What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (3 Viewers)

Patriots coach Bill Belichick says the team hasn't made a final decision about Rob Gronkowski's (knee) Week 1 status.
"I'm glad that Rob's optimistic about this situation," Belichick said of Gronk's Monday pronouncement that he'll be playing. "With all due respect to Rob — I'm glad he feels the way he does — but, in the end, we'll have to make the decision we feel like is best for the team and we'll do that as we go through the week." It's perhaps the least-surprising development of the week that Belichick is trying to confuse the situation, but it's highly doubtful Gronk would have gone on the record unless he was sure he was suiting up. We expect him to be out there against the Dolphins.

BB, why you always have to try and be tricky?

Patriots coach Bill Belichick says the team hasn't made a final decision about Rob Gronkowski's (knee) Week 1 status.
"I'm glad that Rob's optimistic about this situation," Belichick said of Gronk's Monday pronouncement that he'll be playing. "With all due respect to Rob — I'm glad he feels the way he does — but, in the end, we'll have to make the decision we feel like is best for the team and we'll do that as we go through the week." It's perhaps the least-surprising development of the week that Belichick is trying to confuse the situation, but it's highly doubtful Gronk would have gone on the record unless he was sure he was suiting up. We expect him to be out there against the Dolphins.

I know he is so slick right

I admire his commitment to the schtick.

But there's a 0.0% chance that Gronk isn't in my lineups unless there's breaking news between now and kickoff.

But there's a 0.0% chance that Gronk isn't in my lineups unless there's breaking news between now and kickoff.
Really, all that did was all but confirm that he'll play.

I am still not sure. I'm in a 1.5 PPR TE league, but I was able to snag Witten way later than I expected as my fall back (I owned Gronk last year in same league). If I had a less than stellar option, I would risk it, but Witten was the #5 TE last year in this league and was around 75% of Gronk when healthy. I think I may go with Witten week 1.

Also, while I know it was only his second game back last year, he was only 2-27 against Miami after an 8-114 against the Jets in his first game back and right before a 9-143-1TD in his third week. Miami was pretty solid against the pass last year.

Rotoworld:

Rob Gronkowski - TE - Patriots

"Some in the Dolphins organization" anticipate the Patriots "picking their spots" with Rob Gronkowski's (knee) Week 1 usage.

As the Miami Herald notes, it's most sensible to expect Gronkowski to be involved in red-zone packages as opposed to going all-out between the 20-yard lines. Fantasy owners who drafted Gronkowski selected him because of his touchdown scoring, anyway. The Herald's Adam Beasley anticipates the Fins using a "by-committee approach" to guard Gronk, involving LBs Koa Misi and Dannell Ellerbe, as well as safeties Jimmy Wilson and Louis Delmas.

Source: Miami Herald

Sep 3 - 8:14 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/09/03/4326048/miami-dolphins-focusing-on-how.html

Last edited by a moderator:
May bench him this weekend. If the Pats roll early he may see mostly pine. I drafted him as a flex (TE eligible) so I may wait and see

Rotoworld:

"Some in the Dolphins organization" anticipate the Patriots "picking their spots" with Rob Gronkowski's (knee) Week 1 usage.

As the Miami Herald notes, it's most sensible to expect Gronkowski to be involved in red-zone packages as opposed to going all-out between the 20-yard lines. Fantasy owners who drafted Gronkowski selected him because of his touchdown scoring, anyway. The Herald's Adam Beasley anticipates the Fins using a "by-committee approach" to guard Gronk, involving LBs Koa Misi and Dannell Ellerbe, as well as safeties Jimmy Wilson and Louis Delmas.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/09/03/4326048/miami-dolphins-focusing-on-how.html
So Miami will be unprepared to guard Gronk between the 20's.

After Jimmy Graham's foot injury and doughnut against NE last season a lot of his owners were advocating benching him. He scored 4 TDs in the following next two games.

Rotoworld:

Miami has a clueless, inept coaching staff. Start with confidence.

Slapdash said:
Faust said:
Rotoworld:

He had 2/32/0 against them last year.

oh, and I don't believe in the history repeats itself kind of stuff, but if we're throwing previous MIA games out there, last time pats opened at MIA --- brady 500/4

just sayin'..........

Slapdash said:
Faust said:
Rotoworld:

He had 2/32/0 against them last year.
More to do with plays called back than Miami's defense. Miami still has no LBs and their best safety is suspended.

They are obviously being very cautious with him. Didn't really need him today. Hopefully he'll regain some if his explosiveness as the season progresses.

Thanks. Where do you get snap count info by the way?
Keeping track of Gronkowski: Tight end Rob Gronkowski is still working his way back to being a full-time contributor. He played only 28 of 67 snaps in the game (including penalties). Part of that was tied to the game plan, as the Patriots used rookie offensive tackle Cameron Fleming as more of a blocking-type option at the position, with establishing the run game a primary focus. Normally that would be Gronkowski, but he's still knocking off some rust.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/

His numbers weren't impressive, and he didn't look like he was 100%, but I thought he looked good. Give the offense some time to develop.

He had one target in the first half, then five in the third quarter. But nothing in the last 19 game minutes. So basically six targets in 2/3rds of the game and they rested him after that with the game in hand.

[SIZE=14.2857141494751px]Overall, p[/SIZE]retty good usage while he was in but they took advantage of the score to be conservative with him.

From what I have heard, don't expect a big workload from Gronk next week either with the Pats playing at home against Oakland based on the fact that they are playing at home against the Raiders.

From what I have heard, don't expect a big workload from Gronk next week either with the Pats playing at home against Oakland based on the fact that they are playing at home against the Raiders.
Sounds smart to me. The Patriots will probably be up 20 by the end of the first quarter anyway. No need risking injury to Gronk in a blow out.

Rotoworld:

Rob Gronkowski didn't play every snap until his fifth game back last season.

Gronkowski played on just 28-of-67 snaps Sunday as the Patriots coasted to a 30-7 win at Minnesota. This comes on the heels of a 38-of-86 Week 1 snap count. It's a reminder that he's still rounding into form just like last season, although it's worth noting that a knee reconstruction is far different than the elbow issue he battled in 2013. Regardless, Gronk will be an excellent bet to score a touchdown in a home game against the Raiders Week 3.

Source: ESPN Boston

Sep 15 - 7:56 AM

Best thing Gronk owners can hope for is a close game. However, it is hard to play matchups to that degree with the level of parity.

FBG early projections have Gronk 81st for standard flex and 9th among TE's.

Does that seem right? IF I were to go by that, I'd be benching him this week.

But that seems crazy...yet at the same time maybe it's not?

Users who are viewing this thread