What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread-Wildcards-Denver@Indy (1 Viewer)

ouchies mr manning 7/8 for 129 with 2tds of 31 and 46 yards... i hope everyone picked the "over" on the total score line.

Well....it looks like we got 2 good football games this weekend, because that was not good football! What do these guys get paid for?

I don't think I have ever sceen a D play this bad in a play-off game before in my life! :shock: WTF how do you not touch a guy. The whole D is standing around with their thumb up their ***.

Just looked it up to see how it is playing out compared to their 1st meeting.1st drive: Den--3 plays INT by Brackett for TD2nd drive: Den--6 plays Anderson TD (keyed by 60 yard pass to Lelie)3rd drive: Indy--3-n-out4th drive: Den--8 plays Plummer TD--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I'm not seeing the similarity yet.
You probably didn't know this about the first meeting, but Denver's time of possession was a whopping 44:58. So when I'm observing a time-consuming drive by Denver in this meeting, that is what I'm referring to.

Last edited by a moderator:
What AFC playoff games would you rather watch next week?1. Denver at New England & Tennesse at Kansas Cityor2. Tennessee at New England & Indianapolis at Kansas CityWhich games will be better?
I think TEN @NE would be good and Indy @ KC could be a shoot out for all playoff history.

BRONCOS NEED POINTS IN THE WORST WAY. AT LEAST ANOTHER FG.
Now is also the time to start thinking about actually playing defense and not standing around complaining to each other!

What AFC playoff games would you rather watch next week?1. Denver at New England & Tennesse at Kansas Cityor2. Tennessee at New England & Indianapolis at Kansas CityWhich games will be better?
Option 2

Pretty good first quarter for Manning.If you project it out that is 28/32 516 yds and 8 TD's not a bad day's work ;)

this is great... i hope indy scores some more (with harrison) and den will have to pass since i have rod smithstill money online

STATS WORTH MENTIONING AFTER THE FIRST QUARTER:Plummer 6/6, 25 yardsManning 7/8, 129 yardsPortis, 4 carries for 10 yards! :confused: E.James, 5 carries for 24 yards.Harrison 3 catches,for 70 and a TD.Stockly 1 catch, for 28 and a TD.E.James 3 catches, for 28.Sharpe, 2 catches for 13.R.Smith, 1 catch for 4.

We can see why Shanahan likes Plummer's mobility as an added dimension to their offense compared to Griese on that play. And a unnecessary roughness penalty to boot!

this is great... i hope indy scores some more (with harrison) and den will have to pass since i have rod smith
I'm very happy I didn't play any type of playoff fantasy football. I've really enjoyed being able to watch the playoff games this weekend without having the "distraction" of my fantasy team.

You know you have problems when R.Droughns is leading the team in catches with 3 so far. :rotflmao:

haha, we have to have a player from every team2 qb's2 rb's2 wr's2 flex2 kickers2 d/sti picked the players who i want to go to the superbowlits' fun and i'm still enjoying it all im rooting for indy anyways

I'll second that Amen, but I bet you are also calculating what your guys score in your head for kicks and grins, right?
I think you quoted the wrong part of the thread. We're the ones who went out of our way not to take any guys, so we wouldn't have that problem.I'm a FF non-participant in the post-season. :thumbup:

peyton is absolutely picking denver apart.... wow...revenge is sweet...his postseason drought is over.

Denver's defense is downright embarrassing right now. I know Indy's offense is great, but there is no excuse for this kind of pathetic display on defense.

I think you quoted the wrong part of the thread. We're the ones who went out of our way not to take any guys, so we wouldn't have that problem.I'm a FF non-participant in the post-season. :thumbup:
Also a non-participant here. What I meant to say is don't you 'follow' your team, or at least the guys you had on your team that are in the playoffs.Even though I don't do a post-season team, I still enjoy the games as a fan, like you indicated, but still follow 'my guys' for the fun/curiosity of it. I can't be the only fanatic in that sense can I.........

Denver is paying for upsetting the football gods by laying down for Green Bay last weekend !! :rant: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Being a fan of a team that hasn't had a real NFL QB yet, I am completely in awe of Peyton Manning.

Also a non-participant here. What I meant to say is don't you 'follow' your team, or at least the guys you had on your team that are in the playoffs.Even though I don't do a post-season team, I still enjoy the games as a fan, like you indicated, but still follow 'my guys' for the fun/curiosity of it. I can't be the only fanatic in that sense can I.........
Nope. I do that too even though my season is over. It's like a drug dammit. :P

You think Indy learned something about the Denver D since they last played?!Or is it easier to execute a game plan when you are winning?

Being a fan of a team that hasn't had a real NFL QB yet, I am completely in awe of Peyton Manning.
I knew the Ravens hadn't had much talent there but until you wrote that I didn't realize. What it was really like.

It's easier to execute the game plan when you're playing football in the world's biggest library. Whoa, look! Someone just stood up and clapped!

In that case...still gonna have to go no. :D I see where you're coming from, of course, but I'm already having trouble remembering who was on my team.I just don't get that hung up on it any more, I guess. :cool: (Either that or the years and teams are starting to run together, and I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to be rooting for or against Edge, or whether Earl Campbell is going to come up big for the Oilers.)

Users who are viewing this thread