What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Sam Bradford - QB (7 Viewers)

wow, that chipwagon article says a lot. I'm still optimistic that this is lack-of-real-preseason rust, but Bradford really not looking like the quick decision maker and super accurate passer he's been billed as.

It's a tough matchup this week for Bradford, I risked him as my #2qb in my start 2Qb league, which has a high point scoring for Qbs, but he is killing me right now.

I could pickup kap, fitz, tyler, carr for rest of season, but i do think it will get better for bradford but i really want to cut him because i am so mad at myself for drinking the chip kool aid...
Ehhh... I'd guess that most of us in this hobby have a piece of Chip's offense in a league or two -- he was wildly successful his first two years. I think he will be this year, eventually -- I'm just not sold that it will be with Bradford. If you have roomk and he's available, I'd be quietly looking to add Sanchez sooner rather than later.

dodds for my scoring system has him ranked 26th rest of season...

imploring me to see if i should snag kap or taylor over him....

Dealing with Brees' issues and was very pleased to be able to get Taylor, especially with multiple QBs hurt or struggling now (Brees, Romo and the next best thing Sammy et al).

He will have ups and downs for sure, but if he averages 50 or so rushing yards a week, that goes a long way to making him at least startworthy in most formats, with as much upside as any middling or worse QB.

Is Daulton available? He was, surprisingly in one of my leagues, but in leagues where teams can carry just one QB, he may be there if waivers have not run for you yet this week.

Koya said:
mphtrilogy said:

Dealing with Brees' issues and was very pleased to be able to get Taylor, especially with multiple QBs hurt or struggling now (Brees, Romo and the next best thing Sammy et al).

He will have ups and downs for sure, but if he averages 50 or so rushing yards a week, that goes a long way to making him at least startworthy in most formats, with as much upside as any middling or worse QB.

Is Daulton available? He was, surprisingly in one of my leagues, but in leagues where teams can carry just one QB, he may be there if waivers have not run for you yet this week.
Nope 2 qb league with short bench

Kap, fitz, Carr, Taylor

Or Bradford

Koya said:
mphtrilogy said:

Nope 2 qb league with short bench

Kap, fitz, Carr, Taylor

Or Bradford
went with Taylor in my 2Qb as well, dropped Flacco

Ok i know the numbers were pedestrian but did anyone watch the game? I didn't expect much vs the Jets but how did he look? I only ask because they face Washington next week.

He was better. Still not making it through his progressions as much as you would like but he seems less rusty than the last two. So its like the preseason for him except they count. Getting into form.

There were about 4 sure TDs. 2 throws he missed (one to Agholar). 2 were drops by Mathews and Sproles on wheel routes. The two drops were about 100+ total yards and two TDs. So he could have had a big day but dems da breaks.

He was better. Still not making it through his progressions as much as you would like but he seems less rusty than the last two. So its like the preseason for him except they count. Getting into form.

There were about 4 sure TDs. 2 throws he missed (one to Agholar). 2 were drops by Mathews and Sproles on wheel routes. The two drops were about 100+ total yards and two TDs. So he could have had a big day but dems da breaks.
The numbers usually even out if he's really playing great ball. Three games under 80 passer rating so far.

The ball placement on some of the 'drops' bother me. Guys are in the air, on the ground or turned the wrong way. Yea, they should haul them in, but I generally blame the passer when they aren't hit in stride. That's just me though.

The numbers usually even out if he's really playing great ball. Three games under 80 passer rating so far.

The ball placement on some of the 'drops' bother me. Guys are in the air, on the ground or turned the wrong way. Yea, they should haul them in, but I generally blame the passer when they aren't hit in stride. That's just me though.
That was true for the Mathews drop. The Sproles drop was a perfect throw, however.

Let's see what he can do against the Redskins' mediocre at best secondary.

That was true for the Mathews drop. The Sproles drop was a perfect throw, however.

http://chipwagon.typepad.com/eagles/2015/09/a-momentary-sigh-of-relief-but-qb-struggles-continue.html

It shows they have the #2 pass D in the NFL, but maybe that hasn't taken into account week 3 yet.

http://chipwagon.typepad.com/eagles/2015/09/a-momentary-sigh-of-relief-but-qb-struggles-continue.html
Great link. Enjoyed that, thanks. :thumbup:

The numbers usually even out if he's really playing great ball. Three games under 80 passer rating so far.The ball placement on some of the 'drops' bother me. Guys are in the air, on the ground or turned the wrong way. Yea, they should haul them in, but I generally blame the passer when they aren't hit in stride. That's just me though.

Great link. Enjoyed that, thanks. :thumbup:
Thanks. Has to be one of my fav blogs since last season.

shadyridr said:
I'm starting him the next two weeks add tannehills replacement. Two bad defenses in Washington and new Orleans but im not confident. Pray for me
Redskins defense has looked good bro

I watched much of the second half.

The D was always there pressuring him.

I have had my doubts about him under strong pressure and about him taking hits. He totally handled it.

That long TD pass was on the money.

The play before the previous TD, he threw to a totally double covered Matthews. It snuck right past the DBs hands (running, didn't turn to look), right near matthews' gut and the defender behind him couldn't reach but almost did. I did a holy cr how did he and rewound rewatched rewound rewatched thing. Amazing placement.

The Eagles line was terrible. There were no holes for the backs (Washington is 2nd rated run D, maybe top after this week) and as I mentioned above they didn't pass block well.

I don't think you can even jump to a problem with Chip's offense. It wouldn't matter what they plays were or anything if the blocks are going to be that bad. It might be. I doubt it, but I hear what people are saying. I'll tell ya though even if they had the most creative innovative OC in NFL history it wouldn't matter if he had that Oline.

I think Sam made some huge progress to his game during this tough one. I'd be concerned about injury the way they're blocking

I have had my doubts about him under strong pressure and about him taking hits. He totally handled it.

The play before the previous TD, he threw to a totally double covered Matthews. It snuck right past the DBs hands (running, didn't turn to look), right near matthews' gut and the defender behind him couldn't reach but almost did. I did a holy cr how did he and rewound rewatched rewound rewatched thing. Amazing placement.

The Eagles line was terrible. There were no holes for the backs (Washington is 2nd rated run D, maybe top after this week) and as I mentioned above they didn't pass block well.

I don't think you can even jump to a problem with Chip's offense. It wouldn't matter what they plays were or anything if the blocks are going to be that bad. It might be. I doubt it, but I hear what people are saying. I'll tell ya though even if they had the most creative innovative OC in NFL history it wouldn't matter if he had that Oline.

I think Sam made some huge progress to his game during this tough one. I'd be concerned about injury the way they're blocking
It was easily the best he's looked all season. But you're right, I can't see much more improvement unless the line improves. On that last drive. Washington was only rushing four and sending eight back into coverage, and they still got Bradford before he could find an open receiver. That compounds the problem. Teams know they can get through this horrible line without having to send linebackers. So that leaves them 8 guy to cover 4 or 5 options. Which makes it even harder for Bradford to find an open guy before getting sacked.

Bri said:

Great post (as usual) , Bri.

I am a huge fan of Chip, but when you go 1-3, you are going to get criticized, and rightly so.

However, it makes no sense to bash him for the following specified reasons.

People are upset that he cleaned house - which of those (mostly) highly paid players are doing well in 2015?

His "simple offense" - same offense that won him twenty games in the first two years.

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
He has to get better. Hopefully he is still not 100% from his injury (not wishing him ill health, just attempting to rationalize his erratic accuracy).

I still need to see him look good for 4 quarters against a good defense to be covinced enough to start him over Palmer. The Saints defense stinks.

Bradford is horrible. Zero instincts. Really. First pass of the game designed screen to Mathews in the flat. LInebacker standing in the middle, right between Sam's goofy eyes. Normal quarterback thinks "hmm, not a good idea, let me go through progressions". Sam throws it. Lucky it wasn't picked. He does it all the time. Fixated on targets, zero ability to improvise. They'd be better off with Foles or Sanchez. I know what I said.

