Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Usual21

Homeland

Alright just watched last night's episode. Still good but can't believe they're letting Allison be involved at all. She's a traitor. They all know it. Dar can't be that gullible.

I guess he is that gullible. Dar and Saul should be fired or imprisoned for being so stupid. These guys are clueless.

.And letting the doctor redress her wound when he almost killed Quinn trying to get the location of the attack. But yea, ok doc, get that redress done in 10, I'll wait.

That was a different doctor.

.And letting the doctor redress her wound when he almost killed Quinn trying to get the location of the attack. But yea, ok doc, get that redress done in 10, I'll wait.

I think he was speaking about Saul and his patience. Not the doctor.
  • Like 1

Ah gotcha. Sorry, ever since I saw Saul eating that peanut butter with a ruler in the dark, I feel he's above any criticism.

Ah gotcha. Sorry, ever since I saw Saul eating that peanut butter with a ruler in the dark, I feel he's above any criticism.
When was that

When was that
My wife remembers that. I don't. She thinks it was when him and the wife broke up a couple of seasons back in his office.

When was that
My wife remembers that. I don't. She thinks it was when him and the wife broke up a couple of seasons back in his office.

I had to find it. And there it is.

http://postimg.org/image/3jqu6jusp/

• Like 1

How many people commit suicide under Sauls watch

Note to self. Do NOT let Saul Berenson intrigate me.

So we skipped Season 4. Do we have to watch it to see Season 5?

Quick recap of season 4 to get us up to speed?

Not really but it's not a terrible season. I think it's worth going through. I wish I could unwatch Season 3

Not really but it's not a terrible season. I think it's worth going through. I wish I could unwatch Season 3

yeah, season 3 made me give up on it.

This whole Allison thing has gotten really stupid, but I'm having fun watching. :loco:

She has some great legs for an old traitorous #####.

Edited by shadyridr

I thought season 4 was pretty good until the finale. Skip that.

The final was a big let down based on how entertaining this season has been.

No kidding

What a garbage finale. They can't let Quinn go out like that either. Horrible

And Otto must have a death wish. Stay away from Carrie!

What a garbage finale. They can't let Quinn go out like that either. Horrible

And Otto must have a death wish. Stay away from Carrie!

What a complete season finale letdown... Meh.

Not much fireworks but I was satisfied.

Thought it was a great season of tv. This should have been season three with several seasons like this to follow.

SPOILER ALERT! (If you haven't watched the most recent episode)

I was glad that Saul called Allison out about her story, I kept saying that to my wife when the scene was going on.

"So she's gonna convince everyone that this doctor got a hold of the big CIA dude's gun and then shot both of them, all while sitting in a chair?"

Also she didn't even put his fingerprints on the gun or anything, unless I missed it.

The other thing I was wondering about last night: Allison's phony tip

At first I thought she was giving a real tip so that she could look like the hero and get under everyone's good graces again. Did she give the fake tip because she was scared of what the Russians would do to her? I know she's mostly just trying to cover herself at this point.

Would love to hear what everyone thinks! I agree this season has been a lot better than the last few.

I kept thinking Dexter.

The blood spatter is all wrong.

Guy is in chair, Allison and partner are in front of him, side by side.

Allison shoots guy from the left, spraying blood on the right wall. From guy in chairs perspective, he'd have had to get out of the chair, move to the right and forward, then turn and shoot guy, then go back to the chair and shoot her, point blank in the shoulder. Her clothes/skin would have burns from the muzzle flash being pressed against her which would almost immediately ruin her story.

SPOILER ALERT! (If you haven't watched the most recent episode)

I was glad that Saul called Allison out about her story, I kept saying that to my wife when the scene was going on.

"So she's gonna convince everyone that this doctor got a hold of the big CIA dude's gun and then shot both of them, all while sitting in a chair?"

Also she didn't even put his fingerprints on the gun or anything, unless I missed it.

The other thing I was wondering about last night: Allison's phony tip

At first I thought she was giving a real tip so that she could look like the hero and get under everyone's good graces again. Did she give the fake tip because she was scared of what the Russians would do to her? I know she's mostly just trying to cover herself at this point.

Would love to hear what everyone thinks! I agree this season has been a lot better than the last few.

I kept thinking Dexter.

The blood spatter is all wrong.

Guy is in chair, Allison and partner are in front of him, side by side.

Allison shoots guy from the left, spraying blood on the right wall. From guy in chairs perspective, he'd have had to get out of the chair, move to the right and forward, then turn and shoot guy, then go back to the chair and shoot her, point blank in the shoulder. Her clothes/skin would have burns from the muzzle flash being pressed against her which would almost immediately ruin her story.

if there's one thing I learned from CSI... GSR.

I thought season 4 was pretty good until the finale. Skip that.

After the last few reviews of the finale, I think I'll just continue to ignore the rest of the series.

I get what everyone's saying, but y'all are addicted to these huge splash endings. I didn't mind it, but wasn't in love with it. It almost felt like a series ender.

