What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (14 Viewers)

Blaming others for his rising price is no one fault but your own.

Shouldve been buying months and months ago
Last off season I gave a future 2nd for him, and held him all year as my 20th rostered player. Are you proud of me?
I applaud anyone who can commit grand larceny in broad daylight
It sure as heck wasn't grand larceny a year ago, and it kept me from going after waiver guys by holding him all year. CHances are I missed on a quality waiver pick up because of it also, so that is a factor as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

I got my fair share. Gave up a 4th in August and a 2nd last week. All I am trying to say is an owner giving the 1.04, and makes it public, changes everything.

If I roll two dice, what would you project them to add up to? In average they will be a seven, but there's a one in 6 chance they'll add up to ten or higher. You get more board cred for predicting a ten than a 7, and you'd probably take credit for being close if they came up 8 or 9, so you might as well predict 10 when there's nothing on the line.

Same thing with predicting a 4 or worse. How smart you'd look if it came up snake eyes.

Truth be told, nobody knows if Gordon will ever play again, or if he does, for how long, or if he will even play that well. We can make educated guesses, but those go out the window when he meets a tranny hooker in tijuana or his high school coach's son dies of an overdose and it changes his life. You just don't know.

It's fun to predict the best possible case and be right, but it's smarter in the long run to consider all the possibilities.

I play fantasy for fun, not to make a living.

The money means nothing, the trash talk, everything.

Rather have guys I love watching then pretend fantasy is life/death and judge a guys character as if i know him personally

listen up if this bromigo goes top 3 then my touchdownaderos are going to fly off the shelf brohans they are the only tortilla with just the hint of lightly fried jalapenos and with a top wr endorsing them you are probably talking to the richest brohan around these parts so bam take that to the bank while i take it to the bank bromigos

I play fantasy for fun, not to make a living.

The money means nothing, the trash talk, everything.

Rather have guys I love watching then pretend fantasy is life/death and judge a guys character as if i know him personally
But do you have to let that cloud your judgement to the extent of lunacy?

Dry your tears, you held on to a top 3 WR
top 3? Ok, it is official, you are insane and nobody should ever take you seriously (not that they do anyway)
This is why I love forum "debates".
Outlandish statements don't generally attract positive comments.
He's a top 3 wr.

Still waitint for your stat prediction
Well, would be nice to know if he will be available week 1, which team, what QB...........................but gun to my head right now I say 65 catches for 1000 yards and about 6 TDs

Ok, fair enough.

Assuming he stays, w Goff at QB... Ill go 80/1350/8

Safe play for yr1 w rookie qb

Ok, fair enough.

Assuming he is reinstated right away and gets in the full offseason.

Assuming he has his head on straight.

Assuming he is in great shape.

Assuming he doesnt get popped again.

Assuming he stays healthy.

Then yeah, I would not be surprised by those numbers, though I would still not project them even if all those things happen. I see that as his upside. Still not top 3 even if those are his numbers though. :no:

Ok, fair enough.

Then yeah, I would not be surprised by those numbers, though I would still not project them even if all those things happen. I see that as his upside. Still not top 3 even if those are his numbers though. :no:
He's 24yrs old. For dynasty purposes, yes... he's still top 3

I'm not worried about all that other crap. If it happens, it happens.

Ok, fair enough.

He's 24yrs old. For dynasty purposes, yes... he's still top 3

I'm not worried about all that other crap. If it happens, it happens.
Give me your top 10 dynasty WRs in order

Give me your top 10 dynasty WRs in order
PROVIDED he comes back and stays clean, which I do think is very likely (clean for 2+yrs from the green), mine goes like this:

Hopkins

ODB

Gordon

Evans

Cooper

A Brown

Julio

M Bryant

Dez

Watkins
No idea why you added the "provided he stays clean". You don't have the luxury of knowing he will.

But, if I knew for a fact he would stay clean, wow. No way he is ahead of some, probably any, of those guys.

In the league I own him, I might break my arm clicking accept to this:

Team idiot offers

Antonio Brown

for

Josh Gordon

Do you accept? yes no

In the league I own him, I might break my arm clicking accept to this:

Team idiot offers

Antonio Brown

for

Josh Gordon

Do you accept? yes no
Listen, you're free to do as you please, but Ill say one thing about this trade.

Gordon did what he did, with Campbell and Weeden. How was Brown when Ben went down?

Just some food for thought.

The top 10 for me are basically interchangable... Those guys can all finish #1 in any given year

Some food for thought. Brown has like 700 points since Gordons last good game.

I really hope Gordon stays with the Browns and dominates. That would be great. I just think ranking him at 3 is insane. Very, very insane.