Bradford is horrible. Zero instincts. Really. First pass of the game designed screen to Mathews in the flat. LInebacker standing in the middle, right between Sam's goofy eyes. Normal quarterback thinks "hmm, not a good idea, let me go through progressions". Sam throws it. Lucky it wasn't picked. He does it all the time. Fixated on targets, zero ability to improvise. They'd be better off with Foles or Sanchez. I know what I said.
At times he looked oddly comfortable as the line stunk. He also looked stressed and pressured but, not every time. I wonder if the Rams got him used to it.

Announcers pointed out the WRs being wrong several times and another was all him.

Sounds like a new QB on a new team to me.

Just outside the top ten in yards. 9 to 9 isn't good.

Second half of games have been nice though

The O is piling up points lately. No team makes a change when that is happening. Fix that line first

At times he looked oddly comfortable as the line stunk. He also looked stressed and pressured but, not every time. I wonder if the Rams got him used to it.

Announcers pointed out the WRs being wrong several times and another was all him.

The O is piling up points lately. No team makes a change when that is happening. Fix that line first
I agree that it looks like he just doesn't have it. Good but nowhere near great pocket awareness, struggles reading the defense and not a lot of touch on the ball when he does. Seems like the guy has been hurt his entire career and was surprised to see he has 55 starts in the league. Should be further along IMO.

I agree that it looks like he just doesn't have it. Good but nowhere near great pocket awareness, struggles reading the defense and not a lot of touch on the ball when he does. Seems like the guy has been hurt his entire career and was surprised to see he has 55 starts in the league. Should be further along IMO.
When's the last time the Eagles fans liked a QB?

At times he looked oddly comfortable as the line stunk. He also looked stressed and pressured but, not every time. I wonder if the Rams got him used to it.Announcers pointed out the WRs being wrong several times and another was all him.

I like Foles but most fans hated him for winning games.

Worst fan base in the league. And I'm one of them.

Miserable when they lose. Miserable when they win.

Last edited by a moderator:
will be interesting to see what happens in the offseason. (of course things could change in either direction b/t now an then) didn't bradford turn down an extension?

At times he looked oddly comfortable as the line stunk. He also looked stressed and pressured but, not every time. I wonder if the Rams got him used to it.Announcers pointed out the WRs being wrong several times and another was all him.

Really? I didn't get that vibe. I thought the majority of fans felt that Foles could eventually become the franchise QB if he could stay healthy. I feel like it was after he left town that fans started ripping him (because they thought they had a flashier car in Bradford). I just don't recall a lot of criticism towards Foles from Eagles fans on this board or even the sports talk callers when Foles was still with the team.

Really? I didn't get that vibe. I thought the majority of fans felt that Foles could eventually become the franchise QB if he could stay healthy. I feel like it was after he left town that fans started ripping him (because they thought they had a flashier car in Bradford). I just don't recall a lot of criticism towards Foles from Eagles fans on this board or even the sports talk callers when Foles was still with the team.
I don't think anyone hated Foles. I think the town loved him after his 2013 season. But it was immediately evident at the start of 2014 that the previous year was smoke and mirrors. I think people felt more let down than they did disdain for him. There wasn't much of a dropoff when he went down and Sanchez came in. That's when I realized that he was just an average QB. But I never disliked him,. Still don't.

I don't think anyone hated Foles. I think the town loved him after his 2013 season. But it was immediately evident at the start of 2014 that the previous year was smoke and mirrors. I think people felt more let down than they did disdain for him. There wasn't much of a dropoff when he went down and Sanchez came in. That's when I realized that he was just an average QB. But I never disliked him,. Still don't.
After 2013 the vibe I perceived most about Foles from fans was a very guarded optimism, but a reluctance to fully commit. Part of that was because he didn't what was at the time the media archetype of a "Chip Kelly QB"

The hesitance to commit was vindicated the next season as Foles regressed. I didn't like the value of the trade for Bradford but I also wasn't upset that Foles was moved, though I hope he does well for the Rams

Users who are viewing this thread