I get what everyone's saying, but y'all are addicted to these huge splash endings. I didn't mind it, but wasn't in love with it. It almost felt like a series ender.

I started trying to remember if this was in fact the series finale as I was watching it, didn't leave anything open ended. Has it been renewed? Could this possibly have been a safe ending for the season in case it was a series finale?

• Like 1

I started trying to remember if this was in fact the series finale as I was watching it, didn't leave anything open ended. Has it been renewed? Could this possibly have been a safe ending for the season in case it was a series finale?

:shrug: I kinda hope it is with the way they left things. The show takes a big hit with Quinn being dead (they better not do some corny miracle recovery).

I didn't mind the Quinn stuff obviously. I also didn't mind her breakup with her boyfriend. Those were necessary to show to close loose ends. But a lot of the other stuff was a drag. They ended the terrorist attack in the beginning of the episode. All that build up for a 5 minute shootout was horrible. And then they ignored the Alison stuff again until the final 5 minutes where Saul basically murdered her.

I think the finales stink because they're too invested in Carrie's personal relationships which for me is the least interesting part of the show.

I guess the way they left off with the Durian proposal (?) and her deciding not to pull the plug on Quinn was their idea of a cliffhanger.

I was fine with the end of Allison. No way could Saul take her alive. She just knew way too much.

Was that a marriage proposal. A bit out of left field

When he started off, I thought it was a marriage proposal. Then I thought it was a business proposal, but then he touched her hand. :lol::loco::confused:

ETA: wasn't he talking to Jonas about ending her contract a few episodes back?

Edited by Ned

When he started off, I thought it was a marriage proposal. Then I thought it was a business proposal, but then he touched her hand. :lol::loco::confused:

He lied to both Jonas and Carrie. He was trying to undermine their relationship.

He lied to both Jonas and Carrie. He was trying to undermine their relationship.

ooooooh, girlfriend.

ooooooh, girlfriend.

I was really hoping he was lying to them for ANY other reason than that.

:shrug: I kinda hope it is with the way they left things. The show takes a big hit with Quinn being dead (they better not do some corny miracle recovery).

Not the series finale, renewed for season 6.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/homeland-renewed-season-6-the-affair-season-3-showtime-1201657633/

Another terrible finale. Also, after to a promising start this season really turned mediocre. I'll most likely watch another season (assuming I still have cable) but this show has really gone downhill. Seasons 1 and 2 were great, the rest have all been pretty mediocre.

Landstuhl Regional Medical Center is no where near Berlin. It also doesn't have any of those fancy windows, but I'm sure Quinn didn't mind.

Edited by Doctor Detroit

In regards to the finale stinking -

If I remember correctly most seasons have been like this, where the 2nd to last episode is really the climax and the finale is just tying up loose ends and setting things up for the next season. Game of Thrones does it the same way.

I was laughing when Carrie went back to her house at the end, I said to my wife "Hi honey, I'm home! All that crazy terrorist stuff is over now, so let's just forget that I'm a lunatic and go back to normal!!"

And then, of course, that's exactly what she said pretty much verbatim.

So I departed the series with Brody - by the way, when Showtime shows those promos for the stupid-looking new series "Billions" with Damian Lewis, I want to sock him in the snout, so I'm pretty sure Homeland soured me on him for good - and came back this season because I thankfully had a light month and bingewatched.

Overall it was a strong season despite the ridiculous nonsense of letting Allison out into the field again - hey, why not let the Russian guy go as well, right? I just couldn't get past that.

Anyway, then came the finale, which was awful. First off, the Carrie relationship crap was ridiculous. From a shallow perspective, I used to think Claire Danes was really pretty (when she was in Terminator 3, for example), but she just looks terrible to me now despite being my type on paper, so I just can't get into it when 75% of an episode is devoted to THREE guys falling for her/rejecting her for reasons that weren't clear/whatever, including a billionaire. On another shallow note, Allison aged just terribly since she was a really cute Eowyn in Lord of the Rings.

Killing Quinn - stupid. (And even more stupid that they left it open-ended.) I'd guess half the audience is watching just for him.

The pacing was all wrong as others have mentioned. I felt sorry for the jumper, Marwan (?). And I hated the Laura character, although the actress was excellent. Oh, and IRL Dar Adal (is he the CIA director? Love the outfit) and Saul would be fired immediately and perhaps even prosecuted.

Just what I've come to expect from this show, pretty much. I wish this had been a season finale but I'm sure S6 can feature five, no, hell, ten guys wanting to get in Carrie's pants while she fights some threat that awkwardly shoehorns in the CIA, FOR WHICH CARRIE DEFINITELY DOES NOT WORK. Maybe Chris Brody has become a terrorist of some sort by now.

I think the finales stink because they're too invested in Carrie's personal relationships which for me is the least interesting part of the show.

:goodposting:

This is literally the least interesting part of the show.

Killing Quinn - stupid. (And even more stupid that they left it open-ended.) I'd guess half the audience is watching just for him.

Open ended? I thought he was 110% dead. :shrug: