What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who’s the pooper? Pet edition - Update: Mystery Solved! (1 Viewer)

Who’s the pooper?

• Dog

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Female Cat (FC)

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Male Cat (MC)

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

Dan Lambskin

Footballguy
So we have a situation where one of our pets has been pooping on my sons bed

This has happened last T W Th and again this T and W. I work from home M and F and this has all occurred between ~830 AM - 2 PM each day when nobody is home.

Some background

Dog is a 5year old female beagle dachshund mix. Similar size to the cats maybe a liter beefier ~22 lbs.

Female cat is 6. ~14 lbs, has those dangly cat boobs and poor posture. We have a cat door to our basement where the litter is and I have noticed she is sometimes hesitant to go through. Yesterday I removed the door to lead to a larger opening

Male cat is 2. Maybe 10 lbs. orange and unsure if he has a functioning brain (he’s pretty dumb)

There is a cat door leading into my son’s room. We have never observed the dog using it but she is physically capable of entering. She generally does not go in there that we know of

My son is the primary care giver for the cats and does not always keep up on clean litter. We have made sure it was clean and issue is still prevalent

The poop is generally scattered in several places. Size wise it could belong to anyone. Twice we have found pee with no noticeable odor

Hopefully that is enough background but I am willing to answer questions

In order to find the culprit I have ordered an indoor security cam in hopes of catching them red handed (brown pawed?)

Let’s see if the FFA can figure it out

Note: this did happen once or twice maybe a year ago but for whatever reason stopped quickly

Last edited:
Cats with poor posture? Dangly boobs? Cat doors on every door?
You work from home M-F, but nobody is home from 8:30 -2?
What happens on S & Sun?
So many questions, but if I had to guess, I think the poop is coming from inside the room.

Cats with poor posture? Dangly boobs? Cat doors on every door?
You work from home M-F, but nobody is home from 8:30 -2?
What happens on S & Sun?
So many questions, but if I had to guess, I think the poop is coming from inside the room.

No poop on the weekends. We are generally home other than maybe some errands

It's the cats for sure. That's just their style. Many years ago we had two cats. We went away for a long weekend and left them in the apartment with plenty of food, water, and a clean litterbox. We came back to strategically placed poop on several of the loft steps and inside my work shoes.

Haven't had cats since.
Also Lambskin's son

Cats are bitches.
Dogs won’t poop where they lay.

I suppose a dog might possibly poop in a bed, but in 48 years of having dogs I’ve never seen it. Put it this way, I have 2 dogs and 5 kids. If I saw poop on my bed I’d assume it’s either the kids or I drank way too much last night.

Last edited:
Only one way to solve this, you need to call a professional. Finkle is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkle, Einhorn is a man.

It's the cats for sure. That's just their style. Many years ago we had two cats. We went away for a long weekend and left them in the apartment with plenty of food, water, and a clean litterbox. We came back to strategically placed poop on several of the loft steps and inside my work shoes.

Haven't had cats since.
It’s like the meme: Dogs train you for babies; cats train you for teenagers.

I'm going boy cat. I've never seen Dogs jump up on something to poop. If the female cat is hesitant to go through the cat door, she's not jumping up on a bed either (also, get her checked for possible arthritis - there's meds for that now). The male cat is probably voicing his disdain for his litter situation. We had a cat like that. She would crap on your stuff while making eye contact with you if you didn't scoop her litter regularly.

ETA - Also - clean the bed really thoroughly. If you've observed pee, that's probably why he keeps going there. Some bit of it got through to the mattress most likley. If it's odorless to you (now), I bet he still smells it...and I bet over time it'll be something you smell too.

Update: wife stayed home sick so unlikely to get anything on camera until Monday (at least based on previous occurrence of it happening while nobody home)

Everyone ruling the dog out too soon. Just this morning (overnight) my dog pooped in her dog bed twice, which she never does, had to throw that away completely. On top of that, about 2 years ago my dog jumped up on our spare bedroom bed and took a massive dump. So jumping up on things and pooping is not out of a dog's realm. My dog is also pretty dumb, maybe a 3 brain cell type.

I had an animal pooping in my backyard. Poops seemed on the large end for a cat. I Bought a trail cam. Fully expecting my unpleasant neighbor’s dog. It was a freaking cat. Coyotes must have gotten him, because the poops stopped.

Do your dogs and cats poop look that much alike? I’ve had cats and dogs, and could definitely tell their poop apart.

Users who are viewing this thread