What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

>>>> Owning McFadden <<<< (2 Viewers)

Well I drafted Jamaal Charles 1.01, then grabbed West and McFadden off waivers recently. With both of these guys I'm unsure if I should try to trade them. I could package either one with Martavis Bryant (Pitt WR). I feel like I'm going to be forced to hold everything I got .... and that might be the best thing.
Why the parentheses after Bryant's name?
Maybe he thinks some people don't know who Bryant is?
I had someone get confused between him and Latavius Murray of the Raiders once.

Well I drafted Jamaal Charles 1.01, then grabbed West and McFadden off waivers recently. With both of these guys I'm unsure if I should try to trade them. I could package either one with Martavis Bryant (Pitt WR). I feel like I'm going to be forced to hold everything I got .... and that might be the best thing.
Why the parentheses after Bryant's name?
Maybe he thinks some people don't know who Bryant is?
I had someone get confused between him and Latavius Murray of the Raiders once.
:lol: Odd

I cut him last week to help everyone's fantasy team. After drafting him and carrying him all season I thought it selfish to keep him all for myself.

A guy that looks to be the workhorse competing with Joseph "Doghouse" Randle and Christine "Dumb As Rocks" Michael? And if he is the workhorse, a bonafide RB2/RB1 regardless of matchup behind this O-line? Someone you can pretty clearly start while healthy and bench or drop when he's not? Sounds like the Jordan Reed of RBs to me. Sign me up!

Value overlooked. Total shark material and overlooked.

When Dunbar went out he was already a great add becaue he would be picking up that work. Out the gate 5/16/0 + 9/62/0. a very nice RB2 day. That was with Randle starting. That's pretty much a decent day for Duke Johnson who no one would leave on their WW.

Of course this week Randle goes down, and Mac takes over the whole Dallas rushing offense, or about 90% of it, with 9 carries to Michael and Whitehead. This team was no. 5 in most FFP scored by RBs before this past Sunday and now Mac takes it over. Incredible really, he had a huge day. He has probably bounced around waiver wires all year. Now it looks like Randle is out 4-5 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
If De'Angelo Williams were to take over for Bell in Pitt, he'd be coveted as the best thing since sliced bread, err...Christine Michael. Similar histories, both have been at the top of the FF world at one point, why treat McFadden different? Just because he's skipped leg day for a few years?

My only fear is the Cowboys don't solve the Seahawks run defense and then they go back to RBBC instead of keeping McFadden as the bell cow. My other fear is that if the Cowboys lose this game, they will just mail it in the rest of the year. So I guess I have two fears.

beef said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota Oct 28

Sunday was Darren McFadden's 13th career game w/ 20-or-more carries. His avg. the week after a 20-or-more carry game: 14 rushes, 57.5 yards
sounds about right facing seattle. michael will have something around 6 carries for 6 yards. but they will be the toughest fought 6 yards and worthy of HOF mentioning.
Complete with a clip for each run with a breakdown of how great each looked.

I am thin at RB and have Brady/Rivers as QBs. I offered Rivers for McFadden to a team that has Tannehill as their QB and Forte/L. Murray/Martin/McFadden for RBs and got rejected.

I am thin at RB and have Brady/Rivers as QBs. I offered Rivers for McFadden to a team that has Tannehill as their QB and Forte/L. Murray/Martin/McFadden for RBs and got rejected.
I'm back. Just to give you an idea. That's exactly what I was able to do. I had Rivers and hoping Ben returns. So traded Rivers for McFadden to a team with Peyton. I then flipped McFadden for Lacy to the guy who had Randle and his patience is growing thin with Lacy.

I'll take my chances.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Todd Archer believes Darren McFadden will be close to an every-down player against the Seahawks.

Christine Michael and Rod Smith had no experience in the Cowboys' passing game, meaning McFadden should handle most of the early-down work and all the third-down work. Cowboys' backs caught 11 passes for 80 yards last season against Seattle. Even in a tough matchup, McFadden is a solid RB2.

Source: ESPN

Oct 31 - 10:03 AM

When was McFadden signed? Why would he be so much more adept with the Cowboys passing game than Michael? How long does it take to pick up blitz packages? Is Michael really that stupid (or not able to determine who to block)? Sorry...Not Michael thread. /deletepost

McFadden is a proven highly drafted RB, Michael is a marginal late round guy who has done nothing.I see DMC having close to a career year should he stay healthy. They need to keep him under 20 carries a game or he will break IMO

Dear Darren McFadden,

I've been a fan of yours since Arkansas and have had you on multiple teams throughout the years. I admit that I've been a little closeted of late, but I'm not not a hater. Please come through for me today. I've bet on you so many times and lost.

You OWE me one!!!

It's too quiet in here.

I'll take 11+ points in standard against Seattle's D anyday and that's without any touchdowns. RB1 while healthy.

McFadden keeps playing like this he may be the starting RB in Dallas next year no questions asked. He has been good between the tackles, getting to the edge, chipping in with catches. He also had an awesome blitz pick up on Romo's long TD pass today. I have to admit he looks like a hell of a RB right now.

McFadden keeps playing like this he may be the starting RB in Dallas next year no questions asked. He has been good between the tackles, getting to the edge, chipping in with catches. He also had an awesome blitz pick up on Romo's long TD pass today. I have to admit he looks like a hell of a RB right now.
A hell of a RB.....averaging 3.8ypc behind one of the best lines in football.

LOL you only looking at a box score?

Since he took over as the starter he has been great in 3 of the 5 games. In those 5 games 3 times he went over 100 yards: 117, 152 and 129 yards rushing to be exact. And sure he is playing with the best offensive line in football but lets not exclude that he had Cassel and Weeden under center. If you were watching the last 5 weeks you maybe would have a different take.

LOL you only looking at a box score?

Since he took over as the starter he has been great in 3 of the 5 games. In those 5 games 3 times he went over 100 yards: 117, 152 and 129 yards rushing to be exact. And sure he is playing with the best offensive line in football but lets not exclude that he had Cassel and Weeden under center. If you were watching the last 5 weeks you maybe would have a different take.
With Bryant and Romo back, he's a top back. He runs hard, he passes the eye test.

Great blitz pick up and he had another awesome one that lead to a TD pass as well.

People will want to discount McFadden and rightfully so for past issues. However, sometimes things fall into place and McFadden at 28 years of age an on a cheap salary can be a very nice 1 or 2 year player in fantasy and someone you got for dirt cheap.
Very much agree and have been trying to tell people that who just assume he's at best a rest of the year rental like Deangelo.

He'll won't turn 29 until just before next season and he's signed already.His injury history, which will always be a concern, is actually providing a possible late career boost due to injuries leading to lack of use.

A lot will depend on how he finishes ROS and no matter who well he does I have zero doubt Dallas will bring in more talent at RB this off-season. I'm sure not saying who thinking it's more likely than not he's the starter next season but I am saying he's got more of a chance than people are giving him credit.

This has really been incredible.

Touches since week 7: 31, 26, 28, 20, 32.

Have to hand it to Jones, McFadden has been the real thing, regardless of all the castigation on FF boards and sports talk shows across the country, this has been a fine season, and he has shown himself to be a pro in all phases of the game. On a losing team with no real effective QB at that.

Still that groin has got to be a problem, every week I ask if he can keep it going and sure enough this week he gets an injury, Turbin looks really good..... and Mac delivers again. Hats off.

He's been a terrific pick-up in a barren year for RB's but that game tomorrow flat out scares me. Gotta hope volume of touches trumps bad matchup.

Rotoworld:

Darren McFadden rushed nine times for 111 yards in the Cowboys' Week 14 loss to the Packers.

You are reading that correctly. A player who averaged 12.3 yards per carry somehow only received nine totes in a close game where his team was starting Matt Cassel. So is life in Dallas, where Scott Linehan's play-calling has grown confused without superstar QB Tony Romo. Despite the effective afternoon, DMC will be little more than a mid-range RB2 against the Jets' elite run defense in Week 15.

Dec 13 - 7:54 PM

McFadden has been one of the lone bright spots on Dallas this year.

I get Dallas has to bring in some other guys next year to help out, but is it possible McFadden is the starter heading into next year?

Since week 7 when he took over as the starter he has 171 carries, 769 yards and 2 tds' for 4.49 ypc. He has also added 23 reception in that time and 174 receiving yards.

So as the starter in a 9 game stretch he is averaging 19 carries per game 85.4 ypc, 2.5 receptions per game 19 yard receiving per game.

Over a full season of those starter averages that would be 304 carries, 1366 rushing yards, 40 receptions for 394 yards.

He is quietly having a very good back half of this year.

Next Gen Stats: Norman didn't shut down Beckham

Excerpt:

The rebirth of Darren McFadden -- written off as washed-up prior to his age-28 season -- has been a bright spot in an otherwise dark Cowboys season. McFadden covered an efficient 3.27 yards per rushing yard gained versus the Jets, reaching a max speed of 21.27 mph on a 33-yard run. He now owns two of the five highest speeds at the position over the past two weeks. Even though McFadden didn't join the starting lineup until Halloween, Adrian Peterson is the only player in the league with more 100-yard rushing performances this season.

Users who are viewing this thread