What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (12 Viewers)

One was an employee breaking the rules of employment multiple times, one was not an employee and hasnt broken a rule since being employed.  If you are missing that crystal clear point, the dumb one is you.

We all get punching a woman is worse than smoking weed.  Why cant you understand the difference between breaking rules while employed versus being punished for something done years before employment?
Please don't call each other dumb. Thanks.

J

That's not the point at all.  I'm not sure why you not only refuse to comprehend what is a very simple reason, and then on top of it choose to insult others who do understand it.
What in the world? Not surprised facts dont matter in these crazy times. DansRams called my dumb and insulted me and deleted his comment (or a mod did) even after I quoted it...why you ignore the facts? Then he went on to call me dumb again, causing a reaction from a mod. I mean you can see it if you went back to read. In fact, I'm done with you, go away. I didnt read past your first line, because nothing you say will ever matter to me if this is how you choose to respond, I cant take your football opinion seriously if you cant read quote blocks. 

What?? Strawman and ad hominem attacks by Mavis?  I'm shocked.
Incorrect reading of quotes and not understanding of the sequence of events and facts by Hankmoody who supposedly has me blocked? I'm shocked. Really are people so hateful of others they will just believe nonsense because it goes with what they believe? It is clear there is a post I quoted where someone name called me and then was deleted by himself or mods, my responded remarks of  "The dumb one is not I" is an insult? Go back to ignoring me, you embarrass yourself with your remarks way less when you do. Why do people say things like that when others can easily click on your page and see what the person is as a poster? You are the same guy who was shedding tears for a murderer, not surprised you are OK with known women beaters in the NFL. 

I wonder what specifically has led the league to deny his request. What about his life has he not gotten together? 
Another failed test most likely or not adhering to the regiment of tests he was under is what I am hearing from those claiming to be in the know on Twitter. No one I would source though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt read past your first line, because nothing you say will ever matter to me if this is how you choose to respond, I cant take your football opinion seriously if you cant read quote blocks. 

Well, that will certainly save you the time and effort it would take to generate a rational response.

A little off topic here. How come guys like Gordon haven't figured out a way to beat the drug test? I'm subjected to random testing every month, and I never know if they're going to call me. I also take the drug tests right at the job, where it is then sent to the lab. I've been using synthetic urine forever, and as long as the temperature reads correct, the lab can not detect the urine is fake. Why can't NFL players do the same? Are they observed when they fill the cup?

A little off topic here. How come guys like Gordon haven't figured out a way to beat the drug test? I'm subjected to random testing every month, and I never know if they're going to call me. I also take the drug tests right at the job, where it is then sent to the lab. I've been using synthetic urine forever, and as long as the temperature reads correct, the lab can not detect the urine is fake. Why can't NFL players do the same? Are they observed when they fill the cup?
Anyone who isnt smart enough to not smoke before the league wide tests are administered, is not going to be able to be smart enough to beat it when it comes up. They have to test like 10 times a month, thats a lot for a person to prepare for on the others aspects of their everyday live I would presume.  

Anyone who isnt smart enough to not smoke before the league wide tests are administered, is not going to be able to be smart enough to beat it when it comes up. They have to test like 10 times a month, thats a lot for a person to prepare for on the others aspects of their everyday live I would presume.  
Herein lies the problem. Had a brief conversation with a Pro Bowl WR a few weeks back (he is investing in a buddy of mine's start-up), and he smokes all-thee-time. I asked him why Bryant and Gordon have continuously got dinged, and it was all about smoking in the league-wide testing period. So long as you don't do that, you are pretty much free and clear. 

Herein lies the problem. Had a brief conversation with a Pro Bowl WR a few weeks back (he is investing in a buddy of mine's start-up), and he smokes all-thee-time. I asked him why Bryant and Gordon have continuously got dinged, and it was all about smoking in the league-wide testing period. So long as you don't do that, you are pretty much free and clear. 
Hmm pro bowl wr.....aj green!

10 yrs ago maybe Antonio brown, but who knows where to get that anymore......

insert random Blount joke here

Yes they are

Not that I know him personally but it's clear he's not willing to sacrifice his need for weed or the enablers that continue to feed it to him. Damn crying shame as he is truly a specimen and could have been a great one assuming he stayed injury free. Hate to see that especially over something as stupid as weed. Literally pissing away generational money. He'll never play in the NFL again, said it 2 years ago, will say it again. He doesn't have the will or desire to do what it takes to be an NFL player. Hope he perfected his car sales abilities becasue that is the upside of his earning potential right now.

