What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (7 Viewers)

Nelson is available. FA isnt until next week. Hope he doesnt dominate Sat.
I'm skeptical of his walks. At both AA and AAA they were very high initially before he adapted to that league. I'm letting him go, seeing if he hits some rough spots early on like he has before causing his owners to drop him, then I'll look at him later.

I need to pickup a couple starters after losing Tanaka and Estrada this week. The usual dreck is available on the wire. Chris Young, Bart Colon, Volquez, Vogelsong, Collmenter, Gibson, Miley, Danks, etc. Anyone like any of these guys or have their eyes on another up-and-comer? Its a keeper league with a ML roster, so none of the decent prospects are available.

:help:
Odorizzi has a Toronto team down two of their three big bats. Hutchinson gets Tampa, who hasn't been able to hit the broad side of the barn for months. Apparently Bauer is only 2% owned and gets the White Sox at home. If you're feeling real crazy, Maholm gets the Pads at home at night.

Otherwise I'd wait until the All Star break and see what rotations are looking like post break.
Odorizzi, Hutchison and Bauer (minors) are all rostered. Not quite feeling "Maholm-crazy" just yet. ;)

Anybody have Niese, and what are you doing with him? I'm currently holding and hoping he returns to form after some rest, but I could drop for Odorizzi or Chris Young (out of DL spots).

I need to pickup a couple starters after losing Tanaka and Estrada this week. The usual dreck is available on the wire. Chris Young, Bart Colon, Volquez, Vogelsong, Collmenter, Gibson, Miley, Danks, etc. Anyone like any of these guys or have their eyes on another up-and-comer? Its a keeper league with a ML roster, so none of the decent prospects are available.

:help:
Odorizzi has a Toronto team down two of their three big bats. Hutchinson gets Tampa, who hasn't been able to hit the broad side of the barn for months. Apparently Bauer is only 2% owned and gets the White Sox at home. If you're feeling real crazy, Maholm gets the Pads at home at night.

Otherwise I'd wait until the All Star break and see what rotations are looking like post break.
Odorizzi, Hutchison and Bauer (minors) are all rostered. Not quite feeling "Maholm-crazy" just yet. ;)
Since it looks like your waivers only run weekly may be best to just back burner until next week. Most of the guys you're looking at probably won't be pitching next weekend anyway. The top 3 guys in the rotation will go first in most cases. May want to check on matchups for teams with lousy rotations since they're more likely to go.

Anybody have Niese, and what are you doing with him? I'm currently holding and hoping he returns to form after some rest, but I could drop for Odorizzi or Chris Young (out of DL spots).
This is kinda been Niese's M.O. Meh K's, meh ratios, bad team, can't stay healthy. His skills actually look worse on the surface, so his ERA looks due for a correction. His swgstrk and o swing have bottomed out yet his o contact is high. Low ERA is being carried by a low HR/FB and BABIP despite LD/GB/FB all being steady. Doesn't add up.

Odorizzi is at least healthy and gives you K's to fall back on, even if Tampa doesn't get him many wins or he has the occasional young pitcher blow up hurting your ratios.

Charlie Morton?
His curve ball has been working this year. I think he's a better bet to be closer to last year (less K's, more hits against) in the second half, but if you're battered and beaten by injuries Charlie Morton 2013 is not a terrible thing. Probably gotta offset the K's with MR's though.

This is kinda been Niese's M.O. Meh K's, meh ratios, bad team, can't stay healthy. His skills actually look worse on the surface, so his ERA looks due for a correction. His swgstrk and o swing have bottomed out yet his o contact is high. Low ERA is being carried by a low HR/FB and BABIP despite LD/GB/FB all being steady. Doesn't add up.

Odorizzi is at least healthy and gives you K's to fall back on, even if Tampa doesn't get him many wins or he has the occasional young pitcher blow up hurting your ratios.
Alright, you talked me into making the swap.

Hutchinson gets Tampa, who hasn't been able to hit the broad side of the barn for months..
Yet another reason to have this clown on your pay no mind list.....

