What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL 2 Draft Commentary (1 Viewer)

6.12 QB - M. Schaub. Texans

7.05 QB - C. Palmer, Raiders

1.05 RB - R. Rice, Ravens

5.05 RB - R. Matthews, Chargers

2.12 WR - R. White. Falcons

3.05 WR - J. Nelson. Packers

4.12 WR - D. Bowe, Chiefs

8.12 TE - H. Miller, Steelers Celek or Bennett

9.05 TE - J. Tamme, Broncos
with the change above I would really have loved this team.....Kelly likes to use his TE's so Celek could have a nice year....I really think Miller struggles to get back in time....and in 2 PPR for TE this could be a big blow to your roster ( :potkettle: coming from the guy that took Gonzo)....I also liked this team cause if Mathews proves us all wrong and turns things around with a new attitude/health/coaching staff you may have gotten the SOD....and your WR's are solid, especially in PPR...had Celek or Bennett been on your roster I would have only had your QB's to pick on at this point as you could still get some more RB's etc.....read something about Palmer and possibly getting cut and maybe resigned for less cash as the Raiders don't want to pay him what he is due next year....but with him and Schaub you might have been okay considering you waited till 6/7 to get them....nice job... :banned:

6.12 QB - M. Schaub. Texans

7.05 QB - C. Palmer, Raiders

1.05 RB - R. Rice, Ravens

5.05 RB - R. Matthews, Chargers

2.12 WR - R. White. Falcons

3.05 WR - J. Nelson. Packers

4.12 WR - D. Bowe, Chiefs

8.12 TE - H. Miller, Steelers Celek or Bennett

9.05 TE - J. Tamme, Broncos
with the change above I would really have loved this team.....Kelly likes to use his TE's so Celek could have a nice year....I really think Miller struggles to get back in time....and in 2 PPR for TE this could be a big blow to your roster ( :potkettle: coming from the guy that took Gonzo)....I also liked this team cause if Mathews proves us all wrong and turns things around with a new attitude/health/coaching staff you may have gotten the SOD....and your WR's are solid, especially in PPR...had Celek or Bennett been on your roster I would have only had your QB's to pick on at this point as you could still get some more RB's etc.....read something about Palmer and possibly getting cut and maybe resigned for less cash as the Raiders don't want to pay him what he is due next year....but with him and Schaub you might have been okay considering you waited till 6/7 to get them....nice job... :banned:
Thanks. The pick came down to Miller & Celek for my 1st TE. I read that Kelly is likely to bring in a "move" TE that fits his O better than Celek. That & I'm a Steeler homer. :doh:

hey Rudy...I tried to send you a pm with the message below to try and help explain your clock....but it says you can't receive any messages....you might want to clean that bad boy out....anywhere here is what I was trying to send you...hey Rudy...no horse in this race but I will try to explain it to youyour first time out got you down to 4 hoursthen bass came in and shortened the clock for everybody (he did give a warning)when the clock got shortened to 6 hours he said that any and all timeouts already in effect would go off the 6 hour clock....with your clock being cut in half, that put you on 3 hours...otherwise we would have all been on 6 hours and you would have been on 4 hours....which is not half our time....your most recent timeout was because your pick was not within that 3 hours....so now it gets cut in half to an hour and a half....some posts in the commentary thread about this.... :banned:

When Did the hours get shortened? There are several places in this thread and the WSL rules thread that state we have 8 hours, and Stinking Ref posted on the 5th I am on a 4 hr clock. Now you say it was a 3 hour clock. I picked within 4 hours. I should still have a 4 hour clock
You obviously do not check in enough so please refrain from doing anymore of these as you cannot seem to understand how it works. Just my opinion.
Alright noobie - that's about enoughHe's is tied for the all time best ever you foolIf you can't stop crying - then YOU refrain from doin any more of thesedon't reply - I don't want to hear it - just pick
please dude, getting lucky in draft and go mocks is a sign of pure luck. You may get on your high horse, but does not change that fact. These are fun and in my eyes purely for rankings and player discussion for this upcoming years draft. But you have my congrats on being luckier than most.

I like the V. Brown pick Bloom. I was torn between Brown & Malcom Floyd. Either way, I hope Rivers gets his mojo back or neither one will be worth much.

I like the V. Brown pick Bloom. I was torn between Brown & Malcom Floyd. Either way, I hope Rivers gets his mojo back or neither one will be worth much.
I looked at Brown with my last pick. I think Rivers is due for a top 7 finish again. SD is talking the talk right now about fixing the line. With getting Brown back plus the emergence of Alexander, the weapons are there. I think a Reggie Bush would be nice also to pair with Matthews but since the OL will need a ton of work, they will probably run out of cash but considering most mocks have them getting Fisher in round 1 and if this happens that takes care of the left side. Just need to add a couple in FA now.

What a tool
So with your unbelievable insight, you are telling me their is any skill to this? Picking players for 9 months from now and not even knowing what teams some of them are on or schedule or byes, is not luck? Especially when some just pick the next player based of other WSLs? Yes, and I'm the tool. This is nothing but skill. I apologize. A dude who doesnt even check in to know he is on the clock or that he timed out has so much skill to win 5 draft and go leagues. NICE, I am understanding the skill as we go.Heck in fantasy when you set lineups is 90% luck, how much luck is involved when there is no setting of lineups?5 lucky titles impress me none, it show you are lucky in mock drafts with nothing on the line. These mocks involve zero skill all the name calling and hate will not change my mind. Its virtually BPA all the time. Sorry guys just the facts, Thanks though.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a tool
So with your unbelievable insight, you are telling me their is any skill to this? Picking players for 9 months from now and not even knowing what teams some of them are on or schedule or byes, is not luck? Especially when some just pick the next player based of other WSLs? Yes, and I'm the tool. This is nothing but skill. I apologize. A dude who doesnt even check in to know he is on the clock or that he timed out has so much skill to win 5 draft and go leagues. NICE, I am understanding the skill as we go.Heck in fantasy when you set lineups is 90% luck, how much luck is involved when there is no setting of lineups?5 lucky titles impress me none, it show you are lucky in mock drafts with nothing on the line. These mocks involve zero skill all the name calling and hate will not change my mind. Its virtually BPA all the time. Sorry guys just the facts, Thanks though.
Thanks for at least trying to pull your doucheness into the correct thread. The pick thread is unreadable and I'm getting 30 emails a day to see just 10 picks. This is a much bigger deal to me than the pace of the draft.

BPA all the time?? And that's easy??? Riiiiiight.... I think you don't realize what you're saying and are just caught in the heat of the moment. Way to disrespect the contest and the drafters. Just sit back, let the name calling slide, and enjoy the draft. These are incredibly difficult to win, trust me.

Its always easy to act like pace of the draft is not a problem when your not behind the guy who has timed out 3 times. Just saying. Checking in just to see no pick and pm to a full inbox. Like I said easy to talk pace when your not dealing with that, just saying. But its cool, hes got skill. He has won 5 titles, so it slides. You know, its a message board, posting in that thread is not possible more disrespectful then thinking a your time is more important than others. I just speak up, so I'm the goat for the band of brothers from '03/'04.

I looked at Brown with my last pick. I think Rivers is due for a top 7 finish again. SD is talking the talk right now about fixing the line. With getting Brown back plus the emergence of Alexander, the weapons are there. I think a Reggie Bush would be nice also to pair with Matthews but since the OL will need a ton of work, they will probably run out of cash but considering most mocks have them getting Fisher in round 1 and if this happens that takes care of the left side. Just need to add a couple in FA now.
I like Brown, he was reportedly going to be a focus of the pass offense before he got hurt, and both Floyd/Alexander have had trouble staying healthy. Going third among the SD WR is correct, but that could get turned upside very quickly.

What a tool
Different strokes for different folks. If you believe it's all luck, then I would suggest that you shouldn't waste your time participating. I would submit that this take much more skill than firing up the draft dominator and using weekly expert cheatsheets to set a lineup. We're actually having to do some of our own analysis and make oor own judgements to assemble a team.Lastly, I always welcome new guys and new perspectives to the mix. That said, for the most part the vets here are a great group of guys who have been helpful not only in the fantasy world, but in some real life stuff I've worked on. Don't piss on some of my friends.

What a tool
Different strokes for different folks. If you believe it's all luck, then I would suggest that you shouldn't waste your time participating. I would submit that this take much more skill than firing up the draft dominator and using weekly expert cheatsheets to set a lineup. We're actually having to do some of our own analysis and make oor own judgements to assemble a team.Lastly, I always welcome new guys and new perspectives to the mix. That said, for the most part the vets here are a great group of guys who have been helpful not only in the fantasy world, but in some real life stuff I've worked on. Don't piss on some of my friends.
This is a mock draft forum correct? I enjoy the mocks for the insight, and to see if I am lucky enough. Are we required to enjoy this a certain way? I play money leagues to win. This helps me get some insight. Now that I'm done explaining myself, lastly, I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to talk football, I have other vices to make friends. This is for football for me, thats why pace is more important to me.Like you said, different strokes, or did you not mean that?

I like Brown, he was reportedly going to be a focus of the pass offense before he got hurt, and both Floyd/Alexander have had trouble staying healthy. Going third among the SD WR is correct, but that could get turned upside very quickly.
Was debating Brown over Baldwin, but think that Bowe maybe leaving will propel Baldwin to at least Fantasy WR2/3 numbers. Brown is coming off a bad break, for some reasons i think thats worse than the ACLs now and days.

While I thought that Bowe was certainly on his way out, I seriously doubt that Bowe leaves with the new regime in town. Why not give them a chance? If they get a gun slinger in there at QB, no reason to think that Bowe won't be back to Top 15 fantasy status.

Telling Rudy he obviously has no idea how these work was pretty funny and pretty much summarizes the whole issue.

This is a mock draft forum correct? I enjoy the mocks for the insight, and to see if I am lucky enough. Are we required to enjoy this a certain way? I play money leagues to win. This helps me get some insight. Now that I'm done explaining myself, lastly, I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to talk football, I have other vices to make friends. This is for football for me, thats why pace is more important to me.Like you said, different strokes, or did you not mean that?
then maybe you should stop telling people not to participate? Especially owners like Rudy who have been doing these for years.these are message board drafts and are meant to go at a slow pace.

Love those last 2 Ref
thanks...we'll seein prepping for this Allen was on my radar as a late TE2 that I would be happy with...think he averaged over 10 points a week in this format last year, so with Finley and Gonzo in tow, and knowing I was going to take a 3rd in case Gonzo does really retire...Allen seemed like the perfect third guy...Bears DST...you never know about DST....but figured a bunch will go between this pick and my next so mind as well get a team that hopefully finishes in the upper tier...looked at the points from last year and: the top team (CHI) finished at 219 with an avg of 13.6 a week....last place (KC) finished with 69 with an average of 4.3....16th place (NYG) finished with 128 with an avg of 8.0 a week...so while they are hard to predict and the TD's can really sway the scoring....like anything it is nice to be maybe more towards the top then the bottom...those extra few points here or there on a given week could be the difference between first man out and last man standing... :banned:

All the guys I was looking at went between my last pick and this one. I was between Housler and Allen but went with the guy who has no competition instead but the lesser QB but hopefully Arizona improves OL I hate the Smith pick but looked like too good of value at where I got him. And no one else stood out as 5 guys I was looking at went between picks. Would Houlser of dropped instead. thought about D but they are inconsistent from year to year. Need 2.

2.03 Aaron Rodgers QB GB

3.14 Steven Jackson RB ?

5.14 David Wislon RB NYG

8.03 Willis McGahee RB DEN

10.03 Andre Brown RB NYG

13.13 Michael Bush RB CHI

1.14 Julio Jones WR ATL

4.03 Eric Decker WR DEN

6.03 DeSean Jackson WR PHI

14.03 Darrius Heyward-Bey WR OAK

7.14 Jermichael Finley TE GB

9.14 Tony Gonzalez TE

11.14 Dwayne Allen TE IND

12.03 Chicago DST

11.14 Allen: At this turn I knew I would be taking a DST but I also wanted Allen. Saw that TL only had one TE so thought I should go Allen first then get a DST. Had Allen targeted before the draft as a TE2 and was happy to get him here. I think he may improve on last years stats where he avg 10+ points a week in this format.

12.03 Chicago DST: basically just took a top tier DST here as the run would probably be starting.

13.13 Bush: Was still sitting with only 3 WR's since I hadn't taken one since round 6. So I was looking to address that position here at the turn but I wasn't pot committed to that. When I took Gonzo and made the committment to go 3 TE's I kind of broke it down that I would be going 2QB/5RB/6WR/3TE/2PK/2DST. I only had 4 RB rostered so I still needed one. Bush was too good to pass up here. He will get touches, Forte struggled a little at the goal line late in the year when Bush was out, so I think CHI likes his role there. Which means even if he doesn't pile up a bunch of carries and yards, he'll have those weeks where he crosses the goal line and maybe gives me a handful of points that I might need to count. Forte does get dinged on occasion so some potential for weeks where he carries the load, which is gravy. Was a little surprised to see Bush still available so this was pretty easy and a felt like a solid way to finish up my RB's.

14.03 DHB: I actually considered passing on WR again and taking a DST or a PK. But WR were starting to thin out pretty quick. DHB had a tough year last year and will will probably be asked to take a pay cut or he will be released. Either way, he still has some talent and has shown the ability to produce. Not a sexy pick, and unfortunately driven a little by need, but I'll take DHB as a WR4.

In my mind, I'm done at RB and TE. That could change and I could decide to fly solo at QB, PK, or DST, we'll see. I fully expect to have to address PK and DST at the next turn as I think the runs will be in effect, but also feel I could gamble with one of those picks and take value if it falls at another position and maybe still have some options at PK and DST in later rounds. Honestly, my only fear is that there seems to be more questions at PK this year then there has been in the past, so getting two "for sure" guys might be tough if you wait too long. If thats the case and I get stuck at the end of the PK run, I may just roll with one as I don't want to waste a pick on somebody who may not be on a team.

Translation: get those runs started so some WR's fall back to me

:banned:

First winter league for me, and in the middle draft spot I've been trying to guess which positions would be going at the turns to hopefully snag top players before they get snapped up during the turns. Did well at QB, TE and DEF. RBs aren't the worst bunch in our league. As for WRs... big misjudgement there. I figured a few later, but everyone drove deep into the WR pool early and often. So I changed gears some and figured I should try and get some top other positions to hopefully make up for my ragtag bunch of #3's... (and 4's doh)

First winter league for me, and in the middle draft spot I've been trying to guess which positions would be going at the turns to hopefully snag top players before they get snapped up during the turns. Did well at QB, TE and DEF. RBs aren't the worst bunch in our league. As for WRs... big misjudgement there. I figured a few later, but everyone drove deep into the WR pool early and often. So I changed gears some and figured I should try and get some top other positions to hopefully make up for my ragtag bunch of #3's... (and 4's doh)
lol...yeah tracking your draft has been kind of fun seeing all those blank spots in your WR section...you didn't take one till round 8....that may be a record in this start 3 WR format....

Way to hawk all the tight ends up you bums!! Guess I'm rolling with Rudolph and some no-name or has been for a backup.

That's the rough stuff with commentary... as often it can be read as draft directing/prompting...As there aren't even 32 TE's drafted yet (1 per NFL team), and some teams have had a couple go. Not to mention about half a dozen teams still sitting with just 1 TE too.So it seems you want to have those single TE teams on this end to pass on the last couple starting ones so by the other end one will still be available... Just my 2-cents... :)

QB - Ryan, Matt ATLQB - Vick, Michael PHII like Ryan as a top 5 QB next year especially with another year of experience under Julios belt. A lot of weapons and a faster backfield likely with Turner out makes the screen game more a part of the passing game. Vick resigning with Philly is HUGE. He may not play every game, but he will start many.RB - Foster, Arian HOURB - Williams, DeAngelo CARRB - Mendenhall, Rashard PITRB - James, LaMichael SFORB - Jones, Felix DALFoster, he is 2 RBs in one as far as production is concerned and Williams and Mendenhall will land with other teams that will use them more than they were used last year. Both still have miles left and can produce at high levels. James is a high upside guy and Jones is value in the late rounds.WR - Welker, Wes NEPWR - Jennings, Greg GBPWR - Wallace, Mike PITWR - Baldwin, Jon KCCHonestly this has potential to be lethal. Welker is a ppr hoss and will resign because Brady says so.Jennings will land somewhere as a #1 and Wallace will too. Both demand the ball and have high porduction values. Baldwin is a soon to be #1 WR with High upside, just hope its this year. Bowe is out, Reid does not want headaches.TE - Davis, Vernon SFOTE - Kendricks, Lance STLDavis was extreme value and Kendricks is just a backup.Defense - AtlantaDefense - DetroitHonestly, didnt think Atlanta is who I would get at DEF1 waiting so late.

Not sure how I feel about this team yet. These winter leagues are always a bear.8 Andrew Luck --- I think Luck is a Top 5 QB going forward. Kid is the most complete package I've ever seen at QB.Geno Smith --- Definitely has huge upside as a backup/bye week filler. Should be the #1 QB of the class and that usually means he's a day one starter.10 Jamaal Charles -- Another Top 5 at the position IMO. Things only get better without HIllis and the coaching and front office changes.9 Mikel Leshoure -- Great first season off injury, capable #2 with upside. Last season we saw the power, this year, I want to see the speed.6 Lamar Miller --- All the rave about this kid right now. Is it hype? We shall see.Joe Randle --- Totally depends where he lands, but I certainly like him.11 Dez Bryant -- Potential #1 WR in football this year.4 Randall Cobb --- Target machine. Welker 2.0 with better everything. Plus Jennings gone, we might have a monster in GB.7 Denarius Moore --- Disappointing season, but things should get better. Retaining Palmer is key IMO.9 Ryan Broyles --- Love this kid's upside as a #2 WR in DET. Get healthy and stay that way!9 Rueben Randle --- Total flier, but off chance one of Nicks or Cruz isn't resigned, you're looking at the SOD.5 Kyle Rudolph -- Top 5 Dynasty TE. Let's see if he and Ponder get things rolling.9 Joel Dreesen --- Scrub backup with Peyton slinging, capable of a few starts.11 Dan Bailey --- An accurate kicker that should keep his job.9 Giants DST --- Solid9 Cardinals DST --- SolidA few misses I won't discuss until after, but all in all, I like this young squad.

QB Phillip Rivers(5), Joe Flacco(6)RB Matt Forte(2), Mark Ingram(8), Beanie Wells(9)WR AJ Green(1), Micheal Crabtree(3), Marques Colston(4), Greg LIttle(10)TE: Jermaine Gresham(7) Rob Housler(11), Zach Miller(12)D: Pitt D(13), SL(14)PK: Greg Zeurlein(15), Mason Crosby(16)I am very happy with the look of this team so far. Love waiting on QB this year as think both of the guys I took offer good value and both will outperform there draft position next yearSolid #1 RB. Couple of interesting guys at 2 or 3. Both have huge potential but can they live up to itWR unit is excellent. It think Crabtree will remain a force and Green next to Calvin is easy guy to take. Colston is a big play guy and hopefully Little will play a little better this year. Not great but he will do in the 10th. Need more but I like the 4TE. The top guys are gone and the next tier is pretty huge. See how it goes. I wanted Finley and he was a huge consideration over Gresham but thought better chance he would drop. Wrong. I really like Housler if they improve at QB and Zach Miller played much better at end of the season. Amazed I seem like the only guy that really likes him looking at other draftsD; Pitt will rebound as they usually do. #1 or 2 D just a year ago. Has it really dropped that far. I like the Rams as a big play D chance also and these pair well. DId not want to be the guy stuck with a bad DPK: I love both of them and they are assured jobs next year which alot of owners will be forced down to 1. Of course I could get unlucky like this year where the WSL1 winner got his PK at the end of the season and beat me. How he made it that far is beyond me but than I dont know how I did either. Most of the picks was who I coveted. I decided I was going WR in round 1 and hoped for Calvin but knew that was a pipe dream. Glad AJ was there because I probably go Forte and than come back with AJ JOhnson. I was glad to see Johnson in round 2. Round 3 was going to be one of many WR's but I choose Crabtree out of the mix. Any one just drafting ahead of him might have been taken. Round 4 was whoever and I went with BAP as RB's I liked later I could get and I got them. The rest has gone as plan. I hoped for Rivers/Flacco combo in round 5-6 from the get go. TE in the 7th was my next plan no matter what. There is a huge tier here again. But that tier was gone by pick 8.5 and thus the next tier had quite a few names. Almost went TE in 10th but League 1 draft has impacted me and hope the guys I want drop to the next round for me. They did in Houlser and Miller. I wanted to wait on PK till they went but once they started, I knew I wanted to grab 2. If Crosby had not been available, I had a sleeper I liked and we will see if he goes or not.

QB - Ryan, Matt ATLQB - Vick, Michael PHII like Ryan as a top 5 QB next year especially with another year of experience under Julios belt. A lot of weapons and a faster backfield likely with Turner out makes the screen game more a part of the passing game. Vick resigning with Philly is HUGE. He may not play every game, but he will start many.RB - Foster, Arian HOURB - Williams, DeAngelo CARRB - Mendenhall, Rashard PITRB - James, LaMichael SFORB - Jones, Felix DALFoster, he is 2 RBs in one as far as production is concerned and Williams and Mendenhall will land with other teams that will use them more than they were used last year. Both still have miles left and can produce at high levels. James is a high upside guy and Jones is value in the late rounds.WR - Welker, Wes NEPWR - Jennings, Greg GBPWR - Wallace, Mike PITWR - Baldwin, Jon KCCHonestly this has potential to be lethal. Welker is a ppr hoss and will resign because Brady says so.Jennings will land somewhere as a #1 and Wallace will too. Both demand the ball and have high porduction values. Baldwin is a soon to be #1 WR with High upside, just hope its this year. Bowe is out, Reid does not want headaches.TE - Davis, Vernon SFOTE - Kendricks, Lance STLDavis was extreme value and Kendricks is just a backup.Defense - AtlantaDefense - DetroitHonestly, didnt think Atlanta is who I would get at DEF1 waiting so late.
QB an obvious strength.Agree that DeAngelo and Mendenhall still have mileage left, and DeAngelo has a good chance to get more work elsewhere. Mendenhall.... we'll see.Welker should re-sign, but who knows what direction NE will go there. If they can get Amendola at half the price or draft someone like Tavon Austin, they could replace Welker. He dropped a ton of balls this year and the org has been reluctant to commit to him long term. In no way would I assume Bowe is out. He and Hunt seem close and I believe that Reid liked Bowe in the 08 draft. Davis could be value if Walker leaves in FA, but remember he stiil caught a grand total of six passes in the last six regular season games, and that's with Ck at QB...

Not sure how I feel about this team yet. These winter leagues are always a bear. Andrew Luck --- I think Luck is a Top 5 QB going forward. Kid is the most complete package I've ever seen at QB. Geno Smith --- Definitely has huge upside as a backup/bye week filler. Should be the #1 QB of the class and that usually means he's a day one starter. Jamaal Charles -- Another Top 5 at the position IMO. Things only get better without HIllis and the coaching and front office changes. Mikel Leshoure -- Great first season off injury, capable #2 with upside. Last season we saw the power, this year, I want to see the speed. Lamar Miller --- All the rave about this kid right now. Is it hype? We shall see. Joe Randle --- Totally depends where he lands, but I certainly like him. Dez Bryant -- Potential #1 WR in football this year. Randall Cobb --- Target machine. Welker 2.0 with better everything. Plus Jennings gone, we might have a monster in GB. Denarius Moore --- Disappointing season, but things should get better. Retaining Palmer is key IMO. Ryan Broyles --- Love this kid's upside as a #2 WR in DET. Get healthy and stay that way!Rueben Randle --- Total flier, but off chance one of Nicks or Cruz isn't resigned, you're looking at the SOD. Kyle Rudolph -- Top 5 Dynasty TE. Let's see if he and Ponder get things rolling. Joel Dreesen --- Scrub backup with Peyton slinging, capable of a few starts. Dan Bailey --- An accurate kicker that should keep his job. Giants DST --- SolidCardinals DST --- SolidA few misses I won't discuss until after, but all in all, I like this young squad.
solid @ QB. agree on Smith starting earlyRB depth is an issue, although Miller could be a home run.Moore is interesting, love the talent, but seems to be on the outs in OAK. Broyles won't contribute early. Nicks is under contract and Cruz is an RFA, so outside of a Cruz holdout, or the Giants letting someone sign him away in exchange for a first, I don't see SOD in Randle's 2013 outlook.Rudolph is a solid #1 TE, but will likely give you some meager weeks unless Harvin is traded.

QB Phillip Rivers(5), Joe Flacco(6)RB Matt Forte(2), Mark Ingram(8), Beanie Wells(9)WR AJ Green(1), Micheal Crabtree(3), Marques Colston(4), Greg LIttle(10)TE: Jermaine Gresham(7) Rob Housler(11), Zach Miller(12)D: Pitt D(13), SL(14)PK: Greg Zeurlein(15), Mason Crosby(16)I am very happy with the look of this team so far. Love waiting on QB this year as think both of the guys I took offer good value and both will outperform there draft position next yearSolid #1 RB. Couple of interesting guys at 2 or 3. Both have huge potential but can they live up to itWR unit is excellent. It think Crabtree will remain a force and Green next to Calvin is easy guy to take. Colston is a big play guy and hopefully Little will play a little better this year. Not great but he will do in the 10th. Need more but I like the 4TE. The top guys are gone and the next tier is pretty huge. See how it goes. I wanted Finley and he was a huge consideration over Gresham but thought better chance he would drop. Wrong. I really like Housler if they improve at QB and Zach Miller played much better at end of the season. Amazed I seem like the only guy that really likes him looking at other draftsD; Pitt will rebound as they usually do. #1 or 2 D just a year ago. Has it really dropped that far. I like the Rams as a big play D chance also and these pair well. DId not want to be the guy stuck with a bad DPK: I love both of them and they are assured jobs next year which alot of owners will be forced down to 1. Of course I could get unlucky like this year where the WSL1 winner got his PK at the end of the season and beat me. How he made it that far is beyond me but than I dont know how I did either. Most of the picks was who I coveted. I decided I was going WR in round 1 and hoped for Calvin but knew that was a pipe dream. Glad AJ was there because I probably go Forte and than come back with AJ JOhnson. I was glad to see Johnson in round 2. Round 3 was going to be one of many WR's but I choose Crabtree out of the mix. Any one just drafting ahead of him might have been taken. Round 4 was whoever and I went with BAP as RB's I liked later I could get and I got them. The rest has gone as plan. I hoped for Rivers/Flacco combo in round 5-6 from the get go. TE in the 7th was my next plan no matter what. There is a huge tier here again. But that tier was gone by pick 8.5 and thus the next tier had quite a few names. Almost went TE in 10th but League 1 draft has impacted me and hope the guys I want drop to the next round for me. They did in Houlser and Miller. I wanted to wait on PK till they went but once they started, I knew I wanted to grab 2. If Crosby had not been available, I had a sleeper I liked and we will see if he goes or not.
like what you did at QB a lot. I should have taken my committee 5/6 instead of 6/7.RB could be a problem. Ingram is hit and miss, and Wells might be irrelevant in ARI.WR is an obvious major strength, just need to keep your fingers crossed that you don't get hit by injuries TE is solid. I think you stole Miller, and Housler could be a steady passcatcher in that offense. Pitt is no longer a playmaking defense. Harrison is gone and Troy is a shell of his old self. Still a fine pick at DST13

6.7 Jay Cutler7.10 Ryan Tannehill2.7 Demarco Murray8.7 Shane Vereen9.10 Pierre Thomas10.7 Daryl Richardson12.7 DuJuan Harris16.7 Mike Tolbert3.10 Victor Cruz4.7 Pierre Garcon5.10 TY Hilton11.10 Vincent Brown13.10 Marvin Jones14.7 Josh Morgan1.10 Rob Gronkowski15.10 PHI D
Happy to add Jones, Morgan, and Brown in second half of draft. All are on the rise, and Jones/Morgan should start. Tolbert is very underrated in this format as DeAngelo Williams is a decent bet to move on, and Tolbert is an excellent passcatcher and goal-line back. Added Harris in the 12th as a what the heck pick because Green Bay doesn't have an incumbent back on the roster and he looked better than Starks or Green last year. As always going minimal on defenses and kicker.

6.7 Jay Cutler

7.10 Ryan Tannehill

2.7 Demarco Murray

8.7 Shane Vereen

9.10 Pierre Thomas

10.7 Daryl Richardson

12.7 DuJuan Harris

16.7 Mike Tolbert

3.10 Victor Cruz

4.7 Pierre Garcon

5.10 TY Hilton

11.10 Vincent Brown

13.10 Marvin Jones

14.7 Josh Morgan

1.10 Rob Gronkowski

15.10 PHI D
Happy to add Jones, Morgan, and Brown in second half of draft. All are on the rise, and Jones/Morgan should start. Tolbert is very underrated in this format as DeAngelo Williams is a decent bet to move on, and Tolbert is an excellent passcatcher and goal-line back. Added Harris in the 12th as a what the heck pick because Green Bay doesn't have an incumbent back on the roster and he looked better than Starks or Green last year. As always going minimal on defenses and kicker.
Minimal might mean a weekly 0 at kicker if you wait too long this year.

I looked at Tolbert instead of Crosby and hoped he would last a round longer. Some other interesting names out there but he was top of my list. PK is tricky this year. So many jobs will be open and who knows who wins. Like 40 guys vying for the 32 spots. Why I went with another PK I await to see what happens and see if I should have gone with Plan B instead of getting 2 of my top 5 PK`s this year. Could be zero at PK and crap at D with only Philly. Will this work to the end. Agreed, I would have been happy with Big Ben-Cutler over what you have and another deficit for your team

My team is... eh, not sure yet what to make of it.

QB: T Romo, C Ponder

** Romo may not be elite, but he'll get me 25-30 TDs. Ponder isn't great, but if Harvin sticks around and Rudolph can duplicate his 2012 stats, then he could be a sleeper. I don't expect him to outscore Romo too often anyway.

RB: R Bush, E Lacy, M Turner, B Brown

** Definitely the weak spot. Some upside, but not too sure what to make of it. A lot hinges on where Bush and Lacy end up, and if Turner doesn't get mired in a total 50-50 split. Brown could see some decent action under Chip Kelly.

WR: B Marshall, D Thomas, L Moore, A Roberts

** Loving my first 3 WRs. Lot of receptions there. Roberts could be a steal, especially if AZ lands a better QB (like Alex Smith). Depth is a weakness though.

TE: A Gates, M Lewis

** By the time I got around to a TE it was pretty lukewarm. Gates is certainly not the Gates of 5 years ago, but he'll still produce. Lewis is a wildcard. No idea if we'll see the 2010 version or the 2011 version.

K: G Hartley, S Janikowski

DST: RAVENS, JETS

** Two solid kickers and two solid DSTs. I should get decent points out of both nearly every week.

6.12 QB - M. Schaub. Texans7.05 QB - C. Palmer, Raiders1.05 RB - R. Rice, Ravens5.05 RB - R. Matthews, Chargers10.12 RB - D. Thomas, Dolphins13.05 RB - D. Woodhead, Patriots2.12 WR - R. White. Falcons3.05 WR - J. Nelson. Packers4.12 WR - D. Bowe, Chiefs 11.05 WR - M. Floyd, Chargers12.12 WR - N. Washington, Titans8.12 TE - H. Miller, Steelers9.05 TE - J. Tamme, Broncos16.12 K - S. Suisham, Steelers17.05 K - R. Succop, Chiefs14.12 D/ST - Miami15.05 D/ST - Tampa BayI'll add commentary at the end.

I can understand if we're dragging well past that timeframe and run rate but we're just slightly past 3 weeks right now. Do we really need to cut the clock to 4 hours? It isn't remotely necessary.
We we're. Clocks adjested, problem solved. Now right on target of 4 week finish.
Moved this from the draft thread. We weren't dragging at a dreadfully slow pace. We started out slow, which can happen because people don't check in and know we've started so the first 2 rounds took 5-6 days. But after that we were doing a round per day. By the end of round 9, we were on pace to complete this in 31 days and would probably have finished sooner with the current pace after the slow start.

We missed your target date (round 9 done 2/5) by 1 day, which shouldn't be a huge deal. Knowing this is an 8 hours clock and 20 rounds, a 4-5 week time frame should be fine. I just don't think decreasing the clock had anything to do with us speeding up the pace of the draft. On a side note, I like the 6 hour clock instead of 8 hours.

With that said, I do appreciate you organizing the drafts and making sure the drafts are moving along. I really enjoy them and would definitely miss them if they stopped. But just because a couple drafts over the last 10 years turned into a cluster#### and took forever to complete, doesn't mean we need to micro manage the time and pace of each draft. :2cents:

I can understand if we're dragging well past that timeframe and run rate but we're just slightly past 3 weeks right now. Do we really need to cut the clock to 4 hours? It isn't remotely necessary.
We we're. Clocks adjested, problem solved. Now right on target of 4 week finish.
Moved this from the draft thread. We weren't dragging at a dreadfully slow pace. We started out slow, which can happen because people don't check in and know we've started so the first 2 rounds took 5-6 days. But after that we were doing a round per day. By the end of round 9, we were on pace to complete this in 31 days and would probably have finished sooner with the current pace after the slow start.

We missed your target date (round 9 done 2/5) by 1 day, which shouldn't be a huge deal. Knowing this is an 8 hours clock and 20 rounds, a 4-5 week time frame should be fine. I just don't think decreasing the clock had anything to do with us speeding up the pace of the draft. On a side note, I like the 6 hour clock instead of 8 hours.

With that said, I do appreciate you organizing the drafts and making sure the drafts are moving along. I really enjoy them and would definitely miss them if they stopped. But just because a couple drafts over the last 10 years turned into a cluster#### and took forever to complete, doesn't mean we need to micro manage the time and pace of each draft. :2cents:
what if we....ahhh...nevermind..... :banned:

All doneQB Phillip Rivers(5), Joe Flacco(6), Blaine Gabbert(20)RB Matt Forte(2), Mark Ingram(8), Beanie Wells(9), Chris Ivory(17), Mike Gillesse(19)WR AJ Green(1), Micheal Crabtree(3), Marques Colston(4), Greg LIttle(10), Lavon Bravill(18)TE: Jermaine Gresham(7) Rob Housler(11), Zach Miller(12)D: Pitt D(13), SL(14)PK: Greg Zeurlein(15), Mason Crosby(16)I am very happy with the look of this team so far. Love waiting on QB this year as think both of the guys I took offer good value and both will outperform there draft position next year. Gabbert was not needed and probably a waste of a pick but to me it screamed value. I think the young kid can become very good and read where he would be probably pick 1 if available in this draft. I will score well hereSolid #1 RB. Couple of interesting guys at 2 or 3. Both have huge potential but can they live up to it. This area is my weakest for sure but hopefully Ivory can sigh somewhere or the rookie can do something(Thought about Alex Green at the pick also) or Ingram or Beanie can live up to the potential as this might determine how far I goWR unit is excellent. It think Crabtree will remain a force and Green next to Calvin is easy guy to take. Colston is a big play guy and hopefully Little will play a little better this year. Not great but he will do in the 10th. Need more but I like the 4. Bravill is a guy I expect to get better this year and see more than Hilton who was drafted way early. The issue with this group is injury. My top 3 are as good as any in the league and top 4 are up there but lacks depthTE. The top guys are gone and the next tier is pretty huge. See how it goes. I wanted Finley and he was a huge consideration over Gresham but thought better chance he would drop. Wrong. I really like Housler if they improve at QB and Zach Miller played much better at end of the season. Amazed I seem like the only guy that really likes him looking at other draftsD; Pitt will rebound as they usually do. #1 or 2 D just a year ago. Has it really dropped that far. I like the Rams as a big play D chance also and these pair well. DId not want to be the guy stuck with a bad DPK: I love both of them and they are assured jobs next year which alot of owners will be forced down to 1. Of course I could get unlucky like this year where the WSL1 winner got his PK at the end of the season and beat me. How he made it that far is beyond me but than I dont know how I did either.Most of the picks was who I coveted. I decided I was going WR in round 1 and hoped for Calvin but knew that was a pipe dream. Glad AJ was there because I probably go Forte and than come back with AJ JOhnson. I was glad to see Johnson in round 2. Round 3 was going to be one of many WR's but I choose Crabtree out of the mix. Any one just drafting ahead of him might have been taken. Round 4 was whoever and I went with BAP as RB's I liked later I could get and I got them. The rest has gone as plan. I hoped for Rivers/Flacco combo in round 5-6 from the get go. TE in the 7th was my next plan no matter what. There is a huge tier here again. But that tier was gone by pick 8.5 and thus the next tier had quite a few names. Almost went TE in 10th but League 1 draft has impacted me and hope the guys I want drop to the next round for me. They did in Houlser and Miller. I wanted to wait on PK till they went but once they started, I knew I wanted to grab 2. If Crosby had not been available, I had a sleeper I liked and we will see if he goes or not. The end of the draft had no one really popping out to me. A few guys I was going to draft, got taken between my picks. Overall I like the team but the end of the draft was not that strong. A Tolbert really would have made my RB crew look much better.

Bob Griffen 4Andy Dalton 6Verry happy with this pairing. I guess I am not as scared by Griffen as most as I would have taken him 5th. Waiting for qb's was nice with getting Dalton as my 2. LeSean McCoy 1Stevan Ridley 3Knowshon Moreno 9Bernard Pierce 11Jason Snelling 20McCoy and Ridley should be a solid pair. I like the pairing of Moreno/Pierce at 3 and 4. Hoping for a few td's out of Snelling with Turner/Gonzo perhaps not being around.Andre Johnson 2Cecil Shorts 5Brandon Lloyd 7Brandon LaFell 10Jerome Simpson 18Harry Douglas 19Love having AJ and I imagine that I have Shorts a lot higher than most. He is 18 (top of a big tier)for me which was why I felt comfortable waiting on wr. I think between Lloyd,Lafell,Simpson, and Douglas that I should be ok at wr3. Brandon Myers 8Zach Ertz 12Scott Chandler 15Myers and Chandler should provide reasonably steady production in a ppr league. Ertz is a gamble hoping he lands on the right team.sd 13min 14Steven Hauschka 16Nick Novak 17

QBJosh FreemanRussell WilsonI like this combo. I think Wilson has the ability to avoid the sophomore slump and will continue to improve on an impressive rookie season. He has the maturity to stay focused and continue to make his teammates better. Now that Freeman has the talent around him he should be able to be a top 12-15 QB.RBFred JacksonTrent RichardsonAhmed BradshawRonnie HillmanJon DwyerDarrel YoungWith Trent at the top I should have a top 2-3 producer at RB. Like FJax at the end of the 9th but there is a question about coming back from injury and the continued emergence of CJ Spiller. He should continue to get his touches especially in the RedZone. Took Bradshaw right before I found out he was cut and I didn't realize Wilson was still on the board :wall: Bradshaw should get the chance to get a lot of touches somewhere, but is again an injury concern. I think Hillman will continue to improve as he learns more this off season and Manning continues to get him the ball in proper situations out in space. Dwyer and Young should be guys that can score 3-6 TD's this year and just getting those 6 points in a week could put them in my starting lineup. Overall, I like this group as I should get consistent production out of TRich and then consistently get 1-2 starter points each week from the rest of the group.WRLarry FitzgeraldTitus YoungDoug BaldwinBrian HartlineKendall WrightMohamed SanuDavid GettisNot huge on this group, but do think I have a nice mix of vets that should produce and some young guys that could become every week starters. Love the value I got with Fitz and hope to see a solid QB end up in the desert that should return Fitz to a top 5 role. Baldwin and Hartline are solid vets that should be high target guys on their teams. Wright and Sanu should really be able to step up and continue to improve their games and receive single coverage while receivers on the other side of the field get more attention. Young is the protypical head case with top talent but a brain that could have him out of the league soon. Gettis was a flyer late in the draft with the hope that he can become the #2 or #3 in an offense that continues to lean more and more on Cam Newton.TEAaron HernandezCoby FleenerLike this combo with Hernandez being a stud even with another stud TE on his team's roster. Brady gets his favorite toys and continues to play with them while they are out there. Will be a big boost if Welker leaves, but could take a little hit if Harvin ends up there as some of the rumors are leaning towards. Fleener will continue to develop as his young QB continues to distribute the ball around the field.KJustin TuckerRandy BullockTucker will be involved with a team that continues to transition to more of an offensive team than the defensive team it was in the past. Houston seemed ready to hand over their kicking duties to arookie last year before an injury and he should easily beat out Graham in camp this year.DEFGreen BayTaking a chance here with only 1 defense and I may get zero support from this position this year. Didn't take the last defense on the board (JAX) and took a chance at another RB with the hope and thought that I would get more important/timely production than I would from a team that should continue to be very poor defensively.Overall I like this team. I was able to get lots of depth at RB and WR and solid talent at QB and TE.

