Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Matt Waldman

Josh Gordon Everything Thread

Recommended Posts

i'm eating all this up, Hue is feeding this thread all week..... starting over coleman and d jax this week.

Edited by iamkoza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaka said:

Never witnessed a perma-ip-ban in progress before.

:popcorn:

I step away for 30 minutes and have no idea whats going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

I step away for 30 minutes and have no idea whats going on.

Wheels Up went off on Joe Bryant....lots of potty mouth words and personal attacks. Guessing he is rightfully gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

Hue Jackson said Browns WR Josh Gordon will start Sunday vs Chargers.

- Adam Schefter

Rotoworld take:

Browns coach Hue Jackson said Josh Gordon will start in his 2017 debut this weekend.

Gordon will be playing in his first regular season game since Dec. 21, 2014. He did play in the 2016 preseason. Still only 26, Gordon has youth and freak athleticism on his side as he returns from his nearly three-year layoff. He will obviously be rusty against the Chargers' Casey Hayward-led secondary, and not ready for a full complement of snaps. Corey Coleman should lead the receiver corps in targets. Gordon is best treated as a "mystery" WR4.

Source: Nate Ulrich on Twitter 

Nov 30 - 1:32 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

I step away for 30 minutes and have no idea whats going on.

SUMMARY: WheelsUp lost his mind and hurled about 3 paragraphs of profanity laced insults directly at JB.

I never understood why people get so worked up over things like magic football.  But there is a lot of anger in the world, seems like more nowadays but maybe not, and the internet is an ideal vehicle for venting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

WheelsUp didnt get banned, did he? Whatd he do? 

He clearly took issue w my Gordonism, but he seemed cool enough 

Yeah he seemed cool enough with his responses.  Then he lost his cool. He took issue that Joe called him out on his posts and felt he didn't deserve to be.  He then took some shots at Joe's personal life and basically asked to be banned.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

OK, that was quick.

So tell me more about the Chargers CBs. They're pretty good, right?

 

Rotoworld:

Quote

Chargers CB Casey Hayward (calf, personal) didn't practice on Wednesday.

We're not worried yet as Hayward played all 55 snaps in last week's win at Dallas. He's taking a personal day to deal with a family situation. Hayward holds PFF's top grade out of 119 qualifiers at cornerback this season.

Source: Los Angeles Chargers on Twitter 

Nov 29 - 6:33 PM

Edited by Faust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chaka said:

Maybe so but that's a broad brush that includes everything from heroin to gambling.  From homeless junkies thrown into county lock-up and forced to clean out their systems to people with resources and strong support groups. From Cris Carter to Justin Blackmon.

It's like BMI, it may apply in the broadest sense to populations but it means nothing if we're talking about Maruice Jones-Drew.

 Actually no, the percentage I was referring to was primarily for alcoholism. Heroin is slightly higher, marijuana is not considered an addictive substance. Opioids are up there with heroin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW the personal situation with Hayward was this brother died in a car accident.  Which to me is not as minor as most personal days nor should be glossed over as he's sure to play. Lynn even said he was not sure.

I almost hate to post this because I don't want to come off as being happy as a Gordon owner that Hayward may not play due to the circumstances,  just relaying what I know.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Faust said:

Rotoworld:

Quote

Chargers CB Casey Hayward (calf, personal) didn't practice on Wednesday.

We're not worried yet as Hayward played all 55 snaps in last week's win at Dallas. He's taking a personal day to deal with a family situation. Hayward holds PFF's top grade out of 119 qualifiers at cornerback this season.

Source: Los Angeles Chargers on Twitter 

Nov 29 - 6:33 PM

Edited 12 minutes ago by Faust

This is my only concern with Gordon this week.  Hayward's little brother died in a car accident, so he went home to be with his family.  The timing of his return and mental state may impact Gordon's stats for Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, menobrown said:

BTW the personal situation with Hayward was this brother died in a car accident.  Which to me is not as minor as most personal days nor should be glossed over as he's sure to play. Lynn even said he was not sure.

I almost hate to post this because I don't want to come off as being happy as a Gordon owner that Hayward may not play due to the circumstances,  just relaying what I know.

 

:goodposting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

Agreed it's a complex dynamic. Few addicts have the support Gordon has. Few addicts have the financial incentives to stay sober as well. Although it's not unprecedented. On the flip side, few addicts are presented with the temptations and opportunities to get back off track as Gordon. It's the blessing / curse of money sometimes. 

Pulling for him. 

Not to mention the scrutiny & pressure. Both huge influencing factors IMO. 

I work next to a vendor at my farmers markets who’s 40 years clean & we’ve discussed this subject a lot. There’s so much that goes into addiction & recovery. 

I definitely didn’t mean to oversimplify things. 

I too am rooting for Gordon to stay clean, regardless of our magical football teams. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

Gordonism

 It’s a religion of peace?   :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sebowski said:

I don't know man. I played my best basketball when I was in that sweet spot. I called it "Basketball High".  It's like really really high, but not too high. I was unguardable. 

Unguardable... In your mind. Haha.

Edited by Gandalf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RapSheet 22m22 minutes ago

The #Browns activated WR Josh Gordon from the Commissioner’s Exempt list — he’ll play Sunday. They waived DB Justin Currie to make room.

**********

It is now, 100% OFFICIAL.

Edited by Soulfly3
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bodog has the over/under on Josh Gordon’s yards this week at 39.5 and on his receptions you can either bet over 3 receptions or under 3 receptions.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Faust said:

Bodog has the over/under on Josh Gordon’s yards this week at 39.5 and on his receptions you can either bet over 3 receptions or under 3 receptions.

Wow. That's one quick slant away from being obliterated. 

I really want to see this.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Truly believe the Browns weapons in passing game is pretty solid now.  If Kizer can get close to Gordon he will come down with it.  Dude is a freak.

Corey Coleman is no slouch and Duke Johnson coming out of the backfield.  If they had a a slinger back there the offense would be pretty potent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vegas expected points for the Browns this week is 14.5 - not leaving a lot of room for Browns players to score in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

@RapSheet 22m22 minutes ago

The #Browns activated WR Josh Gordon from the Commissioner’s Exempt list — he’ll play Sunday. They waived DB Justin Currie to make room.

**********

It is now, 100% OFFICIAL.

So now a guy is out of the league and can't feed his family because of Josh Gordon. You just made me like him a lot less.  :rant:

 

 

 

 

p.s. Yes that was a joke.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Faust said:

Bodog has the over/under on Josh Gordon’s yards this week at 39.5 and on his receptions you can either bet over 3 receptions or under 3 receptions.

 

 

Love the over for the yards.

 

I got him down for 3/62/TD on 7 targets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

39.5 :lol:

Jesus. 

Pretty sure Jesus could go 40+ against the Chargers if you fed him 14 targets. ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Faust said:

Bodog has the over/under on Josh Gordon’s yards this week at 39.5 and on his receptions you can either bet over 3 receptions or under 3 receptions.

 

 

Wow. Those lines look tasty as fook

Edited by LawFitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Pretty sure Jesus could go 40+ against the Chargers if you fed him 14 targets. ;) 

With better sandals, absolutely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

With better sandals, absolutely.

Might struggle with drops a bit, now that I think about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Faust said:

Bodog has the over/under on Josh Gordon’s yards this week at 39.5 and on his receptions you can either bet over 3 receptions or under 3 receptions.

 

 

Do you guys have much experience with Bodog on these type of bets? I've always wondered how good their guys are at predicting individual players like this. In essence, this kind of oddsmaking is basically fantasy football. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, it's Thursday night and these always change but we currently have him at 3 catches and 40 yards. Maybe Bodog gets their lines from us... ;)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

FWIW, it's Thursday night and these always change but we currently have him at 3 catches and 40 yards. Maybe Bodog gets their lines from us... ;)

 

Could you lower the projections so I can win some $$$ then? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bazinga! said:

Dez

 

He's having a good night and it ain't over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Do you guys have much experience with Bodog on these type of bets? I've always wondered how good their guys are at predicting individual players like this. In essence, this kind of oddsmaking is basically fantasy football. 

@Joe 8ryant - I am not much of a gambler, but I have a healthy respect for the statistical prowess that Vegas employs with their sports books and betting operations. Prop Bets are a little more of a wildcard for betting; however, I found my mind wondering what the prop bets would say about the expectations Vegas had for Josh Gordon's return to football.  

I had a tough call this week at my final WR spot - Dez Bryant or swing for the fences with Josh Gordon. The Vegas yardage over/under expectations were helpful, along with the FBG projections (which were essentially in the same ballpark for both players).

 

 

Edited by Faust
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Faust said:

@Joe 8ryant - I am not much of a gambler, but I have a healthy respect for the statistical prowess that Vegas employs with their sports books and betting operations. Prop Bets are a little more of a wildcard for betting; however, I found my mind wondering what the prop bets would say about the expectations Vegas had for Josh Gordon's return to football.  

I had a tough call this week at my final WR spot - Dez Bryant or swing for the fences with Josh Gordon. The Vegas yardage over/under expectations were helpful, along with the FBG projections (which were essentially in the same ballpark for both players).

 

 

So did you go with Vegas and the experts OR did you go with some dude named Soulfly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

So did you go with Vegas and the experts OR did you go with some dude named Soulfly?

I almost went with the Josh Gordon mojo hurricane that @Soulfly3 brings with the intensity of 1,000 super nova suns on this subject; however, I cracked at the last minute and went with Dez Bryant even with the lacklustre performances Dez has had the last several weeks.

Despite all of the logic telling me that I made the right call - I still think that Josh Gordon can prove all of the doubters wrong with the transcendent talent that he has.

 

Edited by Faust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

Dez read this thread... Wanted to at least make this interesting. Good for him

Will still be outdone

Your predictions mean nothing

 

#neverforget

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

^^^ THis thread is about Josh Gordon, not about me and my elite WR scouting

In fairness, you've spent a good portion of the week talking about how poor Bryant is and how Gordon will beat his fantasy score even on a bad day.  Well Dez put up 60+ and a touchdown. You can't just hide behind the couch now and pretend you didn't make ten posts saying otherwise. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

Man... Dez's decent Stateline will take gordon likely to the 2nd drive to achieve 

 

16 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

In fairness, you've spent a good portion of the week talking about how poor Bryant is and how Gordon will beat his fantasy score even on a bad day.  Well Dez put up 60+ and a touchdown. You can't just hide behind the couch now and pretend you didn't make ten posts saying otherwise. 

Ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

In fairness, you've spent a good portion of the week talking about how poor Bryant is and how Gordon will beat his fantasy score even on a bad day.  Well Dez put up 60+ and a touchdown. You can't just hide behind the couch now and pretend you didn't make ten posts saying otherwise. 

Cool. 

Now let's talk why or why not Gordon will be over / under 3 catches and 40 yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like if Gordon tops 100yds, I should be gifted an honorary 1yr paid membership at FBG

My work has been relentless. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.