Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Matt Waldman

Josh Gordon Everything Thread

4 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

He was also told not to drink then posed for a picture for social media with a beer in his hand. Apparently he's not very smart

100% agreement there.  My point was that he was busted for pot doesn't necessarily make him an alcoholic and likely to go get a DUI and take out a minivan full of children.  He's dumber than a box of rocks for sure though and shouldn't have been out having a beer. 

• Like 2

On 9/24/2017 at 3:44 AM, Bojang0301 said:

Is this where flat earthers meet up in the Shark pool? Asking for a friend.

Just trying to get to 400 pages

mmmmmmmk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Men-in-Cleats said:

100% agreement there.  My point was that he was busted for pot doesn't necessarily make him an alcoholic and likely to go get a DUI and take out a minivan full of children.  He's dumber than a box of rocks for sure though and shouldn't have been out having a beer. 

I think the challenge of discussing Gordon is perception vs reality, and stepping back and taking a mile-high view (no pun intended).

from my perspective, and I'm sure many of the members here & society in general, Gordon's issues seem very minor. Smoked a little weed, got his drink on - societally acceptable things for the most part these days.  Hell, i just worked a 3- day food festival in Oakland & we had 5-6 breweries there, and the smell of reefer was prominent throughout the weekend. 

But from that high level, devil's advocate, league perspective standpoint, Josh Gordon is a drug & alcohol abusing liability. He's a bad look for the NFL because he not only was busted, he then went on to become a repeat offender. 

For the record, I think the league is wrong in how they handle pot, especially considering the opioid crisis in America and how destructive the "legal" meds are.

But they aren't a young or hip league - they have their crappy out of touch rules and they enforce them. And under those rules and with their ever present concern for appearances, Gordon is a repeat offender who carries significant risk.

perception vs reality.

Gordon is getting a raw deal, even if it is self-inflicted. 

I know I will be glad when this Gordon thing is settled for once and for all, and hopefully it will mercifully be done soon.

Tired of reading about everybody's personal opinions of marijuana, alcohol, the fairness of NFL policy, substance abusers, etc.  I wish there was a filter to just remove all that talk because it just fills up this thread without adding anything.

I just want to read actual news.  And actual news these days in regards to him might sadly be an instagram post or a tweet.  Too much to ask for any news at this point from a validated source or the league office. 

3 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

I know I will be glad when this Gordon thing is settled for once and for all, and hopefully it will mercifully be done soon.

Tired of reading about everybody's personal opinions of marijuana, alcohol, the fairness of NFL policy, substance abusers, etc.  I wish there was a filter to just remove all that talk because it just fills up this thread without adding anything.

I just want to read actual news.  And actual news these days in regards to him might sadly be an instagram post or a tweet.  Too much to ask for any news at this point from a validated source or the league office. 

Have you considered the Google? All the news, no personal opinion. Kind of the opposite of a discussion forum. ;) 

Just now, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Have you considered the Google? All the news, no personal opinion. Kind of the opposite of a discussion forum. ;) 

Oh yeah.  I know about the Google, the Facebook, etc.  I just don't know about Instagram/Snapchat/Twitter, or whatever it is kids use these days to communicate.  Seems like that's where all the breaking news on Gordon occurs these days...  Carry on, almost to 400...

• Like 1

Just now, greyhorse said:

Oh yeah.  I know about the Google, the Facebook, etc.  I just don't know about Instagram/Snapchat/Twitter, or whatever it is kids use these days to communicate.  Seems like that's where all the breaking news on Gordon occurs these days...  Carry on, almost to 400...

:lol: 

well played. 

On 9/23/2017 at 9:30 PM, greyhorse said:

And the most telling thing is that we all were eagerly anticipating the September 21st date when he was to leave rehab.  Shouldn't have there been a little blip of news?  Wouldn't he have snapchatted or instagrammed that he was out?

didn't he snap the night he got out of rehab?

to those who grabbed him: what's your timeline for keeping him?

i'm a tad disappointed we haven't heard peep and i'm contemplating cutting him wednesday if there's no news on his reinstatement papers or meeting with the team by then... i feel like those are important first steps for him playing this year but the ball should probably get rolling pretty soon...

EDIT: 400 PAGES WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by strong
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2017 at 3:23 PM, strong said:

June 10, 2067: Noted Sports Agent Robert Gordon announced today that his grandfather, WR Josh Gordon, has successfully completed a rehabilitation stay and expects to be reinstated in time to attend Cleveland Browns training camp next month. "Even though he hasn't played for over 50 years, he's in phenomenal condition," the younger Gordon said. "In fact, I'm currently negotiating with a guy called Soulfly297 in my fantasy football league to see if he'll trade him to me."

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, apalmer said:

June 10, 2067: Noted Sports Agent Robert Gordon announced today that his grandfather, WR Josh Gordon, has successfully completed a rehabilitation stay and expects to be reinstated in time to attend Cleveland Browns training camp next month. "Even though he hasn't played for over 50 years, he's in phenomenal condition," the younger Gordon said. "In fact, I'm currently negotiating with a guy called Soulfly297 in my fantasy football league to see if he'll trade him to me."

Oh Arnie, always the jokester. I love your iced tea lemon aid concoction by the way, so refreshing and only half the sugar as a 12oz can of soda pop!

On 9/25/2017 at 9:23 PM, strong said:

I am in a 14 team 0.5 ppr 14player(5bench) League starting one running back and two wide receiver with two flex positions. I have very well distributed bye weeks amongst my 7 flex possible players (Hunt,cja,Carson,Cohen,Jordy,tyreek,tate) and don't need a bye week replacement for other positions until week 10. The waiver wire is pretty thin with 14 teams and 14 players. I will probably hold Gordon until there is actual news, abandoning hope in week 9, or unless there is a player worthy of my free agent action budget before then.

33 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

I've never had more fun than I am now trolling Gordon threads on reddit. 

Are you the guy who knows a guy who went to rehab with Gordon who said he's getting reinstated on the 29th?

1 hour ago, apalmer said:

38 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

I've never had more fun than I am now trolling Gordon threads on reddit. 

:lmao:

4 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

Are you the guy who knows a guy who went to rehab with Gordon who said he's getting reinstated on the 29th?

No, I'm this guy..

[–]Paradigm6790 5 points 51 minutes ago 

He's the ultimate lottery ticket. Owned in basically no leagues until recently with a slim but enormous potential upside.

Name a better lottery ticket.

[–]dtg99 13 points 50 minutes ago 

Name a better lottery ticket.

Anyone who actually plays football.

[–]eltigre2134 3 points 44 minutes ago 

He is legitimately worth rostering in leagues of 12 or more, especially if you have 6 bench spots like my league.

And for those teams that have a strong group of starters that are 3-0 - I won't ever play Mike Wallace over Keenan Allen. And if Allen gets hurt, there's 50 receivers who will give me 6-8 points a week. I want high upside.

You aren't wrong about the odds. But why roster guys you aren't going to play like Robby Anderson? Might as well take a flier.

[–]dtg99 4 points 44 minutes ago 

But why roster guys you aren't going to play like Robby Anderson?

Because when bye weeks hit you're going to need guys who play football.

[–]scaredshtlessintx 5 points 44 minutes ago 

I'd rather have him on my bench than losing to him in the playoffs

[–]dtg99 2 points 41 minutes ago 

In 2014, the last time he actually played the game of football, he caught 9/108/0 through weeks 14-16. If your opponent plays him against you, he'll win you the playoffs.

–]EggOnYoFace 1 point 29 minutes ago 

How could you possibly know what the odds are? For all we know he gets reinstated tomorrow. For all we know he never plays again. It's somewhere in between, but who are you to say it's impossible he comes back and has value this year? The hype train thing can be annoying af, I get it. But the dude has upside and is now officially out of rehab, giving him at least a shot to come back.

[–]dtg99 1 point 24 minutes ago* 

but who are you to say it's impossible he comes back and has value this year?

Sure, there's a non-zero chance that he holds value, there's also a non-zero chance chance that Austin Ekeler holds significant value this year - and his odds are exponentially higher than Josh Grodons. Part of that is due to fact that Melvin Gordon has a colored injury history, the other is that Ekeler actually plays football.

• Like 3

I dropped him in both leagues I added him to, opting for players who would actually help my teams.

needed a DL in my IDP league & a QB2 in my D/ST league. 

1 hour ago, apalmer said:

This is quite possibly the funniest post I've ever read on any discussion forum. Ever.

L O m-f'in L

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

Gordon sighting today!!!!!!

#Browns WR Josh Gordon appears to be out of rehab ????? pic.twitter.com/0vTUKPjJpM

From 247 Sports 37 minutes ago

42 minutes ago, kencav said:

Gordon sighting today!!!!!!

#Browns WR Josh Gordon appears to be out of rehab ????? pic.twitter.com/0vTUKPjJpM

From 247 Sports 37 minutes ago

And?

:sadbanana:

• Like 1

Anyone starting him with confidence this week? :lmao:

I'm still holding due to large rosters but bye weeks are coming and that might make it hurt a little more.

• Like 1

Norv Turner should put this thread on his resume.  

Edited by amnesiac
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, apalmer said:

Also very very funny. lol

1 hour ago, Statorama said:

If we could have just combined his talent with my will power....we'd be millionaires by now!

If we combined his money with my love of weed, we'd all be Snoop Dogg by now. 

• Like 3

So...September 28th.  Based on that report from the guy on Reddit who knows a guy who is cousin's with the guy who was in rehab with Gordon...tomorrow is the day when the internet breaks, right?  Should we put the Dom in the refrigerator tonight?

• Like 1

Inside info.....Take it or leave it.

Josh Gordon is_______________________. DM me for my paypal account info.  :excited:

Edited by thehoch
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

So...September 28th.  Based on that report from the guy on Reddit who knows a guy who is cousin's with the guy who was in rehab with Gordon...tomorrow is the day when the internet breaks, right?  Should we put the Dom in the refrigerator tonight?

Why not, I'm sure it's already in Josh's fridge. ;) 

Just now, thehoch said:

Inside info.....Take it or leave.

Josh Gordon is_______________________. DM me for my paypal account info.  :excited:

Brilliant! :doh: 

• Like 1

For what it’s worth Josh Gordon is officially out of rehab. There are rumors (which I’m 99% sure are nonsense) from a couple of different sources on Twitter that he will be reinstated on the 29th...Again, I highly doubt these rumors are true, but they are suggesting picking up Gordon asap.

https://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Josh-Gordon-out-of-rehab-back-on-football-field-Cleveland-Browns-108093922

What will come first: This thread hits page 420, or Gordon gets reinstated? 

Let's give this thing a real go, guys. 

I bet Gordon doesn't kneel for the anthem. He will be too worried about rocking the boat. He may even sing and everything. Wear red, white and blue cleats and donate to the troops because he is a real American hero. 

22 minutes ago, Saboo said:

For what it’s worth Josh Gordon is officially out of rehab. There are rumors (which I’m 99% sure are nonsense) from a couple of different sources on Twitter that he will be reinstated on the 29th...Again, I highly doubt these rumors are true, but they are suggesting picking up Gordon asap.

https://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Josh-Gordon-out-of-rehab-back-on-football-field-Cleveland-Browns-108093922

>>There have been no reports of Gordon re-applying for reinstatement.<<

2 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

>>There have been no reports of Gordon re-applying for reinstatement.<<

Yet

PETITION

I hereby agree to not post in this thread unless there is verifiable news relating to Josh Gordon playing football in the NFL again.

1. King of the Jungle

2-100. Everyone else

Thanks in advance!

I'm in a league with 96 owners and there are 8 copies of Gordon available.  I just added him...not because I want him or think that he's worth anything...just wanted to send 95 other owner's scurrying looking for breaking news to explain why I picked him up.  :devil:

Pffft.  It's September 29th.  No verifiable reports of anything.  Where is that stupid Reddit guy whose cousin is friends with a guy who knows a guy that was in rehab with Gordon? 

At this point, is he just jerking everybody's chain?  Post a cryptic instagram picture lying on grass with a football next to him because he knows everybody will be wondering?  If Gordon was serious about coming back, why doesn't he just put out a public statement saying "I have submitted papers to be reinstated."  I really don't understand why all the cryptic messages.  Serious question here, and not looking for silly marijuana jokes.  Is he being handcuffed by the league and told that he can't say anything about his situation?  And if so, why?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

Serious question here, and not looking for silly marijuana jokes.  Is he being handcuffed by the league and told that he can't say anything about his situation?  And if so, why?

My first thought was that he's likely trying to stay under the radar and be a "good boy." Full disclosure: I don't own Gordon in any of my leagues so I don't care one way or the other, but it does look like Gordon is living by the mantra "speak softly and carry a big stick." He's most likely just training with the hope of reinstatement, simple as that.