What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dion Lewis (3 Viewers)

The season is far from over and Lord knows I'm not gonna try and outsmart Belichick but we're at Week 8 and we've yet to see a single example of "Belitricks" with Lewis and the NE backfield. Lewis and Blount seem to have very specific and clear roles and there hasn't been a shift away from them to this point. Does that mean it won't ever happen this season? Of course not but I feel as comfortable assessing the NE backfield as I've ever been. Belichick has really played this very straight with his two RBs to this point this season.

Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis I'm or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? Lewis or Charc? LEWIS or CHARC?

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Not really asking. Just venting. Coaching errors have plagued me this season. :wall:
I have the same choice - let me know what you do so I can do the opposite :P

The season is far from over and Lord knows I'm not gonna try and outsmart Belichick but we're at Week 8 and we've yet to see a single example of "Belitricks" with Lewis and the NE backfield. Lewis and Blount seem to have very specific and clear roles and there hasn't been a shift away from them to this point. Does that mean it won't ever happen this season? Of course not but I feel as comfortable assessing the NE backfield as I've ever been. Belichick has really played this very straight with his two RBs to this point this season.
I think what was most interesting was White playing on 64% of the snaps. The roles are so defined as it pertains to snaps that Lewis's back up came in and quite literally saw the exact play time and very similar usage.

I think what was most interesting was White playing on 64% of the snaps. The roles are so defined as it pertains to snaps that Lewis's back up came in and quite literally saw the exact play time and very similar usage.
The main difference is White offers no threat in the run game so the Patriots just nixed it and threw all day. Lewis is a good runner so he provides a run game element from their primary spread look. That's why I think he's so valuable to the team and to fantasy owners. He isn't just a receiving threat; he's a good runner too so he's a legit 3-down back in an explosive offense who has proven to be quite good in the Red Zone.

I can start two of Dion, Lat Murray & JStew. Given Murray plays vs. Jets, I'm glad Dion is active. I'll roll the dice that Dion gives us more than he did week 6 @ Indy.

Interesting to see the reluctance to play a Top 10 RB. I get the concern over health but I would expect Lewis owners to be rejoicing to get him back tonight. I know I am.
My reluctance is only the health. What if they get up big and they decide to take it slow with him by limiting his snap counts?

Would love to get official word that he is playing, which will likely only come amidst pre-game warm-ups. If he plays, though, I am starting him with confidence, even knowing that gameplan might be to use Blount more, or that the lingering injury may affect him.

From what I've seen of Lewis this year, even with those mitigating circumstances he is going to get opportunity, and has the ability to find success regardless.

Article posted 5 minutes ago --

Patriots running back Dion Lewis, who missed the game Sunday against the Jets with an abdominal injury, will play tonight against the Miami Dolphins, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.Lewis was limited in practice this week and is listed as questionable on the injury report. More to come…http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/report-rb-dion-lewis-will-play-tonight-for-patriots-vs-dolphins

It would still be prudent to double-check his latest status just before game time, obviously.

Interesting to see the reluctance to play a Top 10 RB. I get the concern over health but I would expect Lewis owners to be rejoicing to get him back tonight. I know I am.
My reluctance is only the health. What if they get up big and they decide to take it slow with him by limiting his snap counts?
This is it for me too. Probably sitting him where I have a comparable option (McFadden in this instance), just too worried about the injury hindering his performance (kinda looked like it vs Indy?) and re-injury/early exit. I'm in standard so if Lewis is inefficient he's a little risky, in PPR the 4-6 receptions are a nice safety net.

Even when he's healthy they appear to limit his snap counts if they're up big and go to Blount. As others in here have mentioned that appears to actually be a good sign - Gronk seems to be the only other guy that gets that treatment.

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms Dion Lewis (abdomen) is expected to play Thursday evening.
Per Schefter, Lewis will have to prove his health in pre-game warmups, but the consensus is that he'll play. Schefter's colleague confirms Lewis is dealing with an abdominal strain. With his health at less than 100 percent, Lewis will be a lower-end RB2 if he suits up.

Yes and to take this further, BB must LOVE Lewis to offer him a contract extension mid-season. A huge endorsement.

From listening to pregame coverage, the impression I got was Lewis will be playing but it doesn't sound like he will get his usual snap count. No one really knows what to expect, but it sounds like some people are concerned he is not 100%. Just food for thought

On a side note, I am probably 50 miles away and it is windy as all get out. Some gusts you can barely walk. Not sure if it will stay like that, but it should make for some interesting plays in the kicking game.

He's active but nobody seems to know if he's actually healthy.

I'm starting him but fully expecting to be disappointed.

Mike Reiss Twitter has photos up of Lewis making sharp cuts in warm ups. Says he looks very ready for tonight's game. I would link it but you can find it Im sure.

Pats will roll with just 6 OL tonight, could be the real key to the game. Can Miami exploit the LT position for the Pats? Wake 6 sacks in 2 games, he operates over the RT spot. Will Miami's defense enforce their will on NE's OL? If NE wins the battle then Lewis should have a typicaly 15-20 PPR format like he has been doing.

Either by air or by land he should see plenty of touches.

I was going to start Lacy and pray he does something vs Denver but with news he's looking good, I might start Lewis in a standard league.

Mike Reiss Twitter has photos up of Lewis making sharp cuts in warm ups. Says he looks very ready for tonight's game. I would link it but you can find it Im sure.
Problem is his abs aren't getting tested in warmups. Contact will be the true test and injuries like this can get tweaked in the 1st Q and then an active goes to inactive.

Who would he not be able to cut? His legs are fine. Let's see how he does when he gets tackled and body slammed.
An ab strain does have an impact on how well you can cut and go. Its a core muscle, effects everything you will do

Last edited by a moderator:
Pat's rolled with six OLmen against the Jets also. Mike Wlliams is listed as. TE, so he really is their 7th guy.

I don't see Lewis getting more than 5-6 carries and 5-6 catches. Maybe he is healthier than I give credit for, but he hasn't done a full pads practice in a while.

Pat's rolled with six OLmen against the Jets also. Mike Wlliams is listed as. TE, so he really is their 7th guy.

I don't see Lewis getting more than 5-6 carries and 5-6 catches. Maybe he is healthier than I give credit for, but he hasn't done a full pads practice in a while.
5/22, 5rec/55/td

18 in PPR, most will take it.

5/22, 5rec/55/td

18 in PPR, most will take it.
I'd be thrilled with that line in 0.5ppr.

This guy is Paul Revere. By land. By air. By sea. Whatever it takes.

7/43. 6/62/1

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Lewis or Hillman for me. Don't love Hillman's matchup, and I honestly have no idea if he's the number 1 guy, 1A, 1B, COP, etc. CJ Anderson says he's healthier now after the bye and hints he's been playing through some injury. Who the hell knows?

Rolling with Lewis

For me it's west vs Lewis. Think I will roll with west but could see regretting that decision. Good luck guys!

Now I am really confused. Do I start L. Murray or Dion Lewis? Murray is going to have a tough game against the Jets run defense.

Argg you guys sucked me into the Lewis vortex again over dez/Moncrief, lets hope for an early score like the JAX game

Users who are viewing this thread