Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

Bought more AMZN dip.  I've bought enough of this thing over the last few days you can call me @Capella.

I think he has a much better average though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Does anyone use both Fidelity and TD and have a preference? I like TD enough but I have Schwab, too, and they’ll eventually be one in the same. Seems like Fidelity has some features TD doesn’t.

I have TD and Fidelity.  Fidelity has slightly better fee structures (no commission on OTC, which was the main reason I signed up while trading CYDY) but Think or Swim on TD is a great platform.

It takes a lot more clicks and time to get in/out of a position on Fidelity, but it's great for long-term positions.  Ultimately I've separated them out so Fidelity has my long-term holdings that I don't need to mess with and TD my shorter term/swing trades where I might need to get in/out of a position quicker.  If I had to choose just one it would be TD because of Think or Swim.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McBokonon said:

No, at least not on mobile.

It did on my PC. Bought 100 shares of Amazon in my MILs account on margin by accident. You do the math. Good news is she made about $1000 in five minutes. Bad news is I had the shakes for the rest of the day. Somehow I didn’t even get a trading violation letter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Mine is too but I don’t think that really gives me a good feel for their platform.

No, it doesn’t and sorry for the crap with the other guy. I get sucked into that too much, too god at reading people but I respond.

Their mobile app is solid and if it isn’t right there it seamlessly takes you to a mobile site where you can do everything you can on the web site. The funny part is that if you go into that area it drops the 401k from the list since you can’t have stock positions. I think the 401k is basically a completely different interface. I actually use their Net Benefits app for me and Fidelity app for my wife’s so I don’t have to change logins.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BassNBrew said:

It did on my PC. Bought 100 shares of Amazon in my MILs account on margin by accident. You do the math. Good news is she made about $1000 in five minutes. Bad news is I had the shakes for the rest of the day. Somehow I didn’t even get a trading violation letter

They know you well enough now. Hey, the guy who buys the wrong stock just bought way too much Amazon. Don’t worry Bill, he’ll figure it out before margin call.

  • Laughing 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Bought more AMZN dip.  I've bought enough of this thing over the last few days you can call me @Capella.

I think he has a much better average though.

 

Haven’t seen him in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I have TD and Fidelity.  Fidelity has slightly better fee structures (no commission on OTC, which was the main reason I signed up while trading CYDY) but Think or Swim on TD is a great platform.

It takes a lot more clicks and time to get in/out of a position on Fidelity, but it's great for long-term positions.  Ultimately I've separated them out so Fidelity has my long-term holdings that I don't need to mess with and TD my shorter term/swing trades where I might need to get in/out of a position quicker.  If I had to choose just one it would be TD because of Think or Swim.

Thanks. I like Think or Swim but I don’t really swing trade so I’m not really using it. What about analyst research? Any huge difference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to finally take profits on BLMN ~@16, should have done it a few days ago of course but still happy with a 40% gain in 3 months. Especially since I was down over 20% at one point. It could be consolidating here for another move up (20 day moving average is in the low 15’s) but I also see a lot of potential downside below that.

Plus AMZN and a few other big names have pulled back quite a bit and looking attractive. I know AMZN is up 50% in 6 months, but that’s a company I would much rather own long term if the market takes a dump again than a steakhouse. I should have rotated into BYND a week ago like I speculated about in here, up 25% in that time.

Edited by Buckna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Buckna said:

Decided to finally take profits on BLMN ~@16, should have done it a few days ago of course but still happy with a 40% gain in 3 months. Especially since I was down over 20% at one point. It could be consolidating here for another move up (20 day moving average is in the low 15’s) but I also see a lot of potential downside below that.

Plus AMZN and a few other big names have pulled back quite a bit and looking attractive. I know AMZN is up 50% in 6 months, but that’s a company I would much rather own long term if the market takes a dump again than a steakhouse. I should have rotated into BYND a week ago like I speculated about in here, up 25% in that time.

BYND has been nice to me. Still sitting on a decent amount of cash though (for me) in our IRAs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe WKHS is a $27 stock and $3bn company.  Heck of a gamble people are taking on that one if they don't get a huge chunk of the USPS contract this thing is a penny stock.  They did like $80k in revenue last quarter and unlike all the other stocks with little to no revenue their isn't due to lack of suppy, but rather 100% to lack of demand.

It's like gambling on CYDY except with $26/share downside instead of $3/share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 2:53 PM, Nugget said:

Back in F again @6.67. 2/3 of my planned position. Think it will be 7.25 range my mid Sep. 

:coffee:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I can't believe WKHS is a $27 stock and $3bn company.  Heck of a gamble people are taking on that one if they don't get a huge chunk of the USPS contract this thing is a penny stock.  They did like $80k in revenue last quarter and unlike all the other stocks with little to no revenue their isn't due to lack of suppy, but rather 100% to lack of demand.

It's like gambling on CYDY except with $26/share downside instead of $3/share.

Rivian is private, but last I read they have raised something like $8 billion in investment money over just the last 2 years. Granted they are backed by Amazon, but these EV plays are getting a ton of money thrown at them. If Rivian ever went public I can't imagine what their market cap would be; $30 bn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps the wrong thread, but I have a 401k question. My brother is looking to buy a house in the next 6 months if he can get a down payment. 

He was told he can take a withdrawal from his 401k for this. I assume there is a penalty, but not my concern. My question is more general. If you think the market is going to drop in the next 6 months, is it ever a good idea to make a sizable withdrawal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ericttspikes said:

Rivian is private, but last I read they have raised something like $8 billion in investment money over just the last 2 years. Granted they are backed by Amazon, but these EV plays are getting a ton of money thrown at them. If Rivian ever went public I can't imagine what their market cap would be; $30 bn?

Right and that would be crazy, but at least people would be buying on the idea that there is a ton of demand for their trucks and they just need to release the product.

WKHS already has their product, they just can't sell it to anyone.  Sales are down like 1000% every year all the way to $80k now.  What is that, like 2 trucks they sold the entire last quarter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Perhaps the wrong thread, but I have a 401k question. My brother is looking to buy a house in the next 6 months if he can get a down payment. 

He was told he can take a withdrawal from his 401k for this. I assume there is a penalty, but not my concern. My question is more general. If you think the market is going to drop in the next 6 months, is it ever a good idea to make a sizable withdrawal? 

Make sure you ask here, too. Probably get good answers there.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RLFTF just shot up from .46 to .55 in the last half an hour or so.  What happened?  Could it be CYDY money coming in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Nugget said:

:coffee:

Yeah, thanks for this. I started looking at this when you posted that. Ended up buying some.

:thumbup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

RLFTF just shot up from .46 to .55 in the last half an hour or so.  What happened?  Could it be CYDY money coming in?

They had some decent news a couple of days ago regarding the drug and ongoing trials.

 

But from what I can tell, nothing else today. Could be the CYDY dough. A lot of that money was in it for the COVID stuff, and to me it looks like RLF-100 might be closer to having a solution there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

RLFTF just shot up from .46 to .55 in the last half an hour or so.  What happened?  Could it be CYDY money coming in?

The bolded is trolling, which everyone (but you, apparently) already knows.

Stop feeding the troll, people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @BassNBrew, FMCI bucking the trend today. Great earnings report. Over 100% growth from last year. Might keep this one a while, about $135M annual sales rate and an almost $700M market cap. That’s 5 times sales for 100-110% growth which is cheap. SNOW for instance is at about 75 times sales for 150 or 175% growth.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stbugs said:

Hey @BassNBrew, FMCI bucking the trend today. Great earnings report. Over 100% growth from last year. Might keep this one a while, about $135M annual sales rate and an almost $700M market cap. That’s 5 times sales for 100-110% growth which is cheap. SNOW for instance is at about 75 times sales for 150 or 175% growth.

Thanks for the info. This is one stock I haven’t sold a single share on the ride up. Any idea when they’ll get a cool stock ticker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Thanks for the info. This is one stock I haven’t sold a single share on the ride up. Any idea when they’ll get a cool stock ticker?

Not sure, should be soon. Been solid for me and luckily was the one I invested in the most. Blind squirrel and all. I owe my wife some credit because she likes their food and said it was lower on sodium than others. From their P/S and growth rate, could be a home run in a few years.

Edited by stbugs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

The bolded is trolling, which everyone (but you, apparently) already knows.

Stop feeding the troll, people.

It's not trolling.  6.5 million shares of CYDY were sold today.  It makes sense that some of that would get redirected toward other Covid drugs.

I just sold my RLFTF at just under .59

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like it was one person who caused the 30% increase in RLFTF.  There were 23 blocks of 10,000 shares bought and then a buy of 1.3 million shares at .59.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Don Hutson said:

It looks like it was one person who caused the 30% increase in RLFTF.  There were 23 blocks of 10,000 shares bought and then a buy of 1.3 million shares at .59.

Chet?

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I have TD and Fidelity.  Fidelity has slightly better fee structures (no commission on OTC, which was the main reason I signed up while trading CYDY) but Think or Swim on TD is a great platform.

It takes a lot more clicks and time to get in/out of a position on Fidelity, but it's great for long-term positions.  Ultimately I've separated them out so Fidelity has my long-term holdings that I don't need to mess with and TD my shorter term/swing trades where I might need to get in/out of a position quicker.  If I had to choose just one it would be TD because of Think or Swim.

Is there a section on ThinkorSwim that gives news, reports, ratings, fundamentals?  I use it for charts only, and love them, but leave the traditional TD website open for research and trading.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

It looks like it was one person who caused the 30% increase in RLFTF.  There were 23 blocks of 10,000 shares bought and then a buy of 1.3 million shares at .59.

Where do you find this information?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stbugs said:
3 hours ago, beef said:

AMZN about to go sub 3000

 

Maybe that IPO dog I got will at least not lose as much as everything else!

SNOW is a competitor to AMZN (and Apache)

man I love DKNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember who was messing with $PLAY but there's some bankruptcy rumblings around them right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

SNOW is a competitor to AMZN (and Apache)

man I love DKNG

I am not sure I'd say SNOW is necessarily a competitor to AMZN - SNOW is "just" SAAS layered on either AWS / Azure. In many ways SNOW is likely one of the larger "customers" for AWS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

SNOW is a competitor to AMZN (and Apache)

man I love DKNG

SNOW is also a customer of AMZN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eaganwildcats said:

I am not sure I'd say SNOW is necessarily a competitor to AMZN - SNOW is "just" SAAS layered on either AWS / Azure. In many ways SNOW is likely one of the larger "customers" for AWS. 

Yeah. It does compete with Redshift, but also drives AWS usage higher. Doubt it really is driving this price movement, more a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

I am not sure I'd say SNOW is necessarily a competitor to AMZN - SNOW is "just" SAAS layered on either AWS / Azure. In many ways SNOW is likely one of the larger "customers" for AWS. 

Or what he said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

Thursday night football!  We semi-have an excuse!  

This week's game requires drinking. 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CR69 said:

BYND has been nice to me. Still sitting on a decent amount of cash though (for me) in our IRAs. 

Shifted some of my BLMN profits to AMZN here at sub 3k, kept 2/3rds in cash. If it dips again I will consider BYND, stock has been pretty volatile lately with big daily swings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

SNOW is a competitor to AMZN (and Apache)

man I love DKNG

:wub:

Not selling what I have.  Will look to add more if it dips again.  Couple of months ago my buy the dip price used to be upper 20's.  Then it was mid-upper 30's.  Now mid-upper 40's...  

Edited by beef

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tech stocks oof

Loss of $30 today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Buckna said:

Shifted some of my BLMN profits to AMZN here at sub 3k, kept 2/3rds in cash. If it dips again I will consider BYND, stock has been pretty volatile lately with big daily swings.

Yeah I've been considering selling and hoping to buy back lower but that would be the one time it doesn't go back down lol. 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're saying on the message boards that HGEND will be uplisted to Nasdaq tomorrow.  PR was sent out a few days ago that they were selling 8 million shares in a public offering through JP Morgan and that Nasdaq informed them that they'd be uplisted the day after the offering was completed.  Message boarders are saying that the offering will be completed tonight and so HGEN will be uplisted to Nasdaq tomorrow.  They're also saying that the institutional investors have been intentionally keeping the stock price low because the share price in the offering will be determined by what the stock closes at today.   If the theory about tonight's closing price is true, then the institutional investors buying in the offering would have a lot of incentive to tank the share price right before close today.  Buying at 3:59pm EST today could be a savvy move.  This information was gotten from the message boards so it is obviously not 100% trustworthy. 

Quote

 

https://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/Humanigen+Inc.+(HGEN)+Announces+Proposed+8M+Share+Common+Offering%3B+Reports+Uplisting+to+NASDAQ/17357107.html

Humanigen, Inc. (NASDAQ: HGEN) (“Humanigen”), a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on preventing and treating an immune hyper-response called ‘cytokine storm’ with its lead drug candidate lenzilumab, today announced that it has commenced an underwritten public offering of 8,000,000 shares of common stock. J.P. Morgan and Jefferies are acting as joint book-running managers for the offering. Humanigen expects to grant the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 1,200,000 shares. The offering is subject to market and other conditions, and there can be no assurance as to whether or when the offering may be completed or as to the actual size or terms of the offering.

Humanigen has received approval from The Nasdaq Stock Market, LLC for its common stock to begin trading on the Nasdaq Capital Market under the symbol “HGEN” on the trading day immediately following the pricing of the offering of the shares. Humanigen’s common stock currently trades on the OTCQB Venture Market under the symbol “HGEND.”

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

SNOW is a competitor to AMZN (and Apache)

man I love DKNG

I didn’t get into SNOW. I got some packaging company. Already down today lol. I’ll sell in a few weeks. 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I don't remember who was messing with $PLAY but there's some bankruptcy rumblings around them right now.

Not surprising at all. That V shaped recovery never really covered the places like this where people aren’t going to come back in droves.

What’s going on with your NNOX? Big enough of a discount due to the shorting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Not surprising at all. That V shaped recovery never really covered the places like this where people aren’t going to come back in droves.

What’s going on with your NNOX? Big enough of a discount due to the shorting?

I think so. My guess is a bunch of momentum traders who don't know anything about the company got scared off after the Citron report. I've been adding little bits. When you look at the board of the company and their current partners, if it's a scam it's the greatest scam ever and my hat's off to them.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I think so. My guess is a bunch of momentum traders who don't know anything about the company got scared off after the Citron report. I've been adding little bits. When you look at the board of the company and their current partners, if it's a scam it's the greatest scam ever and my hat's off to them.

Put a limit order in for $28.50 for 200. I’m thinking it’s got a good chance to hit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Put a limit order in for $28.50 for 200. I’m thinking it’s got a good chance to hit. 

Did the follow-up hit-piece get released yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Did the follow-up hit-piece get released yet?

Haven’t seen it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's with the sharp dip in stocks today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.