What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (15 Viewers)

Hot Sauce Guy said:
1st game back after years, he scored 11 more points than Ginn, who I would have run out at flex. 

I expect better & better as he gets in practice with Kizer & the team. 

I’m not quite @Soulfly3 level of excitement yet, but 11 targets, including a couple deep shots (one of which was a TD if he hadn’t been so damn slow) and I’m damn excited. 
fixed

BassNBrew is obviously not in the spirit of this lovefest. Gordon looked good last Sunday; that's all redrafters need to know.  

Mr. Irrelevant said:
I think the point here is that Baldwin YTD is 14th in targets, 13th in catches, and anywhere between 13th-16th in fantasy points. If you have three other WRs who are big enough studs to even consider benching Baldwin, your team is most likely so strong that you don't need to be rolling the dice on Gordon.
Both FBG (WR22) and 4for4 (WR25) have Josh Gordon ranked over Doug Baldwin in PPR this week. 

• 4for4 has nearly ALL my WRs on one 12T PPR team (Gordon, Jeffrey, Crabtree) except Thomas ahead of Baldwin.
• In another league, Baldwin, Gordon, and Dez are likely being benched for Julio and Tyreek in 12T non-PPR.

Baldwin on the road vs Jax isn't exactly a must start. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Both FBG (WR22) and 4for4 (WR25) have Josh Gordon ranked over Doug Baldwin in PPR this week. 

• 4for4 has nearly ALL my WRs on one 12T PPR team (Gordon, Jeffrey, Crabtree) except Thomas ahead of Baldwin.
• In another league, Baldwin, Gordon, and Dez are likely being benched for Julio and Tyreek in 12T non-PPR.

Baldwin on the road vs Jax isn't exactly a must start. 
Thankfully my Baldwin team locked up the 1-seed making week 14 meaningless. 

My Gordon Team needs all the help it can get. Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, AJ Green & Gordon at flex. Stafford’s hand worries me a lot. 

Gordon's projection on Yahoo has gone down steadily throughout the week. Opened at 10.7 then it went down to 10.3. Yesterday it was 9.7 and currently it's 9.3.  Kind of an interesting trend considering we just found out that another Green Bay defensive back is going to be out Sunday.

Gordon's projection on Yahoo has gone down steadily throughout the week. Opened at 10.7 then it went down to 10.3. Yesterday it was 9.7 and currently it's 9.3.  Kind of an interesting trend considering we just found out that another Green Bay defensive back is going to be out Sunday.
My projections opened at one billion then went to one billion and one. Yesterday they were one billion and two and currently I have it at three billion.

But that's just me so don't feel obligated to find it interesting.

My projections opened at one billion then went to one billion and one. Yesterday they were one billion and two and currently I have it at three billion.

But that's just me so don't feel obligated to find it interesting.
And you're super cool to boot

My biggest worry this week for Gordon isn't the GB DF but the weather - 18 mph winds projected as of now.

http://nflweather.com/en/game/2017/week-14/packers-at-browns
The average FBG might not have taken that into a previously, but the WR Whisperer accounted for that the day Gordon was drafted, completed his first suspension, completed his second suspension, completed his third suspension, got out of re-hab.

In before

The wind might redirect Kizer's passes closer to the WRs.
Between Kizer's cannon of an arm and Gordon being on the pudgy/slow side, hopefully it's a head wind and we get to see Soulfully celebrating real TDs instead of wouldva, couldva, should, fantasy TDs.

I think there is a very good chance Gordon goes off this week against a banged up secondary. Look what he did last week vs an all pro cb in his first game back in several years.

IF Gordon had an NFL level qb throwing to him I would easily have him in my top 5 wr’s this week and I might put him there anyway. Call me crazy, but if this kid has his head on straight and had a legit qb throwing to him the only other wr I would consider drafting ahead of him next year would be Antonio Brown...I wouldn’t blink twice about taking him over Julio Jones, AJ Green, Michael Thomas etc, this kid is special and I suspect you will see why this week vs GB

I have been hording Gordon on 60 of my 105 teams most of the year so it's now or never.  Amazing to see playoff and major championship round games are now pinned on a guy sitting on your roster not in the NFL for 3 years in your lineups.  If Gordon can produce at a high level this week it will give a big advantage to those teams left in the big dance of these major contests as your getting a high level player for basically free at to add to your lineup.  So many experts said don't roster Gordon this year it's a waste he will not be relevant this year.  Glad most of those people in my leagues seemed to listen to that advice allowing me to get him on 60 rosters.  Now Gordon does have a tough schedule for weeks 15 and 16 but it seems the schedule has opened up with Jimmy Smith injury and Chicago pass D giving up a little more recently.

I have been hording Gordon on 60 of my 105 teams most of the year so it's now or never.  Amazing to see playoff and major championship round games are now pinned on a guy sitting on your roster not in the NFL for 3 years in your lineups.  If Gordon can produce at a high level this week it will give a big advantage to those teams left in the big dance of these major contests as your getting a high level player for basically free at to add to your lineup.  So many experts said don't roster Gordon this year it's a waste he will not be relevant this year.  Glad most of those people in my leagues seemed to listen to that advice allowing me to get him on 60 rosters.  Now Gordon does have a tough schedule for weeks 15 and 16 but it seems the schedule has opened up with Jimmy Smith injury and Chicago pass D giving up a little more recently.
wait...wut? 105 teams ?

Users who are viewing this thread