What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***CFP National Championship - Washington 14-0 vs Michigan 14-0*** (-5.5, 55.5) 7:45 (2 Viewers)

I'm not sure why coaches leave the life of a top college football coach. $10M-15M a year to coach in usually low cost locations. Recruiting factories that always have better players than the other team in their conference. And they have a long long leash if they have won and can not do anything socially dumb (see Ed Ogeron). They are kings and win at least 9 games a year no matter what happens. There's no better example of this that Steve Spurrier. Left Florida. Downhill from there. Never should have left.
Ego and excitement. Same reason guys married to super cool gorgeous women cheat. I think Harbaugh wants to win a Super Bowl. He wants to win at the highest level- especially because he came so close before both as a player and coach.

I'm not sure why coaches leave the life of a top college football coach. $10M-15M a year to coach in usually low cost locations. Recruiting factories that always have better players than the other team in their conference. And they have a long long leash if they have won and can not do anything socially dumb (see Ed Ogeron). They are kings and win at least 9 games a year no matter what happens. There's no better example of this that Steve Spurrier. Left Florida. Downhill from there. Never should have left.
Challenge. NFL is the king. Why wouldn’t you want to see if you could win a Super Bowl?

Spurrier did everything you could at UF and was there a decade. At some point you want to see if it can work at the biggest level.

I don't understand why he would want to leave unless the investigation truly comes to light and exposes him. He could go down as the one of the best Michigan head coaches of all time. Win 2-3 championship in a 20 year span while continuing to whoop up on Ohio State every year.

I can see the Raiders, Chargers or Commanders trying to get him.

I don't see the Panthers or Falcons enticing him to come their way. Even Commanders is an outside shot imo, but Raiders and Chargers can attract based on roster and location. Albeit, I think the Raiders would be stupid to not give Pierce a shot at the full time gig.

Ego and excitement. Same reason guys married to super cool gorgeous women cheat. I think Harbaugh wants to win a Super Bowl. He wants to win at the highest level- especially because he came so close before both as a player and coach.
And because his brother has one. You just know that continues to stick in his craw.

I'm not sure why coaches leave the life of a top college football coach. $10M-15M a year to coach in usually low cost locations. Recruiting factories that always have better players than the other team in their conference. And they have a long long leash if they have won and can not do anything socially dumb (see Ed Ogeron). They are kings and win at least 9 games a year no matter what happens.
I feel like having to recruit teenagers would get very old

I'm not sure why coaches leave the life of a top college football coach. $10M-15M a year to coach in usually low cost locations. Recruiting factories that always have better players than the other team in their conference. And they have a long long leash if they have won and can not do anything socially dumb (see Ed Ogeron). They are kings and win at least 9 games a year no matter what happens.
I feel like having to recruit teenagers would get very old
And it never stops plus with the transfer portal, you have to keep them happy. Tough job managing all those kids.

Users who are viewing this thread