They've averaged 4.25 runs per game over the last 28 days. Over that time, team OPS is .762

To put it in perspective

the White Sox, who are 9th in runs scored, are averaging 4.29 per

LA Angels, 3rd in OPS, at .762

Last edited by a moderator:
Hutchinson gets Tampa, who hasn't been able to hit the broad side of the barn for months..

They've averaged 4.25 runs per game over the last 28 days. Over that time, team OPS is .762

To put it in perspective

:lmao: pick an arbitrary date troll is my favorite kind of troll

24th in runs, 18th in BA, 18th in SLG, and a 'hot streak' that has been fueled by players like Brandon Guyer, Kevin Keirmaier, Matt Joyce, James Loney, and Logan Forsythe.

Mrs. Limp is afraid to start anyone vs. that murderer's row? Say it ain't so...

Yet another reason to have this clown on your pay no mind list.....They've averaged 4.25 runs per game over the last 28 days. Over that time, team OPS is .762

To put it in perspective

:lmao: pick an arbitrary date troll is my favorite kind of troll24th in runs, 18th in BA, 18th in SLG, and a 'hot streak' that has been fueled by players like Brandon Guyer, Kevin Keirmaier, Matt Joyce, James Loney, and Logan Forsythe.

28 days is what Baseball Ref has readily available, so it's what I used. Sorry it flies in the face of your barn theory.You go ahead and worry about April and May. I'm sure your lineup each day reflects what happened 2-3 months ago as opposed to recent trends.

When is Refsnyder, Yankees 2B/OF going to get called up? I hear rumors, but for some reason Cashman is resisting. Brian Roberts is a bum and Refsnyder can also play the outfield as well as 2B.

When the A's picked up Francis, people focused on his positives and see it as a decent low risk move. When the Yankees trade nothing for him, it's a sign of the apocalypse.

Francis is who he is at this stage of his career. Injuries and Coors Field killed his career. He's crafty enough now to survive with a Peggy Lee fastball. If his location is good and the umps and his defense cooperates, he can keep a team in the game for 5-6 innings. That's about all you can expect for a free pitcher off the scrap heap.

To put it in perspective

:lmao: pick an arbitrary date troll is my favorite kind of troll24th in runs, 18th in BA, 18th in SLG, and a 'hot streak' that has been fueled by players like Brandon Guyer, Kevin Keirmaier, Matt Joyce, James Loney, and Logan Forsythe.

:coffee:

Guyer 1-3, R

Keirmaier 2-3, 2R, 2RBI

Joyce 1-3, 3RBI

Loney 2-2, 2R

Forsythe -DNP

Sometimes you just can't make this stuff up

5 spot yesterday

8 already today.

Hey MAC, it's not April / May anymore.

:paynomind:
youve never been wrong before? This is an add/drop thread. People are goona be wrong a ton.
My link

Another

I particularly like the second where Mac notes that he thinks Axford should get more rope, then makes it his idea that Allen got the job. But everyone else is a moron.

$20 on physical education. With a period or two of driver's education mixed in for when the big boys come to gym and need a real teacher.

What are people doing with Adam Lind? I'm thinking hold for now but I don't have any DL spots available (Av Garcia, Bonerface, Cuddy). I could get Keirmaier though to bridge. Right now I'm starting two of Headley, Seth Smith, and Billy Butler in my home league. I'd eventually like a Lind/Smith platoon, which should be pretty good most weeks over the last two months.

5 spot yesterday

8 already today.

youve never been wrong before? This is an add/drop thread. People are goona be wrong a ton.
My linkAnother

I particularly like the second where Mac notes that he thinks Axford should get more rope, then makes it his idea that Allen got the job. But everyone else is a moron.
has he ever called anyone a moron? I know you have

5 spot yesterday

8 already today.

My linkAnother

Yes, like four times today.

