What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** TJ Yeldon (2015 Draft Eligible) Bandwagon *** (2 Viewers)

ivory is likely to get GL carries i imagine as well
My thought as well...may drop Drake for him as I don’t have a ton of confidence in Miami run game...but that upside is tempting to hold in tofor a temporary play...

well...Ivory picked up (not by Fournette owner...I could still grab Yeldon...but passing)

Last edited by a moderator:
ivory has had one game in double digits this year, and hes had plenty of time as a starter... Brate has had double digits weekly. not going to bite here. good luck everyone 

so Jacksonville is going to rush the ball 31-36 times??? have they done that once this entire season?
40 carries

I overshot Yeldon's carries by 3. Sorry.

I have a 7-1 team likely to go to 8-1. I started Ivory two weeks ago and Yeldon today. I was just screwin' around with my final flex slot. Yeldon was a key contributor for several weeks in a title run in 2015, so I wanted him in my lineup at least once this season for, like, sentimental reasons and stuff.  

First Coast News considers T.J. Yeldon the "clear cut" No. 2 back behind Leonard Fournette.

Yeldon shared backup duties with Chris Ivory last year. His pass blocking is enough to keep him ahead of Corey Grant, but there's not much standalone value. Yeldon should see a handful of weekly touches as a third down complement to Fournette.

Source: First Coast News

Jul 11 - 4:22 PM

Anyone buying Yeldon for 2019 free agency?  
I did. especially after seeing what McKinnon got. Yeldon > McKinnon IMO. One spot I may like for Yeldon is Green Bay, if the Montgomery/Jones/Williams experiment fails. Yeldon is good catching the ball. I could see them bringing him in potentially, among a few other places: Houston, Indy, Baltimore, Oakland

I still think he holds intriguing value for 2018. seems to still get a decent number of receptions even with Fournette healthy, and we could see Fournette missing a few games maybe. 

I like his 2019 outlook for sure. very promising. he's come a long way on many levels 

I did. especially after seeing what McKinnon got. Yeldon > McKinnon IMO. One spot I may like for Yeldon is Green Bay, if the Montgomery/Jones/Williams experiment fails. Yeldon is good catching the ball. I could see them bringing him in potentially, among a few other places: Houston, Indy, Baltimore, Oakland

I still think he holds intriguing value for 2018. seems to still get a decent number of receptions even with Fournette healthy, and we could see Fournette missing a few games maybe. 

I like his 2019 outlook for sure. very promising. he's come a long way on many levels 
I'm loving the Houston call in terms of future outlook.  I'm in the process of buying most places, got him on 2 teams already.  I always liked the talent, but the bad Jag's were still there when he was drafted, and the new Jag's are Fournettes team, Yeldon never really got a shot to be "the guy" since that team was a total dumpster when he got there.  

T.J. Yeldon - RB -  Jaguars

T.J. Yeldon had 10 carries for 39 yards and caught 5-of-6 targets for 73 yards in Jacksonville's second preseason game.

Yeldon played on pass downs with the first-team offense and stayed in the game deep in the first half. After Corey Grant's strong preseason opener, Yeldon showed enough to secure his role as the No. 2 back. Yeldon doesn't have much standalone value behind Leonard Fournette.

Aug 18 - 3:43 PM

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports T.J. Yeldon will remain "the guy" in the Jaguars' backfield while Leonard Fournette (hamstring) is out.

The Jaguars did some shuffling in their backfield since the Week 5 loss to the Chiefs, losing Corey Grant (foot) to I.R., waiving Brandon Wilds, signing David Williams off the Broncos' practice squad, and then inking Jamaal Charles on Tuesday. Yeldon remains the constant and is probably the only one with any real idea what the offense is, leaving him a strong RB2 this week in Dallas.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Oct 9 - 8:16 PM

I was about 30 minutes away from trading him and a TE for a top5 1st.... And then they had to sign Hyde.  I still think Yeldon controls that backfield mostly but this just muddies that water enough that people won't want Yeldon.  Was hoping for an easy flip and now that's shot.  

Don’t have a piece of the backfield (except for Fournette in the contest, ugh) but going to be curious to see how this plays out. Do you guys think this was simply a play because Yeldon isn’t 100% or are they thinking this is an upgrade to Yeldon?

Don’t have a piece of the backfield (except for Fournette in the contest, ugh) but going to be curious to see how this plays out. Do you guys think this was simply a play because Yeldon isn’t 100% or are they thinking this is an upgrade to Yeldon?
The Jags have never believed in Yeldon as a lead back. They have tried to reduce his touches at every possible opportunity, often at significant cost. First it was bringing in Chris Ivory on a bloated free agent contract, then Fournette, now it's Hyde. Given that history it's hard to project Yeldon in a big role moving forward. I personally believe he's a somewhat underrated player and that the Jags would have been better off spending their money and draft capital on other positions but we'll see, time will tell...

So what's the word coming out of the bye? Yeldon done now?
He's RB10 in FFPC leagues and yet nobody wants him... I don't understand.  Yes they brought in Hyde, but Hyde doesn't catch passes nearly as well.  He's criminally undervalued for contending teams.  

I don't always go by rankings but ESPN has Fournette 17, Yeldon 37 and Hyde 40 this week. Just trying to get a feel for how he will be used. Guess it's a good week to sit him and watch what happens.

I don't always go by rankings but ESPN has Fournette 17, Yeldon 37 and Hyde 40 this week. Just trying to get a feel for how he will be used. Guess it's a good week to sit him and watch what happens.
Have him on my team and not gonna drop him yet but definitely keeping him on the bench for now. I think he'll be productive even with Fournette back.

He's RB10 in FFPC leagues and yet nobody wants him... I don't understand.  Yes they brought in Hyde, but Hyde doesn't catch passes nearly as well.  He's criminally undervalued for contending teams.  
And they also have their starter back.  Yeldon is third fiddle on a bad offense.  In PPR sure keep him and see, but he's droppable in standard.

Anyone have thoughts on this guy going into FA? 
I’m optimistic...teams are gonna want bell first, believe Ingram is a FA? And then if I remember right it would be yeldon and Tevin Coleman as the others guys that would probably have a decent amount of interest.

Not sure he gets signed as a main guy but would hopefully be somewhere he can be more consistent as far as PPR usuage. Off the top of my head I’d say Jets, Buffalo, Raiders, Houston, Indy, and Tampa are the main teams that would be in the RB market. Just from what I’ve been reading it doesn’t sound like it’s that great of a RB class so would think he gets lots of interest from a couple of those teams.

Adams has been looking good for philly so they may not look at RB as much as before but yeldon could still be a good running mate with him so that could be a possibility tho that wouldn’t be the greatest fantasy spot for him. I only own him on one team, no matter where he signs I will probably be looking to sell him and hope that he gets McKinnon like hype and can get a good return

I’m optimistic...teams are gonna want bell first, believe Ingram is a FA? And then if I remember right it would be yeldon and Tevin Coleman as the others guys that would probably have a decent amount of interest.

Not sure he gets signed as a main guy but would hopefully be somewhere he can be more consistent as far as PPR usuage. Off the top of my head I’d say Jets, Buffalo, Raiders, Houston, Indy, and Tampa are the main teams that would be in the RB market. Just from what I’ve been reading it doesn’t sound like it’s that great of a RB class so would think he gets lots of interest from a couple of those teams.

Adams has been looking good for philly so they may not look at RB as much as before but yeldon could still be a good running mate with him so that could be a possibility tho that wouldn’t be the greatest fantasy spot for him. I only own him on one team, no matter where he signs I will probably be looking to sell him and hope that he gets McKinnon like hype and can get a good return

Honestly I think that's close to what it'll be. He is a good PPR back, and maybe PHI would be a good place for him to take a Sproles role, but that's a little risky. I was considering trading for him but I just don't have the roster space. I sold him very high earlier this year, so I think the owner is a little burned at that and wants to get his 1st rounder back. 

Honestly I think that's close to what it'll be. He is a good PPR back, and maybe PHI would be a good place for him to take a Sproles role, but that's a little risky. I was considering trading for him but I just don't have the roster space. I sold him very high earlier this year, so I think the owner is a little burned at that and wants to get his 1st rounder back. 
It’ll be interesting to see how he’s viewed on the open market. A relatively big back with good vision but lacking in straight line speed, his sweet spot had been 8-12 carries per game. Except for a couple of past games against the previously woeful Colts run D, his ypc rarely exceeded 4.0 with 12+ carries. I hope someone pays him...he’s been a solid contributor for the Jags, often playing through injury

Haven't heard a peep out of him during free agency so far.  Seems to be the odd guy out.  Talk of Coleman, Bell, Ingram, but nothing on Yeldon.  

Haven't heard a peep out of him during free agency so far.  Seems to be the odd guy out.  Talk of Coleman, Bell, Ingram, but nothing on Yeldon.  
Yeldon is junk.  Lots of talks about him being a good blocker and receiver, but he grades out really low in both and has been declining every year in the league per PFF.  

It’ll be interesting to see how he’s viewed on the open market. A relatively big back with good vision but lacking in straight line speed, his sweet spot had been 8-12 carries per game. Except for a couple of past games against the previously woeful Colts run D, his ypc rarely exceeded 4.0 with 12+ carries. I hope someone pays him...he’s been a solid contributor for the Jags, often playing through injury
I think you're living in the past.  The Colts run defense ranked 8th best and gave up only 3.9 ypc with a long of 34 yards and 101 yds pg.

I think you're living in the past.  The Colts run defense ranked 8th best and gave up only 3.9 ypc with a long of 34 yards and 101 yds pg.
You are correct, and my post says exactly that:  "Except for a couple of past games against the previously woeful Colts run D"

But I'll show my math

Yeldon rushing vs. IND

Week 4, 2015:  22-105-0, 4.77 ypc

Week 14 2015: 11-62-0, 5.64 ypc

The Colts ranked 25th in rushing yards allowed in 2015

Week 4 2016: 14-71-0, 5.07 ypc

The Colts ranked 25th in rushing yards allowed in 2016

Week 7 2017: 9-122-1, 13.56 ypc

The Colts ranked 26th in rushing yards allowed in 2017

You are correct, and my post says exactly that:  "Except for a couple of past games against the previously woeful Colts run D"

But I'll show my math

Yeldon rushing vs. IND

Week 4, 2015:  22-105-0, 4.77 ypc

Week 14 2015: 11-62-0, 5.64 ypc

The Colts ranked 25th in rushing yards allowed in 2015

Week 4 2016: 14-71-0, 5.07 ypc

The Colts ranked 25th in rushing yards allowed in 2016

Week 7 2017: 9-122-1, 13.56 ypc

The Colts ranked 26th in rushing yards allowed in 2017
Yes, I re-read your post and you did say previously woeful.  I stand corrected and apologize for jumping to conclusions. 

Bills signed T.J. Yeldon to a two-year contract.

Yeldon joins a backfield which already features LeSean McCoy, Frank Gore, and a quarterback who rushed for 79 yards per game over his final six last season. On paper, then, it is tough to see more than a handful of touches per game for the former Jaguar. That said, Gore is the oldest running back in the league, McCoy is also near the top of that list and could always be traded, and the Bills want to be one of the most run-heavy teams in the league. It would not be a shock if Yeldon falls into a decent role at some point this season.

Apr 22, 2019, 5:38 AM

I really don't understand why Buffalo would want Yeldon. Maybe they are planning to deal McCoy during the draft? If not, I don't see Yeldon being a better investment than a mid-round rookie. Its a #3 RB regardless.

I really don't understand why Buffalo would want Yeldon. Maybe they are planning to deal McCoy during the draft? If not, I don't see Yeldon being a better investment than a mid-round rookie. Its a #3 RB regardless.
Could be a matter of patching holes leading up to the draft. This way, they can ideally select BPA and not feel compelled to draft for need

I can't see anyone trading for McCoy. At this stage of his career is he worth a draft pick and $6.175M? 

The contract details will be telling, but I think when they come out they will verify your RB3 thought. And at that price, it kind of makes sense for the Bills. This isn't a strong RB class. They are kind of signaling they are going to pass on RB (unless they grab one that plays special teams in rounds 5-7) and if they pass on RB, they at least need someone capable behind a 31 year old McCoy and a 36 year old Gore.

The Athletic's Joe Buscaglia considers T.J. Yeldon "squarely" on the Bills' 53-man roster bubble.

Per Buscaglia, Yeldon is in a "fight for his roster life against special teams ace Senorise Perry." Well that's no good. Buscaglia joins ESPN's Mike Rodak in putting Yeldon on the outside looking in of making the team. Yeldon has no special teams experience.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Aug 6, 2019, 7:48 PM ET

T.J. Yeldon rushed seven times for 26 yards and had a 10-yard catch in Bills’ second preseason game.

It's another middling game from Yeldon, though he managed to lead the Bills in rushing. With LeSean McCoy and Frank Gore not expected to be cut, Yeldon is squarely on the roster bubble. Yeldon is Buffalo's best passing down back, but his lack of special teams value is working against his him.

Aug 17, 2019, 8:45 AM ET

I hear all the Singletary buzz now that McCoy has been cut, but is Yeldon the better pickup at least for redraft?

T.J. Yeldon rushed seven times for 54 yards and caught a touchdown in the Bills' Week 5 loss to the Titans.

With Zack Moss (toe) inactive, Yeldon opened the game as the No. 2 back behind Devin Singletary. The starter was unproductive (2.3 YPC), which allowed Yeldon to see more snaps than expected in the second half. Yeldon broke a few big garbage-time runs and found himself open in the back of the end zone for a rare receiving score. Moss should be back soon, so Yeldon can be left on the waiver wire in 10- and 12-team leagues. It was odd to see him outplay Singletary, however.

Oct 13, 2020, 10:50 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread