What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

$300 LEAGUE: Fantasy Legends IV (1 Viewer)

Hey Chuck. I will go with $300. Since everyone originally signed up for $500, I think $300 is fine to drop to if necessary.

Vote Post---------Amount of entry fee $200or$300 Jaysports - $300JohnnyU - $300Sitch - $200FF King - $300snichols - $300meyerj31 - $300FatUncleJerryBuss - $300
Those who haven't voted please do so asap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm fine with $300 but neither is a deal breaker.I'm also interested what could be wrong with LeagueSafe. I've had nothing but positive experiences with the company. There are tens of thousands of people that use the site but I always get a response within 24 hours (even during the first few days of football payouts this year I heard back right away and the minor issue was resolved). I've also never had an issue with league members promptly voting to pay out when it is majority approval. After cashing out from the site the money was in my account two days later. Paypal isn't even that fast much of the time.I don't think you can come on here and crap on a legitimate secure holding site without detailing exactly what issue you encountered.

I'm fine with $300 but neither is a deal breaker.I'm also interested what could be wrong with LeagueSafe. I've had nothing but positive experiences with the company. There are tens of thousands of people that use the site but I always get a response within 24 hours (even during the first few days of football payouts this year I heard back right away and the minor issue was resolved). I've also never had an issue with league members promptly voting to pay out when it is majority approval. After cashing out from the site the money was in my account two days later. Paypal isn't even that fast much of the time.I don't think you can come on here and crap on a legitimate secure holding site without detailing exactly what issue you encountered.
When I joined this league the finances were to be handled by Chuck as he does in the other Fantasy Legends leagues - that was the league I thought I was joining. That now has been changed which is why I dropped out. I am under no obligation to anyone to give a public explanation for my decision. In retrospect I just should have kept it vague and said simply that I changed my mind and left it at that.

I am the financial controller of a multi-million dollar company. I can easily handle the funds. On the board I have no less than 20 members that will say I am legit. Dodds, Brong, Jene Bramel, Idiot Boxer, Chemical X, Aaron Rudnicki, Bill Brasky ect. My main user name was cavalier. I retired it so I use this one. Rude will confirm. Hell a few years back I gave away 200.00 to I think Birdie because he had the best story. http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=481326&st=150&p=11184800&hl=cavalier%20birdie&fromsearch=1entry11184800

Meyerj31 is our treasurer and will use Leaguesafe for our entry fees. Also, I can respect squistion decision to not want to use LeagueSafe, as he has his reasons, but several other owners want to use LeagueSafe and are not familiar with me and I can also respect that. I apologize to squistion, because he joined this league thinking I would handle the finances just like I do in FLL1 and FLL2, but given the amount of cash involved I thought it was best to take others advice and use LeagueSafe. I didn't want to deal with it personally, but since Meyerj31 volunteered to be treasurer and already uses LeagueSafe, I thought we should go with that. In the event meyerj31 leaves the league in the future, someone else will have to be treasurer and use their leaguesafe, or I will handle the finances personally. I'm not going to set it up or deal with it at all.

Meyerj31 is our treasurer and will use Leaguesafe for our entry fees. Also, I can respect squistion decision to not want to use LeagueSafe, as he has his reasons, but several other owners want to use LeagueSafe and are not familiar with me and I can also respect that. I apologize to squistion, because he joined this league thinking I would handle the finances just like I do in FLL1 and FLL2, but given the amount of cash involved I thought it was best to take others advice and use LeagueSafe. I didn't want to deal with it personally, but since Meyerj31 volunteered to be treasurer and already uses LeagueSafe, I thought we should go with that. In the event meyerj31 leaves the league in the future, someone else will have to be treasurer and use their leaguesafe, or I will handle the finances personally. I'm not going to set it up or deal with it at all.
Well, I have never used LeagueSafe and really didn't have a problem with it until squid said there was a problem with it. I PM'd him and he won't tell me the problem but said you know what happened. If it doesn't bother you I am good with it.

