What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***CFP National Championship - Washington 14-0 vs Michigan 14-0*** (-5.5, 55.5) 7:45 (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
We don't have to pin it and I'm sure a lot of folks will settle in over at the main college football thread.
I have always been a fan of Jim Harbaugh and respected what he has done during this era of both the NFL and College Football.
He has had success at both levels and tonight would be a huge way for him to overcome what has been a trying season for not only him but a lot of college football fans across the country

I wish Washington the best of luck, I am pulling for Penix to have a great game even if Michigan wins, i would like to see him do well and show his skills off again like last week.
These games tend to be lopsided many times and we look back and say we should have seen that coming. Maybe we get a close one tonight.

I like the 56/u better than the spread, hard to envision a shootout.

I like the earlier start time because I live in the East but if I ran the network this game would not be kicking off until at least 8:30 or even 9:00.
You have a Pac-12 team in the Title game...

Sportico @Sportico

Jim Harbaugh is the highest-paid public employee in Michigan.
We got our hands on his contract and bonus structure.
If @UMichFootball wins the championship, he will take home an additional $3.2 million on top of his $4.2 compensation this year.
Jim Harbaugh is the 12th-highest-paid coach in college football, making $8.3 million a year, which is $100,00 more than the entire coaching staff of the @UW_Football made last year per our database.

Neither team looks nervous on offense
Usually teams will ned a minute to settle in but these two have come out swinging
Not much run defense by the Huskies for Michigan's opening drive

Washington looks lost on run defense, Michigan was 2 on 1 with OL on guys in the F7 and Washington should have easily had a couple loose defenders to tackle Edwards

2 carries 86 yds 2 TDs
Michigan off the races

This is going to turn into USC-Oklahoma quickly if the Huskies are going to play defense this way.
Did they not think Michigan wouldn't try to just line up and run them over?
Did you see Harbaugh's guns prior to the game?

I thought kickoff was at 5:30PST :bag:
Isn't it usually around then?
I questioned this as well.
If I ran ESPN/ABC, this game would not have started before 8:30 in the East, maybe 9:00.
Maybe you do lose some fans in the 2nd Half but there is no guarantee the game is close
MNF used to kick off after 9:00 back in the 70s and 80s, nobody ever seemed to complain and it allowed for a 6:00 kick off in the West, bigger audience

I thought kickoff was at 5:30PST :bag:
Isn't it usually around then?
I questioned this as well.
If I ran ESPN/ABC, this game would not have started before 8:30 in the East, maybe 9:00.
Maybe you do lose some fans in the 2nd Half but there is no guarantee the game is close
MNF used to kick off after 9:00 back in the 70s and 80s, nobody ever seemed to complain and it allowed for a 6:00 kick off in the West, bigger audience
Maybe it was moved earlier a bit to help ensure Ann Arbor hospitals can handle the upcoming influx of alcohol poisoning.

4th and 3 and up 17-3, on Washington 38.5
2nd Q- 4:45 left and Harbaugh goes for it, QB does not convert on a stunning play by the LB #5 who shows a blitz look and then blindly drifts out into the flat and extends his arm in front of the receiver, amazing play!

On the sky cast channel you can watch the marching bands instead of whatever idiots they have talking on the halftime show on the main telecast.

Sometimes the Penix doesn't always make the wisest decisions in the heat of the moment.
And yet they will just be down 20-10, he has a big weapon at WR and he's one big play from making this a real football game in the 2nd Half.
I'm just here for the Penix jokes.
:lol:
OK I get the joke now
That joke didn't really rise to the occasion.
Penix has been let down by a defense that isn't very stiff

I'm not sure why coaches leave the life of a top college football coach. $10M-15M a year to coach in usually low cost locations. Recruiting factories that always have better players than the other team in their conference. And they have a long long leash if they have won and can not do anything socially dumb (see Ed Ogeron). They are kings and win at least 9 games a year no matter what happens. There's no better example of this that Steve Spurrier. Left Florida. Downhill from there. Never should have left.

Users who are viewing this thread