What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Sam Bradford - QB (5 Viewers)

JuniorNB said:
Insein said:
JuniorNB said:
5Rings said:
Eagles and 49ers can swap QB's next year.
Oh hell no. Keep Soft Sam in Philly.
philly feels the same. Kaep is the worst QB in the league.
I'd take Kaep over Bradford. You know... For the upside that Kellys always looking for.And I can't stand Kaep.
you'd take Ryan Leaf over Bradford. So your opinion doesn't mean much. You have this weird thing where everything that happens is Bradford's fault and you refuse to ever give him credit. Not sure what that's about, but your replies are all very predictable at this point.
Hey Ryan Leaf. Former #2 overall pick. That potential is there. Just has to get acclimated to Chips system.

All I know is we were 6-2 last year before Nick went down and the team has been a #### show since. I'm done buying the Bradford hype.
You bring up a good point there. It's not just the Foles /Bradford switch but I just wonder about the strategy about swapping out so many players and then trying to build a team. Maybe he needs more time. I dunno.

JuniorNB said:
Insein said:
JuniorNB said:
5Rings said:
I'd take Kaep over Bradford. You know... For the upside that Kellys always looking for.And I can't stand Kaep.
you'd take Ryan Leaf over Bradford. So your opinion doesn't mean much. You have this weird thing where everything that happens is Bradford's fault and you refuse to ever give him credit. Not sure what that's about, but your replies are all very predictable at this point.
Hey Ryan Leaf. Former #2 overall pick. That potential is there. Just has to get acclimated to Chips system.All I know is we were 6-2 last year before Nick went down and the team has been a #### show since. I'm done buying the Bradford hype.
You bring up a good point there. It's not just the Foles /Bradford switch but I just wonder about the strategy about swapping out so many players and then trying to build a team. Maybe he needs more time. I dunno.
Well we got all year. I Just don't expect many things to change with the way the first 7 games have gone. Could Bradford get better? Yea I guess but everyone bags on these receivers so we'll have the same old mantra of "he doesn't have the players around him." When will it be Bradford just plain sucks?

Why is it that a 3rd hear QB who had great success in his first year of an offense is thrown away for a guy who has proven nothing in this league? Every week Bradford looks average I keep thinking "was Foles really worse than this?" At the cost of $13mil and a 2nd rounder, no I don't believe he was.

In FootballOutsiders stats - (before yesterday's games)

Bradford was 23rd of 33 QBs (mediocre at best)

Foles was 31st of 33 QBs (speaks for itself)

"Kelly was also asked about if he'd consider benching Sam Bradford. The quarterback has thrown nine touchdown passes and ten interceptions this season, recording a 76.4 passer rating. However, according to Pro Football Focus, Bradford's receivers have a drop rate of 9.1 percent, which is the worst mark since 2007."

"No, not at all," Kelly said. "I think our quarterback is playing well."

http://www.phillymag...eb1RmGXXecqL.99

---------------------

PHI receivers drops are worst in the NFL in the last 8 years. Some of Bradford's decisions, especially in the RZ, are highly questionable. But undoubtedly this impacts his rating, yards, YPA, TDs, and ability to get into any kind of rhythm.

One threw the ball 23 times for 163 yards and no picks. The other threw the ball 46 times for 203 yards and 1 pick. Yea.

JuniorNB said:
Insein said:
JuniorNB said:
5Rings said:
Hey Ryan Leaf. Former #2 overall pick. That potential is there. Just has to get acclimated to Chips system.All I know is we were 6-2 last year before Nick went down and the team has been a #### show since. I'm done buying the Bradford hype.
Chip is realizing something that a lot of people already knew. You can't change out half of a team and have much success. Smartest guy in the room thought he could, though.

JuniorNB said:
Insein said:
JuniorNB said:
5Rings said:
Chip is realizing something that a lot of people already knew. You can't change out half of a team and have much success. Smartest guy in the room thought he could, though.
It is 1st year he had control of roster, so he still can't make moves he wants? Besides Maclin I don't see many former players doing anything and Eagles are 1 game back.

One threw the ball 23 times for 163 yards and no picks. The other threw the ball 46 times for 203 yards and 1 pick. Yea.
One vs Carolina's good Pass Defense, One vs Cleveland's bad Pass Defense. Yea. Good comparison.

One vs Carolina's good Pass Defense, One vs Cleveland's bad Pass Defense. Yea. Good comparison.
Carolina ranked 8th with 229 ypg and Cleveland ranked 16th with 247 ypg. That's only 3 Bradford dump offs to Sproles of difference.

Carolina ranked 8th with 229 ypg and Cleveland ranked 16th with 247 ypg. That's only 3 Bradford dump offs to Sproles of difference.
So the guy who says he never has compared Foles' stats to Bradfords' stats during the week Foles' numbers sucked, decides to now. The hypocrisy is that of a child.

Let's be fair here. Rogers or Brady would get shell-shocked working behind what is universally considered the worst line in football, add in in a WR corps that rivals some teams practice squad and you have a recipe for wasted talent. As a life long Rams fan I am as excited as anyone that Fisher came aboard and while he's had a TON of holes to fill it's almost criminal how he has done almost nothing to support Bradford. Scott Wells will hopefully be a nice pick up but the rest of the line is garbage and how they didn't address WR's in the FA market is beyond me. I like the defensive moves but Bradford is the future (or a least near future) and your best shot at building a contending team in the coming 2-3 years. A strong defense does you nothing if you can't score.There is no doubt this is a make or break year for Sam. If he spends the entire year running for his life trying to find WR's that can't gain separation instead of re-building that confidence he's so clearly lost he's done for. And unfortunately it won't be the first time the Rams have wrecked what could have been a franchise QB. Marc Bulger anyone?......
I still think he has upside...great rookie season can't be overlooked.He was throwing to Pop Warner players last year.
I don't get it.Bradford was very good as a rookie on a terrible team. Then had a poor year while recovering from an injury, on an even worse team, with pinheaded coaching.I think maybe give him a chance with at least a mediocre club and a decent coach before you run him out on a rail. I think people will be coming around on the Rams in a big way by the end of this year, even though they're still only a so-so team in terms of talent, and I think Bradford will be regarded as a big part of the reason why.
This is what I'm talking about. Three years ago the guy had the same excuses being made for him. When is it going to be maybe the guy just can't play in the NFL?

So the guy who says he never has compared Foles' stats to Bradfords' stats during the week Foles' numbers sucked, decides to now. The hypocrisy is that of a child.
:lmao:

Let's be fair here. Rogers or Brady would get shell-shocked working behind what is universally considered the worst line in football, add in in a WR corps that rivals some teams practice squad and you have a recipe for wasted talent. As a life long Rams fan I am as excited as anyone that Fisher came aboard and while he's had a TON of holes to fill it's almost criminal how he has done almost nothing to support Bradford. Scott Wells will hopefully be a nice pick up but the rest of the line is garbage and how they didn't address WR's in the FA market is beyond me. I like the defensive moves but Bradford is the future (or a least near future) and your best shot at building a contending team in the coming 2-3 years. A strong defense does you nothing if you can't score.There is no doubt this is a make or break year for Sam. If he spends the entire year running for his life trying to find WR's that can't gain separation instead of re-building that confidence he's so clearly lost he's done for. And unfortunately it won't be the first time the Rams have wrecked what could have been a franchise QB. Marc Bulger anyone?......
I still think he has upside...great rookie season can't be overlooked.He was throwing to Pop Warner players last year.
I don't get it.Bradford was very good as a rookie on a terrible team. Then had a poor year while recovering from an injury, on an even worse team, with pinheaded coaching.I think maybe give him a chance with at least a mediocre club and a decent coach before you run him out on a rail. I think people will be coming around on the Rams in a big way by the end of this year, even though they're still only a so-so team in terms of talent, and I think Bradford will be regarded as a big part of the reason why.
This is what I'm talking about. Three years ago the guy had the same excuses being made for him. When is it going to be maybe the guy just can't play in the NFL?
Just because it's happened before doesn't mean it's not happening now. No one is making up the issues with O-line, running game, wide receiver's leading the league in drops. This is reality, it sucks for Bradford but no one is creating a false narrative of the issues that he is facing. Is he to blame for some of the offense of woes this team is having? Sure, but I still don't believe he is the root cause.

Just because it's happened before doesn't mean it's not happening now. No one is making up the issues with O-line, running game, wide receiver's leading the league in drops. This is reality, it sucks for Bradford but no one is creating a false narrative of the issues that he is facing. Is he to blame for some of the offense of woes this team is having? Sure, but I still don't believe he is the root cause.
early on, Bradford looked bad. Very uncomfortable. But the line play was horrible. The line has played much better since about week 4. Bradford's red zone interceptions were inexcusable. He's definitely had his issues. But anyone watching the game Sunday night knows that if the receivers catch the 7 or 8 very catchable balls, bradford played well enough to beat an undefeated team in the road. Bradford hasn't been great this year, but anyone blaming him for Sunday's loss is just a clueless blind hater.

early on, Bradford looked bad. Very uncomfortable. But the line play was horrible. The line has played much better since about week 4. Bradford's red zone interceptions were inexcusable. He's definitely had his issues. But anyone watching the game Sunday night knows that if the receivers catch the 7 or 8 very catchable balls, bradford played well enough to beat an undefeated team in the road. Bradford hasn't been great this year, but anyone blaming him for Sunday's loss is just a clueless blind hater.
No. He didn't. They scored 16 points. That's not good enough with the number of plays we had. And stop with this dropped pass false narrative. Yes they had drops. So does everyone else. And no the Eagles don't lead the league in dropped passes. Yes they are up there but so are teams like Atlanta, Carolina and New England. They seem to be able to over come them so far.

No. He didn't. They scored 16 points. That's not good enough with the number of plays we had. And stop with this dropped pass false narrative. Yes they had drops. So does everyone else. And no the Eagles don't lead the league in dropped passes. Yes they are up there but so are teams like Atlanta, Carolina and New England. They seem to be able to over come them so far.
lol. Still in denial. THE MOST DROPS BY AN NFL TEAM SINCE 2007.

Says who? Because they have trouble adding.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2015/

Whether it's drop rate or total number, Eagles are 3rd.

Says who? Because they have trouble adding.http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2015/

You're here every waking hour. You saw the link. Highest drop percentage since 2007

Says who? Because they have trouble adding.http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2015/

You're here every waking hour. You saw the link. Highest drop percentage since 2007
Says some twitter warrior? No really I didn't see the link. Cause my link has what the NFL officially calls drops.

Says some twitter warrior? No really I didn't see the link. Cause my link has what the NFL officially calls drops.
oh well. Not my problem. Good luck with your misery. You must be a joy to be around. Lol

Here's the link, from an article on Birds 24/7. They cite Pro Football Focus: http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/10/26/kelly-we-limited-mathews-due-to-injury/#rwVzeb1RmGXXecqL.99

Not that it matters in this eternal quarrel you all seem to be engaged in, but PFF and Eagles best reporter Tim McManus state 'highest drop rate by (wide) receivers'... not as a team. So the team rate is 3rd. The WR rate is historically bad.

FWIW, IMO posting good info from Twitter is more useful than the bickering. :shrug:

Here's the link, from an article on Birds 24/7. They cite Pro Football Focus: http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/10/26/kelly-we-limited-mathews-due-to-injury/#rwVzeb1RmGXXecqL.99Not that it matters in this eternal quarrel you all seem to be engaged in, but PFF and Eagles best reporter Tim McManus state 'highest drop rate by (wide) receivers'... not as a team. So the team rate is 3rd. The WR rate is historically bad.

FWIW, IMO posting good info from Twitter is more useful than the bickering. :shrug:
Whether they have the most drops or the third most drops, all you have to do is watch the games to see how it's stalling drives, costing us touchdowns, or bouncing right into defenders' hands. It's infuriating to watch as a fan. We literally don't have a single reliable receiver.

Strange that Foles has had more drops, by %, than Bradford.

The total drops are more important than those of just WRs.

Here's the link, from an article on Birds 24/7. They cite Pro Football Focus: http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/10/26/kelly-we-limited-mathews-due-to-injury/#rwVzeb1RmGXXecqL.99Not that it matters in this eternal quarrel you all seem to be engaged in, but PFF and Eagles best reporter Tim McManus state 'highest drop rate by (wide) receivers'... not as a team. So the team rate is 3rd. The WR rate is historically bad.

