What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (15 Viewers)

I have been hording Gordon on 60 of my 105 teams most of the year so it's now or never.  Amazing to see playoff and major championship round games are now pinned on a guy sitting on your roster not in the NFL for 3 years in your lineups.  If Gordon can produce at a high level this week it will give a big advantage to those teams left in the big dance of these major contests as your getting a high level player for basically free at to add to your lineup.  So many experts said don't roster Gordon this year it's a waste he will not be relevant this year.  Glad most of those people in my leagues seemed to listen to that advice allowing me to get him on 60 rosters.  Now Gordon does have a tough schedule for weeks 15 and 16 but it seems the schedule has opened up with Jimmy Smith injury and Chicago pass D giving up a little more recently.
105 teams? How is that possible or fun?

amnesiac said:
RFA after 2018 season, UFA after 2019 season.  
He's actually an Exclusive Rights Free Agent.  He has only earned two Accrued Seasons since he was suspended a total of 11 games in 2014.  A player must be on full pay status for a minimum of 6 games to advance his seniority.  Gordon has only done that in his first two years.  As an ERFA once Cleveland tenders him a qualifying offer he will not be able to negotiate with any other team.  He can only sign that offer or not play.  I don't believe there is any minimum salary structure involving ERFA outside of the standard NFL contract minimums.

Alright people. Let's put the shtick aside real quick. I spent the day on a party bus and a tailgate and a football game and then a party bus again. Missed all other action. 3 catches and all in the first half? That concerns me. WTF happened? 

Alright people. Let's put the shtick aside real quick. I spent the day on a party bus and a tailgate and a football game and then a party bus again. Missed all other action. 3 catches and all in the first half? That concerns me. WTF happened? 
He made two brilliant catches for 50+ and a TD in the first then got Kizered on his four other targets.

He made two brilliant catches for 50+ and a TD in the first then got Kizered on his four other targets.
So untrustworthy until the QB situation is solved? 

I had a bye so decision time is next week. I thought I was set, bit with Wentz going down I'm not sure Jeffrey is an auto start at WR3 anymore. So I have to consider Josh and Dede now. 

I just broke 100 points because of Josh's 13 points in standard at flex. I'm not sure what the problem is. My RB2 got me 8.5 points. It certainly wasn't Gordon's fault I'm finishing in third in a twelve-team league this week on bye.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Randall just busted out a tweet that may see a fine from his team or the nfl. 

Doesnt deserve it, but it likely will. League treading lightly w mental health issues

Don't own those guys.  Cut Williams for him and benched Sanu to play him.
Which Williams? Jamaal? If so, when did you make that move? Not sure I would have cut a back getting 20+ touches in each of the last five games in a redraft. 

In a dynasty it will likely turn out to be a win for you, but in a redraft I can't imagine cutting J.Williams when you could have cut Sanu.

Baltimore not the same defense without Smith.

Right now I have:

- Cooks @ PIT

- Allen @ KC

- Funchess GB

- Smith-Schuster NE

Haven’t sat my top two all year. #17 is no stud but he’s on a roll. JuJu has been ice cold since his WK8-10 peak (+injured then suspended.)

Don’t feel comfortable right now. Über talented beast, terrible QB.

Which Williams? Jamaal? If so, when did you make that move? Not sure I would have cut a back getting 20+ touches in each of the last five games in a redraft. 

In a dynasty it will likely turn out to be a win for you, but in a redraft I can't imagine cutting J.Williams when you could have cut Sanu.
Late September when everyone thought Jamaal was a bust.  Churned him multiple times so two of Moncrief, Smallwood, and Gallman.  Obviously he's doing better than those guys.

Don't play dynasty.  If he stays cleaned the dynasty guys will be rewarded.  As a re-draft guy, two weeks left for him to put up game changing numbers.

Late September when everyone thought Jamaal was a bust.  Churned him multiple times so two of Moncrief, Smallwood, and Gallman.  Obviously he's doing better than those guys.

Don't play dynasty.  If he stays cleaned the dynasty guys will be rewarded.  As a re-draft guy, two weeks left for him to put up game changing numbers.
I can understand dropping Williams in September but, that also seems to have been waaaaaaay to early to pick up Gordon in a redraft league.

Sorry you lost this week but I don't see how it's Gordon's fault.

Gordon had an awesome 1st quarter then disappeared. Still, his 69 yards & a touchdown were FAR better than what Tedd Ginn or Crowder would have contributed this week. 

I won my “win & in” game by 4 points and I’m now playoff bound. Thanks Josh Gordon for saving my fantasy season! 

:pickle:

BnB lost cuz he drafted a weak squad, overall

Like everyone else who loses this early. 

I start Gordon w confidence, and continue to roll onwards
How do you know I drafted a weak squad?

Never mind, it's obvious I have a weak squad if I'm starting Gordon.

I missed your final ranking this week.  Did the WR Whisperer have Tyrell Williams, Kendall Wright, and Goodwin ranked ahead of Josh this week?

Averaging more points per game in PPR, after a THREE YEAR LAYOFF, than:

Baldwin, Woods, Jeffery, diggs, crabtree, dez, mike evans, demariyus, Kupp, Ju-Ju, garcon, hilton, benjamin, cooper, watkins, jordy, cobb...

Just to name a few. <3

Or, simply put... 16th WR in the NFL, after 3 years out of service and no QB. Ho hum. 

Has it been brought up that maybe his conditioning is playing a role in his 2nd half drop off? Should just get a little better every week.

My dynasty WR bench is Gordon, Dede, and Goodwin. Gordon was third on that list this week. Is someone is going to step off the bench and start, why should it be Gordon?

My dynasty WR bench is Gordon, Dede, and Goodwin. Gordon was third on that list this week. Is someone is going to step off the bench and start, why should it be Gordon?

Well, you aren't exactly going to get unbiased opinions on a question that involves Josh Gordon, in the middle of a Josh Gordon thread.

But that aside, (and not knowing if you may need a blow up game, or more of a safe floor, league scoring specifics... etc. etc) I would say its between Marquise Goodwin, and Josh Gordon.

I can make an argument for either, but from the limited sample size of what we have seen with Garoppolo/Goodwin, I kinda like that scenario.... plus the Browns are facing the Ravens next week, if that makes a difference. OTOH, it looks like the Browns are Hell bent on force feeding Gordon, no matter how bad the throws may be.

I am quietly one of the biggest fans of Gordon around, but I try and take my personal likes out of most fantasy decisions if I can help it.  Unfortunately, while everyone else was clamoring about his  "next/greatest triumphant return" , I instead chose to pick up handcuffs and acquire bench RBs for the playoffs. 

So I don't own him anywhere.   :unsure:    Maybe next year though.

Good for the kid though. I hope he can return to serious fantasy relevance next year,  keep his head clear, and be a part of the fantasy WR landscape for the next few years.

TZM

Users who are viewing this thread