What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

★☆★ NFL DRAFT Thread. ★☆★ (2 Viewers)

Landry Jones to the Steelers. Wonder if this means Big Ben's injury history is catching up to him - Jones is already 24 so it's not like they're planning to sit him behind Big Ben for a half-decade. I think he'll possibly be a steal, though.
He's drafted as a backup. Not every draft pick is intended to take over for the present starter.

Landry Jones to the Steelers. Wonder if this means Big Ben's injury history is catching up to him - Jones is already 24 so it's not like they're planning to sit him behind Big Ben for a half-decade. I think he'll possibly be a steal, though.
All it means is that Charlie Batch is a thousand years old.

Honestly don't know what to make of the Giants draft although my gut sorta likes it - contrary to much of the Giants fan boards that are going nuts.

Pugh in the first fills a big need and this could be a guy that because of "short arm syndrome" was not as highy regarded as perhaps his production should dictate. Versatile guy to solidify an aging line.

Fast forward to Nassib, and while it's hardly a need today, the better franchises have a longer term view. Eli is 32 and Nassib is not exactly ready to go day one. A nice insurance policy looking 3 or so years down the road when Eli is 35. We've also seen some backups go for high draft picks via trade, so you have an off chance that he works on some of his weaknesses, has a banner couple preseason games and could become a 2nd round pick in a couple years for a team that sees him with rose colored glasses.

Then again, LB and DB are still big issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see any of the remaining teams in the 4th as a place for Jonathan Franklin, so maybe he falls even further into the 5th round. Incredible. He's looking like this year's Chris Polk.

Good pick there by the Birds. Harper isn't that explosive, but could be a really solid #2/possession WR.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that Jerry jones is actively sabotaging his own team. I hate the cowgirls and couldn't have picked better. Unless a miracle happens, their draft is a D- to F.

Is there another LEGATRON in this draft? :popcorn:
Supposedly. Zachary Ramirez,

http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/04/11/portland-states-zachary-ramirez-displays-strong-leg/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000160675/article/2013-nfl-draft-noname-prospects-can-step-into-spotlight

K, Portland State: Boy, the ball just jumps off this guy's leg; I think he's the next Greg Zuerlein, the unknown kicker who burst onto the scene with the St. Louis Rams as a rookie last season. Like Zuerlein, Ramirez hardly missed in college; at the Super Regional Combine in Dallas, he hit three field goals from 55 yards out with ease. Ramirez, who went by the name Zach Brown at Portland State, attracted representatives from four teams to his pro day.

Franklin is value at this point. But, if GB was confident in Lacy, why take Franklin? I also believe they will cancel each other in fantasy value.

I agree that Franklin going to GB muddies the fantasy outlook of each of them, but great pick by Ted for the Packers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Franklin is value at this point. But, if GB was confident in Lacy, why take Franklin? I also believe they will cancel each other in fantasy value.
Complimentary backs. As a Packer fan, I kind of like it. Fantasy wise, it probably takes away any value there. I'm under the impression that there are medical questions with Lacy as well as possible character issues.(?)

Really rooting for Lattimore. Would love to see him go in the 4th.
Am I missing something? What team would be foolish enough to spend a pick on Lattimore?
49ers have 8 picks today, including a bunch of comp picks they cannot trade.

A good team, with maybe only a few holes to fill, is looking at a 5th or 6th rounder that might be a practice squad OL, or a backup S that you hope can contribute on special teams, why not? Throw him on IR for the year. Potential payoff is really good, don't see why you cannot take a chance.
I called it, I called it!!!!!!

:grad:

Users who are viewing this thread