What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (16 Viewers)

:wall:

As a new member this is troublesome. Soulfly, False Start and MassRaider have ruinded this thread or are the reason for every bickering session almost.

You all are embarrassing yourself guys. This is a shame, all three of you fighting like children.

Soulfly, please stop making it seem as if you knew something others didnt. It is pretty well documented that you have not been very accurate and when you are challenged you troll others to get a rise. Who shares PMs from others on the site? If that isnt classless, regardless of what was said, what is?

False Start, let it go. Man do you destroy every thread with your opinion. We get it, you know all about everything, thanks for sharing. Please stop now.

MassRaider - Why are you even involved in trying to encourage them two and their dispute? What benefit is it to you. Are we supposed to think you are something of a great contributor because you are trying to anger others intentionally?

Mods, please get a grip on this because I see very few speaking up against this type of issues and I am starting to believe it is the norm. I do feel its ironic from what I read that Soulfly comes back from a suspension and immediately starts to antagonize others, with a little help from others.
:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting:

Looking forward to the discussion of JG with Hoyer vs Manziel.
Who do you think benefits Gordon more? or vice versa, who do you think Gordon helps more?

I think if Gordon is int he Lineup, Hoyer will be a more than good enough QB, with Manziel, I think it will be forced too much.

As a new member this is troublesome. Soulfly, False Start and MassRaider have ruinded this thread or are the reason for every bickering session almost.

You all are embarrassing yourself guys. This is a shame, all three of you fighting like children.

Soulfly, please stop making it seem as if you knew something others didnt. It is pretty well documented that you have not been very accurate and when you are challenged you troll others to get a rise. Who shares PMs from others on the site? If that isnt classless, regardless of what was said, what is?

False Start, let it go. Man do you destroy every thread with your opinion. We get it, you know all about everything, thanks for sharing. Please stop now.

MassRaider - Why are you even involved in trying to encourage them two and their dispute? What benefit is it to you. Are we supposed to think you are something of a great contributor because you are trying to anger others intentionally?

Mods, please get a grip on this because I see very few speaking up against this type of issues and I am starting to believe it is the norm. I do feel its ironic from what I read that Soulfly comes back from a suspension and immediately starts to antagonize others, with a little help from others.
This has been 180 ages of people going after Soulfly, and I am happy for Gordon, and love that ONE GUY kept believing, and frankly, deserves a bow. People were piling on him for a long time, I love that he's happy. One poster came in to let us know how he didn't care and how Soulfly wasn't REALLY right. Guys like that get made fun of, especially when they have the history he does.

Beyond that, if you think my stuff was out of line, report it. Otherwise, get out of Soulfly's way, sir.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't disagree with that at all. But it is more likely logistical AND circumstantial more than any legal reason why they can't reinstate more players. Perhaps they are and we just don't know the list.

But for people to constantly say that the rule change doesn't or can't be applied to Gordon because he was busted last year I found ludicrous.

And lifting 8 games actually opens the door for Gordon to sue for pay for the other 8 games or fight for earlier reinstatement.

It depends on how things are written but basically, if the rules changed and he is below the punishable threshold and that was enough to lift 8 games then he has a case to be made that all remaining games should be lifted plus pay for the two already served.

Once it was determined that in his case the rule change was significantly in his favor to lift 8 games there really is no reason to even suspend him for the other 8 other than they want the image of remaining tough.
The bolded is exactly right. IF the new policy is written in such a way that Gordon's failed test/suspension should fall under the new policy, he should not be suspended, AT ALL. If it is written in such a way that his failed test/suspension doesnt' fall under the new policy, then he has no legal grounds to get his suspension reduced. I would imagine that if the 8 game reports are true, the NFL is going to word the new policy in such a way that allows them to suspend him for 8 games. Since the NFLPA has to agree to a new policy (and Gordon would, by membership in teh NFLPA have to agree), then he'd have no grounds to sue.
Also true.

Of course we are all also assuming that the 8 banned games are for his current suspension. It could actually be 4 games for Pot and 4 games for the DUI arrest?

Either way , the league likely has leeway in how they wish to apply any rule changes to Gordon's circumstances.

In fact reduced in half could be because that is what would happen to Welker essentially if they don't pass this week. He would have effectively served two of his four games.

I gotta say I am surprised at the 8 games because that's still more games than 6 games which is the domestic violence suspension. So people can still say its worse to smoke weed than to beat your girlfriend which is what I thought the NFL was trying to get away from.

Gotta hand it to Soulfly. You stuck to your guns man and it's going to pay off in 7 games.
Really hope it's less.

I'll take the 8, happily. But gotta think the NFLPA is gonna make this work even better than that.

fingers crossed
It only makes sense if it's less than 8 unless the DUI is worked in (which is not how the NFL works regarding DUI). Can't wait for the reasoning behind a reduction to 8 games when others are getting ~75% reduction (unless nobody suspended plays until week 3).

1. Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 1h
    One thing that's important to remember: Not ALL drug-policy suspensions will be lifted. Only the ones that fall in line with the new rules.

Expand
  2. Favorite

More

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 1h
... Again, the NFLPA won't put anything to a vote w/o knowing the 32 player reps will pass it convincingly. So their discussion is relevant.

Expand

Favorite

More

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 1h
NFLPA conference call on NFL drug-policy proposal -- which arrived late yesterday -- is set for late afternoon. They're expected to vote.

WHY I NO ON YO LIST NOOBIE?!

Looking forward to the discussion of JG with Hoyer vs Manziel.
Personally, I want Hoyer behind center.

It's gonna be a thing of beauty
Yeah, my one thought (waaayyy back when at draft time) was that Manziel's mobility might allow Gordon time to break free deep pretty often. Manziel and Evans pulled that constantly at A&M.

We know Hoyer and JG can connect too.

Well it went somewhat assbackwards but Soulfly did make the proper prediction on games suspended if it ends up as stated.. Nicely done.
This!! I don't know why False is so mad. It shows maturity to acknowledge when someone is right and you were wrong. Soulfly made a good call and deserves recognition for it.

I was really hoping for immediate play time...with my RBs I wanted to flip Gordon for an elite RB to balance my team....

waiting 8 games for him to play in my flex or trade him at that point, while is great value since I got him off WW in a redraft....it still hurts because if my RBs dont defining who they are I could be screwed by then...

I gotta say I am surprised at the 8 games because that's still more games than 6 games which is the domestic violence suspension. So people can still say its worse to smoke weed than to beat your girlfriend which is what I thought the NFL was trying to get away from.
the nfl just wanted to get the white guy back on the field.

I'm confused.....I just scrolled backwards 2 pages looking for the link to the official announcement and found nothing....why is everyone talking like it's done?

Why is everyone celebrating? We still don't know if Gordon is playing this year - all we have is a tweet that IF the plan is approved, Gordon's suspension would be reduced, no? What am I missing?

:stillnervousowner:

• Smile
Reactions: SCT
The shark move is to trade him in redraft. Too much of a mess personally and too much uncertainty as to how he will play upon two months off. He can't practice right?

I'll consider him a high end WR3 and hope he hits his stride for the playoffs if I don't get a price I like. I'm hoping someone over pays for him though

Why is everyone celebrating? We still don't know if Gordon is playing this year - all we have is a tweet that IF the plan is approved, Gordon's suspension would be reduced, no? What am I missing?

:stillnervousowner:
because it's a fun thread.

ups and downs.

highs and lows.

if we didnt take extreme sides, this thread would be boring like the rest of em

I wonder. I don't think the NFL really cares too much about Gordon. So I was trying to think of a reason why they would be adamant about him still serving 8 games.

There was a tweet earlier that other players that tested positive and were suspended in 2013 would look for revisions. Maybe the 8 game suspension is part of a way to combat that??

Maybe because he was already in the program?

I dunno.

Gordon is now 86% owned in CBS. That's up from 83% yesterday and 78% the day before. Anyone know if any of the major sites show the progress of ownership numbers? I would like to know how much (what %) he was owned before Week 1 vs now.

The shark move is to trade him in redraft. Too much of a mess personally and too much uncertainty as to how he will play upon two months off. He can't practice right?

I'll consider him a high end WR3 and hope he hits his stride for the playoffs if I don't get a price I like. I'm hoping someone over pays for him though
Exactly how I saw it....I didn't care if he got back or not, he's like "juggling chainsaws" as another poster said. I dealt him away. And I'm in a dynasty league. I just don't believe that he can stay out of trouble.

JGs level wer so low that it may have just been a contact buzz and he may not hyave even smoked it...

I see now....basically there was an explosion of confidence because Soulfly returned, but no real new information. Typical of this thread I suppose.

JGs level wer so low that it may have just been a contact buzz and he may not hyave even smoked it...
Wait what????? What were the levels??? You mean like he could be saying it was just second hand smoke??? Link?

This thread should be studied in classes on social media culture and dynamics.

I see now....basically there was an explosion of confidence because Soulfly returned, but no real new information. Typical of this thread I suppose.
No, you're missing a lot it seems.
What am I missing? The Schefter tweet? That's not just another tweet about how Gordon's suspension may be reduced? Meanwhile Mort is saying he'll be reinstated immediately? I don't understand what's real information that we didn't have yesterday. We already knew he might be reduced or reinstated.

Two hours ago, from Shefter:

dam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 2h
When a new drug policy is approved as early as this afternoon, Josh Gordon's suspension expected to be reduced to 8 games, per source.
This could still be NFL sources not showing their cards..

Mary Kay Cabot:

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns receiver Josh Gordon will be reinstated once the NFL's new drug policy passes -- as early as Friday afternoon -- but likely only for eight games, and it will ruffle some feathers, multiple league sources tell cleveland.com.

One league source said Gordon will likely be reinstated for about half the season because his positive test occurred in 2013, as early as January, the source said.

But he'd be rolled into the new agreement because his suspension didn't start until after the new league year began March 11.

Because Gordon tested positive in the 2013 league year, the NFL and NFL Players Association have negotiated a settlement that would enable him to get back on the field at the end of October or early November.

If Gordon also has a DWI hearing in November, and if convicted, would be suspended for two games for that. But a source said that Gordon could try to resolve the DWI early and serve it concurrently.

Several league sources have told cleveland.com that if Gordon's suspension is revised, others who tested positive in 2013 will fight to have their suspensions revised.

One of those sources said agents will argue that players dating all the way back to the new CBA in 2011 will fight to have their sanctions changed.

"It will open a can of worms,'' said one.

Gordon's eight-game suspension would most likely be retroactive to last week's opener in Pittsburgh. Depending on whether the bye week is counted, Gordon could return as early as a home game against Tampa Bay on Nov. 2, or at Cincinnati for a Thursday night prime-time game Nov. 6. Those are the eighth and ninth games on the Browns' schedule.

Gordon has been 'very optimistic' about being reinstated, his new boss, Jeff Sarchione, of Sarchione Auto Group told cleveland.com.
The bolded is what I was looking for. 8 games doesn't seem to fit in with current (soon to be former?) rules, so a negotiation regarding Gordon only seems to make sense.

Two hours ago, from Shefter:

dam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 2h
When a new drug policy is approved as early as this afternoon, Josh Gordon's suspension expected to be reduced to 8 games, per source.
This could still be NFL sources not showing their cards..
Definitely true, but when Shefter kind of makes a stand/call, I feel like he's usually got the goods.

No, you're missing a lot it seems.
What am I missing? The Schefter tweet? That's not just another tweet about how Gordon's suspension may be reduced? Meanwhile Mort is saying he'll be reinstated immediately? I don't understand what's real information that we didn't have yesterday. We already knew he might be reduced or reinstated.
You're right. Soulfly's return is the only reason in the explosion of confidence. Not the multiple reports from credible NFL reporters that a NFLPA vote will take place this afternoon to pass a deal with 8 games being the consensus number that Gordon's suspension will be reduced to.

It's just soulfly and no new info has come about today. Carry on.

Yup, he's being suspended 8 games for testing positive to insignificant levels of an innocuous substance, whereas Welker is granted amnesty despite being popped for a drug that can cause brain damage and even death.

• Smile
Reactions: SCT

Users who are viewing this thread