What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 5 (1 Viewer)

hard not to put up the money for Ryan at $8800 this week at QB, also like Rivers at 7600

QB

Ryan 8800

Rivers 7600

Luck 7400

Weeden 5900

RB

Rice 9300

McCoy 8100

Richardson 8100

Lynch 7800

Hunter 5000

WR

White 7800

Harvin 6400

Marshall 6400

Wayne 6200

Thomas 6200

Hartline 5700

Floyd 5500

Garcon 5500

Simpson 4700

Tate 4500

TE

Graham 7100

Davis 6600

Rudolph 5500

Davis 5400

Pitta 5000

Lewis 4800

Fleener 4700

K

Walsh 5000

Henery 5000

Hartley 5000

DEF

Bears 5500

NYG 5200

Texans 5200

GB 5000

Looking at values here...

QB

Flacco still cheap @ $7400

Schaub @ $7100

Ponder @ $6400 - Titans

RB

Gore @ $7100 - due to his matchup

McGahee @ $6200

Mendenhall @ $5400

Battle @ $5400 - Saints

Bolden @ $5200? - not sure what to make of Ridley/Bolden

WR

Harvin @ $6400 - off game, but didn't expect to see him get even cheaper. Titans.

Simpson @ $4700 - not that he set the world on fire, but I figured his price would rise more than $200. Titans.

Hixon @ $4700 - pending Nicks situation, Browns are a juicy matchup

Garcon @ $5500 - closer to 100% this week?

James Jones @ $5400 - Colts

Floyd @ $5500 - Saints

TE

Pitta at $5000 - despite the odd goose-egg last week, still really cheap

Rudolph @ $5500 - against the Titans who can't cover a TE at all

K

Blair Walsh @ $5000

Graham @ $5000

DEF

GB @ $5000 - @ Colts

Hou @ $5200 - @ Jets

Giants @ $5200 - vs Browns

The Vikings passing game is a common theme...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at values here...QBFlacco still cheap @ $7400Schaub @ $7100Ponder @ $6400 - TitansRBGore @ $7100 - due to his matchupMcGahee @ $6200Mendenhall @ $5400 Battle @ $5400 - SaintsBolden @ $5200? - not sure what to make of Ridley/BoldenWRHarvin @ $6400 - off game, but didn't expect to see him get even cheaper. Titans.Simpson @ $4700 - not that he set the world on fire, but I figured his price would rise more than $200. Titans.Hixon @ $4700 - pending Nicks situation, Browns are a juicy matchupGarcon @ $5500 - closer to 100% this week? James Jones @ $5400 - ColtsFloyd @ $5500 - SaintsTEPitta at $5000 - despite the odd goose-egg last week, still really cheapRudolph @ $5500 - against the Titans who can't cover a TE at allKBlair Walsh @ $5000Graham @ $5000DEFGB @ $5000 - @ ColtsHou @ $5200 - @ JetsGiants @ $5200 - vs BrownsThe Vikings passing game is a common theme...
Vikings matchup is good, but it was good last week too, and a lot of people bit on Harvin last week. You can't really count on the matchup. I'm not saying avoid them completely, but loading up could be dangerous.

Torrey Smith $6400 @ KC

I also like Dalton $8000 vs MIA. The Dolphins dont give up much on the ground, but the last 3 QBs to face them have thrown 45+ times, and each has thrown for over 300yds (Palmer, Sanchez, Kolb). Sanchez and Palmer only three 1 TD each, but Kolb tossed 3. Neither Palmer nor Sanchez has a WR like Green or Fitz.

I see a possible 300 and 2-3 tds for Dalton this week.

Gotta figure out which defense to play this week. Lotta juicy matchups. Houston $5200 at Jets has to be the front-runner as far a value, could easily see the Jets shut out at home 2 weeks in a row. But the Bears, Ravens, and 49ers could all be well worth the extra couple of hundred bucks this week. Gotta figure out which D has the best chance at a TD or two. Could be the Ravens with how bad Cassel has been playing thus far.

All I know is that if I want to win I need to pick the defense that puts up 20+ points. At least that seems to be the determining factor in the $25 and $50 contests I've been in.

WR

White 7800

Harvin 6400

Marshall 6400

Wayne 6200

Thomas 6200

Hartline 5700

Floyd 5500

Garcon 5500

Simpson 4700

Tate 4500
haha, yeah I bet a lot of people are going to be chasing this guy this week, last week was the week to have him in your lineup. I always find that people are chasing guys who do well the week before only to have them put up minimal points on your lineup.

'hankd said:
WRHarvin @ $6400 - off game, but didn't expect to see him get even cheaper. Titans.Simpson @ $4700 - not that he set the world on fire, but I figured his price would rise more than $200. Titans.Hixon @ $4700 - pending Nicks situation, Browns are a juicy matchupGarcon @ $5500 - closer to 100% this week? James Jones @ $5400 - ColtsFloyd @ $5500 - Saints
There are an above average number of values at WR this week. This is definitely going to be a fun one.Just don't start the Qs in Thursday night games. Nicks set $500 on fire for me last week ><

Any of you guys go up against the HTH pros? One guy(condia) has earned $210K in 3 years

almost all of it on NFL games.

There are an above average number of values at WR this week. This is definitely going to be a fun one.Just don't start the Qs in Thursday night games. Nicks set $500 on fire for me last week ><
Yep, I'm not doing any Thursday players this week.

Any of you guys go up against the HTH pros? One guy(condia) has earned $210K in 3 years almost all of it on NFL games.
No. I've noticed that Condia puts out a lot of H2H games for people to join.$210k doesn't tell us much. How much has he lost?I deposited $35, have $195 in "winnings", and have $43 in my account. Obviously he's playing a lot of games and probably some big money games and he's probably doing pretty well, but I'd be curious to know what he actually has in his account.

Any of you guys go up against the HTH pros? One guy(condia) has earned $210K in 3 years almost all of it on NFL games.
No. I've noticed that Condia puts out a lot of H2H games for people to join.$210k doesn't tell us much. How much has he lost?I deposited $35, have $195 in "winnings", and have $43 in my account. Obviously he's playing a lot of games and probably some big money games and he's probably doing pretty well, but I'd be curious to know what he actually has in his account.
rcgpoker is in what appears to be a thousand 50/50s eery week. His profile says he's won over $675k across all sports. In week 4 his lineup only put up 112 points. I'd be curious to know how much he lost.

Based on my present numbers, most guys at the top are pulling in ~20% of their net cashes in profit. My sample size is only the four weeks this season though.

Any of you guys go up against the HTH pros? One guy(condia) has earned $210K in 3 years

almost all of it on NFL games.
No. I've noticed that Condia puts out a lot of H2H games for people to join.$210k doesn't tell us much. How much has he lost?

I deposited $35, have $195 in "winnings", and have $43 in my account. Obviously he's playing a lot of games and probably some big money games and he's probably doing pretty well, but I'd be curious to know what he actually has in his account.
rcgpoker is in what appears to be a thousand 50/50s eery week. His profile says he's won over $675k across all sports. In week 4 his lineup only put up 112 points. I'd be curious to know how much he lost.
rcgpoker fields more than one lineup. http://www.fanduel.com/entry/VMWMBE

I really like B.Lloyd at WR this week. I'll be shocked if McDaniels doesn't use this matchup to get Lloyd free and burn his former team early and often.

Lost? I don't think a "gambling" site is going to tell us that. I'm going to throw $2 against this guy just to see his lineup.

Lost? I don't think a "gambling" site is going to tell us that. I'm going to throw $2 against this guy just to see his lineup.

He finished out of the money in one of my 50/50s he was in (he finished 28th out of 50). He went HEAVY on Ravens vs CLE on Thursday nightcondia 111.54 Joe Flacco 23.64Ray Rice 13.6Arian Foster 15.9Demaryius Thomas 10.8Percy Harvin 10.9 Torrey Smith 18.7Dennis Pitta 0.0 Justin Tucker 6.0 Baltimore Ravens 12His week 3 roster in a 50/50 (finished 3rd of 50)condia 150.20Ryan 22.4M Bush 14.3Murray 13Julio 15.2Megatron 27.4Bowe 11.4Pitta 13.5Dan Bailey 10Bears 23

there is no such thing as a "pro" here. the skill come with identifying the good plays, which we have easily done here. beyond that, its luck.the leader board show money won but not money spent. condia will play $5,000 in games, break even and be atop the leaderboard. he's not bad, he's just not a "pro". his only advantage he may have is his experience

'mrip541 said:
All I know is that if I want to win I need to pick the defense that puts up 20+ points. At least that seems to be the determining factor in the $25 and $50 contests I've been in.
:goodposting: That's what it comes down to.I've played 10 $50 head to head contests. I've won half, lost half, and I'm stuck $50!!!What a shock.

My 55k expert team

QB - Dalton

RB - Benson

RB - McGahee

WR - Harvin

WR - Nelson

WR - Hixon

TE - Rudolph

K - Gould

DEF - N.O.

can't be much worse than last week.

I am playing in a few of these leagues, does any one else find it quite time consuming?

Love the concept of these type of leagues, but math with fantasy sucks, drafting is part of the fun.

Carry on.

I won $3.60 against him last week. He plays low levels & high levels. Last season midway through fanduel adopted the "condia" rule because he was everywhere

http://www.fanduel.com/entry/RWFKCZ

Condia Vs me

Robert Griffin III

WAS @ TB (final)

RB

Michael Turner

ATL v CAR (final)

RB

Arian Foster

HOU v TEN (final)

WR

Demaryius Thomas

DEN v OAK (final)

WR

Percy Harvin

MIN @ DET (final)

WR

Brandon Lloyd

NE @ BUF (final)

TE

Brandon Pettigrew

DET v MIN (final)

K

Dan Bailey

DAL v CHI (final)

D

Dallas Cowboys

DAL v CHI (final)

With Harrison and Polamalu returning, I like the Steelers D $5000 at home vs PHI.

Also...Alfred Morris $6700 at home vs ATL. Whos rolling with him this week?

Heres what Atlanta has given up on the ground:

J Charles: 87yds (and 2tds to other rushers)

McGahee: 113yds, 2tds

Battle/Matthews: 99yds combined

Newton: 86yds 1td, D Williams 49yds 1td, J Stewart 40yds

With Harrison and Polamalu returning, I like the Steelers D $5000 at home vs PHI.Also...Alfred Morris $6700 at home vs ATL. Whos rolling with him this week?Heres what Atlanta has given up on the ground:J Charles: 87yds (and 2tds to other rushers)McGahee: 113yds, 2tdsBattle/Matthews: 99yds combinedNewton: 86yds 1td, D Williams 49yds 1td, J Stewart 40yds
i think battle @ NO is better and 1300 cheaper

I am playing in a few of these leagues, does any one else find it quite time consuming?Love the concept of these type of leagues, but math with fantasy sucks, drafting is part of the fun. Carry on.
I take about an hour on my initial lineup and from my initial lineup I take my core and fill in about 10-15 other lineups with different supplementary players.Each additional lineup takes about a minute. I play in 3 mans, if that makes any difference.

I get so much more enjoyment out of the weekly leagues now. My yearly leagues are basically an after thought. i wont be playing in any season long leagues going forward.

I love drafting new teams every week... and making mad payola. :banned:

I get so much more enjoyment out of the weekly leagues now. My yearly leagues are basically an after thought. i wont be playing in any season long leagues going forward. I love drafting new teams every week... and making mad payola. :banned:
Same here. I quit my yearly league 5 or 6 years ago and have had zero interest in playing again until I discovered Fanduel a few weeks ago. Now I'm hooked all over again. I like the fact that you dont have to manage a team all season and worry about injuries, waiver wire, etc. Its laid back and stress free.

Im rolling with Alfred Morris on 25% of my teams. Not going with Battle in any, too risky. Im super high on Ryan Williams... I know most dont agree, but wait til tomorrow. I fully understand how bad hes been thus far. But I saw how he finished the game against PHI and hes going to get a chance to win/fortify his RB1 position against a soft D in the spotlight. His expectations for himself are EXTREMELY high, which is something I value a lot.

Hes the only player im using on thursday.

Is Arian Foster a must start or does B Tate get a lot of time?

Both? The Jets D is so bad Foster might get pulled 3rd quarter.

I'm living and dying with Ryan Williams in 55k expert leagues. With a juicy matchup and a rediculously low cap hit he can win you the week with a solid game. Pitta at 5k also seems a little reactionary from fanduel. I always look for reactionary prices in low cap games and have a 42% win record through 4 weeks. I only play in 3-5 player leagues so 42% is putting me well in the green.

Im loving... Jacob Tamme this weekend. Im pretty sure NE has giving up a TD every week to the opposing TE. Dressen snagged one last week, Tamme is up for a little RZ action on Sunday.

Im rolling with Alfred Morris on 25% of my teams.
Unless a RB is remarkably cheap I don't go with guys that don't either a: score more than average amount of TD's or B: catch a lot of balls. With RG3 leaching every TD inside the 10 that puts Morris down a few pegs. I just can't seem to get him in my lineup over better bets.

Im rolling with Alfred Morris on 25% of my teams.
Unless a RB is remarkably cheap I don't go with guys that don't either a: score more than average amount of TD's or B: catch a lot of balls. With RG3 leaching every TD inside the 10 that puts Morris down a few pegs. I just can't seem to get him in my lineup over better bets.
He leads the NFL in rushing TD's. :unsure:
Funny. I was just coming back in here to say that I was wrong. I didn't feel comfortable going off memory so I looked at the stats. Sorry if I could have misled anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread