What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travdogg's 2023 Mock draft as of 3/31 (1 Viewer)

Consensus Big Board (Top 200)

Data culled from Bleacher Report (175), Brugler (100), Campbell (100), CBS Big Board (350), Draft Diamonds (250), DraftTek (300), Espn (300), Mock Draft Database (250), NFL.com (300), PFF Big Board (350), PFN Big Board (250), Sporting News (100), Sports Illustrated (100), Daniel Jeremiah (50), Tankathon (100), TDN Big Board (100).
This is really interesting, thanks for sharing it.

Its funny, I read PFF, I listen to Kiper/McShay when they are on, I read DJ on NFL.com, and yet the source I seem to have the most similar views to is Tankathon, who I have almost no knowledge of. I guess that speaks to making up my own mind on guys, but its surprising to me.

I probably watch Bootleg (Brett Kollmann & EJ Snyder) & PFF on YT the most. I like Mike Renner and the newish pod NFL Stock Exchange (PFF started this year but same guys, Trevor Sikema & Trevor Rogers, who create a lot of their draft content.) TBH I like them for entertainment factor as much as anything. PFF is kind of out of sync with a lot of consensus ranks.

Every draft has surprises. though. Would be boring if all the GMs went chalk.

IDK how to access all 22 for CFB so I find it pretty hard to do my own scouting for passing game positions, rely on others opinions and breakdowns. I don't see much value in watching highlights or regular telecasts bc I have no idea what coverages are with the typical sideline view. Somewhat easier doing lineman and RBs but you often don't get the ball carriers view.

Agree wr for the Jets doesn't seem super likely. Only way could see happening is if JSN fell to that spot maybe they couldn't pass on pairing him with Wilson.

Agree, The Jets need to surround Rogers with weapons, but just like Brady, he doesn't like rookies so if they do add one it won't be a beginner.

Plus having a room full of people that know how you like to throw, will spread through the entire locker room. He likes it short, he likes it deep, he likes it in space, he likes it over the top, he likes it from behind, etc etc.

Cobb knows Rogers like no one else, bring him in as a locker room coach if nothing else, getting your wide receivers on the same page early is key.

I feel like it’s Festivus at the Costanza house, “I got a lot of problems with you people!”

lol

I’d hate to see JSN to TEN, but I agree it’s a possibility. I will be rooting hard against this.

I can’t see HOU going DL. They need offensive weapons, or, at worst, another anchor for their OL to help their QB. IMO it’s Addison or Johnston if JSN goes at 11. Maybe even if JSN doesn’t go at 11. I know Ryans is a defensive guy, but if they’re drafting a rookie QB he’s gonna need more than Metchie, Bobby Trees, Nico Collins &
Schultz. It’s possible, but they’re in a great position to pair up a QB/WR combo to develop together.

I also don’t believe Seattle will take Levis (I also don’t see Levis as a 1st round pick, but that’s another story) - historically, Seattle loves defensive players & OL in the 1st round. Penny was the only offensive skill player they’d taken in the 1st in 20 years, dating back to the 2001 selection of Koren Robinson (9). Their 2nd pick that year was much better (Hutch at 17). I just don’t see it, and I’m not sure Carroll wants to develop a QB at 71. (Carroll, not the QB. It would be amazing to see a 71 year old rookie QB though. Late bloomer.)

Also you have SEA taking a TE at 20. Is a move TE really a need for them? They don’t throw to the TE much IIRC, despite having had some decent ones over the years. I also believe they’re fond of Dissley. And that would be 2x as many offensive 1st rounders as they’ve taken in 22 years. It would be pretty remarkable.

You also have “speed” as a worst trait for Bijan, who just ran a 4.46 at the combine. If that’s his worst trait he’s gonna be an absolutely legendary player.

Still, Yoemans work here, and at least it doesn’t look exactly like every other mock draft I’ve seen. Some bold calls throughout - just many, many, many I disagree with. Fun for discussion though. I respect the effort and look forward to the next edition. :hifive:

Last edited:
I feel like it’s Festivus at the Costanza house, “I got a lot of problems with you people!”

lol

I’d hate to see JSN to TEN, but I agree it’s a possibility. I will be rooting hard against this.

I can’t see HOU going DL. They need offensive weapons, or, at worst, another anchor for their OL to help their QB. IMO it’s Addison or Johnston if JSN goes at 11. Maybe even if JSN doesn’t go at 11. I know Ryans is a defensive guy, but if they’re drafting a rookie QB he’s gonna need more than Metchie, Bobby Trees, Nico Collins &
Schultz. It’s possible, but they’re in a great position to pair up a QB/WR combo to develop together.

I also don’t believe Seattle will take Levis (I also don’t see Levis as a 1st round pick, but that’s another story) - historically, Seattle loves defensive players & OL in the 1st round. Penny was the only offensive skill player they’d taken in the 1st in 20 years, dating back to the 2001 selection of Koren Robinson (9). Their 2nd pick that year was much better (Hutch at 17). I just don’t see it, and I’m not sure Carroll wants to develop a QB at 71.

Also you have SEA taking a TE at 20. Is a move TE really a need for them? They don’t throw to the TE much IIRC, despite having had some decent ones over the years. I also believe they’re fond of Dissley. And that would be 2x as many offensive 1st rounders as they’ve taken in 22 years. It would be pretty remarkable.

You also have “speed” as a worst trait for Bijan, who just ran a 4.46 at the combine. If that’s his worst trait he’s gonna be an absolutely legendary player.

Still, Yoemans work here, and at least it doesn’t look exactly like every other mock draft I’ve. Some bold calls throughout - just many, many, many I disagree with. Fun for discussion though. I respect the effort and look forward to the next edition. :hifive:
Serenity now!

I think JSN to the Titans wouldn't be bad as a landing spot. #1 job is wide open, and once upon a time, Jarvis Landry had multiple 110 catch seasons with Tannehill, and JSN is more talented than peak Landry in my eyes.

Does it matter if Pete Carroll wants to develop a QB? I mean, the franchise has to go on, even after he's gone. I think its more that Geno (despite a good season) isn't exactly a long term building block, and if things go according to plan, they won't be picking this high for a long time, so take the most valuable position, especially if there is a player worthy of it. I might be driving the Levis bandwagon (I think its a tossup for QB2 after Young) but he's certainly got a lot of tools to work with. I wouldn't call TE a NEED, but its certainly a place that could use an upgrade, they had 3 TEs with over 30 targets, but none over 70, so in my eyes, they want to use the position, but nobody is really earning targets. Mayer could gove them that reliable middle of the field compliment to DK/Lockett that they need.

Bijan has no real weaknesses in my opinion. Speed is his biggest and its certainly just fine, its just not near the top of the class. I think Bijan is interesting because he doesn't really have an elite trait, but he doesn't have any holes, and that all around ability is what makes him special to me. Like I've said on many occasions, he's the best RB prospect since Saquon, though I do think Saquon was a much better prospect. I think Bijan may be a top-5 NFL RB as a rookie.

I try not to have too many consensus calls in my mocks, especially because so few mocks have much correct, so why try to fall in line right? I will probably do 1 more around draft day.

I wouldn't call TE a NEED, but its certainly a place that could use an upgrade, they had 3 TEs with over 30 targets, but none over 70, so in my eyes, they want to use the position, but nobody is really earning targets. Mayer could gove them that reliable middle of the field compliment to DK/Lockett that they need.
I used to think that before they largely wasted Jimmy Graham. I guess he had a 10 TD season there, but I don’t think their TE production is a result of talent so much as offensive philosophy. I could be wrong.

he's the best RB prospect since Saquon, though I do think Saquon was a much better prospect
IMO he’s better a better prospect than Saquan. He’s not as fast, sure - but he’s tougher, breaks more tackles and looks like a stronger runner. He does a lot of things better, but the tackle evasion (vision/cuts) and broken tackles are definitely better. Saquan goes down on 1st contact a lot.

I think Edge James is a better comp, but he’s got better lateral movement than Edge.

Agree he could immediately be a top 5 NFL RB. Maybe better, landing spot depending.

I wouldn't call TE a NEED, but its certainly a place that could use an upgrade, they had 3 TEs with over 30 targets, but none over 70, so in my eyes, they want to use the position, but nobody is really earning targets. Mayer could gove them that reliable middle of the field compliment to DK/Lockett that they need.
I used to think that before they largely wasted Jimmy Graham. I guess he had a 10 TD season there, but I don’t think their TE production is a result of talent so much as offensive philosophy. I could be wrong.
I'd disagree very much that they wasted Jimmy Graham. In 3 seasons he had:

48-605-2, in a season he missed 5 full games, and was never fully healthy. TE18 for fantasy.
71-982-7 a very good season. TE4 for fantasy.
57-520-10 a solid season, where he was banged up for a lot of it. TE4 for fantasy.

Graham in Seattle was rarely healthy but was pretty productive when he was. Not New Orleans productive, but Seattle wasn't throwing anywhere near as much as NO was.

I also don't think their offensive philosophy is TE unfriendly. Just this year the position accounted for 110-1164-6. Only Kansas City and Baltimore got more receiving yards out of the TE position. They just split it between 3 guys, because none of them are anything special.

I also don't think their offensive philosophy is TE unfriendly. Just this year the position accounted for 110-1164-6. Only Kansas City and Baltimore got more receiving yards out of the TE position. They just split it between 3 guys, because none of them are anything special.
So why draft a guy in the 1st if they can get that production out of the other 3?

Again, their historic track record points to OL or D. 1 pick in the last 22 years (Penny) was an offensive skill player and you have them taking a QB at 5 and a TE at 20. Seems like long odds.

Again, I respect the bold call. SERENITY NOW!

So why draft a guy in the 1st if they can get that production out of the other 3?

Again, their historic track record points to OL or D. 1 pick in the last 22 years (Penny) was an offensive skill player and you have them taking a QB at 5 and a TE at 20. Seems like long odds.

The fact that 3 mediocre players can get that much production, means an actual good player (and Mayer may be more than just good) has upside from that. If Mayer doesn't go to Seattle, I think he's a prime candidate for Dallas.

That's an offense that has a ceiling with Geno but has a ton going for it right now with DK, Lockett, Walker, Cross, Lucas. Another impact skill player makes everyone better in my opinion, and Levis could unlock an entirely different aspect with his deep ball.

I don't think they are locked into QB or TE at all. I think they are open to both. If Will Anderson made it to #5, I think they'd take him. If Joey Porter or Lukas Van Nes made it to #20, I think they'd take them. But in this scenario, they didn't. I'm also not a huge believer in historical (like 22 years ago) track records for drafts, and anything pre-2010 is the Mike Holmgren era anyway.

The fact that 3 mediocre players can get that much production, means an actual good player (and Mayer may be more than just good) has upside from that. If Mayer doesn't go to Seattle, I think he's a prime candidate for Dallas.

That's an offense that has a ceiling with Geno but has a ton going for it right now with DK, Lockett, Walker, Cross, Lucas. Another impact skill player makes everyone better in my opinion, and Levis could unlock an entirely different aspect with his deep ball.

I don't think they are locked into QB or TE at all. I think they are open to both. If Will Anderson made it to #5, I think they'd take him. If Joey Porter or Lukas Van Nes made it to #20, I think they'd take them. But in this scenario, they didn't. I'm also not a huge believer in historical (like 22 years ago) track records for drafts, and anything pre-2010 is the Mike Holmgren era anyway.
Taking Levis or any QB, but esp. Levis, wouldn't make any sense to me. Geno was a top 10 QB last year. will he do it again? Maybe/ maybe not, but makes sense to see before investing all that draft capital.

I think they’d benefit a lot more from a WR to supplement, and later replace the aging Lockett.

Taking Levis or any QB, but esp. Levis, wouldn't make any sense to me. Geno was a top 10 QB last year. will he do it again? Maybe/ maybe not, but makes sense to see before investing all that draft capital
I don't think that's very much draft capital. A first round pick? That's the minimum you'll expect to pay. Carolina WISHES they were only paying that.

What if Stroud or Young were there? Most would think it's a great Seattle pick.

Levis not worth it, I'm with you. But if you don't have QB locked down for ten years, you take one when you see a franchise guy.

Taking Levis or any QB, but esp. Levis, wouldn't make any sense to me. Geno was a top 10 QB last year. will he do it again? Maybe/ maybe not, but makes sense to see before investing all that draft capital
I don't think that's very much draft capital. A first round pick? That's the minimum you'll expect to pay. Carolina WISHES they were only paying that.

What if Stroud or Young were there? Most would think it's a great Seattle pick.

Levis not worth it, I'm with you. But if you don't have QB locked down for ten years, you take one when you see a franchise guy.
Maybe if they were picking 1st or 2nd would make sense to consider it if they really liked one of the top 2 guys, but that's a different scenario than the one we're working with.

and the room is filled with rodgers wr croneys.
You mean filled with a whole ONE of them?
It is weird to me, how the narrative is that the Jets have bent over backwards for Rodgers. They signed Lazard, and that's it. Not Cobb, not Tonyan, not Lewis, just Lazard. While I would highly question whether that was a good signing, and its easy to point to it as appeasing Rodgers, its still just 1 move.