Whether they have the most drops or the third most drops, all you have to do is watch the games to see how it's stalling drives, costing us touchdowns, or bouncing right into defenders' hands. It's infuriating to watch as a fan. We literally don't have a single reliable receiver.
And who's to blame for that?

I'll agree, the pass catchers have been poor. As a team, they are third worst. Taking just the WRs, they are dead last and worst in several years.

The WR corps in PHI stinks on ice. Jettisoned DJax, Maclin. Matthews, Huff, Agholor don't look to be worth the investment. Austin and Cooper shouldn't be on the field. These decisions over the last two years (two diff GM's) have collectively harmed this team as it comes to WR corps.

The whole point isn't to argue ratings as IMO drops are crazy subjective, and lots are on the QB. It's one more piece of information to analyze, though, and a telling one.

Bottom line: Sam's been inconsistent, made bad decisions, missed throws, and had far less help than the average team. I hope PHI goes a different direction as an Eagles fan, but that's not going to happen until 2016.

Strange that Foles has had more drops, by %, than Bradford.

The total drops are more important than those of just WRs.
Yep. STL and PHI. Two of the worst WR corps. Bradford wasn't placed with great supporting casts, IMO, but what #1 pick is? He has to elevate the guys around him at some point, and he's had some time in the league to start (or have been doing) just that. STL has been lacking WR talent since Holt/Bruce and PHI decimated theirs over the last two years, and that does make it harder.

Strange that Foles has had more drops, by %, than Bradford.The total drops are more important than those of just WRs.
Yep. STL and PHI. Two of the worst WR corps. Bradford wasn't placed with great supporting casts, IMO, but what #1 pick is? He has to elevate the guys around him at some point, and he's had some time in the league to start (or have been doing) just that. STL has been lacking WR talent since Holt/Bruce and PHI decimated theirs over the last two years, and that does make it harder.
I've never been a Bradford believer but he needs help. Not just from the WR, from the coaches. They simply have to start using more 2 TE sets, featuring the TEs and RBs more. Chip doesn't seem capable of altering his approach, though.

Ummmm is this a quiz? I'd say that they each have to get their #### together. Matthews drops two a game. Two of his drops this season went straight to a defender. Not sure what you're shooting for, but I'll guess their drops are either Chips fault or Bradford's. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Ummmm is this a quiz? I'd say that they each have to get their #### together. Matthews drops two a game. Two of his drops this season went straight to a defender. Not sure what you're shooting for, but I'll guess their drops are either Chips fault or Bradford's. Lol
We don't have a single reliable receiver. Ok. Who's the GM that assembled this crew? And before you went on your pissing match with me, I was merely saying that the excuses for Bradford have to stop. Yes these receivers are bad. Any crew that has Miles Austin, Riley Cooper and Josh Huff getting significant targets is in dire straights. But good QBs elevate the play of their guys. Average to bad QBs do nothing for them like we're seeing. Bradford is on par with Brian Hoyer and Ryan Fitzpatrick right now. Is that what we're shooting for?

We don't have a single reliable receiver. Ok. Who's the GM that assembled this crew? And before you went on your pissing match with me, I was merely saying that the excuses for Bradford have to stop. Yes these receivers are bad. Any crew that has Miles Austin, Riley Cooper and Josh Huff getting significant targets is in dire straights. But good QBs elevate the play of their guys. Average to bad QBs do nothing for them like we're seeing. Bradford is on par with Brian Hoyer and Ryan Fitzpatrick right now. Is that what we're shooting for?
JORDAN Matthews Is A huge disappointment. He was coming on nicely last season. Chip was counting on him to step on as number one. It's not his fault he suddenly has something mental going on. I didn't see that coming and neither did you. The lack of a number one receiver is killing us. Bradford is not Brady or Rodgers. Those guys aren't available. And he's not Roethlisberger or Luck either. Not sure why you were expecting him to be. He's improving. His obkh pick against Carolina was off of Matthews hands. There were 7 or 8 drops that game. It was still a one possession game on the road against an undefeated team. There's a Bye coming up. Lets see Chip earn his money and make some adjustments. I'm hoping they can. They are very much in the thick of things. They've lost very close games to an undefeated team and a one loss team. Only one team (Dallas) looked like they were significantly better than us. Missed field goals, bad drops, stupid penalties....all as significant and as much to blame as Bradford's play. Plenty of blame to go around. But despite all of thst, we're in every game and just a game out if first.

Says who? Because they have trouble adding.http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2015/Whether it's drop rate or total number, Eagles are 3rd.

PFF was banned from Eagles discussions a few weeks ago

Says who? Because they have trouble adding.http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2015/Whether it's drop rate or total number, Eagles are 3rd.

Duce Staley

JORDAN Matthews Is A huge disappointment. He was coming on nicely last season. Chip was counting on him to step on as number one. It's not his fault he suddenly has something mental going on. I didn't see that coming and neither did you. The lack of a number one receiver is killing us. Bradford is not Brady or Rodgers. Those guys aren't available. And he's not Roethlisberger or Luck either. Not sure why you were expecting him to be. He's improving. His obkh pick against Carolina was off of Matthews hands. There were 7 or 8 drops that game. It was still a one possession game on the road against an undefeated team. There's a Bye coming up. Lets see Chip earn his money and make some adjustments. I'm hoping they can. They are very much in the thick of things. They've lost very close games to an undefeated team and a one loss team. Only one team (Dallas) looked like they were significantly better than us. Missed field goals, bad drops, stupid penalties....all as significant and as much to blame as Bradford's play. Plenty of blame to go around. But despite all of thst, we're in every game and just a game out if first.
And I think that's why it pisses me off so much. Every game we start slow. 10 first quarter points all year and averaging only 8.5 points per game in the first half. All the penalties, the turnovers, the drops. We're playing terrible and we're 3-4 because of the defense with moments of offense. Imagine how good we'd be if we had some continuity at QB and Wr?And as for JMatt, we all saw the signs. We all just ignored them. We all asked, how can a guy be a #1 but not play on the outside or run deep routes? We just believed in Chip and figured he knew what he was doing. So maybe JMatt is not a #1 and maybe we should have paid the guy that was to stay.

We don't have a single reliable receiver. Ok. Who's the GM that assembled this crew?And before you went on your pissing match with me, I was merely saying that the excuses for Bradford have to stop. Yes these receivers are bad. Any crew that has Miles Austin, Riley Cooper and Josh Huff getting significant targets is in dire straights. But good QBs elevate the play of their guys. Average to bad QBs do nothing for them like we're seeing. Bradford is on par with Brian Hoyer and Ryan Fitzpatrick right now. Is that what we're shooting for?
Who's the GM that assembled the Defense you are calling the best defense we have had in 10 years, and a super bowl caliber defense? Guess that doesn't count when it doesn't fit your agenda.

We don't have a single reliable receiver. Ok. Who's the GM that assembled this crew?And before you went on your pissing match with me, I was merely saying that the excuses for Bradford have to stop. Yes these receivers are bad. Any crew that has Miles Austin, Riley Cooper and Josh Huff getting significant targets is in dire straights. But good QBs elevate the play of their guys. Average to bad QBs do nothing for them like we're seeing. Bradford is on par with Brian Hoyer and Ryan Fitzpatrick right now. Is that what we're shooting for?
Who's the GM that assembled the Defense you are calling the best defense we have had in 10 years, and a super bowl caliber defense? Guess that doesn't count when it doesn't fit your agenda.
Cox, Kendricks, Curry, Graham, Demeco, Ced Thorton were all here pre 2013. Bennie Logan, Jenkins, Barwin and Carroll were 2013-14 signings or picks when Howie was GM but you could say Chip influenced it. Chip can claim Kiko, Maxwell, Hicks and Thurmond.

So the pencil pusher that everyone hates had just as much if not more influence on this defensive creation as Chip.

Dropping him for Fitzmagic and playing the match ups with Cutler as my other choice. Being a Philly homer, Bradford is getting such bad press here and Kelly being such a stubborn guy I can see Kelly going down with this ship with Bradford no matter how it turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread