Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Matt Waldman

Josh Gordon Everything Thread

Recommended Posts

On 11/29/2018 at 9:07 AM, kyoun1e said:

Think we have to hope X. Rhodes out here although from what I'm reading it sounds like there's a good chance he plays. Even if out, apparently the backup is solid as well.

That said, I think if Gordon has single coverage he's going to see targets.

My expectations are not high. Really hope to crack double digits in PPR. And I have to play him since my only other options are DJ Moore (who will start) or A. Jeffery (who I'd like to wake the hell up).

Pretty sure if Rhodes plays expectation is he’ll shadow Gordon.  I don’t think they’re going to double him up either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Xavier Rhodes - DB -  Vikings

Xavier Rhodes (hamstring) is active for Week 13 against the Patriots.

Rhodes tweaked his hamstring in last week's win over Green Bay, but he'll gut it out in what amounts to a must-win game for Minnesota. The All-Pro corner will be tasked with shutting down Patriots star Josh Gordon.

Source: Minnesota Vikings on Twitter 

Dec 2 - 3:04 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Is he playing today or just stinking?

Just 46 yards and a touchdown? How's that for fantasy?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Just 46 yards and a touchdown? How's that for fantasy?  

Not bad. Still didn’t overtake Boyd and Sutton on my bench

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't own Gordon in any league, but from what I've seen he seems like the most under utilized player in football.

Gordon should basically be their version of DeAndre Hopkins but they treat him like their Mohammed Sanu

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do yall think Patriots keep Gordon 2019 ?  does he want to stay in NE ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

do yall think Patriots keep Gordon 2019 ?  does he want to stay in NE ??

I can't imagine why not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Not bad. Still didn’t overtake Boyd and Sutton on my bench

And he outperformed AJ Green & that MVS guy in Green Bay both of whom I kept  on my bench.

Maybe the problem is with your coaching decisions and not with Gordon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stealthycat said:

do yall think Patriots keep Gordon 2019 ?  does he want to stay in NE ??

If they do, I won’t be keeping him for sure. Send him back to the browns. They need a deep threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaka said:

And he outperformed AJ Green & that MVS guy in Green Bay both of whom I kept  on my bench.

Maybe the problem is with your coaching decisions and not with Gordon.

My problem is acquiring too many good players to be a successful Gordon owner. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ellie826 said:

If they do, I won’t be keeping him for sure. Send him back to the browns. They need a deep threat.

He’s basically a wr2 with high-end wr1 upside on any given week.  Assuming this is a dyno league with 10+ keepers, who else do you have on your roster that you would choose 10 keepers over Gordon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rickyg said:

He’s basically a wr2 with high-end wr1 upside on any given week.  Assuming this is a dyno league with 10+ keepers, who else do you have on your roster that you would choose 10 keepers over Gordon?

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Lol is this your way of saying you’d rather keep any player in the nfl starting in alphabetical order over Gordon?  BC your link was to a list of every player in the nfl.  That’s a bit harsh but ok.  To each their own!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rickyg said:

Lol is this your way of saying you’d rather keep any player in the nfl starting in alphabetical order over Gordon?  BC your link was to a list of every player in the nfl.  That’s a bit harsh but ok.  To each their own!  

:thumbup:

Please show your work when you say he’s a wr2! With high wr1 upside  that’s a bit generous imo

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hard to guess at this point his value for next year. There seems to be some mystery as to where Gordon falls in the time served / contract status system. Most places have him listed as an RFA in 2019 but a couple of people say he might still be considered an ERFA due to his leave of absence from the Browns in training camp to start the season.

Edelman could be gone. Gronk could be gone. McDaniels could be gone. If NE were to somehow win the SB, Brady could even be gone. NE could bring in another high profile WR and/or draft someone. The drafting someone probably isn't that concerning given that NE can't draft receivers to save their collective lives. The point being, there could be a lot of new faces in town. One would think that with a full off season and training camp that Gordon would have more time to learn the playbook. Normally I would say that having an off season to work with Brady would also help, but Brady has made it clear that he values family time over practice time these days.

For leagues with very few keepers, not sure Gordon is worth keeping. In dynasty formats, people that hung on to him this long are unlikely to move him. In 0 PPR and 1 PPR leagues, since Week 5 Gordon ranks 22nd in ppg. I doubt he should be considered a WR1 next year. I would guess he should be valued as an average WR2 for 2019 if he stays on NE. From what I have seen from him this year, he doesn't appear to be the same player that took the league by storm five years ago. Maybe he is banged up some or NE isn't using him properly, but I am not sure I would rank him much higher even on a different team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, rickyg said:

He’s basically a wr2 with high-end wr1 upside on any given week.  Assuming this is a dyno league with 10+ keepers, who else do you have on your roster that you would choose 10 keepers over Gordon?

I own Gordon and want him to do well - but you can say the bolded about almost any WR really. Gordon has not come close to high-end WR1 numbers since joining the Pats and in an offense that spreads it around with a QB that has trouble throwing deep I don't think it's very realistic to expect it. Of course there may be a week where it could happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rickyg said:

He’s basically a wr2 with high-end wr1 upside on any given week.  Assuming this is a dyno league with 10+ keepers, who else do you have on your roster that you would choose 10 keepers over Gordon?

We only get 2 keepers. Gordon for a 10th vs Aaron jones for a 6th. The upside doesn’t seem high for Gordon. Low targets with gronk healthy and a qb who doesn’t have it on deep balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is anyone concerned with his declining snap count?

 

it peaked at 95% in week 7. hovered in the low 80s for a few weeks.

 

then 76% & 65% the last two weeks and only 8 total targets.

 

he's been in my starting lineup for a bit but i'm feeling less optimistic about that decision this week than i have in week's past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, strong said:

is anyone concerned with his declining snap count?

 

it peaked at 95% in week 7. hovered in the low 80s for a few weeks.

 

then 76% & 65% the last two weeks and only 8 total targets.

 

he's been in my starting lineup for a bit but i'm feeling less optimistic about that decision this week than i have in week's past.

Wow. Didn't know that. Something to think about for the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, strong said:

is anyone concerned with his declining snap count?

it peaked at 95% in week 7. hovered in the low 80s for a few weeks.

then 76% & 65% the last two weeks and only 8 total targets.

he's been in my starting lineup for a bit but i'm feeling less optimistic about that decision this week than i have in week's past.

I think it had to do with the game plan against Vikings, knowing their defensive plan to take away Patriots' receivers.  Even Josh McDaniels acknowledge this after decisive win over Vikings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rockaction said:

Wow. Didn't know that. Something to think about for the weekend.

 

 

i noticed in that 4 catch, 12 target game before the bye he started getting pulled quite a bit in 2 wide receiver sets as the game progressed and so i kept my eye on it.

 

it's not the "trend" we want to see, but to me he's still obviously their best downfield weapon. perhaps with gronk gimpy, they're just being overly cautious?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like Xavien Howard will be out next week for Miami.  

I didn’t like Gordon this week until this development.  Miami’s pass D had been soft but not so much on deep balls, more dink and dunk stuff.  Theyve  actually given up more passing yards to RBs this season than Tampa Bay.

Strong likelihood Gordon was going to get a Howard shadow this week and he would have shut him down IMO.  Now I’d see Gordon as a borderline WR1

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jtp1982 said:

Sounds like Xavien Howard will be out next week for Miami.  

I didn’t like Gordon this week until this development.  Miami’s pass D had been soft but not so much on deep balls, more dink and dunk stuff.  Theyve  actually given up more passing yards to RBs this season than Tampa Bay.

Strong likelihood Gordon was going to get a Howard shadow this week and he would have shut him down IMO.  Now I’d see Gordon as a borderline WR1

 

I don't view Gordon as a #1 this week because, well he's been a #2/3 all season (to be fair he has been WR22 since week 5 in my league). More importantly the Pats offense simply isn't designed to feature a WR with Gordon's skill set (see Cooks, Brandin) and Brady definitely looks to be going through a decline in ability, of which deeper balls were never a primary aspect.  Additionally Brady has a very poor history playing at Miami (at least in December). I like Gordon to do pretty much what he has done all year with New England, moderate production that helps New England win but likely not be a difference maker (or breaker) for fantasy teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaka said:

I don't view Gordon as a #1 this week because, well he's been a #2/3 all season (to be fair he has been WR22 since week 5 in my league). More importantly the Pats offense simply isn't designed to feature a WR with Gordon's skill set (see Cooks, Brandin) and Brady definitely looks to be going through a decline in ability, of which deeper balls were never a primary aspect.  Additionally Brady has a very poor history playing at Miami (at least in December). I like Gordon to do pretty much what he has done all year with New England, moderate production that helps New England win but likely not be a difference maker (or breaker) for fantasy teams.