Addiction is a helluva thing. Knowing that he just has to stay clean during a certain period, and being able to do it are 2 very different things. I b*tch and moan with the rest of you when these guys get popped, and most of the time it's because they're idiots, but a guy like Josh Gordon who knows he has everything to lose and still can't stop. He's just like an alcoholic who can't put down the bottle. It's sad.

Still hoping he eventually makes it back on field, but he's probably out of chances.

Tell us - WHO IS IT?

Addiction is a helluva thing. Knowing that he just has to stay clean during a certain period, and being able to do it are 2 very different things. I b*tch and moan with the rest of you when these guys get popped, and most of the time it's because they're idiots, but a guy like Josh Gordon who knows he has everything to lose and still can't stop. He's just like an alcoholic who can't put down the bottle. It's sad.

Still hoping he eventually makes it back on field, but he's probably out of chances.
but weed really isn't physically addictive, maybe a tiny bit but nothing major.  it's all mental addiction with it.  The NFL makes it super easy to pass the tests if you're not already in the program.  Once the testing period is over they can smoke all they want.  If someone can't play within the very lenient NFL drug testing system it's hard to feel bad for them.

Some tweets from John McClain, NFL reporter for the Houston Chronicle:

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL

Gordon said he was suspended by Baylor after failing a marijuana test. Said he learned his lesson and vowed not to do it again.
Was reading through this thread and came across this "vow" from Gordon.

massraider said:
Two agents have fired him, and people still have him on fantasy rosters because of 2013.

It's 2017.
I saw people still turning down trades for him. Even if he comes back, he will never do what he did. 

Slider said:
He's on mine. Won the title last year. When he's out of chances I'll drop him.
Apples and oranges. People have injured players on their team who cant play and wins titles, means nothing. He is out of chances, the point is rostering a guy who has been out since 2013 and people like you who still hold out hope are having dreams of his return. Personally, I want to thank peopel like you for wasting the roster spot on a dead spot. 

Apples and oranges. People have injured players on their team who cant play and wins titles, means nothing. He is out of chances, the point is rostering a guy who has been out since 2013 and people like you who still hold out hope are having dreams of his return. Personally, I want to thank peopel like you for wasting the roster spot on a dead spot. 
That's ridiculous. Who's your last roster spot going to and what did he contribute in any game? 

That's ridiculous. Who's your last roster spot going to and what did he contribute in any game? 
Depends on how many you can fit, so no, its not ridiculous...and why would people waste a roster spot on a guy gone for 3 years? Thats whats ridiculous. 

Depends on how many you can fit, so no, its not ridiculous...and why would people waste a roster spot on a guy gone for 3 years? Thats whats ridiculous. 
Yeah it's ridiculous. In any league there are generally two or three guys rostered that never play in a game.  Holding on to someone who once was a league leader and is 26 is better to me than the Ka'Deem Carey or Markus Wheaton types. 

NFL: "I'll give you $50M to put down the bong and don't pick it back up until you retire."

Gordon: "Oh Yeah, BAY-BEE! Spark one up, we goin uptown!"
What an idiot.  So sad.  Have to imagine if he lasts till 50 he's one day going to look back and finally realize what could have been.

ILUVBEER99 said:
but weed really isn't physically addictive, maybe a tiny bit but nothing major.  it's all mental addiction with it.  The NFL makes it super easy to pass the tests if you're not already in the program.  Once the testing period is over they can smoke all they want.  If someone can't play within the very lenient NFL drug testing system it's hard to feel bad for them.
Right.  Ergo, it's not weed.

This post reminded me of the whizzinator.

I may have agreed with this take before his last denial, but I'm not very hopeful that he gets reinstated this fall. Just like I don't think cj spiller will suddenly regain form in kc this year, Calvin Johnson won't be back, and Father Time will catch Tom Brady eventually, even if buffalo, ny, and Miami won't.

I doubt he ever gets back in also. I just think he's more worth a stash than some other nobody. He has a 2% chance of putting up points and the 20th guy on your roster has a 1%.