What are people doing with Adam Lind? I'm thinking hold for now but I don't have any DL spots available (Av Garcia, Bonerface, Cuddy). I could get Keirmaier though to bridge. Right now I'm starting two of Headley, Seth Smith, and Billy Butler in my home league. I'd eventually like a Lind/Smith platoon, which should be pretty good most weeks over the last two months.
Dropped when the timeline was 6-8. Not running out to re-roster him again.

Keifmaier's getting hard to ignore. I wouldn't go dropping Bryce for him, but probably worthy of a roster spot for now since the recent arbitrary timeline shows him being hot

5 spot yesterday

8 already today.

My linkAnother

Um...pretty sure...yeah.

5 spot yesterday

8 already today.

My linkAnother

Um...pretty sure...yeah.
i stand corrected

5 spot yesterday

8 already today.

My linkAnother

definitely these three...probably ghost guy too. If there have been more I've forgotten but I don't think there are. I think i get along with most people but I hate petulants.

5 spot yesterday

8 already today.

My linkAnother

definitely these three...probably ghost guy too. If there have been more I've forgotten but I don't think there are. I think i get along with most people but I hate petulants.
Do you now? :lmao:

As an educator I hate petulants, pirates and thick textbooks which I might have to read. Things I love? Bryan LaHair and hueborous. /sack32

Mike morse droppable now right?
depends on who it's for. If he gets healthy again a repeat is likely. Or it could just be like post April Morse last year. I benched him a couple weeks ago in one and traded him in another a month ago. Stuck starting him in my other until pollock comes back or i find something on waivers.

Kevin Kiermaier, posted him in the daily thread. Don't know much about him and sorry if I missed him in this thread, but the kid is hitting. In a H2H points league, been a pretty damn good pickup for me.

.310/.345/.581 with eight home runs and 24 RBI in 155 at-bats.

Edit: just seen DD and limp bring him up above. Pick him up and go with him while he's rolling. :thumbup:

Doctor Detroit said:
I'm holding him, but I have the DL spot to put him in.

Buchholz or Miley?
The former is a headache. The latter just isn't any good. If I really need an arm I'm adding the headache, but if you don't staying away may be best. When he's on he can be elite. The problem is his off and injury switches are turned on too often.

Buchholz or Miley?
The former is a headache. The latter just isn't any good. If I really need an arm I'm adding the headache, but if you don't staying away may be best. When he's on he can be elite. The problem is his off and injury switches are turned on too often.
Aside from his recent success, Miley wasn't even on my radar until I read that Arizona has told potential trade teams he's unavailable. What the hell do they know that we don't?

I'll ultimately use that roster spot to stream in the second half, but am kind of intrigued by both guys now.

Buchholz or Miley?
Aside from his recent success, Miley wasn't even on my radar until I read that Arizona has told potential trade teams he's unavailable. What the hell do they know that we don't?

I'll ultimately use that roster spot to stream in the second half, but am kind of intrigued by both guys now.
the same team that traded away Jarrod Parker, Trevor Bauer, Ian Kennedy, Justin Upton, etc although they do have new mgmt now.

Buchholz or Miley?

the same team that traded away Jarrod Parker, Trevor Bauer, Ian Kennedy, Justin Upton, etc although they do have new mgmt now.
Those are the keys. If it was old mgmt it'd be easy to explain, they don't know what they're doing.

Miley's showing some skills progression this year, they're looking to future years, and most teams in this mode are looking to develop their pitching. Chicago's definitely breaking that mold though. Anyway, Miley - big spike in swgstrk, numbers indicate it's because he's getting more guys to chase outside. After Pollock got hurt I can't say I've subject myself to any Dbacks ball because I don't have any, so I haven't seen a moment of him all year. Looks like he's developed his slider? can anyone confirm that?

On a team that could net him some wins there may be something here, but a 4/1.28 arm on a lousy team? Meh. If he shows some improvement in the 2nd half he may be a nice value guy next year though.

On my pitching desperate team, I just flipped Dee Gordon (keepable) for Cliff Lee and Lincecum. How hard am I going to regret this? Pretty sure if Lee has a setback today I am screwed

Users who are viewing this thread