What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (14 Viewers)

Skins will sign him, we took a chance on DeSean, we'll do the same here. 

Think about it.

Josh Norman

Josh Doctson

Josh Gordon

CHAMPIONSHIP!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
so, so many possibilities.

will cost literally nothing to get on a "prove it" deal. doubt there isnt a single team that doesnt take a run if he gets the green light
If I were a Browns fan I'd want him going to PIT. And I'd hire Bam Morris to chauffeur him there.

Are people still having faith in this guy? Even at his extremely low price, very few NFL teams will give him a shot. I hope he stayed in shape if he does come back since he hasnt be able to polish his game. 

Yeah, he looks like a star WR, but can he read defenses any better?
Is this a thing now? I noticed you said something similar in another thread, not buying this line of reasoning myself but if you think it's true my only response to you is do you think he reads defenses any worse?

He looks more like Boston than Antonio Brown. I'll take Antonio Brown, thank you. /hot take
He also looks more like Megatron than JJ Nelson. He has always been a muscular guy. I would bet that he actually weighs less now than when he was last on the field. To each his own, however his build is the least of my concerns with him. 

Is this a thing now? I noticed you said something similar in another thread, not buying this line of reasoning myself but if you think it's true my only response to you is do you think he reads defenses any worse?
In steelers1080 defense...Being out of football for almost three years is probably more conducive to not progressing in the ability to recognize and read defenses...

When he returned the first time, his production was way down and he looked lost much of the time. So it definitely had a negative impact on his performance. It didn't have to get worse to be bad. It definitely needs to get better to be good.

When he returned the first time, his production was way down and he looked lost much of the time. So it definitely had a negative impact on his performance. It didn't have to get worse to be bad. It definitely needs to get better to be good.
Don't agree, he was just rusty and not in good shape. I'll remain of opinion people who are worried he lacks ability to read a defense don't know what they are talking about and maybe an 80-90% chance they were in a coma in 2013.

Don't agree, he was just rusty and not in good shape. I'll remain of opinion people who are worried he lacks ability to read a defense don't know what they are talking about and maybe an 80-90% chance they were in a coma in 2013.
So, you mean basically all the people paid as analyst and talent evaluators for the NFL? Ok, well, no doubt I'll took your word over theirs then.

Still only a very small handful of guys Id take over him in redraft or dynasty, at WR.

But, in dynasty, I dont have to worry about that. I own him, everywhere

Where would you guys rank Gordon in a rookie draft?

...other than you, Soulfly, I know you'd put him first.
It's just hard to get too excited about a guy who hasn't played in 3 years, only had one great year, could be out of the league at any time, and will always have lower trade value than his production.

His market price should be somewhere in the third tier of rookie receivers with Kupp, Godwin and Carlos. So early-mid second round pick.

There are owners who wouldnt pay that for him and owners who wouldn't sell him for that, and with the risk/ reward, I'd expect a pretty big spread between his asking price in different leagues.  For now I'd take any of those guys ahead of him but if they end up in lousy spots and Gordon ends up coming back soon I might move him up.

If you move him up with ross and juju, you're swinging for the fences but those guys already have some stud upside and they're younger.  If you're a Gordon owner and you hold out for a top 10 pick this year you might get it or you might be left holding the next Blackmon.  

If you move him up any higher, you're looking at guys who have a good chance of approaching his upside, are younger and have less risk of getting suspended, and almost certainly land in a more stable situation than a team with no qb who has talked about trading him.

Let's say Gordon plays this year and has an OK year.  Call it 1000/7.  What are you going to get for him in trade?  This is his age 26 season, so you'll be looking at trading a 27 year old 4 years and multiple suspensions removed from a great season.  It's going to be really hard to sell him, especially when so many people have been burned by him at different points in his career.  You basically need him to put up stud numbers right away to sell him next year, so if you trade for him you're planning to hold him until he returns to form.  

For an early second?  Sure, roll the dice.  For a late first?  Only for the risk tolerant.  Anything higher?  You need to find that one guy who loves him and thinks this is his last chance to buy low. 

Whoever owns him is just going to hold him due to his very high upside potential. Unless a trade offer comes for a first round rookie pick, which it won't. So it's hold and cross your fingers. 