Yeah it's ridiculous. In any league there are generally two or three guys rostered that never play in a game.  Holding on to someone who once was a league leader and is 26 is better to me than the Ka'Deem Carey or Markus Wheaton types. 
Is it better to have players out of the league (who you even admit think wont be back) over those in the league who can possibly contribute? Quincy Enunwa was dropped for Gordon in one league when the other owner scooped a defense in a dyno. Who would u rather have Gordon or Enunwa? Yes, that bottom of the roster is ther for a reason, to keep player you need or have upside. There is absolutely 0 upside in Gordon and absolutely 0 worth. I rather own the scrubbiest current player than Gordon, one may score points for me.

I would say he has a tiny chance to get back in this fall. About the same as Markus Wheaton has to contribute anything. So we really disagree on the value of not much vs not much. We'll just agree to disagree. 

I'd imagine roster sizes are the deciding factor when talking about "end of the bench". I'm in 2 leagues with 20 slots total (including 2 IR/Suspending slots). if I have room on my IR, then I'll stash him "for free". Otherwise, in a league like that with smaller rosters, he's not worth carrying and taking up a valuable slot where I need to carry a rookie or vet depth. 

If I were his agent I would, of course, have him vow to remain sober.  The thing is, that is not his real transgression, and he has never spoken to his real transgression, at least not eloquently and directly.  I would have him apologize to his owner and fans and team mates.  I would have him say that he now gets that he let them down, not just himself.  I would have him say that he understands that not being reliable, all because he wanted to get high, meant he was not there for them when they were planning that he would be.  I would have him apologize to the league and to Goodell personally saying that the league is not there for him, but that he would like to be there for the league.  I would have him say that he understands league policies are intended to allow it to grow in its contracts and endorsements and that petty foolishness by him have been a distraction to that goal.  I would have him say that in some small way he has made marketing the game incrementally more difficult hurting the league and the players in contract monies.  I would acknowledge that the league has spent far to much time and energy on the case of someone who tried to throw all his gifts away, and that if the league saw fit to reinstate me that it would never happen again.  He needs to make the league think that he gets it and would be a good business partner, even a poster child for understanding that the players and owners are interdependent.

Frankly I think he has very little chance otherwise. His only value to the league is if he produces it by supporting the league rather than himself.

Cut him today. 13 keeper league. Just ain't worth it. 
Exactly. Roster size and # of Keepers is key in this discussion. In my Keep 12 league, he's sitting on my IR for now, but when we have to cut down to 12 in the summer, he's gonna be kicked to the curb. 

Ditkaless Wonders said:
If I were his agent I would, of course, have him vow to remain sober.  The thing is, that is not his real transgression, and he has never spoken to his real transgression, at least not eloquently and directly.  I would have him apologize to his owner and fans and team mates.  I would have him say that he now gets that he let them down, not just himself.  I would have him say that he understands that not being reliable, all because he wanted to get high, meant he was not there for them when they were planning that he would be.  I would have him apologize to the league and to Goodell personally saying that the league is not there for him, but that he would like to be there for the league.  I would have him say that he understands league policies are intended to allow it to grow in its contracts and endorsements and that petty foolishness by him have been a distraction to that goal.  I would have him say that in some small way he has made marketing the game incrementally more difficult hurting the league and the players in contract monies.  I would acknowledge that the league has spent far to much time and energy on the case of someone who tried to throw all his gifts away, and that if the league saw fit to reinstate me that it would never happen again.  He needs to make the league think that he gets it and would be a good business partner, even a poster child for understanding that the players and owners are interdependent.

Frankly I think he has very little chance otherwise. His only value to the league is if he produces it by supporting the league rather than himself.
Actions speak louder than words.  All of that would just be a bunch of gobbletyguk.

All he can do is pass drug tests and do what the league asks him to do.

The league isnt going to force him on some world tour of apologies and promises.  

Exactly. Roster size and # of Keepers is key in this discussion. In my Keep 12 league, he's sitting on my IR for now, but when we have to cut down to 12 in the summer, he's gonna be kicked to the curb. 

Just curious, how does he qualify for IR?

Actions speak louder than words.  All of that would just be a bunch of gobbletyguk.

All he can do is pass drug tests and do what the league asks him to do.

The league isnt going to force him on some world tour of apologies and promises.  
Goodell seems to care more about the world tour of apologies than you or I do.   

Users who are viewing this thread