What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (12 Viewers)

I do feel sorry for Gordon and hope he gets help. At this point, football is secondary. Can't see how he will play this season. He needs to be sent to a rehabilitation facility and then hire some good people to watch him 24/7.

Addiction is a powerful illness,

If he doesn't straighten his life out, we may remember him as one of the best players never to live up to their potential because of addiction, just as we remember Gayle Sayers as one of the best players whose career was cut short because of injury.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could have been the best WR in the game. Throws it away because...reality wasn't good enough? Really? Just unbelievable how some people don't get it.

Is there a more stupid person on the planet right now then Gordon? Seriously, why do the Browns not hire a handler for him that is around him 24/7

I don't think it's that clear cut that Gordon immediately gets nuked -- unless it causes Rosenhaus to stop playing games Gordon to drop his appeal.

Absent a conviction for DUI I think the NFL will continue the current process. So we may still get to see how things play out with the current appeal. Marshawn Lynch dragged his drinking/driving case out for a long long time after all.

I don't think it's that clear cut that Gordon immediately gets nuked -- unless it causes Rosenhaus to stop playing games Gordon to drop his appeal.

Absent a conviction for DUI I think the NFL will continue the current process. So we may still get to see how things play out with the current appeal. Marshawn Lynch dragged his drinking/driving case out for a long long time after all.
soulfly? is that you???

I tend to agree.

The legal process has to play out in NC before they incorporate this into further discipline.

The real short term question will be whether the Browns cut ties with him with this as the final straw.

next time drive head on a to a tree
Simmer down, guy. JFC.
sorry could have been my kid he drove into instead ??
I'm not defending Gordon. I'm condemning your death wishing. Get a hold of yourself.
better him then some innocent victim
What's wrong with you ?
i dont care about your fantasy team???
What does that have to do with the creepy #### you're spouting?
if i didnt know better id think this was jojo the clown......

Horrible example. Lynch is in good standing with the league, so suspending him while his case is pending would be foolish and bad form. Gordon is already guaranteed suspension time and wants that suspension reduced. You don't cut a guy a break when his next offense is pending. You also don't add on to his suspension either until they resolve this case either.

forget the NFL for a sec...how does he still have a license? I'm thinking he has to get the Blackmon treatment now if he already wasn't

I agree that the NFL is still going to follow through on the initial suspension and appeal hearings. This is just going to be additional above and beyond that.

I tend to agree.

The legal process has to play out in NC before they incorporate this into further discipline.

The real short term question will be whether the Browns cut ties with him with this as the final straw.
I haven't read the players agreement but I would think suspensions have a lower burden of proof than a criminal case. I'd see no problem with punishing him as a player/employee before his criminal trial.

next time drive head on a to a tree
Everyone let's put an end to this particular line of discussion. If someone wants to discuss the serious nature of drunk driving, that's fine. But let's do it in a way that leads to constructive dialogue rather than something that predictably is going to run the thread into the ground.

I'm shocked that a guy can be so distant from the reality of his situation. sometimes a man must hit rock bottom before turning around but I was hoping he had already arrived. Now he's just digging to China for rock bottom.

Some facts here:

1) Marijuana is not addictive.

2) Alcohol and marijuana have no correlation with each other.

3) Use of alcohol is legal and not prohibited by the NFL.

4) Only the people closest to Gordon know if he has an addiction to alcohol which is feasible. Addiction to marijuana is not, nor do I give any credibility to people who suggest the opposite.

Yes this is icing on the cake for what appears to be an idiotic child but some of you just appear to be living in 1950 behind your white picket fence and 1 dog, 2 kids household. Let's not forget that DUI's/DWI's are also now half profiting scam for police departments. I dare you to say that you haven't had a close friend or relative get a DUI. Do you accuse them of being addicts? From Johnny Carson to Miguel Cabrera we've seen thousands of DUI's and rarely has it stopped a person from being able to perform at whatever it is they do.

Still can't believe the Browns didn't draft a WR, I don't feel sorry at all for Josh Gordon, but I do feel sorry for the Browns fans.
This is a great post. I don't feel bad for Gordon at all. There are many people in life that have had more/worse addictions that can function at life, or even kick the addiction and they probably didn't have half the resources available that Gordon has.

Gordon: I have a really good excuse for failing my drug test.... So i would like some leniency. Maybe cut the proposed suspension in half.

Goodell: what about the traffic stop where your car smelled like weed and it was found on your buddy in your car.

Gordon: it wasn't mine, my buddy took the rap for that.

Goodell: what about the DUI arrest

Gordon: hey at least it wasn't weed.

Still can't believe the Browns didn't draft a WR, I don't feel sorry at all for Josh Gordon, but I do feel sorry for the Browns fans.
They had plenty of opportunities but they went with whoever was top of their board. I remember they drafted the second CB and I kind of thought: why? Desir did get praised heavily though. They already brought in Miles Austin who could still have some tread on the tires. Never been a big fan of Burleson but those two seem to be solid vets. Then if Hawkins is everything that they are all excited about they may be ok. I still thought they should have brought in Santonio but no one wants to take on that headache it seems.

Some facts here:

1) Marijuana is not addictive.

4) Only the people closest to Gordon know if he has an addiction to alcohol which is feasible. Addiction to marijuana is not, nor do I give any credibility to people who suggest the opposite.

Yes this is icing on the cake for what appears to be an idiotic child but some of you just appear to be living in 1950 behind your white picket fence and 1 dog, 2 kids household. Let's not forget that DUI's/DWI's are also now half profiting scam for police departments. I dare you to say that you haven't had a close friend or relative get a DUI. Do you accuse them of being addicts? From Johnny Carson to Miguel Cabrera we've seen thousands of DUI's and rarely has it stopped a person from being able to perform at whatever it is they do.
I wish people would stop saying this.........anything can be addictive .....

Looks like they will have to cobble together the best of the players cut and try and grab some other teams practice squad players.

Browns' Josh Gordon arrestedExcerpt:

RALEIGH, N.C. -- Police say Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated after speeding down a street in Raleigh.

Police spokesman Jim Sughrue said Gordon was taken into custody at Wake County Detention Center after being pulled over for going 50 mph in a 35 mph zone on U.S. 70 in northwest Raleigh around 3 a.m. Saturday.

Raleigh police captain Tommy Klein said to be arrested in Raleigh for DWI, a person has to be "appreciably impaired." Asked if the charge was DWI for alcohol or another substance, Sughrue said, "I can't comment on any tests we gave him or what the results were."

WNCN, the NBC affiliate in Raleigh, reported Gordon's blood-alcohol level was .09, and he admitted to having three drinks with vodka.

Gordon was released on a $500 bond. Court records did not list an attorney. Gordon will be scheduled for a court appearance in Raleigh on the charges brought against him.

Some facts here:1) Marijuana is not addictive.

I wish people would stop saying this.........anything can be addictive .....
On different levels. Marijuana is not addictive in the same way as nicotine, cocaine, heroin, alcohol, etc. This seems less an issue of addiction as it is priorities. In this regard, Gordon is about the dumbest human being alive. Top 10 at least.

50 in a 35 , 74 in a 60...

This is really worth pulling people over...

15 and 14 over - c'mon...

I speed all the time and happily. **** the Police!

I was holding out a very small glimmer of hope he'd maybe grow up and put it all behind him.

I've officially given up all hope.

Browns' Josh Gordon arrested

WNCN, the NBC affiliate in Raleigh, reported Gordon's blood-alcohol level was .09, and he admitted to having three drinks with vodka
.09 isn't all that bad. A few years ago this would have been a non-story. Not justifying him being out at 3am, but not as bad as I 1st thought
Bullsh*t - .09 - good god...The real story is that more speeding / drunk driving tickets are being distributed nationwide because of ridiculously tighter standards....

This means that it is not as big a deal to get a speeding ticket / DUI....

Practically everyone has them or will soon...

What the #### is wrong with this guy? Serious :tfp:

His 2014 is obviously done... I don't know if him or Blackmon has more wasted talent. Both exercise awful judgement, appear to lack intelligence, & are well on their way to throwing away a gift we only dream about. Seriously SMH!

What the #### is wrong with this guy? Serious :tfp:

His 2014 is obviously done... I don't know if him or Blackmon has more wasted talent. Both exercise awful judgement, appear to lack intelligence, & are well on their way to throwing away a gift we only dream about. Seriously SMH!
ETA: Upgrade for Jordan

WNCN, the NBC affiliate in Raleigh, reported Gordon's blood-alcohol level was .09, and he admitted to having three drinks with vodka
.09 isn't all that bad. A few years ago this would have been a non-story. Not justifying him being out at 3am, but not as bad as I 1st thought
Bullsh*t - .09 - good god...The real story is that more speeding / drunk driving tickets are being distributed nationwide because of ridiculously tighter standards....

http://www.dmv.org/nc-north-carolina/automotive-law/dui.php

For what it's worth, this is about as low of a penalty as it gets here in NC. May not influence the previous hearing.

I am GREATLY concerned about the Fatz Thomas link, as he helped ruin the college career of PJ Hairston.

http://www.dmv.org/nc-north-carolina/automotive-law/dui.phpFor what it's worth, this is about as low of a penalty as it gets here in NC. May not influence the previous hearing.

I am GREATLY concerned about the Fatz Thomas link, as he helped ruin the college career of PJ Hairston.
The law in most places is .08... That is the bottom line. You can disagree with it all you want, but if you're pulled over and have a higher BAC, you will be arrested. For a guy who should already be on a very short leash, you need to be pretty stupid to get behind the wheel with more than one drink in your system.

His 2014 is over, Goodell will drop the hammer, Gordon is not bright.

http://www.dmv.org/nc-north-carolina/automotive-law/dui.phpFor what it's worth, this is about as low of a penalty as it gets here in NC. May not influence the previous hearing.

The law in most places is .08... That is the bottom line. You can disagree with it all you want, but if you're pulled over and have a higher BAC, you will be arrested. For a guy who should already be on a very short leash, you need to be pretty stupid to get behind the wheel with more than one drink in your system.

His 2014 is over, Goodell will drop the hammer, Gordon is not bright.
.09 is bull####!

The law in most places is .08... That is the bottom line. You can disagree with it all you want, but if you're pulled over and have a higher BAC, you will be arrested. For a guy who should already be on a very short leash, you need to be pretty stupid to get behind the wheel with more than one drink in your system.His 2014 is over, Goodell will drop the hammer, Gordon is not bright.
Thanks for not reading. I never said I disagreed with anything. I merely said what he did carries the lowest possible penalty for DWI in NC.

The law in most places is .08... That is the bottom line. You can disagree with it all you want, but if you're pulled over and have a higher BAC, you will be arrested. For a guy who should already be on a very short leash, you need to be pretty stupid to get behind the wheel with more than one drink in your system.His 2014 is over, Goodell will drop the hammer, Gordon is not bright.
Thanks for not reading. I never said I disagreed with anything. I merely said what he did carries the lowest possible penalty for DWI in NC.
Both people you quoted appear to disagree :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread