What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Homeland (2 Viewers)

So we skipped Season 4. Do we have to watch it to see Season 5?

Quick recap of season 4 to get us up to speed?

What a garbage finale. They can't let Quinn go out like that either. Horrible

And Otto must have a death wish. Stay away from Carrie!

Not much fireworks but I was satisfied.

Thought it was a great season of tv. This should have been season three with several seasons like this to follow.

SPOILER ALERT! (If you haven't watched the most recent episode)

I was glad that Saul called Allison out about her story, I kept saying that to my wife when the scene was going on.

"So she's gonna convince everyone that this doctor got a hold of the big CIA dude's gun and then shot both of them, all while sitting in a chair?"

Also she didn't even put his fingerprints on the gun or anything, unless I missed it.

The other thing I was wondering about last night: Allison's phony tip

At first I thought she was giving a real tip so that she could look like the hero and get under everyone's good graces again. Did she give the fake tip because she was scared of what the Russians would do to her? I know she's mostly just trying to cover herself at this point.

Would love to hear what everyone thinks! I agree this season has been a lot better than the last few.
I kept thinking Dexter.

The blood spatter is all wrong.

Guy is in chair, Allison and partner are in front of him, side by side.

Allison shoots guy from the left, spraying blood on the right wall. From guy in chairs perspective, he'd have had to get out of the chair, move to the right and forward, then turn and shoot guy, then go back to the chair and shoot her, point blank in the shoulder. Her clothes/skin would have burns from the muzzle flash being pressed against her which would almost immediately ruin her story.

SPOILER ALERT! (If you haven't watched the most recent episode)

I was glad that Saul called Allison out about her story, I kept saying that to my wife when the scene was going on.

"So she's gonna convince everyone that this doctor got a hold of the big CIA dude's gun and then shot both of them, all while sitting in a chair?"

Also she didn't even put his fingerprints on the gun or anything, unless I missed it.

The other thing I was wondering about last night: Allison's phony tip

At first I thought she was giving a real tip so that she could look like the hero and get under everyone's good graces again. Did she give the fake tip because she was scared of what the Russians would do to her? I know she's mostly just trying to cover herself at this point.

Would love to hear what everyone thinks! I agree this season has been a lot better than the last few.
I kept thinking Dexter.

The blood spatter is all wrong.

Guy is in chair, Allison and partner are in front of him, side by side.

Allison shoots guy from the left, spraying blood on the right wall. From guy in chairs perspective, he'd have had to get out of the chair, move to the right and forward, then turn and shoot guy, then go back to the chair and shoot her, point blank in the shoulder. Her clothes/skin would have burns from the muzzle flash being pressed against her which would almost immediately ruin her story.
if there's one thing I learned from CSI... GSR.

I get what everyone's saying, but y'all are addicted to these huge splash endings. I didn't mind it, but wasn't in love with it. It almost felt like a series ender.

I get what everyone's saying, but y'all are addicted to these huge splash endings. I didn't mind it, but wasn't in love with it. It almost felt like a series ender.
I started trying to remember if this was in fact the series finale as I was watching it, didn't leave anything open ended. Has it been renewed? Could this possibly have been a safe ending for the season in case it was a series finale?

I started trying to remember if this was in fact the series finale as I was watching it, didn't leave anything open ended. Has it been renewed? Could this possibly have been a safe ending for the season in case it was a series finale?
:shrug: I kinda hope it is with the way they left things. The show takes a big hit with Quinn being dead (they better not do some corny miracle recovery).

I didn't mind the Quinn stuff obviously. I also didn't mind her breakup with her boyfriend. Those were necessary to show to close loose ends. But a lot of the other stuff was a drag. They ended the terrorist attack in the beginning of the episode. All that build up for a 5 minute shootout was horrible. And then they ignored the Alison stuff again until the final 5 minutes where Saul basically murdered her.

I think the finales stink because they're too invested in Carrie's personal relationships which for me is the least interesting part of the show.

I guess the way they left off with the Durian proposal (?) and her deciding not to pull the plug on Quinn was their idea of a cliffhanger.

I was fine with the end of Allison. No way could Saul take her alive. She just knew way too much.

Was that a marriage proposal. A bit out of left field
When he started off, I thought it was a marriage proposal. Then I thought it was a business proposal, but then he touched her hand. :lol: :loco: :confused:

ETA: wasn't he talking to Jonas about ending her contract a few episodes back?

Last edited by a moderator:
When he started off, I thought it was a marriage proposal. Then I thought it was a business proposal, but then he touched her hand. :lol: :loco: :confused:

He lied to both Jonas and Carrie. He was trying to undermine their relationship.
ooooooh, girlfriend.

He lied to both Jonas and Carrie. He was trying to undermine their relationship.
ooooooh, girlfriend.
I was really hoping he was lying to them for ANY other reason than that.

:shrug: I kinda hope it is with the way they left things. The show takes a big hit with Quinn being dead (they better not do some corny miracle recovery).
Not the series finale, renewed for season 6.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/homeland-renewed-season-6-the-affair-season-3-showtime-1201657633/

Another terrible finale. Also, after to a promising start this season really turned mediocre. I'll most likely watch another season (assuming I still have cable) but this show has really gone downhill. Seasons 1 and 2 were great, the rest have all been pretty mediocre.

Landstuhl Regional Medical Center is no where near Berlin. It also doesn't have any of those fancy windows, but I'm sure Quinn didn't mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to the finale stinking -

If I remember correctly most seasons have been like this, where the 2nd to last episode is really the climax and the finale is just tying up loose ends and setting things up for the next season. Game of Thrones does it the same way.

I was laughing when Carrie went back to her house at the end, I said to my wife "Hi honey, I'm home! All that crazy terrorist stuff is over now, so let's just forget that I'm a lunatic and go back to normal!!"

And then, of course, that's exactly what she said pretty much verbatim.

So I departed the series with Brody - by the way, when Showtime shows those promos for the stupid-looking new series "Billions" with Damian Lewis, I want to sock him in the snout, so I'm pretty sure Homeland soured me on him for good - and came back this season because I thankfully had a light month and bingewatched.

Overall it was a strong season despite the ridiculous nonsense of letting Allison out into the field again - hey, why not let the Russian guy go as well, right? I just couldn't get past that.

Anyway, then came the finale, which was awful. First off, the Carrie relationship crap was ridiculous. From a shallow perspective, I used to think Claire Danes was really pretty (when she was in Terminator 3, for example), but she just looks terrible to me now despite being my type on paper, so I just can't get into it when 75% of an episode is devoted to THREE guys falling for her/rejecting her for reasons that weren't clear/whatever, including a billionaire. On another shallow note, Allison aged just terribly since she was a really cute Eowyn in Lord of the Rings.

Killing Quinn - stupid. (And even more stupid that they left it open-ended.) I'd guess half the audience is watching just for him.

The pacing was all wrong as others have mentioned. I felt sorry for the jumper, Marwan (?). And I hated the Laura character, although the actress was excellent. Oh, and IRL Dar Adal (is he the CIA director? Love the outfit) and Saul would be fired immediately and perhaps even prosecuted.

Just what I've come to expect from this show, pretty much. I wish this had been a season finale but I'm sure S6 can feature five, no, hell, ten guys wanting to get in Carrie's pants while she fights some threat that awkwardly shoehorns in the CIA, FOR WHICH CARRIE DEFINITELY DOES NOT WORK. Maybe Chris Brody has become a terrorist of some sort by now.

Aerial Assault said:
Killing Quinn - stupid. (And even more stupid that they left it open-ended.) I'd guess half the audience is watching just for him.
Open ended? I thought he was 110% dead. :shrug:
with the fade to white, it's implied. of course it could also mean zomg it's a miracle divine light fade to white given the praying carried did. next season, it's carrie the flying nun.

Quinn was alive but on life support and stable as far as I could tell (the dialogue was atrociously unclear on this). It also appeared that Carrie went into his room to euthanize him, hence her barricading the door and closing the shades. I took the sudden divine burst of light to mean she was changing her mind, thus leaving Quinn's fate open.

Quinn was alive but on life support and stable as far as I could tell (the dialogue was atrociously unclear on this). It also appeared that Carrie went into his room to euthanize him, hence her barricading the door and closing the shades. I took the sudden divine burst of light to mean she was changing her mind, thus leaving Quinn's fate open.
This is where I am also.

This. Next season begins with Carrie wheeling Quinn around in his wheelchair.

This. Next season begins with Carrie wheeling Quinn around in his wheelchair.
The next season begins with Carrie under cover as a Lumberjack in the PNW chasing down a serial killer.

Good points. I was bored and sort of paying attention, so I assumed the light was taking Quinn.

The only way they kill Quinn off is if the actor opted out of the show. He's way too important for the show to off him.

I liked the way they closed off the whole train tunnel bomb scene early on and was curious as to how they were going to fill in the remainder of the episode. Unfortunately, they didn't do much with the remaining time.

I was with a few others here with regard to the whole staged attack by the professor.

1. a 150 lb weakling takes a gun from the former NFL linebacker;

2. shoots linebacker;

3. shoots Allison in the shoulder with gun contacting shoulder (gun power residue had to be all over her);

4. Allison shoots him from 5 feet away after being shot herself;

5. he falls down into a chair like he's Al Bundy (but for the hand in his pants.).

Yup. Seems like a logical progression to me. I'd take her word for it.

Users who are viewing this thread