What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2015 College Football Thread *** (2 Viewers)

This is all because of the Rose bowl too, which is bat#### insane.
How do you mean?
They are supposedly locked into the 5pm New Years Day slot even when they are not hosting the playoff games.
yea. Rose and Sugar locked down New Year's Day with ESPN. Nobody saw this as a problem in advance I guess. They could do a playoff game at 1, Rose Bowl and then second playoff game but that doesn't solve the Sugar.

Rivals have Gators recruiting at 102 this morning, between App State and Air Force.

Crazier than them going 4-8 IMO.
Scout has them at 70, between Colorado and SMU, which is just above San Jose State.

They do, however, only have 9 recruits. I have no idea who is left on their recruiting board, so they may finish very strong for all I know. Their average star ranking is higher than any school near them.
They lead for the Big 3 left in the state...all in the Top 7 overall.
Who are the big 3 they lead for? I keep up with UM recruiting and hear about things with UF & FSU, but all I hear is people laughing at UF recruiting right now.

Eastern Washington's Vernon Adams coming to Oregon for a visit this weekend. Scholarship likely. He's already graduated from EW, so he has immediate eligibility. I tweeted out two years ago after his team beat Oregon State that he was a poor man's Russell Wilson, or something. Kid is electric. Hope he enrolls with Oregon as it would be fun to watch him on a bigger stage.

Gump (or anyone else) - Any thoughts on Ed Marynowitz as Eagles' VP of Player Personnel? I feel like being the director of recruiting at Alabama is probably a pretty good pedigree for this and he'd have a great sense of the landscape of great talent, though someone on the radio today made the counterpoint that it's not as hard to recruit at a place like Alabama, since everyone wants to play there.

Still, I think that it's as demanding a job as any in order to sustain the level of excellence expected, so it still requires a lot of ability to get the absolute best talent.

Long Ball Larry said:
Gump (or anyone else) - Any thoughts on Ed Marynowitz as Eagles' VP of Player Personnel? I feel like being the director of recruiting at Alabama is probably a pretty good pedigree for this and he'd have a great sense of the landscape of great talent, though someone on the radio today made the counterpoint that it's not as hard to recruit at a place like Alabama, since everyone wants to play there.

Still, I think that it's as demanding a job as any in order to sustain the level of excellence expected, so it still requires a lot of ability to get the absolute best talent.
I don't know a lot about him, since he wasn't on the front line. But that experience is as good as it gets. The NFL is a different game...but Saban's process of talent evaluation is as good as it gets. And he was a big part of evaluations that turned to gold. To the point that no one else can match the results. There are plenty of places that everyone wants to go.

Four-star quarterback recruit Kai Locksley switched his commitment from Florida State to Texas on Monday night. Locksley announced the news on Twitter.

Locksley had been committed to the Seminoles since July. Two other quarterback recruits, De'Andre Johnson and Deondre Francois, were also committed to Florida State, leading to speculation at least one of the players wouldn't sign with FSU.

Listed by some recruiting services as an athlete, Locksley was recruited by Texas to play quarterback. The Longhorns have been without a quarterback in their recruiting class since Zach Gentry switched his commitment to Michigan late last month. Texas unsuccessfully pursued Texas A&M commit Kyler Murray, who reaffirmed his commitment to the Aggies last week.

Vernon Adams expected to make his decision tomorrow on whether or not he will accept Oregon's scholarship offer. Would be great to see him step in for a year and do what he do.

Can we keep the recruiting stuff out of this thread? We have a dedicated thread.
I heard a 350lb Amazon woman committed to Michigan. Interested now?
What's her fur burger look like?
Seriously. Christo has been polluting the erotic thread with pics of disgusting, hairy beasts for years amid hundreds of protests and we can't talk recruiting in here.
That's ### ####ed right

Can we keep the recruiting stuff out of this thread? We have a dedicated thread.
I heard a 350lb Amazon woman committed to Michigan. Interested now?
What's her fur burger look like?
Seriously. Christo has been polluting the erotic thread with pics of disgusting, hairy beasts for years amid hundreds of protests and we can't talk recruiting in here.
come on guys, it's not like recruiting has anything to do with college football.

Slapdash said:
Another Hoke to South Carolina today. Really glad they finally decided to upgrade the defensive coaching staff after last year.
There are a few rumors around here that Brick Haley might be taking a job at South Carolina.

Looks like UCLA is going to hire former Penn St. DC, Tom Bradley, as their DC. I love the hire.

UCLA fans are a little split on this. Most acknowledge they like his coaching chops, but a vocal segment is against bringing in anyone with any ties to Jerry Sandusky and are afraid of the PR hit.

Any PSU or West Virginia guys with thoughts on him?

Looks like UCLA is going to hire former Penn St. DC, Tom Bradley, as their DC. I love the hire.

UCLA fans are a little split on this. Most acknowledge they like his coaching chops, but a vocal segment is against bringing in anyone with any ties to Jerry Sandusky and are afraid of the PR hit.

Any PSU or West Virginia guys with thoughts on him?
You got yourself a good one. PSU's defenses were always fairly stout. I would expect your defense to improve.

Bradley was a highly successful recruiter for the Nittany Lion in addition to his role defensively. He served as lead recruiter for Nittany Lions such as Shane Conlan, Lavar Arrington, Paul Posluszny, Sean Lee, Brandon Short, and Justin King. Bradley has coached many All-American and all Big Ten standouts including Lavar Arrington, Paul Posluszny, Dan Connor, Devon Still, Shane Conlan, and David Macklin.
He's also got a 1-3 HC record to boot. :D

Users who are viewing this thread