The start up draft will begin soon after I create the league at MFL and all fees are collected and we've ironed out some final rule changes. Along with the veterans, teams will be able to select rookie picks (1.1, 1.2, 2.1, etc), not the rookie player's themselves. Then after the NFL draft we will hold a rookie draft. The reason for selecting picks instead of players during the start up draft, is that it allows us to have our start up draft as soon as we can and still be fair to owners with rookie picks to know what team rookie players go to.

I think we need to discuss this further. If we ever expanded I would think owners should have to make available more than 3 players and they should be non-kicker / defenses. Having said that, at this entry fee it may be hard enough keeping 12 on a regular basis, let alone 14.F. Expansion draft guidelines:1. Each current Owner will have to leave three of his players unprotected for the expansion draft. These three players can be at any position.2. The expansion Owner will have the opportunity of taking one unprotected player from each current team to be on his roster. Each current Owner will only lose one player in the draft.3. The rest of the players the expansion Owner will select from will come from the free agent pool.4. The expansion Owner must select at least 9 players and not take more than 26 (in-season) and 30 to allow for 4 rounds of drafting just before the draft (off-season). He can take as many as he chooses as long as he stays between those two numbers.

Here are those in:

1 - JohnnyU (Chuck Cantrell, Commissoner)

2 - CTSU

3 - FF King

4 - DepthCharts

5 - Dawg Pound 69

6 - Snichols

7 - Moderated

8 - FatUncleJerryBuss

9 - Jaysports

10 - Sitch

11 - meyerj31 (Treasurer)

12 - Jeaton6
League is full.

I received an inquiry from someone who joined in 2011 and has 0 posts, so please, if you're interested in this league, please use your regular login and not an alias. It gives the appearance you're trying to hide your identity. If you're not, then I'll say I'm looking for known FF posters / players.

The league fees will be $310 ($300 entry fee + $10 site fees). In the FLL leagues we charge $10 for site fees to account for any increase MFL may have in the future. Any excess paid in by everyone goes to the highest scoring non-playoff team. This has been averaging around $50. Of course that amount could be less in the future, depending on the cost of MFL.

I sent an invite to everyone except 3 who hasn't sent me their email addresses (ctsu, moderated, and dawg pound).

Did not get one.
I sent it to the two email addresses you sent in our pm. I changed it to try and send to only one of them. See PM. Let me know if you didn't get it.Check your spam. I know that MFL has been having issues with gmail lately.

'JohnnyU said:
'FatUncleJerryBuss said:
Did not get one.
I sent it to the two email addresses you sent in our pm. I changed it to try and send to only one of them. See PM. Let me know if you didn't get it.Check your spam. I know that MFL has been having issues with gmail lately.
It was in spam, thank you.

Would we be able to hold a vote on the payout structure? Perhaps we can chat about this once the league is created and take it off the boards here.I like the idea of top scorer getting $, but half the league getting money back seems like a big much. Even 1/3rd of the league getting money back is a lot, but that's pretty standard.Could we vote on a structure like this as opposed to the 6 people payouts?1st - $15002nd - $9003rd/4th - $450Top Scorer - $300My experience is that the top scorer doesn't always make top 4, so this has a decent chance to pay out 5 anyway.Thanks for consideration.

Would we be able to hold a vote on the payout structure? Perhaps we can chat about this once the league is created and take it off the boards here.

I like the idea of top scorer getting $, but half the league getting money back seems like a big much. Even 1/3rd of the league getting money back is a lot, but that's pretty standard.

Could we vote on a structure like this as opposed to the 6 people payouts?

1st - $1500

2nd - $900

3rd/4th - $450

Top Scorer - $300

My experience is that the top scorer doesn't always make top 4, so this has a decent chance to pay out 5 anyway.

Thanks for consideration.
The reason I have the payouts as I do is because of the high entry fee, I think it's nice for 50% of the league gets their money back. Others have already said the main reason they joined was because of the payout structure. In the other Legends leagues the owners are happy with this structure and it helps keep league turnover down. I don't think this is something we will vote on because I know several will probably bail if we do. Maybe we could do something with the high scorer money, but I want to keep 6 teams who make the playoffs get their money back.As it is right now, 6 teams get their money back, the Super Bowl champs has a possibility at 1800 (300 make playoffs + 300 semi final winners + 900 super bowl champ + 300 high scorer) and the runner up has a possibility at 900 (300 making playoffs + 300 simi final winner + 300 high score). That's a pretty sweet payout if you ask me.

How about determining the draft order? Is that something to vote on - i.e. do we just do a randomizer and go with that order, or do the randomizer and let the first person choose their spot, the next person chooses, etc? Apologize if this was discussed already and I missed it...

How about determining the draft order? Is that something to vote on - i.e. do we just do a randomizer and go with that order, or do the randomizer and let the first person choose their spot, the next person chooses, etc? Apologize if this was discussed already and I missed it...
The draft order for the initial start up draft will be random, using a site to roll dice, then it will be serpentine 1-12, 12-1, 1-12, etc. Then starting in year 2 the rookie draft order is based up how you finish in the league. Worst to first determine picks 1-6, the the playoff finish determines 7-12. The order stays the same for every round, which is the way it should be for dynasty leagues. We could let owners pick their own initial spot in the start up draft based on the dice roll.

The draft order for the initial start up draft will be random, using a site to roll dice, then it will be serpentine 1-12, 12-1, 1-12, etc. Then starting in year 2 the rookie draft order is based up how you finish in the league. Worst to first determine picks 1-6, the the playoff finish determines 7-12. The order stays the same for every round, which is the way it should be for dynasty leagues. We could let owners pick their own initial spot in the start up draft based on the dice roll.
I like that idea. Thanks for response on payouts.

Thanks - yeah, that's what I was referring to - I've done it a few times in other leagues for the startup draft and it adds a little element to it...

Would we be able to hold a vote on the payout structure? Perhaps we can chat about this once the league is created and take it off the boards here.

I like the idea of top scorer getting $, but half the league getting money back seems like a big much. Even 1/3rd of the league getting money back is a lot, but that's pretty standard.

Could we vote on a structure like this as opposed to the 6 people payouts?

1st - $1500

2nd - $900

3rd/4th - $450

Top Scorer - $300

My experience is that the top scorer doesn't always make top 4, so this has a decent chance to pay out 5 anyway.

Thanks for consideration.
The reason I have the payouts as I do is because of the high entry fee, I think it's nice for 50% of the league gets their money back. Others have already said the main reason they joined was because of the payout structure. In the other Legends leagues the owners are happy with this structure and it helps keep league turnover down. I don't think this is something we will vote on because I know several will probably bail if we do. Maybe we could do something with the high scorer money, but I want to keep 6 teams who make the playoffs get their money back.As it is right now, 6 teams get their money back, the Super Bowl champs has a possibility at 1800 (300 make playoffs + 300 semi final winners + 900 super bowl champ + 300 high scorer) and the runner up has a possibility at 900 (300 making playoffs + 300 simi final winner + 300 high score). That's a pretty sweet payout if you ask me.
The one way to do this is make the playoffs by different ways. Division winners get the top seeds and byes. The division runner-ups get the 3/4 seeds. And the top two total points remaining excluding the playoff teams get the 5/6 seeds. This keeps all teams involved to week 14 and top points will make the playoffs and get their money back.

Just a thought, but what about something like this? League Payouts:12 owners @ $310 a piece - $3,720Total Pot for payouts - $3,6001st - $15002nd - $8003rd - $300Playoff Teams ($150 per) - $900 (get half your money back for making the playoffs)Total Points Scorer (Reg Season) - $100 Best case scenario is the SB champ can win $1,500 + $150 + 100 = $1,750Best case scenario for 2nd place is $800 + $150 + $100 = $1,050Best case scenario for 3rd place is $300 + $150 + $100 = $550Best case scenario for 4-6 place is $150 + $100 = $250

Just a thought, but what about something like this? League Payouts:12 owners @ $310 a piece - $3,720Total Pot for payouts - $3,6001st - $15002nd - $8003rd - $300Playoff Teams ($150 per) - $900 (get half your money back for making the playoffs)Total Points Scorer (Reg Season) - $100 Best case scenario is the SB champ can win $1,500 + $150 + 100 = $1,750Best case scenario for 2nd place is $800 + $150 + $100 = $1,050Best case scenario for 3rd place is $300 + $150 + $100 = $550Best case scenario for 4-6 place is $150 + $100 = $250
I really want the 6 playoff teams to be guaranteed $300 for making the playoffs. That whole premise of getting back what you paid for 6 of 12 is what keeps owners coming back year after year in the other Legends. If you guys want to work with the $300 for the high scorer in some other way, I'm fine with that.How about this minor tweak to the original Legends format that doesn't pay for high scorer:Make the playoffs = $300 (6 x 300 = 1800)First round winners plus 2 division winners with byes = $150 (150 x 4 = 600)Semi Finals Winners - $150 (2 x 150 = 300)Super Bowl Champs - $900which translates to...SB chamnp = 300 + 150 + 150 + 900 = 1500SB runner up = 300 + 150 + 150 = 600Semi final losers = 2 x (300 + 150) = 900First round losers = 2 x 300 = 600

I missed most of this posting, sorry.... 300 is fine, ive logged in. im a fan of 1/2 the entrants getting money back. I am not a fan of paying high score anything. Looks good, cant wait!

'JohnnyU said:
I really want the 6 playoff teams to be guaranteed $300 for making the playoffs. That whole premise of getting back what you paid for 6 of 12 is what keeps owners coming back year after year in the other Legends. If you guys want to work with the $300 for the high scorer in some other way, I'm fine with that.How about this minor tweak to the original Legends format that doesn't pay for high scorer:Make the playoffs = $300 (6 x 300 = 1800)First round winners plus 2 division winners with byes = $150 (150 x 4 = 600)Semi Finals Winners - $150 (2 x 150 = 300)Super Bowl Champs - $900which translates to...SB chamnp = 300 + 150 + 150 + 900 = 1500SB runner up = 300 + 150 + 150 = 600Semi final losers = 2 x (300 + 150) = 900First round losers = 2 x 300 = 600
Your payouts are great. Just give at highest points a slot in the playoffs. Sooooo much more upside. Every team with a bad record can still go for that. Plus it makes the playoffs harder which the best team should win the money. Not best record, best team. In a 12 team league I was 2-12 and had 200 points more in than the next team. Nothing wrong with rewarding best records, nothing wrong with giving the total points a slot in the dance. The reward for having a great record is a bye and reward for having points is a entry into the post season.

Draft order: would it make sense for those teams that don't make the playoffs to have the best record getting the number one pick and the worst record getting number 6 pick? My experience is this prevents late season sandbagging. I know the total points payout could help alleviate some of the issue as well but its a nice carrot for the owner that just missed the playoffs and should encourage everyone to stay actiive. I do recognize it could cause problems trying to recruit new owners of abandoned teams that are weak and they don't have the incentive of high draft picks.

Draft order: would it make sense for those teams that don't make the playoffs to have the best record getting the number one pick and the worst record getting number 6 pick? My experience is this prevents late season sandbagging. I know the total points payout could help alleviate some of the issue as well but its a nice carrot for the owner that just missed the playoffs and should encourage everyone to stay actiive. I do recognize it could cause problems trying to recruit new owners of abandoned teams that are weak and they don't have the incentive of high draft picks.
Absolutely not. I'll do what I can to prevent tanking for picks (see my anti-tanking thread at MFL), but in dynasty leagues it has always been my opinion that the worst teams need the higher picks. This is important for league integrity and balance.

Here are those in:

1 - JohnnyU (Chuck Cantrell, Commissoner)

2 - CTSU

3 - FF King

4 - DepthCharts

5 - Dawg Pound 69

6 - Snichols

7 - Moderated

8 -

9 - Jaysports

10 - Sitch

11 - meyerj31 (Treasurer)

12 - Jeaton6
Need one more ownerStill need CTSU's email address and Moderated's email address. Once I have them I'll send you an invite. Please do this ASAP.

Also, Jeaton6, you need to sign in. Did you get the invite?

I've created a poll for the top standings determinator (either VP or won/loss). I need your votes on this. I'm also going to be creating a poll with two options for a "tweak" of the payout structure, not an overhaul.

Users who are viewing this thread