What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (3 Viewers)

I continue to be a regular Jeopardy! viewer but the game is a lot less exciting now that James is gone.  
I like it better without him as there's actually some uncertainty who might win at the end. With James, the game was almost always over early in Double Jeopardy.

But I do look forward to seeing him compete in the next Tournament of Champions.

What WB posted above is somewhat amazing.

approximately 14.5 million people tuned in on June 3 to witness Holzhauer’s defeat after 32 straight victories. Holzhauer’s final television appearance topped U.S. viewing numbers for the first four games of the NBA Finals between Toronto and Golden State, and he garnered more viewers than the initial airing of the series finale of “Game of Thrones.

I can understand why they might not get Mick or Mondonna due to their age. I was really surprised when none of them got Liberia though. 

brun said:
I can understand why they might not get Mick or Mondonna due to their age. I was really surprised when none of them got Liberia though. 
If you would have given me 50 guesses, I wouldn't come up with Liberia.  

Liberia was easy. It was a country founded by former US slaves. Of course the first presidents were former Americans. 

Canada doesn't even have a president. They have a prime minister. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never seen a tie like that before. Hate that it came down to buzzer speed.  Maybe a different FJ question where they re-wager to break a tie would be more fair.  

I've never seen a tie like that before. Hate that it came down to buzzer speed.  Maybe a different FJ question where they re-wager to break a tie would be more fair.  
Yeah, but that leaves open the possibility of another tie. Unlike pro sports, Jeopardy needs to squeeze the results into their half-hour time slot, so they need sudden death. Buzzer speed is a part of the game, even though you have to feel for the kid who was a split-second slow.

My favorite was the last teen tournament or maybe the one before that had a category about on screen deaths. One of the questions was about how a character on Game of Thrones dies. All the kids stared blankly. None of those kids are watching Game of Thrones. 1, it's not on Netflix and 2, parents aren't letting their teens watch that sort of debauchery. 

My favorite was the last teen tournament or maybe the one before that had a category about on screen deaths. One of the questions was about how a character on Game of Thrones dies. All the kids stared blankly. None of those kids are watching Game of Thrones. 1, it's not on Netflix and 2, parents aren't letting their teens watch that sort of debauchery. 
You reminded me of one of the old Kids tournaments. 

The 4 remaining categories were something like Video Games, Baseball, Movies and Opera.

The kid went straight to the Opera one and went through it all. I realized then that these are not your normal, next door kids. 

You reminded me of one of the old Kids tournaments. 

The 4 remaining categories were something like Video Games, Baseball, Movies and Opera.

The kid went straight to the Opera one and went through it all. I realized then that these are not your normal, next door kids. 
Oh, I agree on that, but just because they are smarter than 99% of the kids out there, they should not be exposed to the debauchery and masochism of Game of Thrones and all of their parents agree as none of them had a clue how one of the major deaths happened in GOT. Like one of the top 4 deaths of the entire series. These kids knowing opera is good. These kids knowing what happens if Petyr Baelish's brothel is not. 

Eric made the awful blunder we brought up here a couple of pages ago. Going into FJ:

James: $14,400

Eric: $12,000

Shari: $6000

Eric should have wagered $0. A case could be made for wagering $2401. Instead he bet it all! And lost on a triple-miss.

With those totals, betting it all is worthless. If James gets the question right, Eric's going to lose anyway. So his best chance to win is to assume James is going to get the question wrong. In that case, betting $0 assures at least a tie for first place, if Shari doubles up. And guarantees a win if they both get it wrong.

Eric could have assured himself a first place finish if James got it wrong, and a guaranteed win if Shari misses too. But, instead, put himself in the position of himself needing to get it right to just stay alive! If he loved the category so much to be confident in it, fine, bet $2401, or up to $5999 to maximize your payday. But in no circumstance should he bet more and allow Shari back in the game. 

James would have to wager at least $9601 in all circumstances. Shari at best can get up to $12000. Eric should never bet everything here. 
Yes, that was textbook idiotic betting by 2nd and 3rd place. And the final question didn't seem that hard, either.

I haven’t watched much since the one guy turned the Jeopardy world upside down. Is this current champ got anything that is unique to himself? Is he taking the big numbers first and betting heavy early?
I have only watched tonight (11th win) and last night. He just seems smarter than everyone else.

JASON ZUFFRANIERI

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Math Teacher

Users who are viewing this thread