STINKIN REF:2.03 Aaron Rodgers QB1 GB20.03 Mark Sanchez QB35 NYJRodgers needs to stay healthy and keep the duds to a minimum. If I wanted a legit backup I had to pull the trigger by round 6 or 7, but it never felt right as I needed to address WR and TE there. To be honest I was banking on Vick making it to round 9. Thought he was the type of explosive guy that would pair well with a stud. In hindsight, I should have pulled the trigger on him in round 8 instead of McGahee, but at the time of my pick, the word seemed to be that it will probably be McGahee’s job to lose next year and there are some points to be had in the DEN backfield if you hit the right guy. I still feel that Vick is being undervalued in these. Had I taken Vick I may have still been able to get McGahee, I don’t know. Wouldn’t have been thrilled with what was left to choose from at RB late in round 9. If McGahee is the primary guy, it might pay off as he will probably score more weeks then Vick would have with Rodgers in tow, but I definitely would have liked seeing Vick’s name above instead of Sanchez. Got the best QB, so it could be worse.3.14 Steven Jackson R19B ?5.14 David Wilson RB26 NYG8.03 Willis McGahee RB32 DEN10.03 Andre Brown RB44 NYG13.13 Michael Bush RB63 CHIBanking on Jackson finding the promised land and having one of those years for the ages. Hoping he signs in an offense where he can produce. He has always been one of my favorite players even though he is not a fantasy stud and I haven’t owned him that often. Am glad to kind of have the current NYG running game on lockdown, this should be solid RB2 points one way or the other. Bradshaw getting released just prior to my 10th round pick was pretty sweet. Touched on McGahee already, but he could really be the “swing pick” of my draft. Bush as RB63 in the 13th seems criminal and a great way to round out this group. Not sure if people forgot about him or if I am missing something, but he seemed like a much better pick then several guys that went in front of him. I really thought I must have missed him getting hit by a bus or something after looking at the guys who went before him. Crippler commented about Forte being a “solid #1”, I am not of that opinion. He seems to get dinged, and even when he doesn’t Bush will steal the goal line love. Bush can score for me on a week where he only gets 3 carries. Think Crippler may have dropped the ball by not snagging Bush by 13.12, not sure if he was planning on it in round 14, but Bush screamed value to me when he was still there where I got him. I like the potential of this group.1.14 Julio Jones WR3 ATL4.03 Eric Decker WR17 DEN6.03 DeSean Jackson W35R PHI14.03 Darrius Heyward-Bey WR71 OAK15.14 Jacoby Jones WR76 BAL19.14 David Nelson WR94 BUFJones has the look of a top 5 guy for the next several years so a solid start. Decker is a solid WR2 and had the second most TD’s by a WR. So he is a TD threat as well as a high catch guy. Commented earlier that I liked him more than some of the guys that went off the board in his area, but didn’t want to expand on that at the time. I think his upside is higher than Colston, and I like him more then Nicks and Garcon because of stability. Wayne was a consideration but again I like Decker’s upside better. Prefer Decker to Crabtree, Harvin, and Jackson, who were taken earlier. Locked in #2 or 1A depending on how you look at it, in a Peyton Manning offense. I ‘ll take it. Jackson could be a steal at WR35, I think he out produces that and is a solid WR3 in this format behind two weekly studs. He may get the ball in his hands a ton and not just through the air. Jackson and the other three guys should give me a good shot at a solid WR3 score each week. I’m about ready to jump on the Philly fantasy train as I think Kelly will bring a new energy to that entire team, including the defense, with his new style. IMO, all PHI fantasy guys are being undervalued right now in a big way (Vick, McCoy, Jackson, etc.). DHB, Jones, and Nelson aren’t too bad for not addressing the WR position for about 8 rounds. Like Jones to have those big games, DHB could be a hit or dud, and even coming off an ACL injury it looks like BUF plans to have Nelson be a major part of the WR crew having parted ways with Jones. 6’5” red zone guy. Depth could be an issue here, but the price I had to pay for drafting Gonzo and Bush.7.14 Jermichael Finley TE12 GB9.14 Tony Gonzalez TE2111.14 Dwayne Allen TE27 INDAllen was a guy I had highlighted on my sheet before this draft started. Like him a ton. Gonzo pick could be gold and a totally luxury pick. Even if he retires, I still like my TE group. Kind of hearing that he may come back. Finley may or may not be back in GB, honestly I didn’t know that was a possibility. I thought they liked how he turned things around after pouting for a while. My guess would be is that if he doesn’t return, he won’t be unemployed long. In a 2PPR league this group could cover some occasional down weeks elsewhere with some big weeks and 3 solid guys to choose from.16.03 Lawrence Tynes PK10 FA17.14 Rian Lindell PK29 BUF12.03 CHI DST418.03 IND DS29TTotal crap here except CHI was #1 DST last year, so hopefully they stay up in that area and Tynes was #2 PK, so hopefully he resigns. One would think INDY will look to address the defense since they have a playoff quality team.Overall: My initial plan going in this year was to try and take guys early from I what I consider to be high performing offensive teams. I didn’t want to be trying to squeeze fantasy points out of guys who were on teams that didn’t put up many of them to begin with. I feel like I was able to accomplish that through the first 13 rounds with Jackson being the wild card. After that it was kind of a crap shoot, but I do like my Jacoby Jones pick. Possible huge mistake in not backing Rodgers up sooner, cause everybody lays an egg, but hopefully I can cover his down weeks elsewhere. Had some thoughts of rolling solo at QB, PK, or DST but decided not to. Honestly I feel I am pretty strong in a 1-2-3-1-1-1 weekly format. Weakness is definitely WR4-WR6 and backup QB/PK/DST. But I can live with that, or hopefully at least survive.Enjoyed it…can’t wait for next draft….good luck..... :banned:

Honestly I feel I am pretty strong in a 1-2-3-1-1-1 weekly format. Weakness is definitely WR4-WR6 and backup QB/PK/DST. But I can live with that, or hopefully at least survive.
I like this team. No obvious stud @ RB, but solid depth everywhere but QB. I can only imagine your feelings when you realized you were getting stuck with Sanchez as QB2... :( :no: :hot: :rant: :cry: :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread