What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool Mock #2 - "What teams WILL do" - Spots open. (1 Viewer)

2.90 - Denver - Montee Ball, RB - Wisconsin

2.91 - New England - Aaron Dobson, WR - Marshall

2.92 - Atlanta - Kiko Alonso, ILB - Oregon

Andy Dufresne said:
That sound you heard was a million fake cheatsheets crying out in terror...and then suddenly silenced (when they realized this draft was fake).

As stated elsewhere, since the Rhodes pick I've become convinced that the Titans take Cooper instead. So, let's compare what could have been with what we got in the mock. Assuming the value is there, I think the Titans walk out of round 3 with a corner, a pass rusher and an interior lineman, probably a Guard.

10. Tennessee - Xavier Rhodes, CB - FSU
40. Tennessee - Datone Jones, DE - UCLA
70. Tennessee - Barrett Jones, G/C - Alabama

20. Chicago - Jonathan Cooper, OG - North Carolina
40. Tennessee - Datone Jones, DE - UCLA
74. San Francisco (from Carolina) - Tyrann "Honey Badger" Mathieu, CB - LSU OR Logan Ryan
I think this is pretty close. Either way the Titans would be happy. I'd like to see them take Barrett Jones in any scenerio, but I'm not sure they'd take two interior linemen this early. Not that they couldn't use them.

Andy Dufresne said:
That sound you heard was a million fake cheatsheets crying out in terror...and then suddenly silenced (when they realized this draft was fake).
Why? Because they were hoping the Pack could take him in the 4th?
Nah, I was more referring to the sudden skyrocketing value of Ball if he goes to Denver. Not only is it a good situation for him, but some people still think that Denver has some sort of magic ju-ju with RBs.

31. San Francisco - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR - Tennessee
34. San Francisco (from Kansas City) – Margus Hunt, DE - SMU

61. San Francisco - Jamie Collins, OLB - SoMiss
74. San Francisco (from Carolina) - Tyrann "Honey Badger" Mathieu, CB - LSU
93. San Francisco - JJ Wilcox, SS - Georgia Southern
Likes: infusion of athletes and playmakers on a defense that needs youth. elite offensive talent at non-elite draft spot.

Dislikes: No day NT taken. I truly believe that we would have moved up from 61 to take Jesse Williams or John Jenkins. We won't have a situation (like here) where 10 straight teams ignore a trade where we are overpaying to move up. If you take out Jamie Collins and add either DT, I'm on cloud 9. As it stands, this is a problem.

49ers: I can see them drafting Patterson, Hunt, and Honey Badger. Collins was a favorite of mine (reminds me of Clint Simtin...wait a minute lol).

Houston's picks

1.27 - Arthur Brown LB Kansas St

2.27 - Terrence Williams WR Baylor

3.27 - Ryan Swope WR Texas A&M

3.33 - Tyler Bray QB Tennessee

Last edited by a moderator:
So, Andy... with Joeckel, (Alex Smith), and Barkley in hand, and another pick after the Titans and Jags; where will you go here?

Poyer or Da'rick Rogers would be my choice.

This is from Pipes...

1.26 - Jonathan Cyprien, SS - FIU

He should be around in the next 30 minutes to explain why. I like it.
I'm hearing alot of RB, WR and TE talk but the fact is GB's season ended the last 2 years because of their defense. Yes they need to address those positions but that defense needs an upgrade. I was torn between D line and Safety here but went safety for a couple of reasons. Many people thought the defense suffered with the loss of Cullen Jenkins and while I think they did the bigger loss was Nick Collins. Cyprien brings that potential with his size, speed, athleticism and toughness. To me the Packers biggest issue on defense is toughness especially in the secondary. The Packers may have the worst tackling secondary in the league and now with Woodson gone it will be even worse. Cyprien brings that athletic ability and toughness the Packers need on the back end. I don't think anyone in their secondary tackled Adrian Peterson last year. While Elam may be a little better hitter that Cyprien, Cyprien's size and athleticism is what makes him the Packer's pick. The Pack with live with the occasional coverage breakdown that Cyprien may have as he goes through the growing pains. That secondary needs an attitude adjustment and Cyprien's the guy to bring some physicality to the back end of the Packers' defense.

This draft has a ton of Dline depth and that position will definitely be addressed at some point in the draft.
Best read on what the Pack will do in order they want to?

1. Trade down, out of the 1st round. They need dline/dbackfield help. Talent (compared to where they pick in r1) in r2/3 is as good as r1

2. If they don't trade down, it will be a dline player

3. Won't take a safety in R1 (but might in R2 depending on how many picks they end up with)

So, Andy... with Joeckel, (Alex Smith), and Barkley in hand, and another pick after the Titans and Jags; where will you go here?

Poyer or Da'rick Rogers would be my choice.
I misspelled DRogers' name. He was already taken. Poyer is a consideration but they did sign Sean Smith.

I think I'll go this way:

3.96 - Kansas City - A.J. Klein, LB - Iowa St.

Last edited by a moderator:

Considerations: if Tyler Bray falls, he could be picked here. Vance McDonald (or another receiving TE), Tony Jefferson, Quessenberry, Poyer

Tempted to go with a receiving TE as I'm not sold on Walker, but Tony Jefferson is the pick.

Users who are viewing this thread