What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shane Vereen (2 Viewers)

ofc im playing against this clown in 2 leagues. he does **** all year but obv had a career game vs me. such complete garbage. completely ruins one of my teams then beats 2 others. eff that.

Tried to trade him all week and no takers. I sat him and went with Murray and Miller. He will be a nice choice from here out or bring a higher price so I'll take that.

Sell high! I'm a vereen owner and happy here, but it took him until the last play of the second half to get his 3rd carry. Jonas gray was tied with him at 2 carries prior to that. They split the first 4 series at 2-2. This is a guy thats been on the practice squad all year splitting series with him.

Glad I was stuck playing him and think I'll be trying to sell high. He looks great, but the usage isn't going to be consistent.

Maybe a desperate Montee Ball owner buying into him being THE guy wiyh Ridley out.

Sell high! I'm a vereen owner and happy here, but it took him until the last play of the second half to get his 3rd carry. Jonas gray was tied with him at 2 carries prior to that. They split the first 4 series at 2-2. This is a guy thats been on the practice squad all year splitting series with him.

Glad I was stuck playing him and think I'll be trying to sell high. He looks great, but the usage isn't going to be consistent.

Maybe a desperate Montee Ball owner buying into him being THE guy wiyh Ridley out.
even i would prefer vereen to ball. balls groin is hanging off. bramel thinks its a 4-8 week injury.

They only ran the ball 5 times in the 1st half- if Vereen gets half of the team carries the rest of the way, he'd be golden.

They only ran the ball 5 times in the 1st half- if Vereen gets half of the team carries the rest of the way, he'd be golden.
Sell high for what? Only an idiot would give you anything good for one great game so far. If he has two or three good games in a row, will you really want to sell anyways?

Kicking butt on my bench!

Whatever, happy they've decided to basically make him a bellcow #1 RB...

this week.

Anyone who owns vereen and didn't start him tonight must have had better options like Demario murray, leveon bell, marshawn lynch, etc.

With no Ridley it was a no brainer that his involvement would increase significantly. Even if he shared reps with gray or bolden.

And the jets have not been a vaunted run defense for the last 2-3 weeks.

Anyone who owns vereen and didn't start him tonight must have had better options like Demario murray, leveon bell, marshawn lynch, etc.

With no Ridley it was a no brainer that his involvement would increase significantly. Even if he shared reps with gray or bolden.

Man all those bums are on my bench for vereen

So you're kind of a ####, huh.

Anyone who owns vereen and didn't start him tonight must have had better options like Demario murray, leveon bell, marshawn lynch,

etc.

Easy to say that now....

So you're kind of a ####, huh.
Huh? What's with the hate spewing and name calling?

I didn't mean to rub it in. We are all here to learn and to become better fantasy players yes?

Part of being successful in this hobby is putting the past in the past and evaluating each player given his current circumstances.

Last week vereen destroyed me with his .4 points. I lost my matchup by 10 pts. I was fuming.

Had Ridley not gone down vereen was going to my bench for antone "5 touch" smith. But Ridley did go down and to me that was enough to give vereen another go tonight. It seemed very clear to me.

Anyone who owns vereen and didn't start him tonight must have had better options like Demario murray, leveon bell, marshawn lynch,

etc.

Easy to say that now....
But I didn't just say that now. I have vereen in my lineup and I also started him in several of my daily league lineups this week. It really just seemed like a no brainer to me. Sorry if you guys are offended by that.

I'm annoyed that he's blowing up on my bench, but I still think I made the right decision based on the info we had (sat him for Lacy/Hillman).

No, what I'm really annoyed about is that even after this, I'm still not sure I can start him with confidence. Watch Gray or Bolden go 24/120/2 next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started him in 1 and benched him in another (hedging my bets). Now I have to decide to keep him or try and move him.
Unless you get a really great offer from someone in your league right now he's a hold. Mainly for the same reasons that you benched him in one league. Other owners are all thinking the same about him. He's hard to trust given his sporadic involvement. It will take a few more games of active involvement and good production to sell high. But if that happens, why sell high unless you're getting a top player for him?

etc.

Easy to say that now....
But I didn't just say that now. I have vereen in my lineup and I also started him in several of my daily league lineups this week. It really just seemed like a no brainer to me. Sorry if you guys are offended by that.
Let's just say it's bad form to post an I told ya so post when you didn't tell us so

etc.

Easy to say that now....
Let's just say it's bad form to post an I told ya so post when you didn't tell us so
I hear ya man. Sorry he's on your bench. Sucks.

Hold until the bye weeks are over if you can't trade, then do what you must. He is at least in a position to HAVE these sorts of games every week now, so while he may turn around next week and put up nothing, he has at least high RB3 value against any team in the league.

Well, he gets CHI, DEN and IND over the next three weeks so it looks like NE will have to continue to air it out. It's funny but the actual ground game match-up means very little for Vereen.

Users who are viewing this thread