What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (3 Viewers)

Back to my question, what are people getting/giving for him in PPR dynasty?
12-team PPR dynasty: I traded him away for a late 2018 1st round pick, chris godwin, and jonnu Smith

My team is terrible and Gronk is by far my best player, so holding this year and next made little to no sense for my squad. I shopped him for ~1 week to every owner where it made sense to and this was the best trade I could swing. Seems like I got ~70% value for him

Shefter really laying it on thick here, emphasizing how limited he may be due to the thigh contusion.

Man...I just find that really really hard to believe, assuming its not actually a bone bruise. 

Shefter really laying it on thick here, emphasizing how limited he may be due to the thigh contusion.

Man...I just find that really really hard to believe, assuming its not actually a bone bruise. 
It's gotten more coverage every day.  Seems like a real thing. Gotta start him if he plays of course

Wow...now saying he won't even play. This is shocking. Dude plays through everything but the freakiest of bad injuries, and he's held out for a thigh contusion? Not trying to downplay how much that hurts at all, he's just a tough dude and I'm surprised. Its not like this Patriots team can take anyone lightly, either. So the pain must be killing him. 

Well, better to not play at all I guess. Means we have to start someone else rather than start Gronk anyways and get pissed when he does nothing.

Wow...now saying he won't even play. This is shocking. Dude plays through everything but the freakiest of bad injuries, and he's held out for a thigh contusion? Not trying to downplay how much that hurts at all, he's just a tough dude and I'm surprised. Its not like this Patriots team can take anyone lightly, either. So the pain must be killing him. 

Well, better to not play at all I guess. Means we have to start someone else rather than start Gronk anyways and get pissed when he does nothing.
Short week don't help

Short week don't help

For sure. He must be in immense pain. There will be those who trivialize this (and I'll admit I'm surprised) and just go to the default "ugh he's made of glass" complaints, but this type of injury holding him out is definitely not expected. 

So...you think try to pick up Allen or go with someone of ASJ variety?
I have Allen in case of a Gronk injury but don't think there's any way he's startable.  0 catches in the first 8 games of preseason/regular season?  I mean at least get him some targets if they planned on using him at all.

What a change of events. I’ve got White, my opponent has Gronk. 

Have to believe that’s a big increase in White’s usage in the passing game. 

I have Allen in case of a Gronk injury but don't think there's any way he's startable.  0 catches in the first 8 games of preseason/regular season?  I mean at least get him some targets if they planned on using him at all.
NE isn't really using multiple TEs this year. Snaps for the other guys have been pretty limited, so not sure how much you can read into his lack of catches. He should have the majority of snaps tonight and finally opportunity. Starting with confidence is another issue though.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts.  ASJ is the route to go for me vs. Browns who have been a TE sieve.  

NE isn't really using multiple TEs this year. Snaps for the other guys have been pretty limited, so not sure how much you can read into his lack of catches. He should have the majority of snaps tonight and finally opportunity. Starting with confidence is another issue though.
Hmm... fair enough.  But it isn't concerning that he's had ZERO catches?  I get that NE seems to have the ability to just plug in a dude from the street and he'll go off, but I dunno about Allen.  Maybe long term if Gronks injury is long term, but even if he got like 1-2 targets a game then I'd be okay with it.  0 means he's been on the field and not even considered.

TEs vs. Cleveland:  James, Watson, Doyle and Kroft have combined for 22-216-4

James....6-41-2

Watson....8-91-0

Doyle...2-16-0

Kroft...6-68-2

Definitely ASJ vs. Browns for me.  Hope you guys have something potentially this promising available.

Oof. I have Allen as a backup, but I'm rolling with Zach Miller, as at least I know what I'll get (3-40). I'd rather have the 7 pts then a potential for 1-15 line. 

Both E Engram (vs LAC) and ASJ are available to me. I’m leaving Engram since I like his role and his offense better, but I don’t know if I like it THAT much better.

In one TE premium league I'm screwed because of byes, with Gronk out. Really thinking of rolling with Hollister over Kittle as a flier. 
Kroft looks good for another week...Eifort not practicing, Dalton loves him a big tight end. 

....not that there’s anything wrong with that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I drafted Gronk on the 2/3 turn and knew at the time it was ultra risk-reward.  Bright side....he wasn't carted off the field and he has 10 days to get right.

Well I was thinking about dropping Reed if I couldn’t trade him (haven’t been able to) and now I might just have to anyways. Oh well. 

Users who are viewing this thread