and as a bye week fill in id take the 10 pts he got today. im not saying he has any more value than that

So, only 9 of the Saints' 28 carries went to Ingram today. He got the TD to salvage his fantasy day, but they looked to a lot of other guys in the red zone and at the goal line and really seemed focused on forcing the ball to Sproles. Ingram looked okay on his carries, but averaged just 3.6 yards per rush, so that's not exactly going to force Payton's hand to expand his role.Worst of all, the game script seemed to set up well for a heavy dose of Ingram. The Saints led most of the way, but never by that much. On the road, it was the perfect scenario to grind it out with your workhorse. Instead, they kept trying to get Sproles into space.I can't complain about the final FF points, but it's hard to have much confidence starting Ingram going forward. The Saints just seem to see him as a complimentary player in the offense.
Ingram looked good today, showed great power and lowered his pads. Made yardage where there was none. I was impressed.Having said that, he's not a great fantasy player right now. Too many mouths to feed on this team.
I watched the game today. My impression was that the Saints seem to be going away from their usual MO, which is to take what the defense gives them and spread the ball around. I saw Brees forcing a lot of balls to Graham and a concerted effort to get the ball into Sproles' hands as often as possible, especially when they needed a big play. From what I saw, Payton wants those two guys (other than Brees, of course) to be the engine of the offense. Ingram is a supporting player, essentially on par with Pierre Thomas.Like many expected, Payton is gearing the offense to his new RB toy--it's just that that toy is Sproles, not Ingram.

Until someone gets hurt (Thomas), Ingram is unstartable. Ingram would pair well with Sproles, but Thomas keeps cutting into Ingram's touches. And from what I've seen, I'm not even convinced Ingram is better than Thomas.

On the plus side, Sproles is a lock for 90-100 total yards a week.

Why did Payton draft him? It seems so odd that he'd give up so much to draft a guy that is so replaceable in that offense. There is nothing that Ingram has done in 5 weeks that PT/Sproles (Payton thinks) couldn't do.

There is nothing that Ingram has done in 5 weeks that PT/Sproles (Payton thinks) couldn't do.
The Saints have historically had problems getting short yardage. Drafting Ingram was a way to address that concern. Did they give up too much to get him? probably. What they should have done was keep Mike Bell instead of letting him walk away two years ago.

So, only 9 of the Saints' 28 carries went to Ingram today. He got the TD to salvage his fantasy day, but they looked to a lot of other guys in the red zone and at the goal line and really seemed focused on forcing the ball to Sproles. Ingram looked okay on his carries, but averaged just 3.6 yards per rush, so that's not exactly going to force Payton's hand to expand his role.

Worst of all, the game script seemed to set up well for a heavy dose of Ingram. The Saints led most of the way, but never by that much. On the road, it was the perfect scenario to grind it out with your workhorse. Instead, they kept trying to get Sproles into space.

I can't complain about the final FF points, but it's hard to have much confidence starting Ingram going forward. The Saints just seem to see him as a complimentary player in the offense.
I watched the game today. My impression was that the Saints seem to be going away from their usual MO, which is to take what the defense gives them and spread the ball around. I saw Brees forcing a lot of balls to Graham and a concerted effort to get the ball into Sproles' hands as often as possible, especially when they needed a big play. From what I saw, Payton wants those two guys (other than Brees, of course) to be the engine of the offense. Ingram is a supporting player, essentially on par with Pierre Thomas.Like many expected, Payton is gearing the offense to his new RB toy--it's just that that toy is Sproles, not Ingram.
Yes, and not running as much and forcing balls to Graham and Sproles almost cost them the game today (that wouldve gone to OT if not for the CAR calling a TO at the end of the first half which allowed NO to have a FG attempt). If they were smart, they wouldve ran the ball with whichever RB to kill the clock and keep the ball out of Newton's hands. Hopefully Payton realizes this and starts to run more, which will help Ingram even if PT and Sproles are taking carries from him.

Why did Payton draft him? It seems so odd that he'd give up so much to draft a guy that is so replaceable in that offense. There is nothing that Ingram has done in 5 weeks that PT/Sproles (Payton thinks) couldn't do.
very :goodposting: just in Ingram still sucks

Until someone gets hurt (Thomas), Ingram is unstartable. Ingram would pair well with Sproles, but Thomas keeps cutting into Ingram's touches. And from what I've seen, I'm not even convinced Ingram is better than Thomas.On the plus side, Sproles is a lock for 90-100 total yards a week.
Every week starter he is not, unstartable, also, he is not.

There is nothing that Ingram has done in 5 weeks that PT/Sproles (Payton thinks) couldn't do.
The Saints have historically had problems getting short yardage. Drafting Ingram was a way to address that concern. Did they give up too much to get him? probably. What they should have done was keep Mike Bell instead of letting him walk away two years ago.
lol wut? cant they just sign bell now if they wanted to?

Ingram is fine. Talent is there. Just not the commitment.

When he goes 8 yards on the 3-1 and then 8 more on the next play... Why not keep pounding? Make the D prove they can stop it?

Comes down to coaching style and philosophy. Too bad Jerry Jones didn't draft Ingram!!!!

Did you follow the Saints RB injuries last year? Ingram is a capable back and shores up a position that can be crushed by injuries. Payton is winning real games in the NFL and doesnt care about your fantasy team. Strange that so many players dont get that.

Interesting to see what happens when Chris Ivory comes back in week 7. If he's healthy he'll compete with Ingram for the power back role and Ivory is faster and proven.

Why did you draft the damn guy... @ Saints FO
Ingram was drafted to be the future of the Saints running game. He is a rookie playing in the backfield with two other talented veteran backs. He is going to have to earn his reps. Thats how Sean Payton does things. Sorry you thought he was going to just walk in and take the load. He also needs to make more of his opportunities when he does get a shot. So far this competition has been all Sproles. I am shocked at how good Sproles is. The Chargers really under utilized him.

'ChromeWeasel said:
'AmosMoses said:
Payton is winning real games in the NFL and doesnt care about your fantasy team. Strange that so many players dont get that.
Eh, it's not so much that. How does anyone explain last week against the Jags... They get the ball with 7 minutes left in the game, up by 13. The throw it every play, then punt, running little time off the clock. They get the ball back with 3 minutes left, up by 13 and continue to throw it. Brees took a sack and was hit other times. My question is why do you risk your franchise player when you don't have to? If Brees goes down, so does the season. To me it seems like he's getting to cute and taking unneeded risks.

'ChromeWeasel said:
'AmosMoses said:
Did you follow the Saints RB injuries last year? Ingram is a capable back and shores up a position that can be crushed by injuries. Payton is winning real games in the NFL and doesnt care about your fantasy team. Strange that so many players dont get that.
Payton's game plan damn near lost the game for him yet again. He's stubborn. Even the announcers were questioning his strategy. He's just too cute.

Users who are viewing this thread