What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (7 Viewers)

Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times reports Rob Gronkowski contacted the Buccaneers about playing in November, but decided to remain retired "for now."​

The lede to the story starts: "Saying he was 'bored' not playing football," which feels like the most Rob Gronkowski way to think about unretiring. Gronkowski is only 33 and still likely capable of being a top-5 fantasy tight end if he wanted to pursue it, but the state of the Bucs is ... well, not ring chasing so much as praying to make the playoffs. Perhaps Gronkowski will be amenable to following Tom Brady again in 2023, though.
SOURCE: Tampa Bay Times
Dec 23, 2022, 2:13 PM ET

Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times reports Rob Gronkowski contacted the Buccaneers about playing in November, but decided to remain retired "for now."​

The lede to the story starts: "Saying he was 'bored' not playing football," which feels like the most Rob Gronkowski way to think about unretiring. Gronkowski is only 33 and still likely capable of being a top-5 fantasy tight end if he wanted to pursue it, but the state of the Bucs is ... well, not ring chasing so much as praying to make the playoffs. Perhaps Gronkowski will be amenable to following Tom Brady again in 2023, though.
Dec 23, 2022, 2:13 PM ET
Back in the day, like last year lol, I would have jumped all over adding Gronk to my rosters. He's been on several of my winning teams over the years. Talk show hosts say he not worth a roster add even if he became active. Hmm... still a threat to move the chains and catch TD's. Likely total yards per game down and used sparingly with upside.

The Tampa Bay Times' Rick Stroud reports Rob Gronkowski hasn't ruled out returning in 2023.​

Gronkowski stayed retired after he contacted the Bucs about returning in November but told them 2023 "was a possibility." With Tom Brady a free agent for a second time this offseason, there are rumors of Brady leaving Tampa and bringing Gronkowski wherever he goes again. Teams that reached out to Gronkowski in December believe the door is open on the Hall of Fame tight end returning. The Raiders, 49ers, and Titans are expected to have Brady interest while Gronkowski was linked to the Bengals and Buffalo before retiring last offseason.
Jan 28, 2023, 11:20 AM ET

The Tampa Bay Times' Rick Stroud reports Rob Gronkowski hasn't ruled out returning in 2023.​

Gronkowski stayed retired after he contacted the Bucs about returning in November but told them 2023 "was a possibility." With Tom Brady a free agent for a second time this offseason, there are rumors of Brady leaving Tampa and bringing Gronkowski wherever he goes again. Teams that reached out to Gronkowski in December believe the door is open on the Hall of Fame tight end returning. The Raiders, 49ers, and Titans are expected to have Brady interest while Gronkowski was linked to the Bengals and Buffalo before retiring last offseason.
Must be missing the limelife.

IMO it’s far more likely he’s hamming it up with Howie & Strahan. He seemed to be having a blast up there last weekend.

I feel like if he was going to come back, jumping onto a Brady-led playoff team was about as good of an opportunity as he was going to get.

Sounds delicious.

Sounds delicious.
I like a lime and vodka myself, but gronk seems like more of a beer guy

Gronk addresses his and Brady's return

Gronkowski does have great interest whether former teammate Tom Brady will return to the field in 2023. And he intends to find out.

“I’m kind of wondering what he’s going to do,” Gronkowski says. “But after the interview I saw the other day, where he told the guy Jim Gray, who he does a podcast with every week, that’s a partner, and he’s telling him basically shut the eff up and stop asking that question, that threw me off a little bit.

“So I’m going to give him some time. I’m going to give him another week or two, when it settles down a little bit. I want to know what’s going on but I’ll leave him be right now. It’s early after the season. But I’m kind interested.

“I wonder if he’s going to tell me, I’m not sure thought. I think he will.”

Sounds delicious.
I like a lime and vodka myself, but gronk seems like more of a beer guy

He actually doesn’t drink anymore. Model GF won’t let him apparently.

He seems more famous in retirement. Dude has countless endorsement deals.

Net Worth is close to $50M
-Saved a lot of his money when he was with the New England Patriots
-Don't think he will make it as an analyst, doesn't seem to offer much insight.

Hope he uses some of his money to give back or start a couple charitable foundations that he's passionate about

Users who are viewing this thread