This is the week that he finally steps up and warrants a start

rolling him out over Boyd Carson and ware

damn im an idiot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

This is the week that he finally steps up and warrants a start

rolling him out over Boyd Carson and ware

damn im an idiot 

No, you're loyal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, larry_boy_44 said:

So you are planning on keeping Josh Gordon over Josh Gordon?

I'm not sure you understand how this works...

I don’t own Gordon.  You can play him as WR1 weekly if you want but hes putting up WR2 numbers with NE and tends to have upside with soft matchups.  Miami isn’t that kind of matchup for Gordon if Howard plays.

Good example is the Minnesota game last week.  Complete dud of a game for Gordon until both of the Vikings starting CBs happen to be off the field, one with a concussion and the other with a reduced snap count due to hamstring issues.

If that game doesn’t convince you that opposing CB injuries don’t affect Gordon’s performance then I’m probably not the one that doesn’t know how this works. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, C-Bound said:

I'm playing some dude named Zay over him.

I wouldn’t.

You can’t look at Josh Gordon in a vacuum. He got off to a late start with the Browns due to his off the field issues. Then he pulled a hamstring and was traded to the Patriots where he had to learn a difficult offensive system... In my opinion he is finally hitting his stride and the Patriots are starting to use him organically in their system. With Edelman and Gronk  being a step or two slower I think there is a chance that Josh Gordon starts to really establish his place in New England going forward. I think he is a difference maker down the stretch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Bazinga! said:

This weeks projection

 

5/65/.2

 

Hardly a wr1 like some are hoping for

 

 

i think it's fair to consider him a high end WR3 with WR2 upside this week.

 

i for one am really hoping he'll be on the field a lot more this weekend... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bazinga! said:

This weeks projection

 

5/65/.2

 

Hardly a wr1 like some are hoping for

Nobody in this thread asked him a WR1 this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jtp1982 said:

I don’t own Gordon.  You can play him as WR1 weekly if you want but hes putting up WR2 numbers with NE and tends to have upside with soft matchups.  Miami isn’t that kind of matchup for Gordon if Howard plays.

Good example is the Minnesota game last week.  Complete dud of a game for Gordon until both of the Vikings starting CBs happen to be off the field, one with a concussion and the other with a reduced snap count due to hamstring issues.

If that game doesn’t convince you that opposing CB injuries don’t affect Gordon’s performance then I’m probably not the one that doesn’t know how this works. 

 

 

 

:lmao:

dude, it was a joke. Chill.

i was just pointing out that Josh Gordon would be on a full list of nfl players, so replacing Josh Gordon with everyone on a complete list of NFL players doesn’t make sense (because Josh Gordon can’t replace Josh Gordon).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sebowski said:

Nobody in this thread asked him a WR1 this week. 

Whoa there. I've got 10/120/1.6

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Whoa there. I've got 10/120/1.6

Exactly, nobody. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That was too easy to pass up. 😘

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He definitely ended up in the best spot possible for him personally IMO. It will be interesting what happens after this season. Hopefully he can continue to keep the peace and start dominating on the field again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C-Bound said:

Anyone worried about 15+ mph winds in Miami tomorrow?

ALMOST every time I've sat a guy because of weather it bit me in the a$$. If you have Gordon you did it for a reason. You got anyone else better? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, BoltNlava said:

ALMOST every time I've sat a guy because of weather it bit me in the a$$. If you have Gordon you did it for a reason. You got anyone else better? 

Gurley lindsey ware Thompson? Boyd Sutton hill  Carson Connelly?

pretty much everyone on the roster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm stuck with Gordon with Beckham out. Go Flash!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BoltNlava said:

ALMOST every time I've sat a guy because of weather it bit me in the a$$. If you have Gordon you did it for a reason. You got anyone else better? 

Not really. I'd be picking up Pettis and throwing him in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i know i was pretty much the only person worried about it, but josh gordon played 87% of the snaps yesterday.

 

nice to see him on the field a lot. hoping for a monster game next week!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.