What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (10 Viewers)

Sad for the person. Addiction is a real struggle for many, and my hope is that this is injury related (comparatively easy to battle back from compared to...) as opposed to drug related. He won't read this, but I'm still wishing Josh to get get well. Football is so insignificant in the greater scheme of things, I still hope he finds success as a person.

Feels like a really sad situation---the unexplained absence in training camp certainly could be consistent with mental/emotional health issues and now this.   I hope the guy has his life in order going fowrard, football or not.  At least he should have the resources to get help---of whatever kind---he might need.

heartbreaking for sure.  Thought he had finally turned a corner.  If it wasn't a failed drug test and there's a change he could pass a drug test, someone may sign him. I just hope that he wasn't just having a bad day, is still clean, and doesn't relapse now over this bull####.  I pray for him.

I’m sorry, man.  This is your site, but we should be allowed to point out what an idiot this guy is.  If you believe it’s somehow a disease, great, but please do not censor those that know that some people are just stupid.
Aaaaaand now you've laid your finger on his point...

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 6m6 minutes ago

More

Josh Gordon hurt his hamstring at a promotional shoot, not at practice, per source.

Michael Lombardi‏Verified account @mlombardiNFL 19m19 minutes ago

More

If the Browns waive Gordon without an injury designation then they believe he is healthy to play. Which would be strange since they ruled him out Interesting to see how this plays out. Either way Gordon gets paid for this week.
I mean, Browns gonna Brown, right? If anything, Gordon should be even MORE focused now.

Assuming Gordon's issue is ONLY a hamstring tweak, this is a boost for his fantasy value. Expect him to be more motivated, he'll likely have a better QB (Dallas? New England? Green Bay? Carolina?), and most importantly, a better support system. Let's hope he doesn't go to Washington state for obvious reasons....

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago

More

Multiple league sources believe the Browns will trade WR Josh Gordon before they release him by the Monday date they announced they would let him go.
Gotta wonder what the asking price is. 5th rounder? 6th rounder? 7th?

I’m sorry, man.  This is your site, but we should be allowed to point out what an idiot this guy is.  If you believe it’s somehow a disease, great, but please do not censor those that know that some people are just stupid.
You clearly don't know what you think you know.

Assuming Gordon's issue is ONLY a hamstring tweak, this is a boost for his fantasy value. Expect him to be more motivated, he'll likely have a better QB (Dallas? New England? Green Bay? Carolina?), and most importantly, a better support system. Let's hope he doesn't go to Washington state for obvious reasons....
Have seen this sentiment a couple of times in this thread.  Not picking on this specific post in particular, but is there some notion that the Browns did NOT do a good job with this, or are we all just talking out of our asses?

A "better" support system?  While the Browns are a dumpster fire--the one thing that they have done over the years is sticking with Josh Gordon. We can blame the Browns for a lot of things--let's not blame them for Josh Gordon being an idiot and a junkie.  

So it makes sense a team would want to trade for him because they’d get him on his cheap rookie contract instead of having to outbid other teams since he’ll be a free agent and not subject to waivers.

Hey Yahoo just updated him from Out to Questionable. So you're saying there's a chance!

ETA: nevermind, they just changed it back. :kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:
A "better" support system?  While the Browns are a dumpster fire--the one thing that they have done over the years is sticking with Josh Gordon. We can blame the Browns for a lot of things--let's not blame them for Josh Gordon being an idiot and a junkie.  
My friend, with all due respect, you are "mind reading" by calling him a junkie. Maybe he moved beyond his demons, maybe he hasn't. However, the Schefter tweets indicate team still believe in the player and wouldn't trade for a 'junkie'. 

I don't know what they had in place. But I recall reading that when Dez came to Dallas he had a full time "babysitter" in a sense who stayed by his side 24/7 until he showed the maturity to handle what being in the NFL entailed.

Have seen this sentiment a couple of times in this thread.  Not picking on this specific post in particular, but is there some notion that the Browns did NOT do a good job with this, or are we all just talking out of our asses?
A team trading for Gordon should go over well with the Kaepernick crowd...but, yes...agree, Gordon being a non-factor in 2018 is in him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, the "Browns" have stuck with Josh Gordon. However, they have new leadership in place that has prioritized "getting their guys" in place. "Getting their guys" has been proven by getting rid of players from the Sashi regime. To me, it seems like Dorsey was waiting for the first 'slip up' to justify getting rid of him. Clearly, other teams value Gordon's abilities. A change of scenery may be good for all.

It's weird that people keep calling him an idiot.  He's an addict.  Lots of very smart people are addicts.

Users who are viewing this thread