What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (10 Viewers)

I'm sure Chet can more eloquently defend the stock. It looks like he's just piggybacking off the Culpeper stuff. Not a whole lot of new info in there. But Citron and Left are legit. A lot don't like them but he can move stocks with his research. I presume he was one of the big guys shorting it earlier. Now they release a report hoping to push it down further. Stock isn't falling out of bed but in my experience, it's not a guy you want on the other side. Has enough clout, he can go on CNBC and destroy it. 
Ouch, and we were just saying a few days ago we were surprised there were no hit pieces out yet.

What the heck is a Citron?

Is citron reliable?

Isn't he the guy that's been shorting Tesla?
Citron is run by Andrew Left who is a notable short seller. He isn't always right and is very brash / abrasive. He essentially plays the Don't Pass line and instead of Ackman buying stock and pumping it on CNBC, he shorts a stock, releases a report to push it down and then who knows? I'm sure he probably covers some of it on the way down. 

His most notable work was he called Valeant/Bausch right. In healthcare, he seems pretty good although as I mentioned, this piece was pretty weak IMO. Didn't actually go into the details on the drug itself and relied on Culpeper which seemed very sketchy. I don't know where he stands on TSLA. He probably was shorting it but not as big as Chanos/Einhorn from what I can tell. I'm not saying he is right but he is a credible voice in the finance world unlike Culpepper. 

We had to know an article would coincide with the short attack today.  This is rehashed stuff they've taken shots at already.  NP sold millions of shares in early May, pointing to Culper hit pieces from the past.  They blame CytoDyn for manipulating the stock the last few days, blah blah blah.  

They talk about lack of data.  Well, duh... trial data is coming.  Maybe it's why they chose today to launch the attack and this article, there may be others from Culper research, to get these out before the trial data is released.  

Scaring investors into dumping shares... so their paying clients can pick them up before good news is released?  who knows.  
AS you said spin city with their points.  No coincidence this comes out with stock dip. Did it precipitate dip or part of short attack?

Reminds me of the AF attacks and results.

Left has had his hits and misses like everyone else.  He broke valeants back from $240 to the teens where it sits today with a well written story that they were channel stuffing and self dealing. But he’s been after Elon and tsla on more than one occasion.

i was ready to pull the trigger on 500 shares till this game me pause

Feuerstein attacks on the credibility and integrity of the company/leadership mixed with a sprinkling of charged incompetence.

AS you said spin city with their points.  No coincidence this comes out with stock dip. Did it precipitate dip or part of short attack?

Reminds me of the AF attacks and results.
I believe it was a part of it.  They bring nothing new to the table.  They did mention the many paid talking ads by NP but he hasn't released one in many days.  This is a good thing imo and he doesn't need to release a statement every week.  Shorts use these to say "YEAH, BLAH BLAH, BUT YOU HAVE NO DATA!!"  They know all along the data is coming.  

They'll scare shares out of many investors that are selling right now.  But if the stock can withstand the next couple of days, these guys are running out of stuff to write about (much thanks to NP for not opening his mouth).   

Let the trial data speak for itself.  Remember, Covid is just one indication for LL.  They are in trials for the other, more lucrative indications imo (HIV, Cancer, NASH, even Alzheimer's).  

If this tripe pushes it down under 5, my position will get a large boost.  

I am pissed.  Mostly at myself.

My account is only 5 grand below where it was several hours ago.  Can't imagine some of the thoughts running through your heads

Citron is run by Andrew Left who is a notable short seller. He isn't always right and is very brash / abrasive. He essentially plays the Don't Pass line and instead of Ackman buying stock and pumping it on CNBC, he shorts a stock, releases a report to push it down and then who knows? I'm sure he probably covers some of it on the way down. 

His most notable work was he called Valeant/Bausch right. In healthcare, he seems pretty good although as I mentioned, this piece was pretty weak IMO. Didn't actually go into the details on the drug itself and relied on Culpeper which seemed very sketchy. I don't know where he stands on TSLA. He probably was shorting it but not as big as Chanos/Einhorn from what I can tell. I'm not saying he is right but he is a credible voice in the finance world unlike Culpepper. 
Thing is, he’s relentless. He won’t just release one report saying the company is a fraud. He’ll hammer it every chance he gets.

Citron used to write hit pieces on SHOP and NVDA.  SHOP wouldn't make it, blah blah.  SHOP is almost $1000 per share today.  NVDA $378.  

Link to one

"If SHopify trades over $200 in 12 months, Citron will donate $200k to the Robin Hood Foundation. " 

Robin hood, almost seems appropriate.  

Some nice companies he's attacked.  They are doing fine today.  Just like CytoDyn will be with some good news. 

For reference come 7/3.. how do I actually exercise a warrant to convert it to stock? (NKLAW)

Just "sell" or do I need to call etrade, or will it happen automatically?

Citron used to write hit pieces on SHOP and NVDA.  SHOP wouldn't make it, blah blah.  SHOP is almost $1000 per share today.  NVDA $378.  

Link to one

"If SHopify trades over $200 in 12 months, Citron will donate $200k to the Robin Hood Foundation. " 

Robin hood, almost seems appropriate.  

Some nice companies he's attacked.  They are doing fine today.  Just like CytoDyn will be with some good news. 
Not saying he is always right but he is a legit source unlike Culpepper even if he utilized them for a lot of his report. Would be nice for whoever has been accumulating over the past week or two to come out with their own piece. 

If there were really institutions buying the past two weeks....this would be the time to buy here in the last hour after letting the dust settle.

Not saying he is always right but he is a legit source unlike Culpepper even if he utilized them for a lot of his report. Would be nice for whoever has been accumulating over the past week or two to come out with their own piece. 
It'd be nice for the results of the trial to come back and blow past $10 share. 

I look in my account and I see the wild swings of CYDY and compare to the serene calm waters of PPL who just boringly moves 10 or 15 cents a day and yields north of 6%.

I sold 5k and bought 15k back lol.  Probably not great risk management
I did the same today.  Not your exact numbers but sold some added more.  Have more now than I did this morning, which is good because yesterday I was trying to figure out how to buy more in the 9s.  Ironically, and thankfully, BLMN didn't sniff 11.  Was planning to sell it for more shares yesterday.  Still waiting for the onion to hit 11 to free up more already allocated to cydy.  Miserable day overall but silver lining remains.  

Users who are viewing this thread