You can think Im fishing, all you like. It doesnt bother me one bit.

The kid made history during his season. Has shown to be completely QB proof. And is just unreal ON THE FIELD.

So, when he is ON THE FIELD, he is a top 3 WR for me. Like I mentioned, the top 10 could go in any order, everyone has a fair shot at #1.

If you are honestly telling me you believe Gordon cant finish as the #1 WR, maybe you're the one that's fishing.

I think there are two camps:

Camp 1: Sky's the limit, if he gets his head on straight, he's top 3. (insert Soulfly avatar here)

Camp 2: He's a complete idiot, and will never be any use to anyone. (insert car dealership joke here)

I think there's a good chance neither winds up being true. I think it is more likely that Gordon's situation isn't stable enough for him to be a top 3 fantasy WR for the next few years. I think it is more likely that 2012 is an outlier, and while he may put up good numbers, expecting double digit TDs and 18 YPC is a recipe for disappointment. The last we saw of Gordon was.....not good. The team he is on.......not good. His history of personal choices.....not good.

I am encouraged that he has apparently been a Boy Scout during his suspension. That really is good, and appears like he's not Justin Blackmon. However, you cannot say he's out of the woods until he's out of the system, and has a clean slate. One more slip up, and.....not good.

There's so many questions about him, and at any moment the rug could be pulled out from under him.

2 years out of the game plus a huge risk of recurrence. No thanks. I'd take a chance on him late, but someone with visions of 2013 will no doubt reach for him way too early.

Last off season I gave a future 2nd for him, and held him all year as my 20th rostered player. Are you proud of me?
I applaud anyone who can commit grand larceny in broad daylight
I picked him up for $1 in an auction dynasty league about week 7 and held him. :thumbup:
:rant:

Soulfly3 said:
If you are honestly telling me you believe Gordon cant finish as the #1 WR, maybe you're the one that's fishing.
Not sure anyone said he "can't", so quit making stuff up.

There are 30 guys who CAN finish #1. Maybe more

massraider said:
I think there are two camps:

Camp 1: Sky's the limit, if he gets his head on straight, he's top 3. (insert Soulfly avatar here)

Camp 2: He's a complete idiot, and will never be any use to anyone. (insert car dealership joke here)

...neither winds up being true.
That looks like three camps to me.

What a load of #### this is.

According to multiple FBG Sources, he's failed multiple tests along the way, that we wouldnt hear about until the offseason.

Why would he bother applying if he's failed so many tests? The guy just DOESN'T GET IT.

According to multiple FBG Sources, he's failed multiple tests along the way, that we wouldnt hear about until the offseason.

Why would he bother applying if he's failed so many tests? The guy just DOESN'T GET IT.
I love flash. I'm holding on for dear life. But its not an impossible thing in my mind that the NFL is sitting on a hot test but waiting to release it when the attention comes to them. How long did they know Martavis had a positive test before his suspension.

Also Gordon needs out of cleveland . I would put odds of him crashing and burning significantly higher there than anywhere. I can't believe how they go and get these guys then give them no support, even publicly knick them low and act like they're taking the high road. That place is a disaster.

I'm not certain on this, but I think it's 99.9% safe to say that a player is 100% within his legal right to see the results of his piss test, every time he takes one.

They're HIS medical records. So... if he failed a test, I'm 100% confident he and his agent already know.

As a Josh Gordon owner who got him in the 9th round 2 years ago, I really hope he bounces back. As a Steelers fan who has watched what Hue has done for Cincy, I think it would be easy for him to have a great year if he stays clean. But also as a Steelers fan who has seen the Browns for years, nothing that happens with this team would shock me, including if they kept Gordon on the bench for all of 2016, behind Dwayne Bowe.

Also Gordon needs out of cleveland . I would put odds of him crashing and burning significantly higher there than anywhere. I can't believe how they go and get these guys then give them no support, even publicly knick them low and act like they're taking the high road. That place is a disaster.
I think Hue Jackson could be good for Gordon and there's a whole new front office in place as well - so any statements about what happened in the past aren't really very relevant.

I think Hue Jackson could be good for Gordon and there's a whole new front office in place as well - so any statements about what happened in the past aren't really very relevant.
When you're a disaster, you're a disaster until proven otherwise. Until proven otherwise, Haslam has no patience, cannot hire front office people, and tends to meddle in the personnel affairs of his team.

Hue might be good for Gordon. He might be bad for him. Hue is a tough coach, and speaks his mind. Maybe Gordon doesn't respond to that.

Gordon is your #3 WR and you think he's got another suspension waiting for him?

Users who are viewing this thread