What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Solve This Thanksgiving Mystery (1 Viewer)

ChiefD

Footballguy
So, ever since my son was old enough to talk, I've made him an apple pie for his birthday. His 16th birthday is tomorrow. So tonight is the night to make this pie. This pie is made from scratch. I make the dough and everything. Made with farmers market apples.

So tonight I make my apple filling mix. Set it aside.

Start making my dough, which takes a little time. Divide the dough in two so I have enough for the top and bottom of the pie. I open the drawer where the wooden rolling pin resides, and........

It's not there.

Now, I make this pie every two years since we travel to my brothers every other year. So this rolling pin gets used once every two years. It is a classic wooden rolling pin handed down from my mother. It has experience.

My wife is in the kitchen, and I immediately say: "where's the ****ing rolling pin?"

She gives me this look like, "how the hell would I know?" So she says:

Her: how the hell would I know?

Me: because I make one pie every two years and every time I make the pie the rolling pin is in this drawer.

Her: well, I didn't do anything with it.

Me: well, you don't bake, so I know you didn't USE it. But where did you put it? (she reorganized the kitchen earlier this past spring)

Her: i didn't put it anywhere. It must have been you.

Me: (knowing good and well i haven't touched it in two years) I haven't used it since the last pie I made.

Her: well, I don't know.

We look for a good 10 minutes for the rolling pin. No dice. Remember, my son's birthday tradition is riding on this thing. I start thinking of "what do I have that is round and long and cylindrical that I can use to roll out some dough?" :unsure:

A few minutes go by and I remember: I have a backup. I had received a rolling pin as a Christmas gift about 8 years ago, but it was a plastic one and I threw it in the back of a cabinet somewhere.

WALA! THE PIE IS SAVED!!!!

But the question remains: where is my wooden rolling pin? Help me FFA solve this mystery.

:popcorn:

My microplane grater disappeared under similar mysterious circumstances last summer and has never been found.

Maybe there's some kind of Bermuda Triangle for kitchen utensils?

Remember when we used to go out on this night, party it up, hook up with a cutie, get home in the wee hours, get up hungover then go stuff your face and watch football......

Now we're looking for ****ing rolling pins?!?!? For shame

Last edited:
Start fishing for it. (Is he the one who makes the lures?)
:lol:

I suspect he experimented with making a new kind of soft-plastic lure for his business. I will be hunting around in the garage tomorrow. You are on to something here.

Someone in your in your family used it as a weapon and had to get rid of the evidence or we found the glitch in the matrix that could destroy us all.

I an really torn on which outcome I want it to be.

Let's go to the replay.
I would pay so much in real life if this was a thing. Biggest source of friction in my marriage. I'm not always right, but I absolutely cannot stand when she takes a "I'm right 100% no question" viewpoint. Even when she's been proven wrong in the past.

Let's go to the replay.
I would pay so much in real life if this was a thing. Biggest source of friction in my marriage. I'm not always right, but I absolutely cannot stand when she takes a "I'm right 100% no question" viewpoint. Even when she's been proven wrong in the past.
Then you’re stupid. Because what you have failed to realize is that if the video proved your wife is right, you’d sheepishly admit it and move on. If the video proved you were right, she would be even more angry at you and complain about how you’re always just trying to rub things in her face when she’s wrong and why can’t you just let it go?

So, ever since my son was old enough to talk, I've made him an apple pie for his birthday. His 16th birthday is tomorrow. So tonight is the night to make this pie. This pie is made from scratch. I make the dough and everything. Made with farmers market apples.

So tonight I make my apple filling mix. Set it aside.

Start making my dough, which takes a little time. Divide the dough in two so I have enough for the top and bottom of the pie. I open the drawer where the wooden rolling pin resides, and........

It's not there.

Now, I make this pie every two years since we travel to my brothers every other year. So this rolling pin gets used once every two years. It is a classic wooden rolling pin handed down from my mother. It has experience.

My wife is in the kitchen, and I immediately say: "where's the ****ing rolling pin?"

She gives me this look like, "how the hell would I know?" So she says:

Her: how the hell would I know?

Me: because I make one pie every two years and every time I make the pie the rolling pin is in this drawer.

Her: well, I didn't do anything with it.

Me: well, you don't bake, so I know you didn't USE it. But where did you put it? (she reorganized the kitchen earlier this past spring)

Her: i didn't put it anywhere. It must have been you.

Me: (knowing good and well i haven't touched it in two years) I haven't used it since the last pie I made.

Her: well, I don't know.

We look for a good 10 minutes for the rolling pin. No dice. Remember, my son's birthday tradition is riding on this thing. I start thinking of "what do I have that is round and long and cylindrical that I can use to roll out some dough?" :unsure:

A few minutes go by and I remember: I have a backup. I had received a rolling pin as a Christmas gift about 8 years ago, but it was a plastic one and I threw it in the back of a cabinet somewhere.

WALA! THE PIE IS SAVED!!!!

But the question remains: where is my wooden rolling pin? Help me FFA solve this mystery.

:popcorn:
My girlfriend was asking me about certain dishes all morning. Im like "i didnt move any of them" "have you looked in the dish washer?" She was like "oh yeah. They're in there" (face palm)

My wife moves things all the time to places that make more sense. Of course, in this world, her places make zero sense. For example, she keeps the ibuprofen in the kitchen cabinet with the serving bowls.

Let's go to the replay.

Greatest development of the modern era... The text conversation with the SO.

"you didn't say that"
"yes you did"
"no I didn't"
"Yeah? Scroll up"

Wine bottle works well in a pinch. Plus you then have to drink the wine since the bottle is all doughy.

Also your wife definitely moved your rolling pin. Why does she hate apple pie?

Also, you don't make the pie for him every birthday, so the traditi
Let's go to the replay.
Then you’re stupid. Because what you have failed to realize is that if the video proved your wife is right, you’d sheepishly admit it and move on. If the video proved you were right, she would be even more angry at you and complain about how you’re always just trying to rub things in her face when she’s wrong and why can’t you just let it go?
Well I am stupid :D I have 2 documented situations where she was 100% sure she was right, and then I found the things she said I lost (one of them had her handwriting on it and she couldn't deny it, the other was at her office at work :) ). Even though I know I'm throwing gas on the fire, eventually I'll just say 2 words to remind her of those 2 situations and she just melts down.

So I know it is painful, yet I can't let it go. Definition of stupid :)

Let's go to the replay.

Greatest development of the modern era... The text conversation with the SO.

"you didn't say that"
"yes you did"
"no I didn't"
"Yeah? Scroll up"
I've asked her if there is anything she wants that is important, please text me so we'll have evidence. No avail :)

I read the OP to my wife and daughter on Wednesday night and we all thought is was pretty humorous. I've been checking for updates ever since because now they keep jokingly asking me about it.

Anyway, I had to run to the grocery store very early yesterday to pick up a few forgotten items for our meal preparation. I grabbed them all and headed up a random aisle toward checkout and it happened to be the baked goods aisle I saw before me a rack with several gorgeous wooden rolling pins hanging on it and I laughed out loud. I almost bought one just for the hell of it---my daughter was going to be making a couple pies for our Thanksgiving meal and I never did check our utensil drawer. Luckily, ours hadn't disappeared and she made delicious pumpkin and pecan pies. I hope @ChiefD eventually finds his pin.

Users who are viewing this thread