I also think people may have too high of an opinion of Hardman. I bet he returns kicks and punts and has the occasional gadget play. No bigger role than he had in KC, and possibly/probably a smaller one.

Despite Saleh's claims to the contrary, I don't know how safe Corey Davis roster spot is, I mean, logically if you were trying to maybe trade him, you would be saying you were thinking of cutting him. Elijah Moore was a "big part of the team's plans" until he was traded.
I don't think they would have hired Hackett as their oc if it wasn't for Rodgers. Denver's offense wasn't exactly . . . good last year.

Colts do plan on moving up, right? Like they're not gonna let that just hang out there for any other team to swoop in and steal their guy.
I think Colts, Raiders and Titans will all be trying to meet Arizona's asking price for pick 3 to draft Richardson, not sure any of them will but my guess is it will be Colts or Raiders if one does.

I view Richardsons floor in this draft as pick 4 unless Colts make a move on Lamar.

Colts do plan on moving up, right? Like they're not gonna let that just hang out there for any other team to swoop in and steal their guy.

Would be great if they did, I love Draft Day chaos
Today's draft rumor is that several teams think Indy plans on taking Levis.
From Jeremy Fowler:

“Will Levis and the Colts, there is a little bit of buzz leaguewide about that pairing at No. 4 overall. I texted with Kentucky coach Mark Stoops, who coached Levis for a few years with the Wildcats, he said, 'I can just say the Colts have done their homework on Levis' and left it at that. Now, they've done their homework on a lot of guys, but I talked to several teams who believe that there could be something there. He fits the prototype of what the Colts have typically liked in a quarterback. They like that big, sturdy, pocket-passer. So, he's got that in spades. He's not for everybody. Not every team has loved his makeup or the way he plays, but he's got a lot of supporters as well

Today's draft rumor is that several teams think Indy plans on taking Levis.

So if Arizona & Seattle go Will Anderson + Tyree Wilson…

…take your pick, Brad: Richardson, Carter or your fav CB

That’s not an easy choice but wow

Zona doesn't want to miss out on Anderson, Colts know this, so no need to move up. Maybe Zona would do it for some exorbitant price but not gonna be worth it for teams to pay it.

you gotta give up on this
Oh, he knows what's coming, he just doesn't like it
Some people think they know, but they don’t squat. With me, I just hope. Yes, I joke about kissing cows butts if they pick Richardson, but we really don’t have a clue how this will unfold. I hope if the Colts don’t have who they want at #4 they will pass on a QB and see who’s available at #35. They could still trade for Jackson and not have to sell the farm to do it.

Some people think they know, but they don’t squat. With me, I just hope. Yes, I joke about kissing cows butts if they pick Richardson , but we really don’t have a clue how this will unfold. I hope if the Colts don’t have who they want at #4 they will pass on a QB and see who’s available at #35. They could still trade for Jackson and not have to sell the farm to do it.
I totally agree no one knows. I hate "no way" before the draft. We don't have a clue what the 20th pick is. But.....We have a real short list of who might go at #4.

As a fan, you have your scenarios, some more likely than others. Most likely, two QBs are gone, and it's most likely the ones you would want, as a sane fan.

If you are of the opinion that they will pass on QB, that is interesting to me. I don't really think they can. The Colts painted themselves into a corner over the last few years, they cannot leave Day 1 of this draft with Minshew. I mean, they could, and listen, if they took Carter or Williams and said, nope, no good QBs left, I would applaud that. Don't force Levis, or Richardson. But Irsay doesn't sound like he's in patient, hey let's punt on this year mode to me.

Some people think they know, but they don’t squat. With me, I just hope. Yes, I joke about kissing cows butts if they pick Richardson , but we really don’t have a clue how this will unfold. I hope if the Colts don’t have who they want at #4 they will pass on a QB and see who’s available at #35. They could still trade for Jackson and not have to sell the farm to do it.
I totally agree no one knows. I hate "no way" before the draft. We don't have a clue what the 20th pick is. But.....We have a real short list of who might go at #4.

As a fan, you have your scenarios, some more likely than others. Most likely, two QBs are gone, and it's most likely the ones you would want, as a sane fan.

If you are of the opinion that they will pass on QB, that is interesting to me. I don't really think they can. The Colts painted themselves into a corner over the last few years, they cannot leave Day 1 of this draft with Minshew. I mean, they could, and listen, if they took Carter or Williams and said, nope, no good QBs left, I would applaud that. Don't force Levis, or Richardson. But Irsay doesn't sound like he's in patient, hey let's punt on this year mode to me.
Irsay may not want to punt this year, but if he did for Caleb Williams, I wouldn’t fault him. However, Richardson isn’t the type of a QB the Colts generally go for, especially given how raw he is and they might not even like Levis. Or they may love Levis, I don’t know. You’re right about not forcing it. Too many franchises have set themselves back years by forcing it. They may even have their sights on someone at pick 35 and use 4 on BPA. It wouldn’t be a bad play and if #35 busts, it isn’t as costly as busting on #4.

Colts do plan on moving up, right?
I don't see a scenario they are happy with. Irsay or @JohnnyU

The QBs they are supposed to be getting are gone at 1/2.
I would love for someone to fall in love with Richardson in the top two picks and / or an outside chance Levis.
If Stroud doesn't go #1, I could see the Texans not taking him at #2.
I can’t.
Stroud is represented by the same agent as DeShaun Watson, which could affect how the Texans view him, and I could see them falling in love with the higher ceiling of a Levis or Richardson. Houston may not even go QB. I wouldn't be shocked if they took Anderson as Ryans new Nick Bosa-esq defensive centerpiece.

Its probably moot as Stroud is the favorite to go #1 it seems (a mistake in my opinion, as I think the world of Bryce Young, who I think could be a top-8 QB as a rookie) but in this year's class I think just about anything is possible. There is no clear cut #1, #2, #3, or #4. Young and Stroud are in there somewhere and likely Anderson too, but all it takes is one team to throw a curveball, and all 4 teams picking in the top-4 have a new GM, new HC, or both.

I would love for someone to fall in love with Richardson in the top two picks and / or an outside chance Levis.
I can’t.
Stroud is represented by the same agent as DeShaun Watson, which could affect how the Texans view him, and I could see them falling in love with the higher ceiling of a Levis or Richardson. Houston may not even go QB. I wouldn't be shocked if they took Anderson as Ryans new Nick Bosa-esq defensive centerpiece.

Its probably moot as Stroud is the favorite to go #1 it seems (a mistake in my opinion, as I think the world of Bryce Young, who I think could be a top-8 QB as a rookie) but in this year's class I think just about anything is possible. There is no clear cut #1, #2, #3, or #4. Young and Stroud are in there somewhere and likely Anderson too, but all it takes is one team to throw a curveball, and all 4 teams picking in the top-4 have a new GM, new HC, or both.
I appreciate your thoughtful takes.

Personally, I’m starting to get nervous about Young. He’s tiny and 185 soaking wet - probably didn’t poop for 3 days before the combine, and drank a gallon of water before stepping on the scale.

I’ve defended him quite a bit because he has passed the eye test, but more and more I can’t shake the fact that his “warts” aren’t correctable with coaching. Unless coach buys him platform cleats & chains him to the weight room.

IMO Stroud is the Panthers pick at 1, so we agree there. But if CAR does something squirrelly then I’d be shocked if HOU isn’t all over him. I’d not, they should trade down to 4 and really lean into the move. Otherwise they’re just leaving value on the table.

I can’t.

I appreciate your thoughtful takes.

Personally, I’m starting to get nervous about Young. He’s tiny and 185 soaking wet - probably didn’t poop for 3 days before the combine, and drank a gallon of water before stepping on the scale.

I’ve defended him quite a bit because he has passed the eye test, but more and more I can’t shake the fact that his “warts” aren’t correctable with coaching. Unless coach buys him platform cleats & chains him to the weight room.

IMO Stroud is the Panthers pick at 1, so we agree there. But if CAR does something squirrelly then I’d be shocked if HOU isn’t all over him. I’d not, they should trade down to 4 and really lean into the move. Otherwise they’re just leaving value on the table.
Thanks, I'm just trying to consider all possibilities and sort of factor my evaluations in.

On Stroud. I'm not saying he won't be a top-2 pick, I'm just saying there is a lot less certainty about any of the top-4 than I think is being discussed. I could see Stroud anywhere from 1-4. Can't see any scenario he falls past Indy.

I personally have 0 doubts about Bryce Young, in fact, I actually prefer him to Lawrence/Burrow as a prospect. I understand the size thing, but I just don't think it'll matter. He's not a guy who wins in a way like Kyler Murray, who is better than he gets credit for (Kingsbury could drag anyone down) but I don't see a single wart in Young's game. That said, I don't think most GMs think that way, and it wouldn't blow my mind if Young was the steal of the draft because he was the 4th QB drafted, stranger things have happened.

Users who are viewing this thread