I only own him in one league and got him for free off the waivers last year in a short bench league, so it costs me zero to sit and wait and cut the rope if it doesn't work out. I'd imagine many dynasty owners are in the same boat. 

Won my league with him on the bench so holding until he gets permanent ban or plays well. He'll spend his whole career on my roster. Still not a bad pick yet, I got him at 2.2 in a 14 teamer. Many 2.2 and above are long gone. 

So, Josh Gordon just uploaded a story on his snapchat throwing his browns clothes with an emoji of a trash can.

@brownsdrafttalk

So, Josh Gordon just uploaded a story on his snapchat throwing his browns clothes with an emoji of a trash can.

@brownsdrafttalk
@JOSH_GORDONXII  3h3 hours ago

Seek a new beginning..

I mean... I had a feeling the Browns were gonna cut him. They really, really shouldn't have. But they were gonna do it. 

As a Browns fan, I get it from both sides. But he really shoulda not "trashed" his gear... We did give him enough chances. Not as many as I'm gonna give him... But enough

@brownsdrafttalk
Hope he can cover up that big orange 12 tattoo on his back, or the Browns tattoos he has. 

@brownsdrafttalk
He seems like a real POS to me to be honest. He totally screwed the franchise over and now wants to pull crap like that? Hope he falls flat on his face wherever he ends up.

@JOSH_GORDONXII  3h3 hours ago

Seek a new beginning..

I mean... I had a feeling the Browns were gonna cut him. They really, really shouldn't have. But they were gonna do it. 

As a Browns fan, I get it from both sides. But he really shoulda not "trashed" his gear... We did give him enough chances. Not as many as I'm gonna give him... But enough
Don't read to much into his cryptic messages, might not mean what you think.

I just read that Martavis Bryant has been reinstated which brought me back to here.  I may be out of the loop. Is there any expected timeline on when we will hear about Gordon's reinstatement?

I just read that Martavis Bryant has been reinstated which brought me back to here.  I may be out of the loop. Is there any expected timeline on when we will hear about Gordon's reinstatement?
Actually, I read up thread that a decision from the league is likely at the end of April/beginning of May......or, right around draft time. So, soon maybe?

I've been searching every few days for any news on this with no success. Anyone heard any rumors one way or the other?

The fact that they reinstated Bryant and Washington without as much as a peep about Gordon, tells me everything I need to know.  He isn't being reinstated this year.
I'm afraid the same. No good signs any where. I'll still hold until the season starts at this point, but he's pencilled in as my week 1 waiver claim cut. Anything else will be a bonus.

I actually read somewhere that Gordon applied for reinstatement about 2 weeks after Bryant/Washington and the NFL has 60 days to make an announcement.  If that's the case, and the NFL always takes their max time (usually the case), then Gordon should get a ruling about mid-May.  Cross your fingers.
Again, the 60 day thing is like the 55 mph speed limit. It's irrelevant and has never been enforced. The NFL has as long as the NFL wants. If the NFLPA decided they were tired of waiting, they can try to force the league's hand . . . but that takes time as well. We'll hear something when the league wants to a) rul on something and b) release the information.

Again, the 60 day thing is like the 55 mph speed limit. It's irrelevant and has never been enforced. The NFL has as long as the NFL wants. If the NFLPA decided they were tired of waiting, they can try to force the league's hand . . . but that takes time as well. We'll hear something when the league wants to a) rul on something and b) release the information.
Due to the fact he's had multiple suspensions that go back several years including an aborted return when he was thisclose I think are all things that will factor into his reinstatement review. I think Bryant is a  good guide that even if the league knew they right now they were going to reinstate him they won't do it until they can put a plan in place for him that he is agreeable.

From the outside looking in I hate the entire process starting with the suspensions for marijuana but getting past that I just feel like if you do the time you should not have grovel your way back. But, if for a moment at least,  I can think that Goodell and/or the NFL truly cares about the player I think it's admirable they are trying to put plans in place for some players before just throwing them back to the wolves so to speak. Problem for me is most of the time I think the league just likes turning the screws on these players every chance they get to try and force the NFLPA to make this a negotiating point for the next CBA.

Users who are viewing this thread