What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (3 Viewers)

Gotta agree that the "I watch all the games" shtick is tired and uninformative. Plenty of stupid people watch football. If you are going to use that argument please follow it up with which NFL team pays you to scout for them, it might add a little credibility.

That being said I think it is fair to say that Ingram had been pretty pedestrian with most of his opportunities, limited as they were, during his first three seasons.

But that's irrelevant right now because he is running incredibly well this season, and that is all that any of us cares about.

For all we know Payton is keeping Khiry out to rest him up because he's going to ride him late into the season and the playoffs. lol With Payton you never know.
Yep and Arians is a moron with his use of Ellington. Has no idea how to coach.Did we ever think maybe Paytons use of his RBs the last 3 years is due a bit to the fact that he hasn't had one emerge as a legit RB1? There hasn't been a stretch of back to back dominating games (carries and production) from a NO RB since Deuce McAlister was there. We don't have a track record on what he'll do for this situation in recent years but we can look back to the Deuce years and see that he used the power back effectively when it was an option.

This is what Payton drafted Ingram for. He wanted him to be Deuce part deux. Now that its finally happening, people think he wants to go back to a committee?
Arians has no idea how to coach? Doesn't Arizona have the best record in the nfl or one of the best? How can you say that? Lol
:lmao:

Your sarcasm meter needs to be re-calibrated.

Watching the games is relevant with Ingram because the numbers are really far from telling the full story. There used to be a time when people would ask for 'homer' opinions here. Having seen every carry of the Ingrams career and quietly buying him in every dynasty league I could this summer, it seemed time to share that experience of watching him change, which simply isn't captured in box scores. When I want some insight on Shane Vereen, I'll pay some attention to the Patriots fans in the thread.

Anyway, let's all enjoy watching a good guy resurrect his career.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: RBM
Watching the games is relevant with Ingram because the numbers are really far from telling the full story. There used to be a time when people would ask for 'homer' opinions here. Having seen every carry of the Ingrams career and quietly buying him in every dynasty league I could this summer, it seemed time to share that experience of watching him change, which simply isn't captured in box scores. When I want some insight on Shane Vereen, I'll pay some attention to the Patriots fans in the thread.

You watching games, or every carry of Ingram's career, is only relevant to you. For all we know you are a drooling, lunatic who draws Sons of Anarchy vs Ingram's career carries venn diagrams in feces on the walls of your padded cell.

Boy do I need about 150 yds and 3 TD to offset Hill's and Green's duds on Thursday night. Please feed him the rock and sprinkle in about 5 recrptions.

Yeah this place has changed.
Don't be so cynical. Plenty of people here still appreciate homer viewpoints, but that doesn't mean homer word is gospel.

I definitely agree with you that Ingram is resurrecting his career. But I also agree that Sean Payton is a strict RBBC guy and that it's much more likely Ingram gets 35-50% of the pie when Khiry and Pierre return than the 60-70% he deserves with the way he's running.

why are ppl always quietly buying?

Don't be so cynical. Plenty of people here still appreciate homer viewpoints, but that doesn't mean homer word is gospel.

I definitely agree with you that Ingram is resurrecting his career. But I also agree that Sean Payton is a strict RBBC guy and that it's much more likely Ingram gets 35-50% of the pie when Khiry and Pierre return than the 60-70% he deserves with the way he's running.
At even 35% of the pie that is 5% more than he has been getting all season as it is. I'll take it.

why are ppl always quietly buying?
It probably isn't logical, but when you have multiple leagues it doesn't feel right to thump your chest about your latest acquisition when you are still in the market for the guy in another league (then again I have several guys that are in multiple leagues of mine). It could also, potentially, alter other [fantasy football] player's perception of how 'easy' you are to get good value from in a trade. I wonder if sometimes shouting from the rooftops how happy you are with a trade might make future trade partners sit back and look at it with a bit of a suspicious eye.

........or maybe it's just because if you buy loudly it gets thrown back in your face when the guy(s) you bought don't pan out. :) Safer to wait until you get the results you wanted before calling it

no worries, that wasn't one of chaka's better posts in the last (almost) 34 thousand.

and many of us do appreciate the homer take, as we don't see all the games and are not nearly as invested in the team.

on to this week w/ SF @ home. i'm thinking 18 for 90 and a score.

ingram has been a top 10ish RB for all games played (maybe better) when you consider he's only played 5 games w/ the hand injury.

This is the kind of game that Ingram can get stuck on the sideline. It's going to be interesting to see how he is used today the rest of the game.

renesauz said:
All I knows is we hates him. We HATES the dirty nasty Ingram, don't we my Precious? Yes we do, we hates him. And we hates ALL the Ain'ts
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Dirty nasty little Aint's aren't they my Precious.
I wish Saints fans' nickname for the Falcons was less vulgar and more post-able.
Falcos?
Foulc##ts.
That's a good one, now that's all I'm going to hear. :lmao:

This is the kind of game that Ingram can get stuck on the sideline. It's going to be interesting to see how he is used today the rest of the game.
No matter the score, the Saints seem to be intent on Ingram getting a carry and 2 yards at least once per each series of downs.

No matter the score, the Saints seem to be intent on Ingram getting a carry and 2 yards at least once per each series of downs.
what? He is averaging nearly 4.5 yards per carry on the season. He's above 4 today. He's one of the main reasons the passing game has opened up during the last 3 weeks.Perhaps you were just stating that he'll get his carries but the 2 yard comment is false.

Yeah what a waste, running the ball. Brees should just throw it 80 times a game.

Holy backlash. Settle people.

The running is worthwhile, he will do fine.
it's cool, but your comment made no sense.
I made the comment because I watch every snap *and* when I made the comment here is what he had done. I meant nothing about his past 2014 YPC, nothing about his future value, nothing about his mom's haircut.

Facts that drove the comments below. Looking at it, maybe I should have written 3 yds? Maybe thrown in a cloud of dust reference?

IN ANY EVENT, Im hopeful he'll be great from here on out. Go Ingram....

1-10-NO 23(12:56) M.Ingram left guard to NO 26 for 3 yards (C.Borland).
NO_logo-20x20.gif
1-10-NO 24(4:13) M.Ingram right end to NO 27 for 3 yards (A.Lynch; C.Borland).
NO_logo-20x20.gif
2-10-SF 38(2:39) M.Ingram left tackle to SF 35 for 3 yards (M.Wilhoite; T.Jerod-Eddie).
NO_logo-20x20.gif
2-10-SF 23(1:29) (Shotgun) M.Ingram left tackle to SF 21 for 2 yards (C.Borland).

Besides the opening drive of the game, where Brees came out chucking and threw a pick, putting them in the hole.

Running great. 37 yards after contact. He's a stud. Need the Saints to score again and get ahead and then let Ingram chew clock.

that missed 3rd hurt.

This was going to be his drive. There will likely be more urgency/passing on future possessions.

I could have swore Ingram caught a pass for 13 yards earlier but they aren't showing it on his stat line. So Ingram might have a stat correction coming that would add 2.3 points to his total.

Users who are viewing this thread