What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

## OFFICIAL ## Taylor Swift thread (2 Viewers)

She got artist of the decade the other night at an awards show and her bf wasn't there. 

That's odd, no?

Even at "pretty average", being a musical superstar adds points to your looks score. Just sayin'...
She was pasty white skinny goody two shoes.

Now she's pasty white trailer trash ho.  Looks fun, except she'll write a song about you when you finish

Teddy Stickles said:
Yes.  I didn't know much about her until I watched.  She rocks.
Devils advocate here:  This is a Taylor sanctioned documentary.  Everything flowed throw her to help her control the narrative and change the perception of her.  Same thing with the hillary doc coming out.

Why are you so upset over this?   It's art. 
Sure it's art. But seems a little off complaining about male power from arguably the most powerful performer in music.You could argue she wouldn't be in her position of power if she was a man. Her career is build off being an idol to young girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure it's art. But seems a little off complaining about male power from arguably the most powerful performer in music.You could argue she wouldn't be in her position of power if she was a man. Her career is build off being an idol to young girls.
Why on earth would I even attempt to argue that?  Why are we arguing at all?  She's an artist that appeals to both genders across all ages and is probably the greatest songwriter of her generation, regardless of gender.  It's a music video that was intended to stir some emotions.   Seems like she hit her mark.  Again.

Why on earth would I even attempt to argue that?  Why are we arguing at all?  She's an artist that appeals to both genders across all ages and is probably the greatest songwriter of her generation, regardless of gender.  It's a music video that was intended to stir some emotions.   Seems like she hit her mark.  Again.
As a rich white girl from a middle class family I am sure her life was hardscrabble. 

General Malaise said:
I'm a fan, but c'mon. And have you ever seen how many others get writing credits on her stuff?

I'm a fan, but c'mon. And have you ever seen how many others get writing credits on her stuff?
Rolling Stone put her on their 100 greatest songwriters of all time.  :shrug:

Many singer-songwriters reach the point where they have too many great tunes to fit into a live show. Taylor Swift reached that peak before she turned 21. And then she just kept going. She might be the youngest artist on this list — as you may have heard, she was born in 1989, the year Green Day released their first record. But she's already written two or three careers' worth of keepers. "Hi, I'm Taylor," she told the crowds on her Red tour. "I write songs about my feelings. I'm told I have a lot of feelings." Swift's first three albums display her emotional yet uncommonly inventive country style — even early hits like "Our Song" and "Tim McGraw" sound like nobody else. (Only she could slip the line "Any snide remarks from my father about your tattoos will be ignored" into a teen romance like "Ours.") But she's really hit her stride with the pop mastery of Red and 1989, especially on confessional ballads like "Clean" and "All Too Well." There's no limit to where she can go from here.
So.......yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread